Forum Settings
Forums

What's an anime you refused to watch at first but loved it once you finally did?

New
Jun 28, 2023 4:14 AM

Apr 2015
I have a lot of anime like this, especially since I used to be so much more picky about what I'd watch. To list a few:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Attack on Titan
Dr. STONE
Re:Zero
Mob Psycho 100

there's probably more that I'm forgetting XD
My signature got deleted and I can't be bothered to make a new one.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 28, 2023 5:31 AM
Jun 2023
Hmmm, I don't really have an anime like this as there isn't much I generally refuse to watch and the stuff I refuse to watch I still haven't watched. 
But the closest thing would be Star Wars Rebels as I heard it was lacking compared to its predecessor - Star Wars the Clone wars 

After watching it - ye it is lacking compared to Clone Wars but it has it's good parts, I don't particularly love the show but it's not the worst 
Jun 28, 2023 8:42 AM

Apr 2020
I honestly need to look through my watched list. XD

well i guess kaguyama sama was recommended to me, but i dont really love it so that doesnt count.. does it?

beastars would be one. that was was recommended to me by a friend and i did like the first season ^^ and was honestly debating for both if i should watch them. turns out kaguyama sama was a meh, and beastars was good :3

Jul 12, 2023 8:30 PM
lilyraincandy
May 2022
i would say high up on that list would be the persona five animation, march comes in like a lion and anohana. sometimes i'll refuse to watch certain anime based on how overhyped i find them to be at release but with an anime like anohana especially, i never really understood the appeal until i watched it for myself. i do tend to judge books by their cover at times but these three especially have proven me wrong by turning out to be some amazing series. 
Jul 15, 2023 9:41 AM
Jun 2019
Hey, I also refused to watch Jojo's because of the art style but when I did, I absolutely did not regret it 
Also refused watching the Original Legend Of The Galactic Hero because it was made in the 80s/90s but when I finally did it became my fav anime of all time!
Jul 19, 2023 10:05 PM
Dec 2022
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K, Ouran High School Host Club, and Maid Sama.

I thought "Saiki k" looked dumb, it kept get recommended to me on Netflix then I finally started to watch, only because it kept popping on my for you page.
I thought maid "Maid sama" was gonna be an ecchi. 
And "Ouran High School Host Club" I only watched because I thought it would be similar to something else I watched. 

I love them all!
Jul 28, 2023 8:17 AM
Sep 2020
Made in Abyss movie and season 2. I had already watched season 1 and didn't want to watch more, because season 1 was already disturbing enough. 
But it was constantly on my mind as something I might want to catch up with. Then I did and it's now one of my all time favourites.
Aug 20, 2023 7:31 PM

Aug 2023
For me the examples I think of right now is Osama ranking, Anohana, Steins;gate (Sort of, some of the plot holes I struggled with, but still enjoyed it overall) I'm sure theres plenty more though EDIT OH I FORGOT ODD TAXI
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introduce Yourself!

Limiosa - Jun 15, 2023

7 by DramaticChicken »»
Nov 26, 2023 11:29 AM

» Anime Recommendations

CrackingNslackin - Jun 19, 2023

11 by Treresaresaurus »»
Sep 18, 2023 7:47 AM

» Anime Season (SUMMER 2023) Watchlist

Jozuwa-_- - Jul 19, 2023

16 by Jozuwa-_- »»
Aug 22, 2023 10:31 AM

» What is your favorite genre?

sovietpanda22 - Jun 15, 2023

6 by Balesi »»
Jul 15, 2023 9:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.