3It was OK
0.0%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.0
1 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 12:38 AM

Dec 2012
Well, it was certainly worth coming out of my comfort zone to get a perspective I don't normally interact with. Initially I was going to complain about how this got a bit boring once it entered the gay dating scene, but I wanted to keep an open mind and it made me realize why I found it so alien. I can see how the dynamic of finding someone to date would be much different for gay guys - especially back in the 2000s. Most of Ryousuke's organic love interests were straight and he basically had to send out bat signals online to meet with other guys who shared those mutual feelings. Personally I've never liked online dating either because at that point, you're trying to force sparks rather than meeting someone and falling in love through a naturally developing bond. Then having to deal with societal pressures & keeping the dates on the down low, much like the insecurities Takuma was dealing with. While I have my own views on the topic of marriage, it did still sadden me to see how Ryousuke and...well, Ryousuke were treated and rejected.

Overall, this was still a pretty solid read. I've always felt marginal in society (for much different reasons) and that aspect of this story really struck a chord. Ryousuke's line about not hating yourself and being your own ally came at a good time for me, as I've recently been wrestling through some intense feelings of dejection & not being "normal" in the way I feel I should. I really do hope this serves as more than embellishment for a social message and that Ryousuke (both) are truly happy today so that the message of pursuing happiness can truly be real.

7/10
ZekkenshinJun 10, 12:42 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku ga Otto ni Deau made Chapter 6 Discussion

Zekkenshin - Jun 10

0 by Zekkenshin »»
Jun 10, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Boku ga Otto ni Deau made Chapter 2 Discussion

Zekkenshin - Jun 6

0 by Zekkenshin »»
Jun 6, 6:54 PM

Poll: » Boku ga Otto ni Deau made Chapter 1 Discussion

Zekkenshin - Jun 1

0 by Zekkenshin »»
Jun 1, 4:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.