Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2020 9:31 PM

May 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That smile Yume and Laura was worth the episode.

I didn't like Raki at all sadly for me the worst series of the franchise (the music was great but that was for all the characters we met in the previous franchises)
I like to post in manga forum when I feel it is worth it, so people think. "Shit, is her again" or something.

People asked me where I read certain thing but the rules say no telling where did you read so maybe I am too boring for not saying? Or salty because you didn't check my profile that says don't ask because I hate people to ghost me after that. I love learning languages so maybe I did not read the manga in English.
Mar 30, 2020 11:27 PM

Jun 2008
Yeah, this is my lowest score of any Aikatsu entry (6/10). But it was a good finale, and it's not like I'm about to stop. Regardless of its faults, this was still something I really needed to shine some light on some pretty dark days. So I'm happy I watched it and glad this train is still chugging.

Also, kind of crazy to think that at this point Ichigo is at or near 18 years old.
Mar 31, 2020 3:19 AM

May 2018
So its all over huh.
For me it was simply a great nostalgia trip, its fun to hear some of the old classic songs again after so long!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Mar 31, 2020 11:44 AM

Nov 2012
I wish I could say I like On Parade and Raki more but I didn't, still a slightly sad episode.
Apr 2, 2020 11:06 PM
Jul 2018
It's sad the worlds seperated. I wanted to see more and more collaborations with all the characters from the Aikatsu! franchise!! I wonder why it ended with 25 episodes. All the other seasons were at least twice as long. Is it because of the coronavirus affecting sales?
Apr 3, 2020 3:32 PM

Jun 2008
Luchia said:
It's sad the worlds seperated. I wanted to see more and more collaborations with all the characters from the Aikatsu! franchise!! I wonder why it ended with 25 episodes. All the other seasons were at least twice as long. Is it because of the coronavirus affecting sales?

On Parade's length was likely set in stone before COVID-19 became a thing. On Parade has always felt like a filler season to me despite this being an anime original series. Hardly any new characters, only a few new songs, and a lot of reused animations for concert scenes (2-3 per episode) suggest the project was pretty low budget. My guess is they only made this to fill a gap in production to keep the franchise alive and prevent fans from forgetting about it until whatever is really new can come along.
Apr 4, 2020 9:24 AM

Nov 2019
Luchia said:

Well, on parade is still going on with the ONA dream story, it even already got subbed. Why is it not listed on MAL, again?
Apr 4, 2020 3:57 PM

Nov 2009
Looks like it's the actual end for Aikatsu.

(besides the ONA with a new MC which I think happens in between the main MC's events)

TBH, I still wondered how Raki's onee-chan was able to make a system to merge parallel worlds... this would thing would be detained by every single government in all the worlds, but yet none of the government took any stance against it...

Cause this system could technically allow them to obtain shit tons of resources by merging parts of the world to double, triple or even up to infinite resources. (this system is on par with Time Travel tech)

___ ___ ___

This was a nice collab-series of all previous Aikatsu Idols tho, since I really missed certain characters from before and without this series we probably won't be able to have seen them perform again.

Was really touching to see the girls going back to their world one-by-one saying goodbye... since they're not sure if they'll ever see each other again.

Also, the ending suggested most ppls in the world forgot about the merge event, and only the main characters with the ribbons somewhat remembers, especially since their ribbons apparently phantomized? (IE: not in the actual world, but the ribbons is in between worlds, thus letting some of the girls remember the events)

___ ___ ___

And yes, Parade's episode count was already up since last year, so it had nothing to do with the virus thing.

___ ___ ___

And They're apparently doing some new thing, which I have no idea what it's going to be about... since the trailer showed something that looked like a "RL" device for cards and nothing about the actual anime (if it's an anime)

Feels like it might be a promo series about a new arcade game device...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Nov 28, 2020 6:51 PM

Jul 2017
Can't believe the journey ends here for me. I left this episode hanging for so long, I just couldn't bring myself to end it. Can't believe this is really goodbye :(

It's been a wonderful, nostalgic crossover. There was potential for so much more, but I felt so blessed with many of the new interactions and performances.

Like many fans, I definitely had my problems with On Parade tho. My main problem was definitely Raki. I appreciated the purpose they gave her character, and she grew to be surprisingly charming, but she held this back too much. As a crossover, the last thing to do is to bring so much of the focus to not just one character, but a completely new character. Her character is a nice, convenient approach to this project, but no one really came into this for Raki. I'm glad that I'm quite fond of her, because she would have really dampened the experience if I wasn't lol

My last problem is the 3 performance quota that eventually settled in. It was lovely to see many of my favourite performances again, but they were far from smoothly thrown in. Many of them really went against flow, and some episodes would have definitely been better off without the quota. Raki worsened the problem, especially with her song already being the OP lol

That's about it for my problems tho. This was just too much of a treat as a huge fan of the franchise. There are many episodes packed into this that I already can't wait to rewatch ^^

Thank you for everything Aikatsu!

Aug 5, 2021 6:21 AM

Feb 2020
Very emotional finale. I'm sure one day they'll see each other again.

Overall, this was a great good season and much better than Aikatsu Friends!: Kagayaki no Jewel. In fact, this is now my favorite Aikatsu season.

And the same goes with Raki, who became my favorite Aikatsu character. I love her personality.

However, I felt sorry for Wakabe. She would have deserved more screen time than she had.

You are going to have a great future, Raki! Do your best! :)

SerafosMar 7, 10:08 AM
Jul 28, 2023 9:04 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
The worst Aikatsu series for me, can't bring myself to enjoy it at all just skipped and fast watching it till the end,sadly it just 4/10
Apr 1, 2:35 AM

May 2019
I will say this again, Parade was supposed to be AiFriends second season. With Wakaba forming Friends unit with Raki but also has both Aine and Mio grow as their senpai, meeting various idols from different schools just like Parade for 50 episodes. I would absolutely give full score if that's what they should have intended in the first place. I was quite sad after watching the last episode of Parade only showing Wakaba just about to make Friends unit, fuck this! Parade is actually very wonderful but maybe they could add more new performances, not too tied with 3 performances per episode, develop Raki's character more than just Bandai's self insert without that annoying lucky phrase and more events in between. Having the main characters gathering around the gate literally broke me with the realization I was really close on ending such wonderful show like Aikatsu forever. At least I still have the last 6 ONA to look forward.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aikatsu on Parade! Episode 17 Discussion

Nemesis_Ranka - Feb 3, 2020

4 by Fluffius »»
Jul 26, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu on Parade! Episode 24 Discussion

Nemesis_Ranka - Mar 22, 2020

6 by VivaceRex »»
Apr 1, 1:50 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu on Parade! Episode 23 Discussion

Nemesis_Ranka - Mar 16, 2020

10 by VivaceRex »»
Apr 1, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu on Parade! Episode 22 Discussion

Nemesis_Ranka - Mar 9, 2020

5 by VivaceRex »»
Apr 1, 12:21 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu on Parade! Episode 20 Discussion

Nemesis_Ranka - Feb 23, 2020

5 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 31, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.