3It was OK
13.9%
2Disliked it
8.3%
1Hated it
2.8%
Average 3.8
36 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 8:31 AM

Jan 2018
We got a new manga about making games this time. It was an interesting start. This is the author's first serialized work too. Let's see how it goes.
Sep 22, 10:48 AM
Jun 2022
First chapter: 8/10
I hope this turns out great and focuses on multiple genres of games and I do wish for something like Bakuman but with game devs.
Sep 22, 12:42 PM
Jul 2024
I can enjoy a good process manga but I didn't feel lik there was enough about the process. Instead it's more about the characterization and character growth. It was just alright to me. I'd rather read Tenmaku Cinema though as I felt like it did better including the process as well even in just the first chapter. Maybe it'll improve over time.
Sep 22, 1:41 PM

Sep 2015
Having an autistic protagonist is really an interesting choice. And can't believe that the one with the weird long white hair had the nerve to make fun of the other guy's head.
Sep 22, 8:43 PM

May 2010
Decent start but it really didn't pull me in. I like the concept of exploring how games are made and many of my favorite series are about exploring the creative process but this lacked any real detail or insight into the world of being a game dev. We have the clueless MC but most of the characters lacked any depth making it hard to get invested in anything. This is easily the weakest of the new batch but it has a great concept so hopefully it finds its footing.
Sep 22, 10:49 PM

Apr 2024
a Game dev Manga?! Oh hell yeah! I'm gonna be following this one closely!

(Please don't get canned...)
"Dreams are worth fighting for"
Backloggery | YouTube | Heatmap
Sep 24, 12:28 PM

Oct 2020
i like this new batch coming out rn in jump
Sep 24, 1:30 PM

Oct 2022
I like the concept of this one, and I really like the tomboy FMC. As someone who did quite a lot of game development in school (and had no friends), I can definitely relate to Hikuma (besides him being an anxious pushover).

Art is mid, but the game dev story is something I’ve personally not seen before. Shonen Jump has some pretty good titles coming out lately!
Gachiakuta is the greatest manga of all time
Sep 25, 7:18 AM

Aug 2015
Very interesting premise and a decent first chapter. No idea how this will go over with Jump's main audience, however.
Controversial opinions
Sep 25, 1:18 PM
Oct 2019
If this actually gets into gamedev, it might be interesting, however given jump's standards, I doubt we'll see anything actually technical. But I'll gladly be surprised.
Also main girl kinda hot ngl
Sep 25, 1:19 PM
Oct 2019
AhmedJafar1 said:
Having an autistic protagonist is really an interesting choice. And can't believe that the one with the weird long white hair had the nerve to make fun of the other guy's head.

Autistic protagonist? Where did that idea come from? That's just your run off the mill standard bullied protag
Sep 25, 4:57 PM

Sep 2015
Reply to Karol_At
AhmedJafar1 said:

Autistic protagonist? Where did that idea come from? That's just your run off the mill standard bullied protag
@Karol_At Failing to understand the hidden meaning behind a lot of social situations, getting too focused on certain tasks so he lost track of anything around him, and the most obvious of all, the sensorineural overload that he felt when everyone started giving him attention. These are all signs of autism when grouped together.
Sep 25, 5:23 PM
Oct 2020
Ok I like this start so please don't axe it. I feel this might not be something that becomes popular enough though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakutaku Chapter 4 Discussion

Red_Ranger_Wien - Oct 13

4 by AltPlusF4 »»
Oct 15, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Hakutaku Chapter 3 Discussion

Red_Ranger_Wien - Oct 6

5 by Karol_At »»
Oct 11, 12:25 PM

Poll: » Hakutaku Chapter 2 Discussion

ARK-13 - Sep 29

4 by FlowMAL »»
Oct 1, 11:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.