3It was OK
0.0%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
25.0%
Average 3.8
8 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2023 4:05 PM

Jun 2011
So I just read part of the last chapter to see how it would end, and if I would buy it (yes I only buy something if I like the ending ^^)... And seems like I won't buy it.

What is following are spoilers so please be aware.

So, to my surprise, a lot of people survived till the end, I don't know if they still have short life span, but we have an ellipse and see them older.
What I just don't understand is whhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyy Rikosu ends up marrying some random side character like Chau and not Chakuro ????

Basically Chakuro just go on a journey with Kikujin (I don't even remember who he is) to write about what he sees...

Anyway looks like I won't have to buy the mangas nor the bluray.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 17, 2023 7:52 PM

Dec 2013
Its really interesting that this has no reviews. 
Like usually when i see no reviews theres also almost no discussions but this has a few
I shall destroy and hate mankind
May 17, 2023 11:52 PM

Jun 2011
jyagan0 said:
Its really interesting that this has no reviews. 
Like usually when i see no reviews theres also almost no discussions but this has a few
Is that so ? Well personnnally I never read reviews, I came here because I liked the anime ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 9:09 PM

Jun 2016
I like the series too be honest but Rikosu end up marrying with Ro instead of Chakuro make zero sense considering all the ship tease and stuffs in the series. Other than that It was great.

Well it settle it my most favourite characters in this series is Shuan and Ginshu
DemonDarknightMar 20, 9:15 PM

Mar 25, 2:02 PM
May 2015
I liked the final volume and the final chapter. If I could summarize it, it'd be "what it means to be human-fighting for that small glimmer of hope no matter how bleak life seems" which I believe applies to both the mud whale and the antagonists. For a series that started off so violently, I'm surprised everything ended so positively, but given my own interpretation of the series, it checks out.

For the "Where Are They Now" part of the chapter:
Was genuinely surprised to see Lykos end up with one of Chakuro's friends rather than himself. Reminds me of Bleach where lots of people expected Ichigo and Rukia to end up together but they marry different people. I'm assuming Chakuro's friend Ro fell in love with Lykos over time post Mudwhale, as I had no inkling he had feelings for her during the entire story. Her reciprocating was a surprise, too. If Chakuro wasn't traveling, would they have ended up together? Who knows. While surprising, I don't mind, and am actually glad they didn't end up together. It shows men and women can be friends without it turning romantic. (Still, a little hint here or there during the story wouldn't have been bad either)

Speaking of, Ouni and that female mole who had a crush on him since they were little kids didn't end up together either. She had feelings for him the entire time but not once did I think he reciprocated the entire time, so I'm not surprised. Hopefully at this point she has moved on as she doesn't seem to be traveling with Ouni, Suou, Shuan Lykos, Ro, and their daughter on Suou's ship.

The "Ouni and Suou developed a deep long friendship" was kinda funny to me, though. If this series was more popular, they'd be hit with the "they're secretly gay/historians would say they're best friends" haha. I do think their friendship is sweet, though. They came a long way and Suou stubbornly believed in him for a long time. I'm glad Ouni's able to be genuinely happy and find happiness amongst other people(mainly Suou), even after Nibi, his best friend, died. He's the character I was rooting for a happy ending the longest.

Kikujin was a character who appeared a bit frequently throughout the series. He's the son of that man who had feelings for Tasha, the unmarked governor before Suou. Chakuro traveling with him was kinda random, but Chakuro traveling places wasnt surprising to me. It feels fitting for someone like him who wants to record everything ever. I'm also not surprised he didn't have children. I think he liked Sami, but after his death I never saw him have feelings towards anybody else.

All in all, a nice end to a very long series. Kinda sad to see it go. I wish the anime continued so it could've been more popular.
Mar 26, 12:20 AM

Jun 2011
Reply to YoseiEgg
I liked the final volume and the final chapter. If I could summarize it, it'd be "what it means to be human-fighting for that small glimmer of hope no matter how bleak life seems" which I believe applies to both the mud whale and the antagonists. For a series that started off so violently, I'm surprised everything ended so positively, but given my own interpretation of the series, it checks out.

For the "Where Are They Now" part of the chapter:
Was genuinely surprised to see Lykos end up with one of Chakuro's friends rather than himself. Reminds me of Bleach where lots of people expected Ichigo and Rukia to end up together but they marry different people. I'm assuming Chakuro's friend Ro fell in love with Lykos over time post Mudwhale, as I had no inkling he had feelings for her during the entire story. Her reciprocating was a surprise, too. If Chakuro wasn't traveling, would they have ended up together? Who knows. While surprising, I don't mind, and am actually glad they didn't end up together. It shows men and women can be friends without it turning romantic. (Still, a little hint here or there during the story wouldn't have been bad either)

Speaking of, Ouni and that female mole who had a crush on him since they were little kids didn't end up together either. She had feelings for him the entire time but not once did I think he reciprocated the entire time, so I'm not surprised. Hopefully at this point she has moved on as she doesn't seem to be traveling with Ouni, Suou, Shuan Lykos, Ro, and their daughter on Suou's ship.

The "Ouni and Suou developed a deep long friendship" was kinda funny to me, though. If this series was more popular, they'd be hit with the "they're secretly gay/historians would say they're best friends" haha. I do think their friendship is sweet, though. They came a long way and Suou stubbornly believed in him for a long time. I'm glad Ouni's able to be genuinely happy and find happiness amongst other people(mainly Suou), even after Nibi, his best friend, died. He's the character I was rooting for a happy ending the longest.

Kikujin was a character who appeared a bit frequently throughout the series. He's the son of that man who had feelings for Tasha, the unmarked governor before Suou. Chakuro traveling with him was kinda random, but Chakuro traveling places wasnt surprising to me. It feels fitting for someone like him who wants to record everything ever. I'm also not surprised he didn't have children. I think he liked Sami, but after his death I never saw him have feelings towards anybody else.

All in all, a nice end to a very long series. Kinda sad to see it go. I wish the anime continued so it could've been more popular.
@YoseiEgg Thanks for your feedback
For Bleach its quite different, because there has been hints (mainly on Inoue side) throughout the story.
But for Kujira it looked too sudden to easily accept.
Mar 26, 2:11 AM
May 2015
Reply to Seiya0890
@YoseiEgg Thanks for your feedback
For Bleach its quite different, because there has been hints (mainly on Inoue side) throughout the story.
But for Kujira it looked too sudden to easily accept.
@Seiya0890

Ah I didn't watch Bleach, just saw the shock up and down my social media. But yes, very sudden. 3 panels only sudden lol. I think she may have been better off alone like the main boys (ouni, suou, Chakuro) than put her in a romantic relationship.
Mar 26, 1:34 PM

Jun 2011
Reply to YoseiEgg
@Seiya0890

Ah I didn't watch Bleach, just saw the shock up and down my social media. But yes, very sudden. 3 panels only sudden lol. I think she may have been better off alone like the main boys (ouni, suou, Chakuro) than put her in a romantic relationship.
@YoseiEgg yeah I agree lol

More topics from this board

» How many chapters is this manga?

Deanomac2010 - Jan 31

0 by Deanomac2010 »»
Jan 31, 12:40 PM

» Am I the only one who felt this was marketed in the wrong genre.

Neostorm-X - Jul 7, 2021

3 by lebannen_ »»
Jun 10, 2023 2:15 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2015

3 by TimeFliesAway »»
May 7, 2023 12:20 PM

» Should I drop it?

number_66 - Jan 29, 2023

1 by ColinCrane »»
Feb 16, 2023 11:50 AM

» ongoing?

Ivanh0571 - Nov 14, 2021

6 by ColinCrane »»
Dec 6, 2022 2:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.