Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 26, 2022 4:13 PM
Mar 2021
It maybe not everyone taste, but i really like this show honestly.

I like they have ironic backstory no matter how annoying their charracter.
Jun 26, 2022 9:24 PM

Jul 2013
It has a rather old school Japanese type of comedy. Plenty of obscure references too that you probably won't get unless you're Japanese. Unless you're the type that enjoy this kind of humor then you won't get it. The manga is better because the pacing of the jokes were faster but the anime made it up with voice acting. Compared to some other comedies this season, this anime actually managed to create fresh takes on a one-note gimmick (Alvin bad haha) so it doesn't feel to repetitive compared to let's say, the dozens or so mama Chika jokes in Kaguya.

It's certainly not the type of anime that can overcome the short attention span of most anime viewers. It's the same reason why most niche shows (eg Dance Dance Danseur this season) have little following.
Jun 27, 2022 1:13 PM

Aug 2018
Well, I almost dropped this but I enjoyed more than I thought. Very weak start, but it gets better with every episode. 6/10 for me, it was funny enough and kinda unique. I have to agree with some comments that some of the jokes are very japanesse.
Jun 27, 2022 2:26 PM
Jan 2021
It’s called sarcasm!!! And while sarcasm is the best comedy, many people just don’t understand it!!!
Jun 28, 2022 9:41 AM
Jun 2020
8/10 for me, my most enjoyable Show on this season, not gonna lie, even i rewarch it at least 2 time in a day wheter the new eps release, the only downside of this Show is the plot and character development & relationship, also the gag didn't get the most of audience, simply just because they have different humor(because this mostly of user give bad rating. i understand it as well since i feel so tho except the gag), that's all, beside that, all is perfect, this type of comedy is really on my taste, and it was a fantasy, which my most liked genre, im laughing everytime i watching this...
zIlverKitsuneJun 28, 2022 9:47 AM
Jun 28, 2022 11:32 PM
Jan 2015
As someone who hates abuse humor a lot, I unexpectedly found this anime very enjoyable. It is repetitive, can feel monotonous at times and the story certainly goes nowhere. However, something about wanting to see how Karla destroys the social norm of their world was oddly more engaging than I expected. I just figured I would hate her as much as Alvin, but something about her oddly desperate nature to make the world around her change in the most uncomfortable ways was unironically intriguing.

My main "bothered" stance on abuse humor comedy stems from it coming out of nowhere, such as an innocent male character just doing something and because he did something "the wrong way" in the eyes of the female, gets a punishment scene that can be shotgunned to hell or be as long as 1-2 minutes. Sometimes, even as a running gag throughout the entire episode, an entire season or even the entire series. But, Alvin is just borderline stupid for most of the anime, though does show much more common decency than Karla. He is the maximum level of a beginner, but was unable to become an intermediate adventurer. You pity the guy, yet at the same time, the way he sets himself up is one of the very rare cases where abuse humor works.

If I had to pick any scene I felt was a bit much, it could have been the one where Alvin was left behind bars. Maria understandably did not know what Alvin meant, but since Karla was on the knowing side, it felt sad seeing the two of them leave him behind. But I got a bit of a chuckle at Alvin's comments, so my emotional state was neutral at the end of it all.

If big stories are your thing, pick one of the other one hundred thousand anime then(?) lol. I swear too, lots of other anime have a shtick where the female lead is always hating on the male lead, yet now it is a problem? Color me speechless. Well, not really. Always felt very strange to me that this anime was hated, as if this has not been a norm in anime ever since the accursed Love Hina popularized it.

Don't Hurt Me, My Healer! began at 5.6 and ended at 6.3, so clearly people finally realized it was just as "generic" as they thought it would be. Likewise, some anime can plummet in score because people overrated it, such as Spy x Family dropping from 9.1 to 8.9. Though, I do think that anime is okay so far myself, I did understand that people gave it a score of 10 after just one episode and I find that a bit silly. I personally like to indulge in my anime for at least three episodes before I harshly judge it unless it has a notable exception in poor writing that I feel is as predictable as me being aware I will wake up the next morning.

That aside, I enjoyed Don't Hurt Me, My Healer! a fair amount. I am very critical, so that opinion is strong coming from me. I actually recommend it to those who want a fantasy world in turmoil with social norms breaking left and right. Also the first anime I ever watched to drop an Engrish F-Bomb.
Jul 3, 2022 10:23 AM
May 2017
They lack understanding what this anime suppose, expecting bigger plot or anything like which never work, the rest are expecting comedy gold on this format straight man and dummy which again same issue
Jul 3, 2022 2:26 PM

Feb 2008
"What makes this bad?"
answer: Nothing, it's actually great, it's just aimed at a specific sense of humour
Aug 15, 2022 10:41 AM

Apr 2013
no season 2 and too short season 1
Aug 17, 2022 9:51 PM

Mar 2013
It only shows how most people didn't get the joke or the point of this series. That's all.

I think it is called being "uncultured" or whatever lmao
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 18, 2022 1:15 PM
Aug 2015
I thought it was decent. I struggled a lot to get through the first few episodes but once I realized the whole gimmick, it was more enjoyable. Most people have high expectations when it comes to anime nowadays, expecting compelling plot or well developed/ing characters or something along those lines. The shows where episodes are very self contained aren’t as popular unless it involves slapstick comedy, romance, or SoL.

So a show wouldn’t score well when it involves a level 100 in uselessness character who can’t accomplish anything and, despite hating it, relies on their partner, who also enjoys making this painfully obvious by spurning his existence, and while doing so overcomes the obstacles in a strange and random way that always somehow works out in the end, then they repeat this situation over and over again, but since it lacks a recurring cast some supporting characters would just disappear for a while and then reappear in the middle of the episode, not to mention that most episodes are actually two stories that are completely unrelated, so you can honestly swap some of them around and it wouldn’t affect the viewing much, and that the finale is a completely original story since the manga lacks an actual story they could end on, so you can assume that it probably won’t receive a second season.
But I’m only the best critic to have ever graced this plebeian thread, so I’ll just leave you with the wink of an angel. (=_O>€)
Aug 20, 2022 1:44 PM

Feb 2014
Hm, I couldn´t stand it, it´s a very annoying anime/comedy, just after 2 episodes the sensation of repetitiveness was hitting hard >.< Probably one of the worst I ever had. Although comedy is subjective, so... good that there are few people enjoying...
TechOtakuAug 20, 2022 1:47 PM
Sep 9, 2022 12:58 PM
Oct 2016
I rated it 9/10. This is a fresh concept. I am too tired all the isekai trash.
Nov 30, 2022 2:20 PM

Jan 2015
I fuckin' love manzai comedy and these characters have a wonderful dynamic. Karla is absolutely a troll though which will be funny for some, unfunny for others. I find those sorts of characters heaps funny, like a separate example would be Lucky☆Star's Konata.
Dec 15, 2022 8:28 AM
Jul 2018
NextUniverse said:
Score of <6.00, implying it is some kind of worthless thing of a seasonal.

I am not making this into a score thread, but I am genuinely curious as to why people don't like this anime lol a lot.

I personally find it one of the better things in this season

Westerners can't digest Japanese comedy, and also MAL scores are based on popularity, make this anime into a Konosuba spin-off and everyone wil nutl about it, hell, even if it was some kind of piss that has a popular franchise in the name will go like that.
Jan 1, 2023 2:20 AM
Feb 2020
Generally I don't judge a show based on just first episode. But this is one of those exceptions.

I am usually a fan of animes with all the tags that this show has. I don't mind eccentric characters as well. But I can't say why but this show ticked me off.

This is one of the most irritating first episode I have seen in a while. Infact I doubt I'll continue this show after the next episode (out of my belief that one should watch atleast 2 episodes out of 12 to judge whether to continue or not).

I feel quite a few people share this opinion about this show hence a lower score.

Another exception: I'll be scoring this show as 4/10 on the first episode basis. Scoring is something that I do after completion or near completion.
Jan 5, 2023 1:07 AM
May 2019
Just started watching it. It's very funny to me. I think I believe you're a child toucher and Nazi sympathizer if you dislike it. I give it 10/10.
Yui_Suzumiya69Jan 5, 2023 3:46 PM
Feb 4, 10:37 PM
Jan 2019
Reply to JustAnotherShiro
This kind of comedy being a miss for many people might be one thing. But then we also get a crowd of self-inserts who can't take their male lead being incredibly lame and the waifu being a brat with sole purpose of being annoying.
But I guess score will go up after season ends, as the people who watch till the end will usually give it more than 5.

And while I do enjoy this show, I'll probably give it a 6 myself, meaning that you average MAL-er will see it as a "bad" score.

goldzioch said:
NextUniverse said:
Score of <6.00, implying it is some kind of worthless thing of a seasonal.

I am not making this into a score thread, but I am genuinely curious as to why people don't like this anime lol a lot.

I personally find it one of the better things in this season

6 is above average just so you know
anime not having 9 or 8 doesnt mean people hate it
its ok and fun to watch but it aint a masterpiece

You are right. But MAL standards are what they are. For some reason people only score 7+ here, so it's correct to assume things below 7, not to mention below 6, are seen negatively.
@P_R
P_R said:
But then we also get a crowd of self-inserts who can't take their male lead being incredibly lame and the waifu being a brat with sole purpose of being annoying.

Yeah, that. (: This OK Boomer (who evdently can't get a grip on the Reply button :P started watching anime with Slayers, when girls were genki, not moe. The moepocalypse soon took over anime, and it's been that way for 30+ years now. From the "one-person manga and not a manga shop" artwork, I'm going with the manga being an intentional subversion of the genre, though not exactly in a mean way, relying on manzai.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2022

105 by Snedis »»
Feb 25, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29, 2022

16 by Pipo-tan »»
Feb 21, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2022

24 by Pipo-tan »»
Feb 16, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2022

26 by dhell26 »»
Feb 15, 7:47 AM

Poll: » Kono Healer, Mendokusai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2022

52 by Pipo-tan »»
Feb 5, 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.