Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 31, 2008 4:55 PM

Mar 2008
Yey!!!! (True Tears ending don't click if you haven't watch the ending.)

I'm really happy, sorry for id and LolitaDecay.
chichiriNoDaMar 31, 2008 5:22 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 31, 2008 8:32 PM

Jan 2008
:whispers to LolitaDecay: he likes hiromi! should we brainwash him to like noe XD
Mar 31, 2008 9:05 PM

Mar 2008
Hahahahaha yeah I love Hiromi cause I'm a sucker for quiet type. I also adore mysterious personality, I'm not a fond of free spirited, but I think they are entertaining. Hahahahaha LoL I've decided since the first ep that I like Hiromi better.
Apr 1, 2008 12:35 AM

Jan 2008
yea, cause that's the only episode where you get to see hiromi half naked :P
Apr 1, 2008 6:26 AM

Mar 2008
LoL I couldn't even remember the scene you're talking about.

Anyways what anime you're looking forward to see?
Apr 1, 2008 7:51 AM

Jan 2008
aww how could you..
hmm.. i'm really interested in allison & lillia, it reminds me of last exile
Apr 1, 2008 5:56 PM

Sep 2007
personal forum of id and chichiri ahaha....ok joking aside....i have nothing to say, i'm just being random :)
Apr 1, 2008 6:14 PM

Mar 2008
Hahahahaha randomness is endless. Well soaring, are you going to follow any series from the new lineup?
Apr 2, 2008 6:51 AM

Mar 2008
id said:
aww how could you..
hmm.. i'm really interested in allison & lillia, it reminds me of last exile

Ah.... I might check this one out. Allison & Lilia, this is the one about airplanes right?
Apr 2, 2008 6:57 AM

Jan 2008
yes yes! planes!! i love planes! it's adapted from the same author of kino no tabi, so the story should be ok, i hope :D
Apr 2, 2008 1:40 PM

Sep 2007
actually I haven't watch any of the anime your discussing.....as for new anime.....i don't know, i'm quite random with anime. If it catches my eye, I watch it. I'm pretty sure that 90% of the anime I'm watching at the moment is not new. Some of it is older and some more recent, but its not that new. Unless you count Shana II and Bleach, which are airing now.

edit: you can call me Joanna, or Jo :)
Apr 2, 2008 9:53 PM

Jan 2008
don't worry jo, you can discuss old animes too :D *looks at joanna's list* oh you're watching lucky star!
btw, allison and lillia starts airing today (4/3), along with xxx holic kei, macross frontier, kurenai and to love-ru, don't miss it :)
Apr 3, 2008 8:21 PM

Sep 2007
I heard Lucky Star does a lot of parodies, but I'm finding it a bit dull....... >____<
I haven't given up on it yet....going to watch a few more episodes before the finial verdict. Is xxx holic kei the sequel to xxx holic anime? I haven't watched either, but I have read the first volume of the manga. Its alright, just a bit too episodic for my tastes. I prefer other Clamp manga over it. Although I have to admit, Yuko/Yuuko is a really interesting character :D
Apr 3, 2008 8:36 PM

Mar 2008
Hi Jo!!!! Same here after watching the first ep of LS I gave up. I find it too bland and pointless. Hahahaha but my friend told me that after episode 4 it'll get better. And if you happen to pass ep4 tell me if it's ok.

I haven't read xxxholic but I want to watch the anime. Although I find the art too weird especially the slender, long limbs, hands, neck etc..... But again my friend told me it's elegant in it's own way.
Apr 3, 2008 10:19 PM

Sep 2007
i've only watched up till episode 2....the second episode is a lot better then the first, but it's still pointless.
I'm ok with the art of xxx holic....just the story doesn't seem to have much of a plot. It *may* have one latter on, but I wouldn't know. I may give it another chance latter on, since it suppose to cross over with tsubasa a lot. But at the moment, its not high on my priority list. Too much good manga out there :P
Funny thing is, the first time I read tsubasa I hated it, so it may be the same thing with holic. Now I'm hooked on tsubasa ^^
Apr 3, 2008 10:53 PM

Jan 2008
then maybe you'll be hooked on to xxx holic XD

chichiriNoDa said:

I haven't read xxxholic but I want to watch the anime. Although I find the art too weird especially the slender, long limbs, hands, neck etc..... But again my friend told me it's elegant in it's own way.

yes! that's the style i like and the main reason why i like clamp ^^
Apr 3, 2008 11:15 PM

Mar 2008
@Jo, how's Tsubasa?

@id, you like those kinda style? Sorry to say this but I don't quite like it. It's just to awkward and unproportion and that ticks me off. But I love CLAMPS other works like CCS, Shirahime-Syo, X/1999 and Chobits these were good.
Apr 4, 2008 9:14 AM

Jan 2008
hahha, yea, i like that style, i like CCS's style too but those long legs looks kinda cool ^^;
Apr 4, 2008 10:06 AM

Sep 2007
The main reason for my interest in tsubasa is because of sakura and syoaran. When I heard they were bringing back the characters in an alternate universe, I knew I had to read it. I was disappointed at first, because in the first volume sakura is introduced and then she's put to sleep. Since she's my favorite character, I felt cheated. Then the plot seemed a little too over done and episodic. With a group of three travelers plus the sleeping sakura going around different worlds to collect her feathers. Luckily for me, I watched a bit of the anime and it got me interested again. So I looked up some latter chapters online and I was surprised to find that Sakura awakens in volume two and latter on she becomes more like her CCS counterpart. Plus I love the over the top plot twists and drama that latter volumes develop. The art style is the same as holic.
I'm starting to think that it's an issue Clamp has with some of their manga. They start off really boring or pointless, but give it another volume and two and it gets better.
As for Clamp, I think they're pretty good, but not "OH MY GOD!!! ITS A CLAMP MANGA MUST READ IT!!! THEY ARE THE BEST!!!" haha....they have a lot of raving fan and I can see why, but I think that they are not THE best, just one of the best mangaka out there. Waste Yuu is another that I place up there with Clamp as one of the best.
Apr 4, 2008 5:20 PM

Mar 2008
Wow Jo, thanks for the info! I might check this one out. Since I love CCS I might like this one as well. Question though.... does Sakura in Tsubasa also have staff or ability or something?

Yeah Clamp are one of the best and Watase too!
Apr 4, 2008 11:09 PM

Sep 2007
As far as I have seen, she does have some special abilities. But alas she does not have a wand like in CCS. I'll give you a quick list of all the abilities I have seen in TRC so far...

Premonition:Like in CCS, TRC Sakura has the gift of foresight, we are shown this in the first volume and then again in much later volumes. In the first volume she sees what will happen just before it does and latter on, her premonition plays an important role in the plot.

Luck: This is new, as I don't recall CCS sakura having the incredible luck TRC sakura has. And by incredible luck I mean incredible....in volume three, she rolls the winning dice consecutively, freaking out everyone who sees her at it. This power is referred by one of the characters (Chu' nyan) as resulting from the fact that she is a favourite of the gods.

Wings:This is the power that Sakura releases that the beginning of volume one that puts the whole story into motion. Her wings are also her soul and they seem to be incredibly powerful. The mysterious main antagonists appear to covet this power and call it the power to span dimensions, i believe.

Sakura's Feathers: The fragmented pieces of her wings, lets just say these things are really powerful. Often the group must battle whomever is possessing one, for the feather empowers whomever holds it. And the cool thing about them is that their powers vary from world to world.

as far as I have read these are all the powers TRC sakura has, she appears to have really strong magic, but as of yet, she is unable to use it in any way that CCS sakura has. She also starts off really passive and after further reading this is explained to be the effect of her loosing her wings/soul/memories. She becomes progressively more like CCS sakura as she gains more feathers.

I'm just going to warn you through, the story starts off really innocent, with instances where the story shows where its heading. But later on, it becomes really heavy with anguish and I don't know if you'll enjoy that, as CCS was never so heavy with anguish as TRC becomes. As for me, I love stories with tragedy....so I was really surprise with how tragic TRC becomes latter on.....i think thats what got me really hooked. But I do hope it ends on a happy note....as much as I love my tragedy, I don't really like tragic endings as much as I like happy endings. Although it really depends on the story, sometimes a certain ending just fits. Personally, I don't want to see sakura's and syoaran's story end on a tragic note.

wow.....i sure can rant...lol. ^^; Hope that helps you.....
Oh and I've heard that Imadoki is similar to Hana Yori Dango yet very different...have you read both? I've read up till 11 of HYD, so I'm wondering how they are different and how they are similar. No spoilers please :)
soaring_wingsApr 5, 2008 7:52 PM
Apr 4, 2008 11:28 PM

Mar 2008
Wow Jo thanks for the info. It sounds really cool, all of Sakura's power. Although I sometimes hate tragic endings. Oh yeah, I hope it ends on a happy note too!

Actually my friend who have read Hana Yori thought that Imadoki will be like a copycat of Hana Yori. But she said, only the gardening club idea was similar. I recommend Imadoki and I can assure you Imadoki and Yori are the different cause Imadoki doesn't focus on gardening. It focuses about friendship etc.
Apr 5, 2008 6:25 PM

Sep 2007
thanks ^^
and since its only 5 volumes, I was thinking of starting it sometime soon.....i have too many series that are reallly long....i need a good short one :D
where is id? he has disappeared....now this is the joanna and chichiri thread :P
Apr 5, 2008 7:08 PM

Mar 2008
Yup Imadoki is good. I think you'll like it!

I know!?!?! Where is id?

ID! ID! ID! ID! ID!!!!!!!!!!!!............. where R U ID?
Apr 5, 2008 8:40 PM

Jan 2008
hahahaha, i just don't know what to say cause i haven't watch imadoki, for hana yori, i didn't read the manga either, i just watch the taiwanese and japanese drama adapted from it ^^' but i did had fun reading through your post jo and chichiri ^^
Apr 5, 2008 8:54 PM

Mar 2008
Finally id is here! See me and Jo missed you.

You should read Imadoki it's great well if you like slice-of-life, high school romance, romantic/comedy and shojo genre. Sadly Imadoki doesn't have anime counterpart, I hope they make one someday.
Apr 5, 2008 9:04 PM

Jan 2008
lol, i missed you both too :D
just read through the sypnosis and it did sounded like hana yori XD i'm going to give it a try, i'll check out the stored later to see if they have it ^^
oh there's no anime yet? but to be honest, i like reading shoujo manga more than watching anime adapted from it
Apr 5, 2008 9:11 PM

Mar 2008
Yeah "Shoujo beat where the drama begins" as says in the Shojo Beat manga. Hahahahahahahahahahha we just love to laugh huh id!

Yup I definitely recommend Imadoki.
Apr 5, 2008 9:22 PM

Jan 2008
hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha
( we are really going to scare all the members away XD)
Apr 5, 2008 9:25 PM

Mar 2008
Hahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahhahahaahhaahahahahahahahha well I'm really glad you joined this club. By the way how did you end up finding this club?
Apr 5, 2008 9:30 PM

Jan 2008
i was reading lolitadecay's profile and came across this club :D
where is jo~~!! erm.. btw, i need to go for lunch :) see ya
Apr 5, 2008 9:33 PM

Sep 2007
I watched the HYD drama too.....it was really good. It was also the first japanese drama i saw, but i've only seen two so far. I haven't checked out the taiwanese adoption...what's it called? Meteor Gaiden/Garden? or am I just making that up? lol.
Apr 5, 2008 9:34 PM

Mar 2008
Oh is that so, thanks for lolitadecay! Now we have you here!

Well see you. And as always thanks for dropping by.

By the way if you don't mind where do you live? I guess in Asia or somewhere Europe?

Hi Jo I'm just about to ask where your whereabouts is.
Yeah Jo I think the Taiwan version of HYD was Meteor Garden. Sakura well know this.
Apr 5, 2008 9:52 PM

Sep 2007
yeah i heard about it years ago, so i was not sure if i was remembering correctly. Now that I've had the title confirmed, I probably start watching today or tomorrow :D
Apr 5, 2008 9:56 PM

Mar 2008
My cousin liked Meteor Garden. As for me I never seen it, I more into watching Korean dramas.
Apr 5, 2008 10:23 PM

Sep 2007
speaking of Korea, i'm reading one manwha right now, The Queen's Knight. Its pretty good, but the story telling and art is a little less polished then other manwha and manga that i've read.
One good manwha that I've read a bit of is Snow Drop.....i want to eventually buy the books.
Apr 5, 2008 10:34 PM

Mar 2008
I've never read any manwha, well I read the synopsis of Queen's Knight. I've heard Snow Drop before and saw it in the store but I never thought it's a manwha.
Apr 5, 2008 11:15 PM

Jan 2008
oh i live in malaysia, it's somewhere around the equator located beside indonesia, thailand and singapore.
yes Jo, watch meteor garden ^^ the acting (F4) is bad somehow but it's still worth watching :D
i haven't read queen's knight and snow drops either :(
Apr 5, 2008 11:20 PM

Sep 2007
@chichri: i could be mistaken but i'm pretty sure its manwha
@ id:i'm going to give it a try tomorrow, so i'll tell you how i find it. That's if I can find it online ^^
Apr 6, 2008 8:57 PM

Sep 2007
Just finished watching the first episode of Meteor Garden and I'm surprised at how closely it follows the actual manga plot line. As for the casting, its alright. I actually prefer the Rui casting on MG, then the Japanese adaptation. Its also slower paced compared to the Japanese drama, which I also enjoyed.
The only problem I saw in this episode was the five minute argument between Tsukushi's parents, which was quite unnecessary. Also the fact that the names have changed is taking some getting use to. Otherwise, I quite enjoyed this episode :)
There was also some random LoL moments, like when Tsukushi (i still can't remember the MG name) told her dad that he should stop going to the toilet during supper time.
Apr 6, 2008 9:12 PM

Mar 2008
Isn't the meteor garden cast were consist of F4 group or something? Well nice to hear you're enjoying it. Some of the viewers in the Philippines likes the Japanese version more.
Apr 6, 2008 11:00 PM

Sep 2007
i like them both ^^
each has its own merits, i've currently finished watching episode 3.
MAL should start listing dramas lol :D
watching anything interesting?
Apr 7, 2008 1:41 AM

Jan 2008
i finished watching bara no nai hanaya and it was great :D
Apr 8, 2008 11:50 AM

Sep 2007
i read the synopsis from the link you posted and it does sound good, it also sounds like an older person's drama and I mean that as a compliment. ^^
Asian dramas tend to be much better then American ones in my opinion, since american ones don't know when to end (i'm talking to you daytime soap operas! lol)

Strangely enough, thats the same problem with american comics versus asian comics. The first just don't know when to call it an end. Not to mention that asian comics are far more diverse :D

oh no.....i've turn this into another long rant of mine....haha ^^;;
Apr 8, 2008 7:34 PM

Mar 2008
Everyone watch Itazura na Kiss, it's funny and great.

Hahahaha Jo I know what you're saying about american drama and comics.
Apr 8, 2008 7:49 PM

Sep 2007
Itazura na Kiss, is that an anime?
Apr 8, 2008 8:10 PM

Mar 2008
Yeah it's a new anime this season and it was adapted from the 90's manga with the same name.
Apr 9, 2008 2:19 AM

Jan 2008
if i've not mistaken there was a drama for this long long time ago
Apr 9, 2008 7:12 AM

Oct 2007
what is Itazura na Kiss?
Apr 9, 2008 3:23 PM

Mar 2008
Ne0_sPaRr0w28 said:
what is Itazura na Kiss?

Itazura na Kiss is a shoujo manga that was adapted into drama and anime. The story revoles around Kotoko and Naoki.

The story starts off with Kotoko giving a love letter confessing her love for Naoki but he refuses to accept it. Then things happen...... Just read the summary in here or watch it it's really good!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Introduce Yourself. ( 1 2 3 )

chichiriNoDa - Mar 30, 2008

134 by GothicLust »»
May 5, 2010 12:27 AM

» Random stuff you wanna post

k3im0 - May 28, 2008

5 by chichiriNoDa »»
Sep 20, 2008 9:30 PM

» What is you're ideal story?

chichiriNoDa - Mar 30, 2008

14 by Zelos64 »»
Sep 19, 2008 4:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.