3It was OK
8.9%
2Disliked it
4.5%
1Hated it
0.6%
Average 4.5
157 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 19, 2008 5:53 AM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well , episode 15 was quite one of the best Gundam episode I have seen ( if not the best .).
I was shaking the whole episode .
Epic episode yep .
can't wait for episode 16. one week to go , one week to go ;_; .

(made by MistaCloudStrife ^^)
Jan 19, 2008 11:37 AM

Oct 2007
eh? am i missing something here..... 15 has yet to be subbed, out earliest tommorrow night if im not misstaken, could it have being that you've seen it in RAW?

Jan 19, 2008 11:50 AM

Mar 2007
you are correct , I have seen the raw.

Jan 19, 2008 2:37 PM

Jun 2007
Looks like next week will be a Recap episode with some new scenes in the end.
Jan 21, 2008 5:08 AM

Nov 2007
The ep was fantastic! As everything since the begining was for this one moment.! just cant wait to see again the new gundam in action. Great ep!
Jan 21, 2008 5:54 AM
Sep 2006
AWESOME!!! and it looked like one of the three new gundam pilots is a girl??
Jan 21, 2008 6:10 AM

Nov 2007
that was action packed. we'll finally get to see the trinity next episode. XDD
Jan 21, 2008 8:29 AM

Jan 2008
lecor said:

3 new gundams? where did you get that?
Jan 21, 2008 8:34 AM

Jul 2007
aww lecor spoiled it lordvizard.. it was on the last episode discussion..

THIS EPISODE WAS SO GOOD! it kept me on edge through and through..plus, I'm in love with the new OP and ED. wait for the next episode is going to suck..
Jan 21, 2008 8:40 AM

Jan 2008
candelina said:

THIS EPISODE WAS SO GOOD! it kept me on edge through and through..plus, I'm in love with the new OP and ED. wait for the next episode is going to suck..

am on a lost here? there wasn't anything about new gundam on the last episode and on this episode there was only one? explain explaiinn wooooooohoooooooo
Jan 21, 2008 8:44 AM

Mar 2007
lordvizard said:
candelina said:

am on a lost here? there wasn't anything about new gundam on the last episode and on this episode there was only one? explain explaiinn wooooooohoooooooo
did you by any chance..skipped the opening ? lol .

Jan 21, 2008 8:49 AM

Jan 2008
Action episode. Good to watch but kinda silly. The gundams are too overpowered. Looks like Wing Redux.
Jan 21, 2008 8:56 AM

Jan 2008
kurotsuki said:
lordvizard said:
candelina said:

did you by any chance..skipped the opening ? lol .

LOL okidoki i know enough haha i always skip openings :P
Jan 21, 2008 10:05 AM
Jul 2007
Ah the episode I was waiting for! Loved it :)!
Jan 21, 2008 11:04 AM

Oct 2007
Gundams are overpowered, they need to be nerfed.

Jan 21, 2008 12:26 PM

Oct 2007
XD great episode and awesome action!!!

so looking foward to the upcoming episodes ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2008 12:56 PM

Mar 2007
Cool, Gundam 00 went from shit to pretty awsome in just one episode.
Jan 21, 2008 5:29 PM

May 2007
I totally didn't expect another Gundam to come out and rescue Setsuna. I was expecting Setsuna to go into berserk mode or something, but I was definitely caught off-guard. A new player has just entered the fray. Things should get even more interesting now on, especially given the preview for the next episode. Ah man.
Jan 21, 2008 6:16 PM

Jun 2007
Sobzob said:

You watch Rental Magica,please STFU.
Jan 21, 2008 7:23 PM
Feb 2007
I really hate the pacing of 00. One second it's been 5 hours of battle, a minute later it's been 15.
Jan 21, 2008 8:00 PM

Oct 2007
vindemon64 said:
I totally didn't expect another Gundam to come out and rescue Setsuna. I was expecting Setsuna to go into berserk mode or something, but I was definitely caught off-guard. A new player has just entered the fray. Things should get even more interesting now on, especially given the preview for the next episode. Ah man.

Lovely right :P
Also there seem to be 3 new gundams, thus the name trinity...
Jan 21, 2008 9:54 PM
Oct 2007
Netforce said:

Enough with the nerfing. Let's just buff everything else.
Jan 21, 2008 10:09 PM

Aug 2007
I didn't really expect much with this mech series that carries the name of Gundam, but this episode is just wow...

I applaud them for learning from the mistakes made in Seed and Destiny, that is sufficient numbers and strategy can overwhelm raw but limited power. Sure the Gundams themselves are still beyond overpowered, but at least they are no longer God-like against mass fodder troops.

I was actually wondering if they would be captured, but I guess the three mysterious Gundams in the new OP would perform the rescue operation. I personally can't wait for episode 16...I have to know what happens!

Is it just me or did none of them knew the existence of the "trinity," not even the Meisters themselves? Oh well...sleep time...xD
Jan 21, 2008 10:21 PM

Jan 2007
That was awesome, the fights were intense. I was wondering coming in what the CB would be forced to play, and it turned out to be 3 new gundams. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 21, 2008 11:46 PM

Sep 2007
It never ceases to amaze me just how crazy Setsuna is.
I like the fact that the Gundams aren't completely infallible, as is the case in some other Gundam series. Still, 16 hours is a looong time to fight a battle. I was waiting to see how long it would take to mix the other Gundams into the mix, though I had a feeling it would be this ep based on all of CB staff not panicking over the battle. Though I'm a little confused on why these new Gundams seem way more badass than the current four... regardless, this was prolly the best, and most Gundam-like, episode of the series.
Jan 22, 2008 12:52 AM

Nov 2004
Winner said:
Sobzob said:

I don't approve of such comments on MAL. Be nice.

skygtr said:
I really hate the pacing of 00. One second it's been 5 hours of battle, a minute later it's been 15.

Yeah, I noticed that also. It jumped three hours in such little time. Then it jumped a few minutes after. So the Gundams are so powerful they can stand 16 hours of being bombarded literally by missiles in every direction?

The episode was pretty epic though. I was on the edge of my seat, it really was like the end of the Meisters. I wasn't expecting Setsuna to be saved either, I really thought he was gonna go berserk after the usual reminiscing over the past thing. I did know about the new Gundams (I've heard people throwing around the name Throne for this group of three) but I wasn't sure whether they were on CB's side or not. Since it looked like the Meisters were fighting them in the OP (and they looked evil). Obviously we have no idea whether CB is as 'good' as it appears to be (we could always have the Meisters change sides for whatever reason).

And considering how CB is like a 200 year old organization, I think it's fair to assume that Setsuna and the group we know are actually the grunts of the organization, so they may not know about other Gundams (although Sumeragi seemed to have given a hint to Billy about there being more then 4 Gundams).
Jan 22, 2008 2:01 AM
Aug 2007
purely epic!!

this is the best episode so far!! so intense!! im hoping that there is at least one female pilot there.. women must not be taken lightly! >.<
Jan 22, 2008 2:44 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Very nice battle, the color of the new Gundam's particles really adds to the atmosphere. =D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 22, 2008 5:38 AM

Mar 2007
Winner said:

Sorry, but I fail to understand what Rental Magica have to do with Gundam 00..
Jan 22, 2008 6:34 AM

Aug 2007
One of the best episodes I have ever seen. They were able to make the battle seem real intense. It was even great to see Setsuna be saved by a Gundam once but twice.

I'm really looking forward to the next episode, and seeing what the three new mobile suits are capable of doing.
Jan 22, 2008 10:08 AM

Oct 2007
lordvizard said:
lecor said:

3 new gundams? where did you get that?

Yes it will be 3 new gundam with 2 guys and 1 girl. and i believe from what i saw in the pic that the gundam at the end of this ep must be the girl.

skygtr said:

I think they are choosing the right choice if they are going to make next episode a truly gundam battle. Dont you think it is time for us to see Nadleeh in action along with the others instead of watching the same battle in a different place?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 22, 2008 10:36 AM

Aug 2007
I liked this episode.

Kinda nice how Gundam 00 managed to turn itself from dire to meh to quite good over the last 5 or so episodes.

Looking forward to seeing more of that mystery gundam.

Jan 22, 2008 10:48 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I still don't know how I feel about new meisters... we barely know anything about the characters we already have. Some of them even seem pointless, yet they get airtime each week. I'd be happy if there was a girl meister, but I'm just wondering what they're going to do about this, and how big a role this "trinity" is going to have.

Still, the episode was great. I can't wait to see how Tieria's going to feel after having to get rescued. Ha ha,sucker! Lol.

One point I'm confused on... Marina's revelation about Setsuna's speech. But, perhaps that has yet to be explained?
Jan 22, 2008 11:09 AM
Sep 2007
a really action-heavy episode, but good at that
just one thing i dont get. they stand around, 15 hours, without taking considerable damage, why dont they move? i mean, ok, its easier to be shot in the (not so heavy-armored) back while moving, but if they can withstand a continuous all out all sides short+long range artillery barrage, and air bombardment in regular intervals for that long, they probably should have been able to move a few meters, or a few kilometers in the beginning of those 15 hours, and just finish off the artillery pinning them down. i mean, its not like it could get any worse than being exactly in the centre of the focus fire from a few hundred mobile suits. even if they are more vulnerable that way, i doubt artillery would be able to harm them if they fly around, same with air strikes.
Jan 22, 2008 11:29 AM

Jan 2008
Personally i disliked this episode a lot. The action was quite good, but they totaly ruined the logic of the story for that one. For CB to run in such an obvious trap, it's ridiculous.
Even if you argue that that have to attacke even though they know its a trap because that's what they announced: Since this was announced as a military joint operation, nothing like a war, there was no reason to go there to begin with. And the terrorists...well, HRL would have dealt with them once they realized CB isn't coming.
I like seeing CB getting pwnd for a change, but i can't take the story serious here...

Well, hopefully the new Gundams will be good...
Jan 22, 2008 12:24 PM

Aug 2007

skygtr said:

Dunno about you, but I certainly don't want half an episode dedicated to the Gundams being pounded by artillery and bombs without any means of an effective counterattack. Its not called bad pacing, its called skipping over unimportant parts just for the sake of buying time due to a lack of a script.
Jan 22, 2008 1:38 PM

Jul 2007
Really nice episode, the battle got pretty intense, 4 CB's against 1000 other mobile suits..thats insane! I can't wait to see the new gundams in the next episode, I'm curious as to who the new pilots are.
Jan 22, 2008 1:59 PM

Sep 2007
Sobzob said:
Winner said:

Sorry, but I fail to understand what Rental Magica have to do with Gundam 00..

And to add on to that, just because someone watches something that's crap, it makes their tastes crap? What?

Anyway, Kineta mentioned something that's been bothering me too. I still barely know anything about the current gundam meisters we have. I know who the four are and what they look like now, but it took me awhile to get that straight when it should've taken less time.

I wonder when Nadleeh's going to make a second appearance :P
Jan 22, 2008 3:45 PM

Oct 2007
cyruz said:
Very nice battle, the color of the new Gundam's particles really adds to the atmosphere. =D

I thought the same thing...
Also after watching the episode again, i realized that now we know Kami's name

Its Gundam!!!

Episode 14 ending sais -> "Next Time, Setsuna screams the name of God"
Episode 15 at the end -> Setsuna screams "Gundam" :P

ITS OFFICIAL, KAMI'S NAME IS GUNDAM!!!
FriendlysoulJan 22, 2008 3:48 PM
Jan 22, 2008 3:49 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Friendlysoul said:
Episode 14 ending sais -> "Next Time, Setsuna screams the name of God"
Episode 15 at the end -> Setsuna screams "Gundam" :P

ITS OFFICIAL, KAMI'S NAME IS GUNDAM!!!

Lol, wow.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 22, 2008 4:00 PM

Jun 2007
I only started watching this a few days ago, because I originally wasn't going to watch it. But I marathoned it on Saturday, and then watched 14 the other day, and 15 today. I'm in love with this show.

And I have to say, I'm not entirely happy that there are going to be new gundams. Because as others mentioned above, we still don't know enough about our current meisters.

Jan 22, 2008 5:58 PM

Nov 2007
Iriya said:

Anyway, Kineta mentioned something that's been bothering me too. I still barely know anything about the current gundam meisters we have. I know who the four are and what they look like now, but it took me awhile to get that straight when it should've taken less time.

Actually we've been given a decent amount of information and depth for our dear meisters (except maybe Tieria)

Setsuna:
-Has one freaking messed up past, with which he obviously still has serious issues with (I could elaborate, but I really don't feel like it).
-Is generally anti-social and doesn't show much emotion, except when fighting with Ali - where he might as well have the words "I HATE YOU" painted on his forehead. The more Setsuna fights Ali, the more we'll probably see his character be fleshed out.
-While he seems to believe in CBs ideals he doesn't have a problem acting independently.
-Its been mentioned (I think by Lockon) that his Gundam is Setsuna's only reason for still being alive (ie. that he only goes on because of his Gundam, not because his Gundam is saving his life.)

Allelujah:
-Was part of the super-soldier project of HRL.
-Due to him being part of the super-soldier project of HRL he's developed some serious mental issues.
-Has developed a rather violent split personality, which directly contrasts his nicer, gentler normal personality.
-We've seen him struggling against his blood thursty split personality and his past as a lab rat for HRL.
-His split personality seems to have made a rival out of Soma.
(sorry if some of these seem repeatative, but his mental issues go beyond just the split personality)

Lockon:
-His parents were killed by terrorists when he was living in Ireland.
-Has an identical twin.
-Is the only meister to have revealed his real name (except maybe Setsuna, but his mom yells out a different name than the one he gives Marina.).
-Generally seems pretty easygoing, but is more than likely putting up a front to hide some phsycological issues.

Tieria:
-While the least fleshed out, we've seen that he puts his mission above pretty much all else and holds a strong loyalty to Veda.
-We've also been given hints that there's more to his personality than just being a jerk - mainly his break down after Nadleeh was revealed.

While this may not seem that significant to you, these pilots have actually been given quite a large amount of development when comparing them to what we received in the first 15 episodes of previous Gundam series.

What I'm more worried about with the introduction of 3 new pilots, is that some of the side characters, such as Graham and Patrick, won't receive the attention I'd like them to.
RolexJan 23, 2008 9:12 AM
Jan 22, 2008 6:31 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Did anyone find similarities betwen Issac Asimov's Foundation series and Gundam 00?
Both involves a long-term "plan" that will bring humanity to a "better" future. I am 100% SURE that the producers have at least partially inspired Gundam 00 from the Foundation series. There are TOO MANY similarities.

Celestial Being = First and Second Foundation
Aeolia = Seldon
Vega's predictions = the Psychohistory predictions of the "Seldon Plan"
The first foundation's power = superior technology
Gundam's power = superior technology
Trinity = Second Foundation = backup plan

And it that the DRAGOON system I see in the next episode???????
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 22, 2008 8:34 PM
Oct 2007
Very good episode!
And nice theory you got wakka!
Jan 22, 2008 9:09 PM

Jul 2007
And obviously Exia was messed up, since it made the noise the Millennium Falcon makes whenever the hyperdrive is broken

Sam is my sweet peach
Jan 22, 2008 9:14 PM

Oct 2007
Netforce said:
No, that'll ruin the economy. Flags should be nerfed. They're useless anyway.
Jan 22, 2008 10:22 PM

Jun 2007
I thought this ep was pretty damn good and this series as a whole has been refreshing compared to the past reused crap we've been feed for the past 12 or so years of Gundam history.

As Astaroth pointed out, the character development is definitely there but it's spaced our and not as "in your face obvious" as most people are used to. I personally think its going at a good pace. I learn just enough to make me want to watch more in the hopes that I will learn more about each pilot. Its not all thrown at me in one or two episodes like past series have done.

The Gundams are far from overpowered. I don't see how people can easily say they're overpowered. Sure they can go on for 15 hours without loosing arms or legs but they can't do anything but stand still and protect themselves. If you think they're overpowered then go watch Gundam Wing or Gundam Seed, now those are overpowered.

As for the three new Gundams. I'm pretty sure it wont harm the character development or show at all. Considering we learned that all the current pilots joined not knowing who each other was, I don't find it surprising that 3 new ones just showed up and Setsuna was seen in shock. Also keep in mind we have no idea if these 3 new Gundams are good or bad yet. For all we know it could be a rival group that spun off from CB that decided to make an appearance now (although I doubt it). In any case CB needed more people at some point and this episode proved it.
Jan 23, 2008 5:33 AM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:
I thought this ep was pretty damn good and this series as a whole has been refreshing compared to the past reused crap we've been feed for the past 12 or so years of Gundam history.

As Astaroth pointed out, the character development is definitely there but it's spaced our and not as "in your face obvious" as most people are used to. I personally think its going at a good pace. I learn just enough to make me want to watch more in the hopes that I will learn more about each pilot. Its not all thrown at me in one or two episodes like past series have done.

The Gundams are far from overpowered. I don't see how people can easily say they're overpowered. Sure they can go on for 15 hours without loosing arms or legs but they can't do anything but stand still and protect themselves. If you think they're overpowered then go watch Gundam Wing or Gundam Seed, now those are overpowered.

As for the three new Gundams. I'm pretty sure it wont harm the character development or show at all. Considering we learned that all the current pilots joined not knowing who each other was, I don't find it surprising that 3 new ones just showed up and Setsuna was seen in shock. Also keep in mind we have no idea if these 3 new Gundams are good or bad yet. For all we know it could be a rival group that spun off from CB that decided to make an appearance now (although I doubt it). In any case CB needed more people at some point and this episode proved it.

nice comment.
For me i think that Sumeragi's group and Alejandro didn't know anything about these 3 new gundams yet. But it seems like Sumeragi have already predicted that CB will have more than 4 gundams.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 23, 2008 5:30 PM

Dec 2007
I hate to be down on the episode. I liked it a lot, but it doesn't deserve all this raving. We spent a whole episode with them barely fighting, just getting busted up with missiles. I think it would've made a better impression if, everytime they managed to break past the barrage and destroy a few mobile suits, more popped up and hit them harder than before.

Still, all-in-all, a good episode. I expected the new Gundam. Its obvious both Veda and Sumeragi knew there was NO chance of CB making any real headway with only four mobile suits. I mean, there's no way of mass-producing Gundams (goes against the Rule #1 for Gundam shows), but that doesn't mean there aren't....maybe 15, 20 suits? Also, its obvious that THESE particular suits are far better than the ones Setsuna and co. have been using. Its a huge plan with lots of phases...these are the suits to be used in phase 2.

Can't wait to find out about the new Gundams and their pilots.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Jan 24, 2008 4:32 AM
Nov 2007
Gundam Throne Drei FTW!! it was a very cool episode (A)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 3 Discussion

DeathfireD - Oct 22, 2007

47 by Kaydansnk »»
Oct 21, 4:47 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Serg - Oct 13, 2007

60 by ChangKang6 »»
Oct 20, 2:37 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Serg - Oct 6, 2007

90 by ChangKang6 »»
Oct 20, 2:10 PM

» Do I need to watch anything before this?

frosty_thoughts - Sep 10

7 by TVWithLancelot »»
Sep 16, 12:42 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Likewise - Dec 9, 2007

69 by TheSelleri »»
Sep 2, 4:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.