3It was OK
10.0%
2Disliked it
4.0%
1Hated it
2.0%
Average 4.3
50 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2020 1:33 PM

Nov 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We finally get to see the past of MC and Zen/Victor and damn the Black Swan really are cruel. There's more pieces now added to the puzzle, can't wait to see what the whole picture looks like. MC's powers getting more and more stronger and whoa those black holes were so awesome Zen!

Next episode is about Haku/Gavin in a burning room, I'm pretty sure that 404 means something tho...
Aug 26, 2020 1:42 PM
Aug 2020
I am so sad because I didn't wanna like Victor but I'm absolutely about him. I am wondering how he and Lucien know eachother and if he's aware of Lucien's affiliation with BS. Also I love Gavin so much and I can't wait for next episode I think we'll learn more about BS as an organization and their link with the guys and the guys link to eachother
Aug 26, 2020 1:45 PM
Jul 2020
Ooo this was a good episode, victor is so sweet :) I’m really intrigued and am probably going to play the game now! The art style still amazes me it’s so beautiful.
Aug 26, 2020 4:42 PM
Sep 2015
I can forgive this episode that doesn't have Gavin senpai because the preview indicate the next episode will solely feature him!
Aug 26, 2020 4:48 PM

Jul 2020
As a fan of the game..... this episode was pretty terrible lol
Aug 26, 2020 4:53 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Yo that animation when they were running away y i k e s.
Aug 26, 2020 6:27 PM

Jul 2012
I started playing the game a few days ago and I'm enjoying this anime way more now that I'm digging through the story and the characters (the game is kind of addictive, ngl lol)

I just LOVE Victor since the very beginning, I knew he was the kind of guy who would roast you from head to toe but at the same time he would protect you, take care of you and even spoon-feed you lol

I feel like there's something fishy about Lucien, though. That scene between him and Victor... I don't know what to think.
Aug 26, 2020 7:42 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
More of the girl past memories revelations. Now its about the CEO guy screen time to showed off his skill to protect the girl. The plot twist of trap, tho, somehow surprised me. Its simple, actually, idk how easily they got trapped on that situations. Idk why the girl was not die with that missile kind like of power. But Zen, or Huarui, or whatever the hell his name, power was so great. How funny their past and present had a same event for the most of the scenes. Especially with how he saved the girls. The fate must be really liked their relations to be established so well, eh? 17 years protected girl was not an easy job. Oh, well, lets move to another sequences. Police guy again. He seems to had a trouble. And the girl obviously try to saved him out of his misery.

If only the girls acted more natural and less dumb. I don't even like the rivalry between the professor guy and that CEO in the end. How could they did that with the current situations? How long the profesor kept his secret to the girls? A fine episode at my below satisfaction. At least the progression of the storyline somehow felt okay, even if its process more slow than some of previous episode.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 27, 2020 2:01 AM
Oct 2017
!GAME SPOILERS AHEAD!
sorry but i’ll refer to character’s by their english names so i won’t get lost in what i’m trying to say (for clarification Lucien- Simon, Zen- Victor)

okay so as a player of the actual game I’m hella disappointed in how rushed this episode was. They skipped many very important scenes which should later fill the plot holes but ig that’s not happening here.

•MC should be hit by Shaw’s (idk what’s his jp name) lightning not some random guy’s evol
• The Lucien- Victor encounter was cut to like 3 sentences whilst it should touch the events of the 1809 along with Shrodinger’s cat and Pandora Box theory (THIS IS SO IMPORTANT LIKE- )
• Half of chapter 11 which is after MC is discharged from the hospital was skipped (?)

Everything is so plain and shallow without any depth witch is a shame because the game is an expert when it comes to angst and portraying emotions. The characters lack any relationship development which at this point in the plot makes half their actions kinda weird and illogical ?
As in every episode there was no soundtrack that would get my attention and The animation itself was just as the episode RUSHED.

Let’s find some positives tho... MY MANS ARE MOVING
Ekhm but seriously, we got robbed from half a chapter 11 but the other half that we’ve seen wasn’t that bad (apart from that unfortunate Lucien/Victor meeting)I also appreciate small Victor and MC scenes. The animation was a bit rushed but I didn’t pay attention to that during my first watch. Last but not least ENDING IMAGES. 10/10 Victor with his cat Pudding stole my heart and the night scenery Victor- no complains. Sadly these are all positive aspects of this episode I found.

l I’m sorry if I’m being too critical but that’s how I am and that’s how much I value this game’s deep and complicated plot and characters. Maybe I expected too much, maybe I had too many high hopes... we’ll see how it goes till the end (tho if they want to squeeze in 18 chapters then [*]) I’ll be glad to find people who enjoy this anime and hopefully they’ll give the game a try or at least look up for the plot because it’s definitely worth it. I’ll end my rant here. Cu next week (maybe)
Aug 27, 2020 4:02 AM

Jul 2013
Lucien4ever said:
As a fan of the game..... this episode was pretty terrible lol

Ikr? Lucien and Victor's conversation was one of the most epic scenes in the game (damn was the game OST epic...) and here it lasted for three seconds and there was no Victor's monologue about Lucien's aura beeing intimidating and wondering just how strong is his evol.

MC getting her memories back was treated the same as the scene under the camphor tree; completely rushed and with little to no emotional impact, which is a shock when you compare them to the game.

Well, if anything, we now know that with this pace they will definitely go up to chapter 18 which is exciting in it's own way, but the unfortunate thing is that this anime is becoming more and more a treat for game players than an anime worth watching as an anime fan.
Still can't wait for chapter 13 to get adapted in an episode or two. Hopefully MC will show emotions for longer than 3 seconds lol

Edit: If anybody wants to drop a look at how Lucien and Victor's meeting was done in the game (or if game players want to refresh their memory) here it is: https://youtu.be/TgetwBcy55Q?t=1206
Shimai_niAug 27, 2020 4:41 AM
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Aug 27, 2020 4:06 AM

Jul 2017
The main female lead with Zen/Victor and their history together (which felt the standard "same same but different" to Simon/Lucien's one last episode)...oh well, character backstory for now before the main plot.

She got her business deal of a proposition, and Zen's deal of his gain, but a plot twist of a trap from Black Swan EVOLvers. Her EVOL premonition again works as a backstory of memories, but I'd feel that that's the only thing connecting both her and Zen, and nothing else (well, aside from character geninuity and the fact that they were both from the same experimental institution).

If anything, this episode's the standard for otome game adaptations, nothing to really cry home about.

Next episode: the history of her and Haku/Gavin. Hopefully after next episode we can get back to the main plot?
KANLen09Aug 27, 2020 4:14 AM
Aug 27, 2020 4:06 AM

Jul 2020
HikariShoumeiron said:
I started playing the game a few days ago and I'm enjoying this anime way more now that I'm digging through the story and the characters (the game is kind of addictive, ngl lol)

I just LOVE Victor since the very beginning, I knew he was the kind of guy who would roast you from head to toe but at the same time he would protect you, take care of you and even spoon-feed you lol

I feel like there's something fishy about Lucien, though. That scene between him and Victor... I don't know what to think.

Thank you for giving the game a chance! It's my favourite game of ALL TIME and the lore is phenomenal not to mention the main cast is too damn well-written and memorable. In this episode, both chapters 10 AND 11 were adapted and they were extremely rushed and some of the anime-original scenes made me cringe a bit (the guys shooting fireballs was SO CORNY). The emotional impact was just non-existent in this episode; they cut out so much content and simplified the events of chapters 10-11 to the point it just looks silly.

I did appreciate the flashback scenes with little Victor and MC. Yeah if you go on youtube and watch the chapter expansion PV trailers, you can see that the story is very ambitious with its world setting
Aug 27, 2020 5:19 AM

Jul 2020
KANLen09 said:
The main female lead with Zen/Victor and their history together (which felt the standard "same same but different" to Simon/Lucien's one last episode)...oh well, character backstory for now before the main plot.

She got her business deal of a proposition, and Zen's deal of his gain, but a plot twist of a trap from Black Swan EVOLvers. Her EVOL premonition again works as a backstory of memories, but I'd feel that that's the only thing connecting both her and Zen, and nothing else (well, aside from character geninuity).

If anything, this episode's the standard for otome game adaptations, nothing to really cry home about.

The story in the game is really great it’s just that the anime cut out a lot of content. Like this is just SOME of the stuff that was cut out in episodes 4 and 7. Mr. Love is SO MUCH MORE than just a “reverse harem, silly otome game."

In episode 4 (or chapter 8 in the game), Black Swan (B.S) reveals to MC that they come from the future in order to ensure the evolution of mankind. At this point, the audience doesn’t know if it’s because humans have not evolved enough and caused catastrophic changes so B.S came to this time and space to seek changes.

In the game, MC meets grandpa Chuck and the audience gets introduced to the concept of the Black Cabin. The Black Cabin is actually an independent space channel. it mirrors reality but is independent of reality not to mention time is also disordered there; this opens up the interpretations of multiple world timelines.

The confrontation between Lucien and Victor in the game plays out differently. Lucien introduces Schrödinger’s cat experiment where basically a researcher doesn’t know whether a cat inside a box is dead or alive due to radiation until he/she opens the box; i.e. the cat exists in both states.

Furthermore, Lucien talks about the 'White House explosion in 1908’ where it was a true event but that case was erased from the box from which they belong to (the current timeline) as if it had not existed from the beginning (witnesses disappeared and the explosion event was literally erased from the world). An observer who exists outside the box (outside of the current timeline) opened it, and everyone inside the box can’t determine the events and fate that will take place in their world.

The story is amazing and has so many big brain writing but it's really too bad the anime has to simplify the plot.
Lucien4everAug 27, 2020 5:22 AM
Aug 27, 2020 6:27 AM

Jul 2012
Lucien4ever said:
HikariShoumeiron said:

Thank you for giving the game a chance! It's my favourite game of ALL TIME and the lore is phenomenal not to mention the main cast is too damn well-written and memorable. In this episode, both chapters 10 AND 11 were adapted and they were extremely rushed and some of the anime-original scenes made me cringe a bit (the guys shooting fireballs was SO CORNY). The emotional impact was just non-existent in this episode; they cut out so much content and simplified the events of chapters 10-11 to the point it just looks silly.

I did appreciate the flashback scenes with little Victor and MC. Yeah if you go on youtube and watch the chapter expansion PV trailers, you can see that the story is very ambitious with its world setting

The game is really awesome and fun to play! And I know what you mean about the anime being rushed because I'm still at the very first chapters and I already feel the same. I wasn't enjoying the anime that much tbh but with the game I was able to appreciate the story a whole lot more and because it's done in a more organic way.
I don't understand why the production went just for 12 episodes, when the game has 24 plus maaany side stories.
Aug 27, 2020 7:53 AM

Jun 2020
....... the animation this episode.....i'm speechless, it got worse.

what was with the time jump X3 while she was in the hospital tho lmao..... and their encounter was really....flat... there was hardly any tension even tho the dialogue proved otherwise

anyway i liked zen a little more in this episode. i also started to play the game coz clearly this anime really isn't doing it for me. but i am looking forward to the next episode, more haku is always good x)

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 27, 2020 12:11 PM

Mar 2017
This episode felt incredibly rushed and the interactions between the characters felt really disjointed. It was awesome to get some background info about Victor & MC's shared past though... little Victor was so adorable!!!

I'm guessing that MC's Evol has changed a bit cause not only can she see the future but she seems to be able to influence the Evols of the people around her. I'm guessing that particular ability is what Black Swan are after
Aug 27, 2020 1:23 PM

Mar 2018
Lucien4ever said:
(the guys shooting fireballs was SO CORNY).

I might be remembering wrong, but in the game, wasn't she hit by some lightning attack? Not...whatever those fireball things were? (And yeah I agree, it was super corny lol. Not to mention that there was literally no visible damage done to MC. There WAS a bit of blood in the game if I remember correctly)
"Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your poker face."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style. But a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows our footsteps."

Aug 27, 2020 5:03 PM

Jul 2017
Lucien4ever said:
KANLen09 said:

She got her business deal of a proposition, and Zen's deal of his gain, but a plot twist of a trap from Black Swan EVOLvers. Her EVOL premonition again works as a backstory of memories, but I'd feel that that's the only thing connecting both her and Zen, and nothing else (well, aside from character geninuity).

The story in the game is really great it’s just that the anime cut out a lot of content. Like this is just SOME of the stuff that was cut out in episodes 4 and 7. Mr. Love is SO MUCH MORE than just a “reverse harem, silly otome game."

In episode 4 (or chapter 8 in the game), Black Swan (B.S) reveals to MC that they come from the future in order to ensure the evolution of mankind. At this point, the audience doesn’t know if it’s because humans have not evolved enough and caused catastrophic changes so B.S came to this time and space to seek changes.

In the game, MC meets grandpa Chuck and the audience gets introduced to the concept of the Black Cabin. The Black Cabin is actually an independent space channel. it mirrors reality but is independent of reality not to mention time is also disordered there; this opens up the interpretations of multiple world timelines.

The confrontation between Lucien and Victor in the game plays out differently. Lucien introduces Schrödinger’s cat experiment where basically a researcher doesn’t know whether a cat inside a box is dead or alive due to radiation until he/she opens the box; i.e. the cat exists in both states.

Furthermore, Lucien talks about the 'White House explosion in 1908’ where it was a true event but that case was erased from the box from which they belong to (the current timeline) as if it had not existed from the beginning (witnesses disappeared and the explosion event was literally erased from the world). An observer who exists outside the box (outside of the current timeline) opened it, and everyone inside the box can’t determine the events and fate that will take place in their world.

The story is amazing and has so many big brain writing but it's really too bad the anime has to simplify the plot.
Thanks for the clarification since I have no ambitions to play the game.

Well, big-brain games with sub-par adaptations are the norm for games.
Aug 27, 2020 10:22 PM

Jun 2013
Victor is not Mr Right! He denied my girl her fried chicken!

Anyway, I'm glad she's okay. Well, she's the MC after all. She was so adorable punching her pillow.
臭い-
Aug 28, 2020 7:49 AM

Dec 2014
Victor is too protective..btw anyone played the mobile game before of this...hmmm
Aug 28, 2020 10:50 AM
Aug 2020
Beware of some spoilers

As the MLDD player (Koi to Producer game in SEA server) and knows the game stories up to the latest chapter in CN server, I'm hella disappointed with this anime... Was excited when they announced there'll be the anime ver and did forgave some changes in the beginning of the anime (WHERE'S THE FLIRTY SIDE OF LUCIEN/SIMON!?!)... It was okay at first but then they rushed everything after eps 4 (Shaw's appearance, Ares, cut most chapter 10 and other chapters, and more) and i really don't like the way they cut great parts from the game... It clearly shows that they want to be at chapter 18 of the game (Spoiler : or maybe 14? But next eps will be ch 12 if they don't cut it like eps 7, well they already showed Dark MC in the opening).. the game itself already has great story they can just make the anime until chapter 14 of the game and maybe, maybe season 2 and take the story from ch 15 to 24 (maybe season 3 for ch 25 and so on but i don't think so because the game itself still continue in CN server, and cwiiw the latest chapter in MLQC other than SEA Server and CN is 24?).. I feel emotional when i play the game because of the story (yes i did cried and felt heartbroken and smiled like an idiot and other feelings) and yet i don't really feel it in the anime.. and then this episode, really i hate it.. i love Victor/Zen and Lucien/Simon in the game but the anime ruined it in 2 episodes..

Oh well i'll keep watching it to support the game (that's how they get money right? At least one of many ways.. *looking at FGO*) and hope for more people to play the game because it's really great and it's not a typical otome game..
Aug 28, 2020 6:54 PM

Jul 2020
ibraheem234 said:
Victor is too protective..btw anyone played the mobile game before of this...hmmm

This game is hella amazing and like even if you are straight guy, it's worth playing for the story alone. It's not a grindy battle system/RPGs like with other mobile games. Think of it as a visual novel with a story that goes above and beyond with extremely memorable and well-written characters. And it's very F2P friendly because you can access hours of fully-voiced chapters, hear the beautiful OSTs and illustrations, etc.

The anime adaptation due to the constraints of being of 12 episodes long really had to simplify the plot, remove characters, etc. so it will never be good as the game.
Aug 30, 2020 10:41 AM

Apr 2018
I always thought that Victor was a hard ass but after seeing this episode was kinda cute. We get to know more about the MC and Victor's past with each other. It was kinda awkward seeing Lucien and Victor walk by each other. I wonder where Gavin is cause he's best boy.
Aug 30, 2020 3:28 PM

Apr 2015
I have to say that this was a poor adaptation. They rushed a lot of things.

I don't know why, but I always have the feeling that they made Victor's tsundere style a little softer. Every time I play it looks like he is ruder than what they're showing in the anime hahahahah

The best part of this chapter was the encounter between Victor and Lucien and unfortunately, this scene lasted like 10 seconds. Let's hope they can adapt the next episode properly because there is a lot of useful information about evolvers and superpowers.

And the animation of this episode was pretty bad. It doesn't look like they are putting a lot of effort into this project.
sun123Aug 30, 2020 3:31 PM
Aug 31, 2020 8:31 PM

Mar 2018
When a two second clip from the trailer for the anime has better animation and emotion than the episode.

Anime Trailer:

Anime:

(Like seriously, what happened? The trailers had such good animation. Why did they need to change it? Did they just rush to promote it? If that's the case, then what we got in the anime should've been in the trailer, not the other way around.)

I'm trying not to let the flaws deter from my enjoyment of the show (as I am an avid fan of the game), but this episode was REALLY bad. I've made exceptions for previous episodes (especially with the pacing, I think for the anime as a whole it's kinda bad, but not the worst pacing I've ever seen), but this episode really hurt to watch. A lot of emotions and tension cut (especially when MC gets injured and when Lucien and Victor confront each other), bad animation, etc.

Like, there were a few good shots of animation in this episode (and the flashback with MC and Victor was absolutely adorable), but that's about it. That's really all I liked lol. (Also, let's just point out that they're making her run right into the upcoming Gavin scenes THE DAY she gets out of the hospital, xd)

Again, I've been trying to give this anime the benefit of the doubt for the sake of enjoying it. Usually I'm not that critical of anime, unless if the flaws really stand out. But now I'm kind of scared for the rest of the anime.

Game players, based on how the pacing is going so far, I think it's safe to predict they're going to go through chapter 14 or 15. We just need to pray that they don't rush or ruin THOSE scenes.
Dazel1412Aug 31, 2020 8:44 PM
"Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your poker face."

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style. But a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows our footsteps."

Sep 6, 2020 10:35 AM

Mar 2015
Zen solidified his position as best boy for me with this episode.

Also dude has the coolest powers. Really hope we get to see more of his black hole power.
Jan 8, 2021 7:10 AM

Jul 2015
Victor had quite the beardgrow over the course of one week time. For waiting 17 years thinking about the mc girl, Victor sure roasts her quite often for being dumb lol.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 30, 2020

43 by Bbluebabies »»
Sep 29, 2023 10:45 AM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2020

91 by NaekoGetsu »»
Jun 24, 2023 12:02 AM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 22, 2020

46 by Animecoregirl13 »»
Aug 10, 2022 3:21 PM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 29, 2020

45 by MacchiaStella »»
Oct 18, 2021 9:55 AM

» Why underrated

Rei_Kuroi - Aug 26, 2021

6 by Kunii »»
Aug 26, 2021 12:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.