0.0%
Naoya (King of Bel; Dark-Chaos)
33.3%
Yuzu (Escape; Neutral-Neutral)
0.0%
6 votes
Aug 16, 2009 7:38 AM

Oct 2008

I haven't finished all the routes yet so I cannot say. So far...

I found Naoya's route to be somewhat of a trick as that the guy claims that obtaining the throne of Bel will bring an end to the Tokyo Lockdown sounding all nice and whatsoever but it turns out to be something sort of like Nocturne's Demon ending as opposed to a happy ending which you seem to think throughout the game until the last 30 seconds.

On my second playthrough, I picked Yuzu's ending thinking that its the happy ending which was...*laugh* I can't believe it. Not just that I don't get to fight and recruit Lucifer on my second playthrough, the ending turns out to be apocalypse. Apparently, saving people to get out of the Tokyo Lockdown invites the destruction of the world which isn't obvious at the start of the game. Actually, by the time you defeat the two angels along with a Tokko member and also Amane, Yuzu talks as though it will turn out to be a happy ending but you will realize its probably one of the bad endings on the last 30 seconds or so.

Amane: The pretty holy maiden who seems to disagree with the founder of the Shomonkai and is also the vessel for both a Bel demon and also the angel Ramiel, not mentioning that she also defeated Jikokuten prior to the Tokyo Lockdown. However, based on what she says and the fact that she is somewhat of a justice freak. I get the feeling that becoming the saviour would mean killing all of the comrades who don't join your cause, as well as everyone inside the Yamanote Circle to prevent the demons from spreading outside. Generally, the role of the saviour is also that of a murderer. It turns out that she serves the real "God" against the Shomonkai and its "God" that every one of their believers had been worshipping, not to mention that the Shomonkai intends on defeating the true "God" with their worshipped "God" from the beginning to prevent future coming of ordeals. Generally, Amane's ending is the happy ending.

I am still missing the following endings:

Gin: Generally, I get the idea that I will be teaming up with Gin to fight Azuma of the Shomonkai to free Aya who is capable of the Ancient Common Tongue and Haru will also tag along but not join in battle as that her sequencer lacks working batteries. However, it may not be what it seems..

Atsuro: The guy is most likely the remake of the original Shin Megami Tensei's Chaos Hero as that he believes demons if controlled can serve the purpose of making everyday life a lot more convenient. However, certainly.. Not everybody agrees with his point of view, especially not Yuzu. Siding with him will generally mean that everyone else will be an enemy as that Atsuro disagrees with obtaining the throne of Bel. Generally, it is one of the harder routes. Probably not as hard as Gin's as that everyone who finished all the routes claim so.
Kira01Aug 23, 2009 6:49 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 23, 2009 6:52 AM

Oct 2008
Just finished Devil Survivor for the third time, totally surprised at Amane's ending when nothing bad occurs near the end. Now, I am very curious as to how Gin's ending will turn out..

Atsuro's ending will most likely be somewhat of a rip-off of the original Chaos Hero's ending in the Shin Megami Tensei I but chances are.. It is completely different filled with multiple twists. For some reason, I guess there are people who are actually getting a kick out of these twists.. Personally, I don't like it as that Yuzu's ending was totally disappointing... ( ; _ ; )
Dec 6, 2009 4:21 PM

Dec 2009
My favorite ending was Gin. I beat the game every route, and can honestly say Gin was the best.
Nov 5, 2010 4:43 PM

Jun 2010
Amane: Light-Law
Atsuro: Light-Chaos
Gin: Neutral-Neutral
Kaido: Dark-Neutral
Naoya: Dark-Chaos
Yuzu: Light-Neutral

Sounds about right but not accurate enough though..
''Those who opposes the will of the Creators shall be deleted..'' - Ultimate Messiah
Dec 6, 2022 8:07 PM

Nov 2019
Devil survivor is truly the most 10/10 megaten out there
Feb 16, 2023 10:41 AM
Dec 2017
I went with Atsuro's ending iirc.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Wallpapers

Kira01 - Aug 16, 2009

0 by Kira01 »»
Aug 16, 2009 7:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.