Forum Settings
Forums

'Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai' Unveils Additional Cast, Staff, Theme Songs, Second Promo

New
Feb 7, 4:12 AM
Oct 2022
The official website of the Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai (Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night) television anime revealed additional cast, staff, theme songs, and a second promotional video on Wednesday. The anime is scheduled to premiere on April 7 at 1:00 a.m. on Tokyo MX, followed by BS11, Kansai TV, AT-X, and HTB Hokkaido TV.

Cast
Miko: Sumire Uesaka (Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!)
Mello Setou: Miho Okasaki (Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken)
Momoko Yanagi: Yukina Shutou (Liar Liar)
Akari Suzumura: Sally Amaki (Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko!)

Staff
Sub-character Design: Chiaki Nakajima (Maoujou de Oyasumi), Akari
Costume Design: Shino Kuzuhara, Shouko Nagasawa (Fairy Ranmaru: Anata no Kokoro Otasuke Shimasu character design)
Prop Design: Miyu Hattori ("Oshi no Ko" animation director)
Art Director: Yuuji Kaneko (Tengoku Daimakyou)
Art Design: Akihiro Hirasawa (Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia)
Color Design: Kei Ishiguro (Yesterday wo Utatte)
Director of Photography: Takafumi Kuwano (Kawaii dake ja Nai Shikimori-san)
Editing: Kashiko Kimura (Sousou no Frieren)

Singer-songwriter KanoeRana (Tonikaku Kawaii) is performing the opening theme "Irodori," and singer Anna Tsurushima will perform the ending theme "1 Nichi wa 25 Jikan." Both theme songs are previewed in the promotional video below.

Ryouhei Takeshita (Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun) is directing the anime at Doga Kobo. Yuuki Yaku (Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun original creator) is handling the script and series composition. Junichirou Taniguchi (Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai) is designing the characters.

A manga adaptation illustrated by Niko Fujii is scheduled to begin serialization on Kodansha's Magazine pocket website and app in April 2024.

PV 2

Source: Comic Natalie
Hyperion_PSFeb 7, 11:03 AM
Feb 7, 6:49 AM

Mar 2013
Fascinating. Looks like girls seeking their own dreams again, much like idols.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 7, 7:24 AM

May 2021
Reads the synopsis :
Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai follows a girl who spends her nights wandering Shibuya, a place "overflowing with identity." Unable to become anyone, the girl's life begins to change following a special encounter.

Wait ... wait , hold up . Where have I seen this before , oh yes ..... it's a copy of Call of the Night if you remove the vampire part and put some girls hugging or not in the cover art . Not a very ''original'' anime if you catch my drift .

Jokes aside , before someone misunderstands me I am not the kind of person who can't watch something unless it is super original but I think Doga Kobo could have written a better story and not take the easy route when creating this .... you know the usual ... throw a bunch of cute girls (with a possible yuri bait) , put some comedy , rinse and repeat.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Feb 7, 10:09 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to Yubisoft
Reads the synopsis :
Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai follows a girl who spends her nights wandering Shibuya, a place "overflowing with identity." Unable to become anyone, the girl's life begins to change following a special encounter.

Wait ... wait , hold up . Where have I seen this before , oh yes ..... it's a copy of Call of the Night if you remove the vampire part and put some girls hugging or not in the cover art . Not a very ''original'' anime if you catch my drift .

Jokes aside , before someone misunderstands me I am not the kind of person who can't watch something unless it is super original but I think Doga Kobo could have written a better story and not take the easy route when creating this .... you know the usual ... throw a bunch of cute girls (with a possible yuri bait) , put some comedy , rinse and repeat.

@Yubisoft Based on the trailer, the characters seem to have more going on in their lives than just wandering around night-time Shibuya. I see band instruments, manga drawing, painting and even some idols (?), so the show could be about different people pursuing different kinds of dreams that normally would not be put together in one anime.

Maybe there are lots of shows like that already out there and I just don't know about them, but I find the idea interesting.

I could also be completely wrong and it's just a simple show about cute girls hanging out.

Regardless, I'll probably check this out, it looks really shiny.
Feb 7, 10:28 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Yubisoft
Reads the synopsis :

@Yubisoft I don’t think that the topic of liberating oneself through getting to know the city at night is so narrow that all such shows can be called rip-offs of each other. But yeah, I'm also not a big fan of ideas for original shows that sound like an adaptation of the usual moe manga or LN (hi Hitoki!). I'm also not a fan of suspecting yuri bait in any all-female show, but compared to past original Doga Kobo shows, this really looks like their standard CGDCT manga adaptation.
Feb 8, 2:36 AM

May 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@Yubisoft I don’t think that the topic of liberating oneself through getting to know the city at night is so narrow that all such shows can be called rip-offs of each other. But yeah, I'm also not a big fan of ideas for original shows that sound like an adaptation of the usual moe manga or LN (hi Hitoki!). I'm also not a fan of suspecting yuri bait in any all-female show, but compared to past original Doga Kobo shows, this really looks like their standard CGDCT manga adaptation.
RobertBobert said:
I'm also not a fan of suspecting yuri bait in any all-female show

Me neither .... when I know the source material but when we are talking about original anime , nobody can deny no matter if someone like it or not that studios use such cheap tactics in cover arts and trailers to attract viewers especially when internally they don't have confidence in the story that they created for an anime . And I call it cheap because they know that it is the easiest way to attract viewers nowadays . Even Bones did it despite having extremely good reputation and we saw what ''good'' results it brought....

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Feb 8, 2:41 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Yubisoft
RobertBobert said:
I'm also not a fan of suspecting yuri bait in any all-female show

Me neither .... when I know the source material but when we are talking about original anime , nobody can deny no matter if someone like it or not that studios use such cheap tactics in cover arts and trailers to attract viewers especially when internally they don't have confidence in the story that they created for an anime . And I call it cheap because they know that it is the easiest way to attract viewers nowadays . Even Bones did it despite having extremely good reputation and we saw what ''good'' results it brought....
@Yubisoft Are you talking about Rouge or their girls with guns franchise? As for the second one, it was a pretty moe-ish show aimed at a specific audience. Although the very first still had some boundaries. But otherwise, yes, yuri bait has long become a cheap commercial tool, which alone is enough to cause simps to unreasonably inflate their ratings.

More topics from this board

» Webtoon 'The Beginning After The End' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

31 by -Noir-- »»
2 hours ago

» 'Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu' Announces Movie Adaptation

Vindstot - Sep 29

20 by middle_pickup »»
2 hours ago

» Light Novel 'Blade & Bastard' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

9 by Rimuru0001 »»
6 hours ago

» Light Novel 'Eris no Seihai' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

10 by uncleqrow »»
6 hours ago

» 'Zenshuu.' Unveils Additional Cast, Second Teaser Promo for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Oct 18

6 by MichaelJackson »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.