3It was OK
0.0%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.6
15 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2020 4:15 PM

Jul 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Volume 1 thoughts

I quite like this. I'm a big fan of childhood friends trope and this one does it well so far. The only thing that's a bit depressing is the black haired guy has a terrible mother and childhood and also, he doesn't really reciprocate his feelings for the blonde guy yet. I think this will be a slow burn which I am looking forward to!
Apr 8, 2020 1:47 PM
Feb 2017
I think it's understandable Tamaki's reactions towards Shii's feelings.
All his emotional baggage is damaged, since he had no reference as a kid plus all the trauma during his early age.
There's a lot to discuss about his dynamic with his mother.

and in chapter 6 he acknowledges his repulse to sex because of the past, I can't wait to see what will happen next.
Apr 19, 2020 9:15 PM
Dec 2017
Honestly, I'm in love. I want them to be together but I can see why Tamaki reacted the way he did. The fact that he grew up in that kind of environment really is sad. But I feel so bad for both of them though. It's hard being a teen sometimes... No, it's hard growing up in general, especially when you have feelings you don't really understand. Because of that, I can relate to both of them on a personal level. Well, I relate to Shunta a little more. Still, there aren't many characters that I've felt a personal connection to. I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
Sakurai_AoiApr 19, 2020 9:21 PM
Sep 1, 2020 5:04 PM

Dec 2011
I hope they don't brush off Tamaki's trauma so easily. His living situation (the trash), his mom's neglectful behavior toward him (the lover molesting him in front of her wtf, not teaching him basic care like hygiene), her "expectations"/rules drilled into him aren't something that magically gets undone just because someone he cares about is caring for him now.

Shii is being slightly pushy but nothing that's too upsetting. I hope they take it slow and healthy and not do anything forceful. They might not even address the trauma together at all.

With that being said, he's not showing signs of trauma in other areas outside of repressed sexuality. So I'm not expecting anything realistic here. His personality and attachments/social life all seem fine thus far.
Aug 15, 2021 9:43 PM

Jul 2016
i haven't read many manga that addresses these topics well, i was kinda impressed by how realistic it was. i also hold high regards for the slow pace. actually, how does the mangaka know how to write this? when a character has repressed sexuality or trauma, it's usually not treated seriously or taken advantage of for the sake of lust and ends up giving me a feeling of disgust. sometimes i can tell, that the repressed sexuality is just another tag for the readers to enjoy. fk that. i related to tamaki greatly. people suggesting whether or not you're asexual, being told that you're too innocent, treating sexual endeavors as below you, being often aloof or rejecting during conversations around it, not being sure if you'd even want to be with a girl or a boy, even though society expects you to lead a certain life and have a traditional family eventually. i must be worse than tamaki, i dislike physical touch and my friends know not to display acts of affection that would cross this. it's still the same. so, i am very confused on how the mangaka understands people like us. have they went through the same thing and are projecting onto the character? or had they simply thought about it and wrote the story in such a genuine finesse. they are even able to create a realistic character in shii. who i half hate. it's interesting now that i think about it... one wants to express, the other is afraid of expressing because of his horrible childhood. he did not even know that you should brush your teeth and take a bath every single day. yet, he lied and said that 'it's the same for me' with a smile on his face. it's weird that i'm relating to even his memories.
Jun 23, 2023 2:01 AM

Feb 2014
I enjoyed the larger part of volume one, especially before they went to college. Im not sure how I feel about this 1-year-relationship agreement. Shii's love just feels unreqited at this point, and it's just sad how he's still trying...
And Tamaki settles on enduring it, which is likewise horrible.
L had a poster of Norman in his room
Sep 4, 2023 10:51 AM
Apr 2019
Gosh. I picked up this manga without any expectations and it turned out to be a really positive surprise, I found myself heavily relating to Tamaki and the way the topic of repressed sexuality here is so well written.

But in the end I find that the relationship Shii and Tamaki have so far leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, as in, they hold each other so dear but both of them are very unsatisfied (Shii's desires remaining unfulfilled; Tamaki feeling like he has to 'endure' all of it).

I hope they will take it slow and not grow to hate(?) each other

More topics from this board

» Usagi no Mori Drama CD PV

IridescentJaune - Aug 29, 2022

0 by IridescentJaune »»
Aug 29, 2022 4:17 AM

» Usagi no Mori PV

IridescentJaune - Aug 29, 2022

0 by IridescentJaune »»
Aug 29, 2022 4:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.