Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 28, 2023 2:00 PM
Aug 2021
From what I’ve gathered, most people don’t like this anime because the plot is confusing or non-existent. I’m assuming that it’d be easier to understand if you’ve played the game which I haven’t done, but I’ve also seen some comments saying that if you’ve watched the other fate series it won’t be as confusing. I’m just wondering if this is true? This is the last series I have left to watch (other than the one with the girls but I don’t rly have an interest in that) and kinda want to give it a shot but if it’s just going to be super confusing I feel like it’s not worth it. 
Jul 28, 2023 2:15 PM
Jun 2021
kakashis_sidehoe said:
From what I’ve gathered, most people don’t like this anime because the plot is confusing or non-existent. I’m assuming that it’d be easier to understand if you’ve played the game which I haven’t done, but I’ve also seen some comments saying that if you’ve watched the other fate series it won’t be as confusing. I’m just wondering if this is true? This is the last series I have left to watch (other than the one with the girls but I don’t rly have an interest in that) and kinda want to give it a shot but if it’s just going to be super confusing I feel like it’s not worth it. 

It will be less confusing, but not by much. I think this is the only anime I’ve seen where it somehow is very confusing and extremely borong at the same time.
Jul 28, 2023 2:26 PM

Jan 2017
kakashis_sidehoe said:
From what I’ve gathered, most people don’t like this anime because the plot is confusing or non-existent.

It's extremely confusing , because nothing is explained.
And if nothing is explained , it's because this Anime is a (sort of) Sequel of the PSP Game , not an adaptation of it.
You are not supposed to watch it if you didn't played the game beforehand.

You can always try it , it have Nero Saber after all , but don't expect it to be amazing.
By having experienced the rest of the franchise before , you already know the basic rules of the Holy Grail Wars , so you can try to deduce what happen here.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jul 28, 2023 3:14 PM
May 2022
it kinda is. But that's not even the worst part, the worst is That it is extremely painful to watch. Nero design and the animation is spectacular and the idea is great but the way it was used and how painful it was was just not it.
Jul 28, 2023 6:38 PM
Mar 2020
I honestly found this fate very engaging... and not really all too confusing. So it's probably just a "you win you lose" situation with enjoyment and understanding at this point.
Jul 28, 2023 6:40 PM
Oct 2022
This anime is a what if scenario from the game. What if Hakuno and Nero lost to the final boss? Instead of just restarting from last save, this anime forms a story out of it. Without having the neccessary background information, yes, it is complete dogshit. However, it is actually very good with the neccessary background information in mind. People complain that nothing is explained, but they fail to realize that they are technically not starting from the beginning. It's like reading the third book in a series without knowing anything about the first two. Like, why are you doing that?
Jul 28, 2023 7:35 PM
Mar 2023
Personally (having never played the video game still) first watch was hard to understand and keep track of but the animation was good, voice acting was good, and was still interesting. after about the third time watching is when I was able to put it all together and make it make sence. I do agree that it's not really its own stand alone series since it took 3 watches to understanding. playing the game would be most helpful but just watching the fate series was enough for me to eventually put the pieces together of what's fully going on
Aug 3, 2023 9:27 AM
Sep 2022
Fate Extra: Last Encore Was a amazing anime,
Just not saying that because I’m a fan of the fate series I understood everything this anime get a 10/10 definitely not confusing or boring,

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

120 by Remlz_77 »»
Aug 27, 12:14 AM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

136 by Shidoteki »»
Jul 8, 9:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.