Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2023 4:30 AM

Nov 2015
Fun movie!
I definitely had an enjoyable time. The pacing is a little quick, but you have to keep in mind that the source material was only a volume long. I think the action scenes in particular were pretty flashy and were choreographed in an entertaining way.

I suppose my only complaint would be that sometimes it'd be a little bit jarring when a character who was important who was made with a 3D model would interact with a side character drawn in 2D, but other than that the visuals delivered.
Aug 26, 2023 9:49 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I found it to be a fine movie, the story was fairly simple and felt a little dragged on at times but it was nice to have quite a bit of focus on the old man. And his interactions with Beelzebub were pretty fun to keep up with. Chief felt like a third-wheeler for most of the time though, lol. But, I must say, Utopia is a banger! 

Animation quality wasn't bad at all, I felt. Few jarring moments but it was well done in general, imo.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 21, 6:02 AM

Jan 2009
i watch the tv recap of this movie already so fun movie
Mar 21, 7:25 AM
May 2021
Just finished watching the tv recap , was a fun movie!!
Mar 24, 6:26 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to jas-samaaa
Just finished watching the tv recap , was a fun movie!!
@jas-samaaa What's that "TV recap"? Do you mean the film was edited into a few TV episodes, or that there's an episode summarising the film?

edit: Thanks!
Rei_IIIMar 24, 6:54 AM
Mar 24, 6:28 AM
May 2021
Reply to Rei_III
@jas-samaaa What's that "TV recap"? Do you mean the film was edited into a few TV episodes, or that there's an episode summarising the film?

edit: Thanks!
@Rei_III basically the series currently airing ep 1-6 was the movie adapting the manga, then ep 7 onwards is brand brand new content.
Apr 4, 4:32 AM

Oct 2018
Watched the TV version of this as some others above, straight forward and simple but never dumb or stupid. It seems to adapt the entire thing too, so for the next arc, we are going with original content or from Toriyama's drafts?

As always, impressive CG from Kamikaze Douga, with this definitely being the best from them, atleast out of the ones I have watched. The grainy texture is very nice too.

More topics from this board

» Movie Version Vs. TV series Vs. Game (Demo Available)

Shining_Falcon - Mar 21

14 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 12, 11:52 AM

» Anyone help??

Haroldinho07 - Dec 11, 2023

3 by Shining_Falcon »»
Mar 21, 8:37 PM

» The "SAND LAND" movie version releases on Blu-ray & DVD in Japan on May 29, English subtitles listed

deg - Jan 30

0 by deg »»
Jan 30, 11:50 PM

» New Trailer and Cast

ryzxgum - Apr 2, 2023

3 by deg »»
Aug 14, 2023 12:01 AM

» Akira Toriyama's SAND LAND Manga Gets Anime Film on August 18

deg - Mar 21, 2023

8 by FMmatron »»
Apr 3, 2023 1:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.