Forums
New
Sep 5, 2023 11:33 PM
Nov 2017
Since this anime isn't an
or a
, the themes should be changed to a
and arguably Mythology. Afterall,
So having these as the themes is false and should be corrected. Just because it presents itself as something else for a twist doesn't mean it is that after all. Themes should be accurate to what it actually is.
Sep 5, 2023 11:46 PM
Aug 2022
time travel is kinda isekai plus the reveal that this anime takes place in the future is a plot twist, it wouldn't be one if we knew it from the start
Sep 5, 2023 11:59 PM

Jul 2015
The problem is that this series is being sold as an Isekai. Also, changing the theme would be a huge spoiler in itself.

Sep 6, 2023 12:23 AM
Nov 2017
Reply to Manta130
time travel is kinda isekai plus the reveal that this anime takes place in the future is a plot twist, it wouldn't be one if we knew it from the start
@Manta130 Isekai is traveling to another world or parallel universe. Exclusively something other than the place main character is from. Traveling through time simply isn't Isekai even by the loosest of definitions. Otherwise Steins;Gate, Dr. Stone, or Redo of Healer would be considered Isekai, which they simply aren't and neither is this.
Sep 6, 2023 12:32 AM
Nov 2017
Reply to Pieromysl
The problem is that this series is being sold as an Isekai. Also, changing the theme would be a huge spoiler in itself.
@Piromysl Something being a spoiler shouldn't affect accurate categorization. In reality, this shouldn't be an issue just because the advertising is different from what it actually is. The goal of accurate categorization isn't to help the marketing teams, but to inform the viewer, which these themes simply don't do.
Sep 6, 2023 1:12 AM
Aug 2022
leion247 said:
@Manta130 Isekai is traveling to another world or parallel universe. Exclusively something other than the place main character is from. Traveling through time simply isn't Isekai even by the loosest of definitions. Otherwise Steins;Gate, Dr. Stone, or Redo of Healer would be considered Isekai, which they simply aren't and neither is this.

I know, that's why i said kinda isekai
Sep 6, 2023 1:15 AM

Mar 2020
Reply to leion247
@leion247 Isekai as traveling to another world would fit within the events of the anime. The world and environment changed so drastically that it would be the same as any other fantasy isekai world if you didn't say they actually time travelled. The reason why the anime you listed aren't tagged as isekai is probably because the time traveling aspect is crucial to these stories and they generally always started off as a time travel anime to begin with.
Sep 6, 2023 2:21 AM
Nov 2017
Reply to Stomiks
@leion247 Isekai as traveling to another world would fit within the events of the anime. The world and environment changed so drastically that it would be the same as any other fantasy isekai world if you didn't say they actually time travelled. The reason why the anime you listed aren't tagged as isekai is probably because the time traveling aspect is crucial to these stories and they generally always started off as a time travel anime to begin with.
@Stomiks It literally doesn't fit though by definition. They made it clear by
If it was towards the end of the season, then I could see the reason to keep the theming. But since it isn't, I don't see why we should. Let's say we do keep the theme; we still need to add the time travel theme since that is a core theme of
spoiler or not. Along with removing the reincarnation theme since there is no argument to keep that. He's neither reborn nor in a new body after all.
Sep 6, 2023 2:23 AM
Nov 2017
Reply to Manta130
leion247 said:

I know, that's why i said kinda isekai
@Manta130 I see. I apologize, I assumed differently.
leion247Sep 6, 2023 2:44 AM
Sep 6, 2023 2:54 AM
Mar 2019
leion247 said:

I'm confused on why you care so much but also this is just as much an isekai as something like sword art online they're still on Earth just in a video game. but it doesn't really matter
Sep 6, 2023 2:57 AM

Mar 2020
Reply to leion247
@Stomiks It literally doesn't fit though by definition. They made it clear by
If it was towards the end of the season, then I could see the reason to keep the theming. But since it isn't, I don't see why we should. Let's say we do keep the theme; we still need to add the time travel theme since that is a core theme of
spoiler or not. Along with removing the reincarnation theme since there is no argument to keep that. He's neither reborn nor in a new body after all.
@leion247 Seems like spoilers are treated really seriously here on MAL so I could see why it's not listed as time travel. The theme could've been applied if the reveal was shown in around episodes 1-3 but 5 is a pretty considerable time investment. The anime itself is completely ridiculous so I assume the majority of the viewers don't mind if the theme isn't listed in the entry.
Sep 6, 2023 3:24 AM
Nov 2017
Reply to RyoushiMorino
leion247 said:

I'm confused on why you care so much but also this is just as much an isekai as something like sword art online they're still on Earth just in a video game. but it doesn't really matter
@RyoushiMorino To be fair, Sword Art Online season one had them stuck in the other world presumably indefinitely for the first half, which is enough to consider it an "immersive" Isekai we typically are familiar with. It simply turns into a "portal-quest" Isekai, which is a different kind out of the four there are. The "portal" being the VR headset that fully connects all their sensory information into the game. Meanwhile, this isn't one at all. A video game world is a different world. Earth is still Earth whether in Roman Republic times or sci-fi future. Doesn't matter where in the timeline you are, it's the same world.

I'm mostly just upset that it lacks the time travel theme and has the reincarnation theme. The removal of the Isekai theme would simply be accurate, but not as important as the other changes in my opinion, but I will defend the point that this isn't an Isekai by any definition and that labeling something accurately should always matter. Especially when thinking about viewing this page five or ten years from now.
leion247Sep 6, 2023 3:29 AM
Sep 6, 2023 3:26 AM
Nov 2017
Reply to Stomiks
@leion247 Seems like spoilers are treated really seriously here on MAL so I could see why it's not listed as time travel. The theme could've been applied if the reveal was shown in around episodes 1-3 but 5 is a pretty considerable time investment. The anime itself is completely ridiculous so I assume the majority of the viewers don't mind if the theme isn't listed in the entry.
@Stomiks I still stand by that the labeling shouldn't account for spoilers, but I understand your point and it's a fair prospective.
Sep 6, 2023 7:07 AM

Mar 2021
You do realize you can edit the theme and send it for an approval to the mods instead of creating a discussion and disagreeing with everyone who's trying to tell you, why it doesn't work that way!! right?
Sep 6, 2023 4:52 PM
Nov 2017
Reply to V1P3R0P
You do realize you can edit the theme and send it for an approval to the mods instead of creating a discussion and disagreeing with everyone who's trying to tell you, why it doesn't work that way!! right?
@V1P3R0P Wait, I can? How would I do that?
Edit: I figured it out. I have to post on a specific forum. thank you for informing me there is a specific place to do so somewhere.
leion247Sep 6, 2023 5:20 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2023

103 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 8, 5:56 PM

Poll: » Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2023

72 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 5, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2023

121 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 5, 2:30 AM

» what chapter does this get up in the manga

Darkrazor22 - Aug 2

7 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2023

116 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Aug 3, 5:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.