3It was OK
12.3%
2Disliked it
2.5%
1Hated it
1.2%
Average 4.4
81 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 16, 2018 6:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, so these girls got some upgrades to their fighting equipment. Doesn't look too flashy but it seems durable.

It's also about time Yume began to struggle in this series too. We also got to see some of her past.
Stark700Mar 16, 2018 7:08 AM
Mar 16, 2018 7:46 AM

Dec 2016
That was quite the start, Yume appearing straight away and challenging Kanami.

I did want to see those finish that fight started but those Elen & Kaoru do have a reason to butt in.

Wow now we have Yomi who's back in action.

And there are the last 2 elite guards, time to finish what those 4 started a while back.

Oh no it's that Yukina woman, I hate her guts, what a despicable woman she is, very happy that Mai & Sayaka are standing up to her, hopefully they can save Yomi in the process.

She is full of herself but I do like how Yume doesn't want to use the aradama power, and she did win in the end but at what looks like the cost of her life, sad backstory, she was sick for such a long time and endured it as long as she could.

Great stuff by Kanami & Hiyori, that was incredibly tough even with the armor, now it's time to face off against Yukari herself, can't wait for the next episode.
Mar 16, 2018 8:01 AM

Apr 2016
Pls don't, she's my favor character :(
Mar 16, 2018 8:39 AM

May 2017
I hope Yume doesn't die, I still wanna see her fight Kanami. Fuck Hiyori, she's so boring, I hope she dies and her generic revenge plot
Mar 16, 2018 8:52 AM

Jan 2012
A pure fighting episode, which means we got to see so much of those ugly cgi character models on display. I got kinda annoyed at how hard they tried to make us care about pink-haired crazy girl's apparent death. The character hadn't been built up nearly enough for anyone to really give a shit about her, outside just the generic sad backstory generalities. That aside our two primary heroines are facing the final boss....with 13 episodes left. They aren't on Namek where a single fight actually could last that long so god only knows how this story is gonna go from here. XD
Mar 16, 2018 8:57 AM

Jul 2017
The girls finally fight back with their new upgraded equipment, and IMMEDIATELY are surrounded with the Elite Guard.

Good, knowing who's to face, especially with Yume, facing off with Kanami (then Kaori and Ellen) who's tragic past outlines her frail and sick body whilst eating from the source that is the noro built in her body to barely survive the ordeal, but her strength proved too much and passes out from there.

Yukina STILL is foolish in building the strength of Yomi against Sayaka and Mai...hopefully Yomi can wake up to her senses.

And finally, to the centre of the shrine, where a face-off between Kanami & Hiyori vs. the fulfilled Origami Yukari...next week.

Still very salty about the use of CGI in action though it's sorely needed...oh well.
Mar 16, 2018 8:57 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Quite the intense episode. Some really intense and impressive fights this episode against the elite guard. The confrontation between Sayaka and her former master was interesting though. Still despite the odds it was nice to see the girls turn the tide though. The insight into Yume's childhood though was nice though. So she was a sword prodigy that was also cursed by a weak body. It was sad seeing the fact that her parents had just left her though. To think that was choice that Yume had die in obscurity or become a half aradama. While an enemy Yume like the rest of the guard was only a villain by circumstance. I really hope that she somehow survives though. Next week is the showdown with Yukari huh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2018 9:26 AM

Jun 2015
The Elite Guard are after the girls right from the start. Yume needs to die already, she's annoying. Got to see a bit of her backstory, but I don't care. Kanami and Hiyori vs. Yukari next week is going to be interesting.
Mar 16, 2018 9:35 AM

Apr 2010
Seems like Yume's life wasn't such a yume (Dream).
It went well at the start but it seems her disease took it's toll which is sad to see.
Anyway the others seem to be having a hard time as well and the real fight is just starting.
Things will be hard from now on.
Mar 16, 2018 10:48 AM

Nov 2016
This just keeps getting better and better, and there are still a lot of episodes left.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2018 11:41 AM

Sep 2013
Yume better be brought back :'(
The fight with kanami and ellen/kaoru were amazing too.
Mar 16, 2018 11:42 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Wow Yume.

That backstory, her being so overjoyed and the fact that she doesn't want to use aradama power. Only took one episode to make her my favourite character, that got me. DONT BE DEAD!
Mar 16, 2018 12:53 PM

Sep 2015
That armor/suite seems ugly at first, but the movements get really cool.
30 minutes to save the world is not much! I dont think they will made it, we gonna need another source of "power".

We got a little of Yume backstory. Seems really sad, but more information is needed. Hope she changes side and join the girls in the future! We still have a lot episodes, everything is possible.
Mar 16, 2018 3:37 PM

Jan 2017
Yume is my Favorite elite guard Member She isn t use Aradama Like the other puppets But she is still the Strongest I hope She İsn t dead
Mar 16, 2018 3:47 PM

Jun 2017
I really hated Yume at the beginning but she didn't have a choice regarding sides I guess, it was either die or work for a demon and live some more. I wonder if they really had the guts to kill her off, too bad she barely got any development so it didn't really have any impact at all.
Mar 16, 2018 4:02 PM

Aug 2015
So what's the deal with Yume? Tose flashvakcs don't really paint the picture too well. I wish someone would of beat her instead of the disease she's had most of her young life. And where is her family?
So many boobs in fairy tail, it's crazy.
Mar 16, 2018 4:13 PM

Dec 2015
I kinda like the CGI. It's bad, but fun to look at.
I hope Yume doesn't die. She has an interesting character that just needs more screentime and development.
Damn the OST is actually good.
Also is this show really 24 episodes long, because it feels like it's going to end really soon?

Mar 16, 2018 4:29 PM
Jan 2016
Poor Yume, she had a sad past, and i like her, she dont want to use Aradama's power so hope she will change side and hope she survive!
Mar 16, 2018 5:29 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Man the best character can't just die like that...pls....;-;
Mar 16, 2018 6:13 PM

Jan 2011
Man i was hoping the eite guards would get more development so i didn't want her to die at least yet ,if this really was the end for Yume that'd be one cruel way to kill off a character all alone unable to achieve their dream .

you'd think the craziest fight hungry one would use Aradama's power but out of all of them she denied it.
Mar 16, 2018 6:32 PM
Jun 2017
Nice episode as its just alk about battle scenes.

*well im not so sure if this is really a 24 episode series because its pacing for me it feels it could end already at the 12th episode...

*anyways looking for next weeks episode already...
Mar 16, 2018 7:02 PM
Jul 2018
I was hoping Kanamin would use some of Minato's technique but only slightly. The deflecting doesn't really count. Next episode is gonna get interesting. Why is this a 24 episode series when next episode looks like the finale??
Mar 16, 2018 8:01 PM

Oct 2014
well, at least somebody die (or is she?)
even though sadly it's the best character in the series.
I had only wished that they would fleshed out Yume earlier, instead of relying on flashback right before her final moments.
Mar 16, 2018 8:55 PM
May 2016
Izanagi said:
I was hoping Kanamin would use some of Minato's technique but only slightly. The deflecting doesn't really count. Next episode is gonna get interesting. Why is this a 24 episode series when next episode looks like the finale??

I think they want to do two distinct story arc.
Mar 17, 2018 4:35 AM

Apr 2009
TsundeReaper said:
I hope Yume doesn't die, I still wanna see her fight Kanami. Fuck Hiyori, she's so boring, I hope she dies and her generic revenge plot
lol to be fair i love all of the Toji no Miko ladies here but why u hate Hiyori so much? Well i like her bcoz she's more a little bad-ass than Yumilia of Marchen Madchen
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Mar 17, 2018 4:37 AM

Apr 2009
Limaolc said:
Poor Yume, she had a sad past, and i like her, she dont want to use Aradama's power so hope she will change side and hope she survive!
i hope so too my friend and anyway Toji no Miko is getting instense now unlike Marchen Madchen which got already annoying and bland now

Mar 17, 2018 4:48 AM

Apr 2009
Ace_Card said:
I kinda like the CGI. It's bad, but fun to look at.
I hope Yume doesn't die. She has an interesting character that just needs more screentime and development.
Damn the OST is actually good.
Also is this show really 24 episodes long, because it feels like it's going to end really soon?
well to be fair i like the show so far and it's more intense and better than Marchen Madchen

Mar 17, 2018 5:11 AM

Oct 2007
My favorite line in this episode is from Ellen saying "sorry for taking up your time" XD Well, I think Yume is not exactly a bad person.. she did not kill Ellen and Kaoru because of Nene?

If this is a game... we would be at the " mid boss" fight... the true final boss is at episode 23 and 24. ;)
Mar 17, 2018 5:19 AM

Apr 2009
LukesYGO_WSonYT said:
That was quite the start, Yume appearing straight away and challenging Kanami.

I did want to see those finish that fight started but those Elen & Kaoru do have a reason to butt in.

Wow now we have Yomi who's back in action.

And there are the last 2 elite guards, time to finish what those 4 started a while back.

Oh no it's that Yukina woman, I hate her guts, what a despicable woman she is, very happy that Mai & Sayaka are standing up to her, hopefully they can save Yomi in the process.

She is full of herself but I do like how Yume doesn't want to use the aradama power, and she did win in the end but at what looks like the cost of her life, sad backstory, she was sick for such a long time and endured it as long as she could.

Great stuff by Kanami & Hiyori, that was incredibly tough even with the armor, now it's time to face off against Yukari herself, can't wait for the next episode.
well i do hate that stupid woman also i just wanna grab my M1897 Trench Gun and blow her to bits and any way this show is getting more intense now

Mar 17, 2018 5:24 AM

Apr 2009
ErinaNakiri1 said:
Yume is my Favorite elite guard Member She isn t use Aradama Like the other puppets But she is still the Strongest I hope She İsn t dead
well just hope my friend she will recover from her illness and anyway this anime keeps getting better now

Mar 17, 2018 8:30 AM

Feb 2016
Awesome episode! Eye candy battles. I like Eren and Kaoru team most; they add humor to their fights. Background music is very memorable.

I hope Yume could recover from her illness and I am sure she will be back. One of my favorite characters from 'bad' side. I wish, our good characters and her could make it up.

I enjoy Yukina's shenanigans, she is stubborn and funny, because she isn't aware of what is going on. LOL!
Mar 17, 2018 10:50 AM

Feb 2017
Best episode until now, full of action!

RIP Yume ;_;
Mar 17, 2018 2:02 PM

Dec 2007
Liddo-kun said:
If this is a game... we would be at the " mid boss" fight... the true final boss is at episode 23 and 24. ;)

hard to believe it's 23-24eps long when they're already at the boss.
what will it be after ? radical slow pace ? same fight with same people ? I see the boredom coming..

Mar 17, 2018 3:02 PM

Apr 2009
araneathedragoon said:
Awesome episode! Eye candy battles. I like Eren and Kaoru team most; they add humor to their fights. Background music is very memorable.

I hope Yume could recover from her illness and I am sure she will be back. One of my favorite characters from 'bad' side. I wish, our good characters and her could make it up.

I enjoy Yukina's shenanigans, she is stubborn and funny, because she isn't aware of what is going on. LOL!
well i was just expecting it at first and anyway i had already thinking that this anime is more better than Marchen Madchen

Mar 17, 2018 3:03 PM

Apr 2009
ichbixs said:
Best episode until now, full of action!

RIP Yume ;_;
well she will be still alive i think just pray

Mar 18, 2018 2:50 PM

Nov 2013
wtf, if Yume dies just like that i'll drop this...
also kill that secretary bitch already, she just doesn't learn that treating others like that won't help her cause, Yume betraying her last time isn't enough for her to understand?
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Mar 18, 2018 3:55 PM

Oct 2008
Nice episode! so many clashing of katanas!
Kanami is really strong! she's stronger than a normal elite guard!
poor Yume Tsubakuro, she's already withered-out...is she dead already!?!?
4/5.

Mar 18, 2018 8:03 PM

Apr 2009
winddevil1 said:
also kill that secretary bitch already, she just doesn't learn that treating others like that won't help her cause, Yume betraying her last time isn't enough for her to understand?
well this anime will get more attention than Marchen Madchen

Mar 18, 2018 11:31 PM

Oct 2013
I don't think Yume will die, she just fainted from exhaustion.

My prediction is that, just as Sayaka, Yomi will break free from her programing and kill that damn Yukari worshiper.

But now I'm worried about what the second half will be. If they defeat Yukari and archieve their goal, second half could be a timeskip to give us a whole new enemy.

...or Yukari will curb stomp them,go on a rampage and next 12 episodes will be a plan on how to defeat her and her Aradamas.

well, maybe they could develop the Elite Guards, but, oh well.

It's rare to see a good anime made from a mobage, so far I'm liking it more than Rage of Bahamut.
Mar 19, 2018 12:35 AM
Nov 2010
I hope Yume didn't die. She reminds me of Kenpachi, loves the thrill of the fight. Though in her case, trying to go out in a blaze of glory before she dies. I hope she's ok. =< Seeing her let Nene go was pretty sweet of her. =)
Mar 19, 2018 12:49 AM
Jan 2018
Another action-packed episode. Loved how Yume chose Kanami to fight with and it's intriguing that Yume told Kanami that she is the most powerful out of the 6 girls, even though its Hiyori that appears to be the strongest. I'm looking forward to Kanami fighting with her full strength in the later episodes.

Speaking of Yume, she's the most honorable antagonist in the series, refusing to tap into aradama powers, instead relying on her own strength to fight. She's also the most pitiful character as it appears that fighting since young may have come at a high price, the price of her life even, I dont want her to die yet, because I want to see her complete her fight against Kanami.

And honestly I really hate the Principal of Renpu i wish she can just die. She's a waste of screen time and is completely useless. Hope she dies soon.

Next episode gonna be interesting as always with Kanami and Hiyori finally facing off against Origami Yukari. It's gonna be a tough fight, and i sense that something horrible will happen to either one of them that causes the mission to be called off. We shall see.
Mar 19, 2018 12:52 AM

Apr 2009
Tringapore_98 said:
Another action-packed episode. Loved how Yume chose Kanami to fight with and it's intriguing that Yume told Kanami that she is the most powerful out of the 6 girls, even though its Hiyori that appears to be the strongest. I'm looking forward to Kanami fighting with her full strength in the later episodes.

Speaking of Yume, she's the most honorable antagonist in the series, refusing to tap into aradama powers, instead relying on her own strength to fight. She's also the most pitiful character as it appears that fighting since young may have come at a high price, the price of her life even, I dont want her to die yet, because I want to see her complete her fight against Kanami.

And honestly I really hate the Principal of Renpu i wish she can just die. She's a waste of screen time and is completely useless. Hope she dies soon.

Next episode gonna be interesting as always with Kanami and Hiyori finally facing off against Origami Yukari. It's gonna be a tough fight, and i sense that something horrible will happen to either one of them that causes the mission to be called off. We shall see.
i was also wishing for that annoying Principal to die in the 1st place and btw the Game version of Toji no Miko is out now

Mar 19, 2018 4:47 AM

Nov 2013
Prankster_001 said:
winddevil1 said:

lol other than the super silly fight with the Russian team (which made me laugh quite a bit), i don't think Madchen is that interesting

so far i've been interested in toji, but Yume became my favorite character, so seeing her die like this would make me quite mad...
at least keep her alive, even if she can't fight anymore (which still wouldn't be that fun to watch i guess) lol
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Mar 19, 2018 7:27 AM

Apr 2009
winddevil1 said:
Prankster_001 said:

lol other than the super silly fight with the Russian team (which made me laugh quite a bit), i don't think Madchen is that interesting

so far i've been interested in toji, but Yume became my favorite character, so seeing her die like this would make me quite mad...
at least keep her alive, even if she can't fight anymore (which still wouldn't be that fun to watch i guess) lol
lel to be fair i don't find the jokes made by the Russian ladies in Marchen funny more like totally UNFUNNY and hell no Toji is so far more interesting now to watch in my opinion no matter how the Russians in Marchen make jokes so many times they can't still beat the small reception from Toji

Mar 19, 2018 7:45 AM

Nov 2013
Prankster_001 said:
winddevil1 said:

lel to be fair i don't find the jokes made by the Russian ladies in Marchen funny more like totally UNFUNNY and hell no Toji is so far more interesting now to watch in my opinion no matter how the Russians in Marchen make jokes so many times they can't still beat the small reception from Toji

lol i guess a prankster really has to have an higher standard for jokes, so ofc some silly jokes won't be funny for someone like you ;)
anyway this is going too far from the topic, so i'll stop here :v
Mar 19, 2018 8:00 AM

Apr 2009
winddevil1 said:
Prankster_001 said:

lol i guess a prankster really has to have an higher standard for jokes, so ofc some silly jokes won't be funny for someone like you ;)
anyway this is going too far from the topic, so i'll stop here :v
well end of the road for both of us then :|

Mar 20, 2018 5:46 PM

Dec 2012
Most interesting character is Yume others are meh or super cliche. Nene is also nice but stil lyume is my fav character
Mar 23, 2018 1:09 PM

Nov 2009
The elite guard are absolutely useless, one blow and they are finished? power scaling in this show is honestly a complete fucking mess.
Mar 24, 2018 8:26 AM
May 2016
haydnwright said:
The elite guard are absolutely useless, one blow and they are finished? power scaling in this show is honestly a complete fucking mess.

Power scaling, no no this not Dragon Ball. This is kenjutsu fight, almost all Toji is on the same level of "power", Noro dopping somewhat make them stronger but not to much, except in Yomi's case which she inject herself with 8 noro vial like crazy but she lost her sanity and her skills still the same, and it is unstable as well, the matter is skills. The Elite Guard aside from Yume, pretty much pressure the main girls all the time, those main girls just outwit them in critical moment.
Mar 24, 2018 8:55 AM

Nov 2009
vietthai96 said:
haydnwright said:

Power scaling, no no this not Dragon Ball. This is kenjutsu fight, almost all Toji is on the same level of "power", Noro dopping somewhat make them stronger but not to much, except in Yomi's case which she inject herself with 8 noro vial like crazy but she lost her sanity and her skills still the same, and it is unstable as well, the matter is skills. The Elite Guard aside from Yume, pretty much pressure the main girls all the time, those main girls just outwit them in critical moment.

"this is not Dragon Ball" I stopped reading there.
Kanami is literally a female Goku - Super excited/happy all the time, loves fighting and fighting other styles, gets distracted easily by enjoying the fight too much and diverts from her actual objective (happens in this very episode), NAKAMA moments etc etc etc. I could go on and on but it's not worth it.
This is Dragon Ball/Any battle Shounen ever but with a female coat of paint.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2018

43 by nhkam »»
Jul 13, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

25 by Foreall908 »»
Dec 8, 2023 12:32 PM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - May 11, 2018

27 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 28, 2023 12:16 AM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

17 by IAMQT »»
Oct 21, 2022 12:06 PM

Poll: » Toji no Miko Episode 21 Discussion

Rob - Dec 29, 2018

2 by I-yas-yes »»
Jul 29, 2022 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.