Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 19, 2023 8:56 AM

Apr 2020
Hey, y'all! How's our Summer Anime Season going? Mine's going pretty well. Hope you're all having fun!

I'm trying to limit the Anime I prioritize nowadays since I just end up dropping some of them when my schedule gets a bit too busy.
So here are a few that I've been watching so far:

• Lv1 Demon Lord and One Room Hero
  • Jujutsu Kaisen S2
  • Zom 100
  • The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses
  • TenPuru
  • Helck
  • Mononogatari S2

And these are some I'd like to check out when I get the time:

• Undead Murder Farce
  • AI no Idenshi (Gene of AI)
  • Dark Gathering
  • Synduality: Noir
  • Dekineko
  • Saint Cecilia and Pastor Lawrence
  • My Tiny Senpai
  • Reign of the Seven Spellblades
  • Reborn as a Vending Machine...
  • Unique Skills Makse Me OP at Lv1
  • Dreaming Boy is a Realist
  • Atelier Ryza
  • Hatarakou Maou-sama S3

I'm also still in the middle of Insomniacs After School (A lovely wholesome Anime this one <3), Yuusha ga Shinda!, and still trying to find my mood for Heavenly Delusion and One Turn Kill Neesan from the previous Anime season.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 20, 2023 12:57 AM

Apr 2020
Ah i once again have lots of anime i started to watch this season. I already dropped two tho. :P
But here is my list ^^

The ones i dropped are:

Jul 20, 2023 4:21 AM
Jun 2023
Ah tbh there isn't much I'm looking forward to, most of that stuff I am planning to watch is in fall
Although I had a look and there are some anime I think look goofy such as The masterful cat is depressed again, Idk the poster just looks so silly but it's still up in the air if I'll actually watch it. 
I'll probably just be trying to finish the shows I'm already watching such as: 

•  Chainsaw Man 
 •  Mob Psycho 100 III 

I've just kinda been procrastinating with finishing these shows lately but i'm hoping to pick up the pace :p 
So ye, not really any Summer anime but it's all i'm really planning on watching :D  (I can't compare to you behemoths lmao)
Jul 20, 2023 4:34 AM

Apr 2020
Limiosa said:
[*]Hataraku Maou-sama (Soley to see if my ship comes true)

[*]I just watched the 1st episode of it and, it seems to me that the ship seems to be sailing toward the direction of Maou/Emi...

... fingers crossed xD

Jul 20, 2023 4:43 AM

Apr 2020
CrackingNslackin said:
Ah tbh there isn't much I'm looking forward to, most of that stuff I am planning to watch is in fall
Although I had a look and there are some anime I think look goofy such as The masterful cat is depressed again, Idk the poster just looks so silly but it's still up in the air if I'll actually watch it. 

•  Chainsaw Man 
 •  Mob Psycho 100 III 

I've just kinda been procrastinating with finishing these shows lately but i'm hoping to pick up the pace :p 
So ye, not really any Summer anime but it's all i'm really planning on watching :D  (I can't compare to you behemoths lmao)
I really need to get into watching Mob Psycho soon. I'm still very clueless about that series.

And hopefully, Chainsaw Man could release something sooner than later-- some specials or whatnot. The sequel and movie might not come til next year T_T
Jul 20, 2023 5:21 AM

Apr 2020
Jozuwa-_- said:
Limiosa said:
[*]Hataraku Maou-sama (Soley to see if my ship comes true)

[*]I just watched the 1st episode of it and, it seems to me that the ship seems to be sailing toward the direction of Maou/Emi...

... fingers crossed xD

please yes, i hate chico with a passion.

CrackingNslackin said:

•  Chainsaw Man 
 •  Mob Psycho 100 III 

Ah i think chainsaw man is a decent one. i didnt watch the mob psycho so.. maybe i should :P

----

i ahve also decided to try finish blakc clover and initial d this summer. so hopefully :3
Jul 20, 2023 8:36 AM
Jun 2023
Jozuwa-_- said:
CrackingNslackin said:

•  Chainsaw Man 
 •  Mob Psycho 100 III 

I really need to get into watching Mob Psycho soon. I'm still very clueless about that series.

And hopefully, Chainsaw Man could release something sooner than later-- some specials or whatnot. The sequel and movie might not come til next year T_T
You really do! It's one of my favorite anime of all time (Which makes my procrastination even more embarrassing XD) 
But I do highly recommend it, the animation is stunning and the character's are great, they're and likable, It's simple at first but the plot get's really interesting (without spoiling too much).
Sorry for the mini-rant, I just really love this show :D
Jul 20, 2023 11:19 AM

Apr 2020
CrackingNslackin said:
Jozuwa-_- said:

You really do! It's one of my favorite anime of all time (Which makes my procrastination even more embarrassing XD) 
But I do highly recommend it, the animation is stunning and the character's are great, they're and likable, It's simple at first but the plot get's really interesting (without spoiling too much).

Oh, don't apologize. Your passionate about your fave Anime and I'm loving it!

Also, I feel you with the procrastination, especially for series that I'm crazy about. It's really weird that it happens; being so hype about an Anime but can't seem to just simply jump into it. In my case, that's my situation with "Insomniacs After School" right now; I enjoy it so much but oddly still don't feel like getting back into it for more than a week now @_@
Jul 20, 2023 2:13 PM
Apr 2020
Wazzup, myself I already started watching 

Horimiya: Piece / And this one I like cause who doesnt like some good ol romcom 
Okashi Na Tensei / Love this one cause I love cooking and medieval

And thats all but I want to set a day to binge all of the new shows that are coming mostly the Medieval ones 
Jul 20, 2023 2:31 PM
Jun 2023
Jozuwa-_- said:
CrackingNslackin said:

Oh, don't apologize. Your passionate about your fave Anime and I'm loving it!

Also, I feel you with the procrastination, especially for series that I'm crazy about. It's really weird that it happens; being so hype about an Anime but can't seem to just simply jump into it. In my case, that's my situation with "Insomniacs After School" right now; I enjoy it so much but oddly still don't feel like getting back into it for more than a week now @_@
Aey, that's how those things be for some reason, 
You really just gotta bite the bullet, sit down and do stuff that you enjoy doing for some reason, it's the same for me with art - I enjoy it but for some reason it's hard to do consistently :p
Aug 20, 2023 9:09 PM
Simp4SpookyGirls

Oct 2018
Impressions at the season’s mid-point:

Favorite Returning: Jujutsu Kaisen 2 & Mushoku Tensei 2. Need to get back into Sacrificial Princess & the King of Beasts since I really enjoyed the first cour.

Favorite New: Zom 100 & Undead Murder Farce. Planning to watch My Happy Marriage once the season is over.

Pleasant Surprises: Lvl 1 Demon Lord & One Room Hero and The Masterful Cat is Depressed Again Today.

Disappointments: Dark Gathering, Helck & The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses.
OhayotakuAug 20, 2023 9:13 PM
Aug 21, 2023 2:04 AM

Apr 2020
Ohayotaku said:

Favorite Returning: Jujutsu Kaisen 2 & Mushoku Tensei 2. Need to get back into Sacrificial Princess & the King of Beasts since I really enjoyed the first cour.

Favorite New: Zom 100 & Undead Murder Farce. Planning to watch My Happy Marriage once the season is over.

Pleasant Surprises: Lvl 1 Demon Lord & One Room Hero and The Masterful Cat is Depressed Again Today.

aww my happy marridge is such a sweet nice romcom, with some family drama. but damn those two cute. i do recommend that one.
zoom100 is super fun :D i really love it

for the dsappointments i feel the same. i dropped the glasses girl anime after episode 3 i just couldnt get behind how blind she is with no glasses (i wear them myself) and how close she goes to 'see' someone properly. but oh well.

dark gathering is super mid. i didnt drop that one tho.
but half of them time it is kinda boring.
Aug 21, 2023 8:26 AM
Simp4SpookyGirls

Oct 2018
Limiosa said:
for the dsappointments i feel the same. i dropped the glasses girl anime after episode 3 i just couldnt get behind how blind she is with no glasses (i wear them myself) and how close she goes to 'see' someone properly. but oh well.

I was prepared to drop glasses girl after 1 ep because I found the animation style distracting & disorienting 😵‍💫for what should be a chill series (it’s like her hair has a mind of it’s own, plus the weird camera angles). I watched a 2nd ep, but the gimmick was too one-note & the characters don’t actually seem to have personalities so I dropped it. Ironically Masterful Cat is by the same studio but I’m kinda enjoying it (sort of a modern day Puss in Boots slice of life with the cat taking care of his overworked but also kinda irresponsible owner).

I stayed with Dark Gathering through 6 eps. I wouldn’t call it bad, but not feeling any attachment to it & there are too many other series I want to at least give a chance. May come back to it if they turn out boring or I hear that Dark Gathering gets better.
Aug 21, 2023 11:00 AM

Apr 2020
Ohayotaku said:
Limiosa said:

I was prepared to drop glasses girl after 1 ep because I found the animation style distracting & disorienting 😵‍💫for what should be a chill series (it’s like her hair has a mind of it’s own, plus the weird camera angles). I watched a 2nd ep, but the gimmick was too one-note & the characters don’t actually seem to have personalities so I dropped it. Ironically Masterful Cat is by the same studio but I’m kinda enjoying it (sort of a modern day Puss in Boots slice of life with the cat taking care of his overworked but also kinda irresponsible owner).

I stayed with Dark Gathering through 6 eps. I wouldn’t call it bad, but not feeling any attachment to it & there are too many other series I want to at least give a chance. May come back to it if they turn out boring or I hear that Dark Gathering gets better.

ah i was looking at the masterfull cat if i should give it ago, but honestly i have too much anime going on rn, so maybe after it is finished so i can bindge watch. xD i also was kinda away for 2 weeks so had to squeeze in so many episodes.. >.<
but now i am up to date i think. :D

as for the glasses girl anime its just ugh. i seriously cant get behind the whole reasoning why she is suddendly talking to see and being super close. XD apperently the manga is suppose to be better so i might give that a try.. might..

i dont know much about dark gathering nor do i read comments on it. all i know is it isnt scary or fun for a ghost anime, and the storyline is kinda meh to me. i will probably finish it and wont watch season 2 if there will be one.
Aug 22, 2023 9:25 AM

Apr 2020
sovietpanda22 said:
Wazzup, myself I already started watching 

Horimiya: Piece / And this one I like cause who doesnt like some good ol romcom 
Okashi Na Tensei / Love this one cause I love cooking and medieval

And thats all but I want to set a day to binge all of the new shows that are coming mostly the Medieval ones 
This year has really been quite generous with romance/rom-com, especially during the Spring season <3
Aug 22, 2023 9:52 AM

Apr 2020
Ohayotaku said:

Jujutsu really do be having an intense comeback. Just a bit of a bummer that it had to take quite a long hiatus as it took away some hype.

Regarding the disappointments: I've only watched a few episodes of Helck so far and, I feel like it's trying to thread 2 different paths at the same time but ends up failing to do both. They seem to be trying to do a comedy with a dark-ish twist. But the comedy doesn't hit so well with the punchline mostly being just the female MC over-reacting to Helck's shenanigans, and the "dark" backstory of Helck won't be interesting until the viewer finds reason to care about him first. I might be judging it too soon but, All I know is that I haven't felt like going back to it for weeks now.
When it comes to The Girl I Like Has Memory Gap (lolz), it has really been so redundant now with the female MC (Mie-san) not having any creative/humorous excuse for forgetting her glasses. I still watch it though. But mostly because the Male MC is managing to keep me entertained. And most importantly..... I love the OP theme!
Aug 22, 2023 10:31 AM

Apr 2020
My Summer Season mid-point so far:
- JJK S2
- One Room Hero
- Zom100
- Hatarakou Maou-sama
- TenPuru
- The Girl I Like Forgot About Social Distancing xD

The first 3 titles are my only priorities. The rest are mostly just my go-to shows for when I want something that I could just mindlessly watch while chillin'. I might find time to continue with Gene of AI which I put on hold for a while since I'm still not in the mood for shows that require paying attention to story details/info.
I might also start checking out Synduality: Noir. Maybe Atelier Ryza too. 
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introduce Yourself!

Limiosa - Jun 15, 2023

7 by DramaticChicken »»
Nov 26, 2023 11:29 AM

» Anime Recommendations

CrackingNslackin - Jun 19, 2023

11 by Treresaresaurus »»
Sep 18, 2023 7:47 AM

» What's an anime you refused to watch at first but loved it once you finally did?

Piriph - Jun 28, 2023

7 by OshieteOshiete2 »»
Aug 20, 2023 7:31 PM

» What is your favorite genre?

sovietpanda22 - Jun 15, 2023

6 by Balesi »»
Jul 15, 2023 9:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.