Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 23, 2009 1:48 PM

Jan 2009
A forum to discuss animes to watch in or out of the club.

When suggestions are made for what anime to watch next I can put them to a vote so don't be shy with your suggestions
HunterXDanteOct 28, 2009 5:20 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 28, 2009 4:00 PM

Jan 2009
I think the first anime we should watch should be The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya not only because our club is named after it but because it is english and a great anime in general.
HunterXDanteOct 28, 2009 5:18 PM
Oct 28, 2009 6:10 PM
Oct 2009
I think that is a great suggestions, Hunter.
Oct 28, 2009 9:44 PM

Oct 2009
I'm gonna concur, but I don't think we'll be getting much of a response until Friday. Either way, I suggest School Rumble for the vote as well! I do love to vote....
Oct 30, 2009 6:02 PM

Oct 2009
But we're starting with Higurashi anyways hah.
Oct 31, 2009 1:32 AM

Oct 2009
Yeah, I never really expected that many other people to all like Higurashi as well. So for the next meeting we will be watching the next two episodes to finish off the first "mini-series"! However, then we'll need some new suggestions for what to watch after that. It will need to be fairly short (a 12-14 episode series will still be considered if there's enough interest but anything longer would take some serious commitment). And because Higurashi is being watched in English, the next thing we watch afterward will be Subbed. So does anybody have suggestions??
Oct 31, 2009 10:55 AM

Oct 2009
Yay, subbed!
Hmm, Haruhi is really good dubbed though, so should we wait to watch that one after the next subbed?
Devil May Cry is very good both dubbed and subbed. It's also only 12 episodes long, but it's not very good in reviews and to be frank; I agree with them.
Code Geass is amazing, I definetly recommend it but the only problem is that it's 2 seasons and quite lengthy. Kurokami is a pretty good action anime but it's 23 episodes. There are some really good anime movies out there too; if anybody is interested in those. For Example: Full Metal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shambala and Tsubasa Chronicles.
CrystalLilyxOct 31, 2009 11:30 AM
Nov 1, 2009 10:18 AM

Jan 2009
Movie might be difficult because we wont have enough time to finish a whole movie as opposed to when we watch anime we can just stop after an episode then continue later. I definitly agree that at some point we should watch Haruhi Suzumiya and I've haven't watched those other devil may cry but the idea of watching something I haven't seen sounds like fun. Also Code Geass is awesome but yes it's definitly to long for a club that meets only once a week.
HunterXDanteNov 1, 2009 10:26 AM
Nov 1, 2009 11:48 AM

Oct 2009
I agree on every point! (I am an agreeable personz.... ^-^). And once we begin to meet twice a week, a 24-26 episode series will definitely be an attainable feat! I like the thought of the Tsubasa Chronicles movie (Or FMA movie, for that matter) as the next choice as they're both awesome subbed. And who cares if we don't finish it in one go, we watch movies in class all the time that we don't complete! Good job everyone, keep the suggestions pouring in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 1, 2009 12:30 PM
Oct 2009
i say we should watch fate stay night, when we start 2 meetings a week
Nov 1, 2009 4:18 PM

Oct 2009
Fate Stay Night is very good. I liked the idea but it oddly reminded me of Pokemon. Nonetheless, that would be a good anime to watch.
@Hunter; we'd be able to get done at least 3/4 of a movie done and then maybe watch the ending when we meet again.
Nov 1, 2009 5:24 PM

Jan 2009
If we were to have two days I would love to watch a movie but I'm not sure i'd like to watch the first part and then wait a week till the next. If everyone else want to as well then I'm putting my vote on possibly the digimon movie because it's probly my favorite anime movie.
Nov 3, 2009 6:52 PM

Oct 2009
HunterXDante said:
If we were to have two days I would love to watch a movie but I'm not sure i'd like to watch the first part and then wait a week till the next. If everyone else want to as well then I'm putting my vote on possibly the digimon movie because it's probly my favorite anime movie.

Digimon! Digital Monsters! Digimon are the CHAMPIONS! Lol. But seriously, if we keep getting this many good suggestions I'm gonna keep wanting to watch everything and then we might have to move to three days a week... (The idea sounds like bliss on paper but my co-op mark would suffer for it.......)
Nov 3, 2009 6:54 PM

Oct 2009
That makes me feel so horrible! || OTL ||
3 days a week?! That sounds so awesome to me but it would so suck at the same time because I'm moving in 2 weeks! I'll only have 3 more days with the club..
Nov 3, 2009 7:43 PM

Nov 2009
I could bring in Tekkon Kinkreet, anyone heard of it?
Nov 3, 2009 9:13 PM

Oct 2009
TH3GADFLY said:
I could bring in Tekkon Kinkreet, anyone heard of it?

I have now and it sounds really interesting. I always like the under-dog-come-from-behind-victory type stories! After we're finished with Higurashi you should definitely propose it to the club.
Nov 4, 2009 2:22 PM

Jan 2009
I think we should watch Zero no Tsukaima - It one of my favorite animes.
Nov 4, 2009 5:41 PM
Jan 2009
Le Portrait de Petit Cossette is a beautiful anime, and I highly recommend it. Very dark and macabre, with a beautiful music score and artwork. It's only three episodes, so it'd be very easy to finish, as well. I've got the DVD, and though I won't be able to attend meetings for a time, I can always give it to someone going, and everyone else can take a gander. I've also got a ton of Hayao Miyazaki films, Paprika, and some Samurai Champloo, among others. If anyone's interested. It's easier than going to find stuff on the internet, though that is do-able, if we can borrow someone's laptop and hook it up to the overhead thingy ... if that's possible.
Nov 4, 2009 8:05 PM
Oct 2009
Anything gameOVER suggests is sure to be top-notch. That girl has culture written all over her (well not literally). Great taste.
Nov 4, 2009 8:18 PM

Jan 2009
Ferland said:
Anything gameOVER suggests is sure to be top-notch. That girl has culture written all over her (well not literally). Great taste.

That would look very strange, but I agree that it definitly sounds like she has great taste because all of us in the anime club do and also because she definitly sounds like she knows what she talking about. I've never seen Le Portrait de Petit Cossette but I look forward to watching it someday.
Nov 5, 2009 1:42 PM

Nov 2009
Um... about that database of amine episodes ya have on the club computer, ya know the database we watched Higurashi from...

please tell me you ripped those episodes off your own DVDs and didn't just ILLEGALLY download them off the net.
TH3GADFLYNov 5, 2009 3:32 PM
Nov 5, 2009 4:25 PM

Oct 2009
They were most likely downloaded. Why?
Nov 5, 2009 5:05 PM

Nov 2009
DARRNIT
If a vp or the principle finds out one of our main club activities is watching illegally downloaded videos, they might shut us down! (not that i'd rat you out: not that I approve of it either)

It's not like we have to stop watching amine. Funimation streams it's own stuff on youtube and on it's site. A lot of shows, goods shows at that (Darker than Black, Dragonaut, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood). If the firewall on Ferland's teacher's server file thing (I forget the name... account? or something) lets us on Funimations site, we can keep watching Higurashi, (well up until episode 12). There's other shows on joost and animenetwork.com, all legaly streamed. Any series we can't find, I'LL order of Amazon with my own scratch okay.I love this club too much for it to be morally wrong, and I will do everything in my power to make it right.

I hate how I can't do anything about this until monday,

FLIPPIN HUNGRY LION, I'M ALWAYS ON BORROWED TIME
Nov 5, 2009 5:10 PM

Oct 2009
I dont think it really matters. We can still watch what we want from the downloaded stuff. I highly doubt any VP's will find out.
Nov 5, 2009 5:44 PM

Nov 2009
It's the morality of the thing, man
Nov 5, 2009 5:56 PM

Jan 2009
No matter how you look at it we as a club haven't done anything illegal.
Nov 5, 2009 6:14 PM

Nov 2009
Um... how is that? (I'm seriously asking, please don't take it as an insult)
TH3GADFLYNov 5, 2009 6:22 PM
Nov 5, 2009 6:50 PM

Jan 2009
Well in no way is watching an illegal attained version of anything ilegal so nothing we have done in the club is ilegal. If someone on there own has downloaded the anime to show to the club yes that is ilegal and that person is resposible for their actions.
Nov 5, 2009 7:07 PM

Nov 2009
Please believe me. I'm not trying to ruin everybody's good time. I just don't want anybody leaving the meeting with a guilty conscience. Can we at least try to watch from the sites? I'll do all the grunt work, I promise.

Watch from the database for now, but when I get back, please let me give it a chance. >^<
Nov 5, 2009 7:10 PM

Jan 2009
TH3GADFLY said:
Please believe me. I'm not trying to ruin everybody's good time. I just don't want anybody leaving the meeting with a guilty conscience. Can we at least try to watch from the sites? I'll do all the grunt work, I promise.

Watch from the database for now, but when I get back, please let me give it a chance. >^<

If it becomes a problem for people we do have stuff that is owned that we can watched. Watching it on a site is problematic for a few reasons 1 being quality 2 being it takes up the banwidth
Nov 5, 2009 7:29 PM

Oct 2009
TH3GADFLY said:

Hey all! Just got offa work and saw all the shiny typing.... @.@ *fascinated* .... Anyways, I'm the one who has the database and I can assure you that It's not (all) illegal. Just most of it... And if anyone happens to find out I will take full responsibility for my actions. However, if any member of the club still finds this unsatisfactory or harbors any melancholy feelings within themselves, then I assure you we can and will put a stop to it!!!!!!!!
Nov 5, 2009 7:36 PM
Oct 2009
Among our members I'm sure we own enough anime to keep things honest. At the same time, if I own Love Hina for example on DVD but we choose to watch it on the computer so that we can see it large screen, I don't see a real issue since I've purchased the property anyway. We can discuss this issue if it is important to club members. Maybe we can make a list of legal DVD's owned by club members. I hope that heps TH3GADFLY. I appreciate that you wish to keep things legal, as we well should. Fans like to support the production of these great videos and I'm sure collectively we own more than we can watch this year.
Nov 5, 2009 7:36 PM

Oct 2009
hunterxdante said:
If it becomes a problem for people we do have stuff that is owned that we can watched. Watching it on a site is problematic for a few reasons 1 being quality 2 being it takes up the banwidth

Valid points both for and against being illegal... mhmm, mhmm..... however, no matter what happens (or how bad the quality might get) we need to do what we all know is right (and what is in the best interest of all the club members) in the end!
Nov 5, 2009 7:54 PM

Nov 2009
Thanks a whole bunch guys.
I'm sorry how much of a hassle this is going to be. REALLY sorry to Otherwise-six.
I just want this to be a respectable club is all. I'll make it up to you guys somehow.
Nov 7, 2009 7:28 AM
Oct 2009
Hey TH3GADFLY, would you be willing to put together a list of series available on the legal streaming sites to assist us on planning watch we will watch? I visited the funimation site and was impressed by what is available.

Yesterday Otherwise-six helped the club decide to go with one show per week, which is an idea I really like. We should figure out what we own and can stream from legal providers and develop a viewing schedule. We might even want to post our schedule each month to let members and potential members know what is coming up.
Nov 7, 2009 10:53 PM

Oct 2009
Man Ferland, I knew you were this clubs sponsor for a reason! I really like the idea of a schedule! Also, to TH3GADFLY, I too was quite happy with the amount of anime available from Funimation. With any luck Hunter will have a new thread going soon, so everyone from the club can post what they own; and with your assistance in determining what we can find online (as well as where to find it) I don't think we will lack for anime any time in the forseeable future! d(^-^)b
Nov 8, 2009 5:36 AM
Oct 2009
Crunchyroll.com appears to be another viable site for streaming. Streams to any properties which are licensed in North America are removed from their listing. Does anyone use this site? Is it good? Does it have limitations?
Otherise-six, thanks for the compliment. I appreciate your openness and dedication to the club.
Nov 8, 2009 7:27 AM

Nov 2009
Okay, this is all the free anime I could find. Note that I am doing it by what site has what, and some sites have some of the same shows, so the list may seem bigger than it actually is. I'll update it when I look through crunchyroll

LIst of free, legal, anime:
-Funimation site-
• Ah! My Goddess
• Air Master
• Aquarion
• Baccano
• Baldr Force EXE
• Bamboo Blade
• Basilisk
• Big Windup
• Black Blood Brothers
• Blassreiter
• Blue Gender
• Burst Angel
• Captain Harlock
• Comic Party Revolution
• Coyote Ragtime Show
• Darker Than Black
• Desert Punk
• Devil May Cry
• Digimon Adventure 02
• Dragonaut: The Resonance
• El Cazador De La Bruja
• Ergo Proxy
• Fist of the North Star
• Fist of the North Star 2
• Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
• Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
• Gad Guard
• Galaxy Express 999
• Galaxy Railways
• Ghost Hunt
• Glass Fleet
• Gunslinger Girl
• Gunslinger Girl IL Teatrino
• Gunslinger Girl OVA
• Guyver
• Heat Guy J
• Hell Girl
• Heroic Age
• Ikki Tousen
• Jinki: Extend
• Jyu-Oh-Sei
• Kiddy Grade
• Le Chevalier D'Eon
• Linebarrels of Iron
• Magikano
• Moon Phase
• Mr. Stain
• Murder Princess
• Mushi-Shi
• Nabari no Ou
• Negima!?
• Negima!? Spring & Summer Specials
• One Piece
• Ouran High School Host Club
• Peach Girl
• Phantom
• Pretty Cure
• Project Blue Earth SOS
• Pumpkin Scissors
• Ragnarok
• Romeo X Juliet
• Rumbling Hearts
• Samurai Champloo
• Sands of Destruction
• Sasami
• Save Me! Lollipop
• School Rumble
• School Rumble 2
• School Rumble OVA
• Sgt. Frog
• Shana
• Shigurui
• Shikabane Hime
• Shin chan
• Shuffle!
• Slam Dunk
• Slayers
• Slayers NEXT
• Slayers REVOLUTION
• Slayers TRY
• Solty Rei
• Soul Eater
• Spice & Wolf
• Strain
• Strike Witches
• Suzuka
• The Count of Monte Cristo: Gankutsuou
• Tower of Druaga - The Aegis of URUK
• Tower of Druaga - The Sword of URUK
• Vandread
• Welcome to the NHK
• When They Cry
• xxxHOLiC

-Bandai youtube channel-
Code Geass first season
Kurakame

-Joost-
Pretty Cure
Saiyuki
Bastof Syndrome
Peach Girl (Funimation)
Shikabane Hime- Subtitled (Funimation)
Ouran High School Host Club (SUB)
Digimon Adventure 02
Baldr Force EXE (SUB)
Black Blood Brothers (Funimation)
Shuffle (Funimation)
Shigurui: Death Frenzy (Funimation)
Angelic Layer
Galaxy Express 999
Air Master
School Rumble (Funimation)
xxxHolic (Funimation)
Best Student Council
Captain Harlock
Rumbling Hearts ( 1 2
Ghost Hunt (Funimation)
Aquarion (Funimation)
Slam Dunk
MoonPhase (Funimation)
Fist of the North Star
Jyu-Oh-Sei (SUB) (Funimation)
Slayers NEXT (Funimation)
Basilisk (Funimation)
Galaxy Railways (Funimation)
Kiddy Grade (Funimation)
Mr. Stain on Junk Alley (Funimation)
Super Milk Chan
Mushi-shi

-Funimation Youtube-
Peach Girl
Shikabane Hime
Slayers
School Rumble Extra Class
Moon Phase
Slayers Next
Suzuka
Baldr Force EXE
Big Windup
Aquarion
Black Blood Brothers
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

-Anime Network-
Angelic layer
Bastof Sydrome
Area 88
Best sudent council
chance pop session
Diamond-Daydreams
Divergece eve
Gilgamesh
maical play
mezzo
nanaka 6
Nurse-Witch-Komugi
papuwa
parasite dolls
petshop of horrors
prefectural earth defence force
sayuki
world-of-narue
(everything else is ether just the first three episodes and/or you have to suscribe to get them)
TH3GADFLYNov 8, 2009 7:38 AM
Nov 8, 2009 2:00 PM
Oct 2009
thanks gadfly. that really helps us to see what is available through legal streams.
Dec 2, 2009 11:02 AM

Oct 2009
For everyone who is not satisfied with our selection, I bump this thread so that you can suggest animes that you want to watch! ^-^ The bigger the selection the more fun it will be!
Dec 11, 2009 6:29 AM

Jan 2009
For next week's poll I want to see K-ON! and Toradora. Both are awesome and halarious and I would like to enjoy them with the club.
Jan 24, 2010 9:29 AM

Nov 2009
I've just watch a little of Sgt. Frog and it was hilarious. We should put it on our next poll.
Mar 25, 2010 1:36 PM

Nov 2009
Found another awesome anime to watch, Casshern Sins. The pacing is slow at times but the animation and character designs are awesome.
Mar 31, 2010 1:25 AM

Oct 2009
Mai HiME watch it! amazing series, loved it, one of the best I have seen. if you are wondering why I am up at 4 30 in the morning I just finished watching all 26 episodes =D couldn't stop watching it lol
Apr 25, 2010 9:51 AM
Oct 2009
I have a few we could watch!
Durarara!
D.Grey-Man
Katekyo Hitman Reborn[though the first few episodes suck, it`s better later on]
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Death Note-it`s not on there!- D<
.Hack//SIGN
.hack//Legend of Twilight
.hack//Roots [derp, am I fan or not?]
Uuuh... That`s it for now I guess. Just something to put out there and all.
Apr 25, 2010 4:49 PM
Dec 2009
i was thinking midori days, trigun and hellsing would be some good ones
Apr 25, 2010 7:43 PM

Jan 2009
DarkEclipse92 said:
i was thinking midori days, trigun and hellsing would be some good ones

Midori Days is an awesome show but I think there's might be nudity in the first few episodes, correct me if I'm wrong please.
Apr 30, 2010 1:34 PM
Nov 2009
I'd like to watch Vampire Knight in club...
May 2, 2010 1:33 PM

Nov 2009
Oh, there's this amazing new anime called Tatami Galaxy. Fantastic animation and a good "how it could of happened if things went different" sort of story. It's one of those anime's that funimation streams the day after it air's in japan, so there's currently only two episodes, so we'll have to wait till we put it on the poll. But it's still really good, there's a trailer for it on youtube.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favorite Character

HunterXDante - Nov 5, 2009

15 by Anotherfan »»
May 2, 2012 5:28 PM

» Favorite AMV's

monk1213 - Nov 28, 2009

35 by Anotherfan »»
May 2, 2012 5:25 PM

» Yu-Gi-Oh discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tibbers - Dec 22, 2009

590 by TH3GADFLY »»
Feb 22, 2011 1:02 PM

» Anime Name Game ( 1 2 )

monk1213 - May 23, 2010

62 by Otherwise-six »»
Oct 26, 2010 7:14 AM

» 2010-2011 Schedule; anything you want us to change?

rideWARRIOR - Sep 23, 2010

19 by Otherwise-six »»
Oct 8, 2010 7:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.