3It was OK
30.0%
2Disliked it
10.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 3.7
30 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2014 1:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was more intense than I had thought. Just to show you can't trust anyone in this show.

Still, that brief flashback is heartwarming. Parenting love is strong. Ooh and the ending was priceless LOL. Big mistake there ha
Apr 26, 2014 4:38 AM

Apr 2008
So the next episode, Reika will come back. I don't like her. So after I'm sure we will have the return of Fumi too. After, it will the turn of Akechi and Takato

The episode was good.
Apr 26, 2014 6:43 AM

May 2013
Good episode, probably the best in this new series so far. Glad to see I was right about Ran. The flashback I felt was a bit too long, but otherwise it did its job. I like that Kindaichi (the series) spends a lot of time after its cases are over to delve into the aftermath. Ran ended up being a surprisingly sympathetic character.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Apr 26, 2014 9:07 AM

Jun 2012
I didn't like how that all ended. And why isn't Ran in jail? Did Pai Long not turn her in yet? And why does Long Dong think they can start over once she has paid for her crimes. She shouldn't be getting out of jail anytime soon, regardless of her reasons or upbringing she still tried to nuke hong kong and should get life in prison.

Well now that this case is done I can finally put this show on hold until I watch the prequel.
Apr 26, 2014 9:55 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The true culprit is finally revealed; and it's none other than Ran!
Precise explanations of how she committed those crimes. Kindaichi is brilliant!

Reasons for murders are clarified. Ran's past was quite sad..
At least the siblings reunited after so long.

Miyuki is such an airhead. XD . Good to see her doing well though.

Oh, Ran also liked Kindaichi?! O.o
Too bad, Miyuki is a better choice. Nice moment between them at the end. :)

New case next episode. Looking forward to it.
This series has actually been pretty awesome!

Apr 26, 2014 10:35 AM

May 2013
Well that case is solved. Interesting past that Ran had with her mom. Sad that she committed suicide. Can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 26, 2014 10:49 AM
Feb 2013
It was a nice ep, but I just can't help rant about something in for this first 4 episode thing, i.e.

1. If the Poison Dragon is some kind of explosive device that can level Kowloon, how come it was stored in such a long time with it's electronic components still in tact, showing no signs of deterioration? Now that was some quality engineering for a king of kowloon to do, despite the fact that such person is probably an uneducated thug.

2. If somebody wishes to level a place as large as Kowloon, don't you think that they have to use a 1/4 kiloton nuclear device, instead of some flimsy bomb that would only give a big boom than a gigantic kaboom?

3. Is Nanase that stupid to believe that Hon kong would be under a terrorist attack , Geeez, doesn't she ever watch the news? They probably should have used a SAR outbreak instead instead of a lame excuse of a terrorist attack .

4. Why the fuck did they have to use a guy from Taiwan to be the cop in this first 4 episode anime instead of someone from the Hong Kong Police Force, geez were these Jap taking their issue with China this serious to undermine Hong Kong's finest? Frankly I'm beginning to thing that the produce of this anime is politicking.
Apr 26, 2014 11:06 AM

Jul 2013
Once again Kindaichi delivers. First case closed and I must say I enjoyed the anime adaptation much more than its live-action counterpart. Oh, and some adorable Miyuki x Kindaichi moments (with the unfortunate but usual slap finale). Next time we are getting a Reika (Miyuki's love rival) episode.
Apr 26, 2014 2:19 PM

Jun 2011
Oh, this girl nearly killed millions of people but, that's a-okay! She only killed 3 people! And they were dicks! We should let her go :^)
Apr 26, 2014 5:21 PM

May 2012
17:54 lol

Meh.
5.5/10 for this episode.
Should've animated by a better studio.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 26, 2014 11:16 PM

Jul 2013
FastnessofWheels said:
Oh, this girl nearly killed millions of people but, that's a-okay! She only killed 3 people! And they were dicks! We should let her go :^)

The anime episode didn't make it clear enough , but no. They didn't let Ran go. If you pay attention to the dialogue prior to her arrest, her brothers and she ask for a favor. That is for Ran to participate in the Tokyo Girly Mode fashion show. After the show, she does end up behind bars.

As for the "all is a-okay" part, that is nothing more than an eyphemism. A reoccuring element in Kindaichi's Cases (that adds to the show's maturity imo) is that after the presentation of the murder trick solution, an emotional approach towards the culprit's circumstances is attempted. Drama is always ensured when light is shed on the murderer's motives. It's up to the viewer to empathize or not.
Apr 27, 2014 6:11 PM

Jul 2012
Okay after this arc, I can finally start legitimately judging this show! (since I watched the live action and this case wasn't interesting for me)

FastnessofWheels said:

^ LOL
Apr 29, 2014 1:04 AM

Aug 2013
I'm simply going to treat this as a bad opening arc, since a lot of series have them. Hopefully things will improve in the next case...
Apr 30, 2014 10:59 PM

Jul 2010
What a terrible finale. They want Ran to pay for her crimes but first she should dance happily with everyone ;)
May 1, 2014 2:43 AM

Apr 2014
The episode was decent, but somehow this new series doesn't have the same vibes as the old 90's one. I just hope that it could get only better with the next murder cases.
Jun 15, 2014 8:46 AM

Oct 2012
I don't know but somehow it feels weird... the ending I mean
They just forgive her, I assumed?
I know two (or three) of them were guilty of her mother's death
But still murdering them...
Oh well~

Anyway, I'm enjoying Hajime x Miyuki
"Signature removed"
Nov 3, 2015 4:44 AM

Dec 2014
So.. if she did not act like a drama queen her mom might still be alive.. :/

I grew up watching meitantei conan, i hope kindaichi is as good...
Aug 21, 2016 7:03 PM

Feb 2015
Ehhhh, this case was a bit... boring? It was obvious Ran was the killer since they introduced her. There was no point to add a Miyuki doppleganger otherwise.
Jan 30, 2017 4:55 PM
Jan 2017
I'll give my overall opinion of the case. It was interesting in some ways but way too much of a stretch. Since I'm used to the tricks of mystery novels, I know the likely culprit. But I found some of the deductions to be faulty. The whole thing with the hangars. How would Kindaichi deduce that they were made of the same material as Sakis glasses without any precedent? Then the end was ridiculous. How does a confessed murderer just get to prance around on the catwalk? I simply felt nothing for Ran. Her whole "awakening" felt like a DBZ power up scene. They made no real effort to show her in a more sympathetic light but also made no effort to show her as a cold-blooded murderer.
Jul 15, 2023 10:21 PM

Oct 2018
Don't think it was necessary to make the entire episode of this, but we've had cases like this in the original series too. Well, Reika, another recurring character will be on the next ep.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

21 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 21, 2023 2:31 PM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

12 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 21, 2023 2:26 PM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

14 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 21, 2023 1:39 PM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

18 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 21, 2023 1:11 PM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

17 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 21, 2023 1:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.