3It was OK
23.8%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.4
42 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, an episode that focuses more on Aizen and Hotarumaru.

Pretty calm episode with even a kitsune showing up until the attack in the second half. Honestly, I think the action in this series actually works on most occasions. Kitsunes shouldn't be underestimated either.
Dec 4, 2016 9:21 AM

Feb 2016
HOTARUMARU AND AKASHI IM SO BLESSED????
ALSO
KOGI'S STORY???
IM SPEECHLESS I LOVED THIS EPISODE ;;;;;;;;;;;;
Dec 4, 2016 9:32 AM
Feb 2016
When they have the opening monologue I thought the one speaking would be Nagasone which would mean he has arrived at the citadel until I heard the words 'Kogitsune' and I already have expectation that Kogi will play a major role in this episode and not to mention how excited I was when KogiMika are together at the opening scene.

I know from reading some doujinshi that Akashi is a lazy person but seeing him in the animation he really 'is' a lazy person and I feel so sorry for him to have me suspect that he's actually the culprit behind all of the incidents at the first part. But after knowing the truth adding to a lazy person I'd say he's truly caring and he seem to be the type to do kindness secretly.

At the second part my KogiMika feels is everywhere~~ So many scenes and interaction of theirs (≧◡≦) ♡ So nice of the fox to give the team a shelter and fixing the comb of Kogi after having being rescued by Kogi himself. And is that scene of Kogi being all serious is his awakening form? If it is how come his is a bit different from the others who have their awakening? ( ゚,_ゝ`)

On a side note got a bit worried when they didn't show Yagen after that battle of his and when there's shining light I thought the worst of it but actually felt relieve that Yagen is alright and that light is just showing a fox bride on her way in getting married (ノ*゚▽゚*)

Although my wish of KogiMika is 80% fulfilled in this episode I'm still gonna wait for KogiMika singing together for the ending song (although I'm not sure whether this will be fulfilled at all).

And how sly of the animation team to let Nagasone appear right at the end. Gah!! Now I can't wait for the next week's episode even though I just watched this week's (ᗒᗣᗕ)՞
Dec 4, 2016 12:18 PM

Oct 2016
YET ANOTHER REALLY GREAT EPISODE!!

Im pretty much convinced that the animators and writer for hanamaru ship mikazuki and tsurumaru together ( as a mikatsuru shipper i highly approve. ) Tsuru was DEFiNITELY flirting with Mikazuki, haha. but there was some kogimika in there as well, which i found nice.

FINALLY the sanjous interact DIRECTLY. Caught me a little offguard when Imanotsurugi addressed Mikazuki as " Mikazuki-SAMA ". I was both delighted and distressed. Delighted because he respects Mikazuki's high status as a Tenka Goken but distressed because it lacks familiarity despite them being family. Still, Im very happy that the sanjous interacted. I could have cried because I waited so long for this. Really hoping the staff for the game will give them interactions as well.

Kogi's backstory though. And choosing Mikazuki to narrate it. Speaking of his song. While i did enjoy the Rai Clan part of the episode and the Ending theme, Im very disappointed in the fact that it went to them and not the Sanjou school swords or just Kogitsunemaru. Especially since he had the more serious half of the episode and he had a canon historical song that they could have worked off to make it suit Hanamaru. But nah, they wasted the opportunity and gave it to the Rai school. But im glad Kogitsunemaru at least got some recognition. And with Mikazuki, no less.

Very good episode regardless. One of the stronger ones. With only two episodes left after this i doubt the sanjou school will get a full ending together but its fine. Im content with the series now. I could stop watching the show right here and be completely satisfied with it. I already got everything i wanted lol. My rambling ends here.

P.S. Im not a huge fan of Nagasone but it was interesting to see him appear at the end.
MikazukiRanbuDec 4, 2016 12:22 PM
Dec 4, 2016 1:01 PM

Jun 2015
Some of that trouble was done by a tanuki. Akashi was thought to be the one that did it, but all he was doing was taking care of it. He did borrow some stuff though.
Dec 4, 2016 1:05 PM

Jul 2014
woaH, iMaNO wItH linEs? I muST bE dReAMinG !
It was nice to see the Sanjou all sitting together.
Rai clan part was cute <3 I wish Kogi sung tho, since Kondou Takashi has a great voice.
BARASONE AT THE END!!!!!
Dec 4, 2016 1:43 PM

Nov 2015
First action we got to see in decades.

Dec 4, 2016 1:59 PM

Mar 2013
HOTARUMARU AND AKASHI KUNIYUKI!!
Love the Rai clan <3
I love when Akashi is just walking around and the whole honmaru is in trouble...

Sanjou is now complete. Ichi-nii is in world 7 WOW!

WOW! YASSADA SMITH NAGASONE WOW!

Ah didn't know that the ending is Rai.. I want Kogi to sang the next ed.
Dec 4, 2016 4:16 PM

May 2010
So, all the swords in the OP has arrived. I wonder if the next 2 episodes will be Shinsengumi centered.
I love the lineup for this sortie. Kogi, Mika, and Tsuru scenes were beautiful, and Yagen was sexy asf xDDD
Dec 8, 2016 11:32 PM

Oct 2008
It would feel like an honor to be in the same team with Mikazuki Munechika & Ichigo Hitofuri for sure!
The foxes helped them.
4/5.

Feb 26, 2017 5:11 AM
Dec 2009
That tanuki has a giant tail... still cute though.

Each episode seems to be half "funny daily life" and half "kind of serious", I'm not sure what they're going for. I liked the serious bit in this episode, with the story of the inari shrine.
Feb 15, 2023 5:59 PM
May 2018
it was cute.
especially when the big brother would take full responsibility about the disasters.
Feb 15, 2023 5:59 PM
May 2018
it was cute.
especially when the big brother would take full responsibility about the disasters.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2016

33 by lunarches »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:12 AM

Poll: » Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2016

33 by iamafreak »»
Feb 16, 2023 12:15 AM

Poll: » Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2016

22 by iamafreak »»
Feb 16, 2023 12:07 AM

Poll: » Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2016

173 by Guts-Valley »»
Jun 7, 2022 11:42 PM

» Should I watch Touken Ranbu Hanamaru?

RuiZleipa - Jan 28, 2018

6 by Konani »»
Jan 20, 2019 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.