Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2019 6:50 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I thought this would be a heartwarming Mowgli-like story but... what the heck? I think it's better to put it in the Dementia genre not Psychological

The beggining seems to be pretty straightfoward, she was abandoned, raised by the wolf whose gave her other human kids to eat, but then he eats her and everything stop making sense, maybe it was intentionally senseless or it's a metaphor, if it is a metaphor I already have some theories but there is no way to confirm anything
Oct 15, 2021 4:22 PM

Apr 2017
IMO, the manga is a pretty clear allegory for childhood sexual abuse.

It is hinted that Laura's mother left the family after Laura was born (because had she died, I imagine Laura wouldn't have emphasized the "abandoned me" part), leaving Laura with her father. He molested her, but throughout all this it seems that Laura never fell for his deception and was always aware that he was a monster.

Laura consuming the dismembered girl/doll under her father's eyes may be a metaphor for the fact that she never got to have a good childhood, that she was forced to mature as a result of her father's abuse.

And at the end, she manages to break free from the abuse and is "reborn", leaving it behind — whether the murder of her father was real or metaphorical, is up to the reader's interpretation.
Apr 1, 2:57 AM
Feb 2020
This manga was a great metaphor for child abuse with alluring visuals. The wolf is obviously the abuser who is grooming Laura.
Sep 2, 11:03 PM

Jul 2016
Disturbing with a distinct art style, but as an allegory it's pretty striking.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.