3It was OK
20.0%
2Disliked it
10.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.2
10 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2017 6:18 AM

Oct 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
no discussion for this episode weird
that underground city reminded me of the punisher movie.
Jul 14, 2019 2:33 PM

Aug 2015
I'm tempted to wonder if this is a josei anime in the way the relationship between Roy and Katsumi is handled.

After learning from Roy, she applies that to rescue him and complete the escape after while he's unconscious, a narrative arc that begins with female uncertainty and male tutelage before the positions become more equal. The absence of fanservice when changing clothes, and the tinge of erotic embarrassment it provokes in Katsumi, to me seems like a female sensibility at work.

If Blade Runner "Orientalized" Los Angeles by putting geisha billboards looming over the city like totalitarian icons and having "foreign" people always moving in the background and no one speaking English, then Silent Mobius' Tokyo seems like an "Occidentalized" city with the world's highest murder rate, white gaijin everywhere and a Kowloon Walled City style lawless sector. Yet the assessment of Roy that the down-below world is more alive than the sterile upper city is endorsed by the direction, as the artificial images of plants in the upper city billboards seems to symbolize.

it's a real shame the animation is so damn stiff, an opinion I was hoping would change between when I first saw this and now; I feel contemporary low-budget anime like Bubblegum Crisis 2040 cheated around its limited animation more effectively.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Silent Möbius Episode 26 Discussion

syncrogazer - Mar 12, 2018

7 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 8, 2023 7:54 AM

Poll: » Silent Möbius Episode 15 Discussion

Confucius - Jun 19, 2019

3 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 8, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Silent Möbius Episode 14 Discussion

glassknuckles - Aug 3, 2019

3 by Destroyer31 »»
Mar 8, 2023 3:59 AM

Poll: » Silent Möbius Episode 20 Discussion

Cnon - May 30, 2017

6 by JaniSIr »»
Nov 24, 2022 1:45 PM

Poll: » Silent Möbius Episode 19 Discussion

Confucius - Jul 17, 2019

2 by JaniSIr »»
Nov 24, 2022 4:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.