Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 19, 2023 1:32 PM
Jun 2023
Yo yo, 
So i've thought of watching anime again after being on a massive hiatus but i haven't really kept up with new releases:p 
Was wondering if any of you guys had any shows you think would be worth watching either recently or very old shows. 

I can take it >:D so bring on the hidden gems or cult classics or whatever! 
But ye I guess I should recommend some shows to make the score even :)

The show I most recommend is Mob Psycho 100, It is one of my favorite anime, it looks absolutely stellar, the characters are all likable and the action is visceral! :D, (other than that I would highly recommend watching The Clone Wa----)

But ye, what shows would you recommend?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 20, 2023 10:45 AM

Apr 2020
if you like humor i would go with grand blue and golden boy. they are both very hillarious at least for me, maybe a bit too ecchi for those who dont like those kinds of jokes.

you like harry potter? watch mashle then.

other than that i can name couple of random ones that i remember.

soul eater, trigun, moyashimon, great teacher onizuka, hyouka, haikyuu, Gakuen Babysitters , great pretender, my home hero, no game no life..
Jun 21, 2023 9:24 AM
Jun 2023
Limiosa said:
if you like humor i would go with grand blue and golden boy. they are both very hillarious at least for me, maybe a bit too ecchi for those who dont like those kinds of jokes.

soul eater, trigun, moyashimon, great teacher onizuka, hyouka, haikyuu, Gakuen Babysitters , great pretender, my home hero, no game no life.. 

Ah, personally i'm not too big on Anime comedies (I just don't find a lot of them funny :p) 
I've heard of Mashle and I can say it 'borrows' A LOT from Harry Potter xd
Jun 21, 2023 1:23 PM

Apr 2020
CrackingNslackin said:
Limiosa said:

Ah, personally i'm not too big on Anime comedies (I just don't find a lot of them funny :p)
I've heard of Mashle and I can say it 'borrows' A LOT from Harry Potter xd

mashle does take lots from harry potter and jsut like slighty change. isntead of 4 dorms, they have 3, they changed the quidditch game as well. but i really do not mind. infact its probably one of the big reasons i like it. xD
also the main char is just silly, is obsessed with one food item and thats all.
Jul 12, 2023 8:20 PM
lilyraincandy
May 2022
out of the ones i can think of at the top of my head, i'd really push to recommend erased, kemono jihen and blue period. the last two are a bit slower paced but given the content of the story, it's relatively suitable. feel free to check these out if you've got some time ^^

erased is one of those shows that i watched once and instantly fell in love with. it was stunning visually and kept me anticipating every episode. it seemed overhyped to me when it first came out but having watched it years later, i can absolutely vouch for that hype. it's been a while since i've seen a show so able to keep me entertained every episode so that would be my main recommdatiion out of the three. 
Jul 13, 2023 10:03 AM
Jun 2023
mxleficxrium said:
out of the ones i can think of at the top of my head, i'd really push to recommend erased, kemono jihen and blue period. the last two are a bit slower paced but given the content of the story, it's relatively suitable. feel free to check these out if you've got some time ^^

erased is one of those shows that i watched once and instantly fell in love with. it was stunning visually and kept me anticipating every episode. it seemed overhyped to me when it first came out but having watched it years later, i can absolutely vouch for that hype. it's been a while since i've seen a show so able to keep me entertained every episode so that would be my main recommdatiion out of the three. 
Oh, Ive heard of Erased, (not so much kemono jihen and blue period) 
It does look very interesting - will definitely look into it :D
Jul 13, 2023 4:13 PM
Jul 2023
I'd watch Ouran High School Host club, it a short anime with some of the best humor I've ever seen from an anime. Also One Punch Man may be for you since it has great action and was written by the same authors.
Jul 14, 2023 6:26 AM
Jun 2023
Mystery_2843 said:
I'd watch Ouran High School Host club, it a short anime with some of the best humor I've ever seen from an anime. Also One Punch Man may be for you since it has great action and was written by the same authors.
Ah, I usually steer away from anime comedies unfortunately, I have watched One Punch Man though and I did enjoy it even if I prefer Mob Psycho, 
Thank you for the recommendation though :D
Aug 3, 2023 6:54 PM
Simp4SpookyGirls

Oct 2018
Since you’re enjoying the Chainsaw Man manga, I recommend Dorohedoro. Unfortunately they only made 1 season of the anime, so you’ll need to follow the manga to get the rest of the story
Aug 20, 2023 7:29 PM

Aug 2023
You should watch Hinamatsuri!! It's very similar to Mod psycho, in my opinion, also a great series that has made me laugh so many times!! I would suggest you check it out, if you are still into that sort of thing
Aug 21, 2023 2:08 AM

Apr 2020
OshieteOshiete2 said:
You should watch Hinamatsuri!! It's very similar to Mod psycho, in my opinion, also a great series that has made me laugh so many times!! I would suggest you check it out, if you are still into that sort of thing

hinamatsuri is weirdly funny and weird enough to enjoy it. :D in my opinion its a nice anime ^^
Sep 18, 2023 7:47 AM
Jun 2023
I really liked Hell's Paradise. The manga is finished so I'm considering buying the volumes (the covers are so pretty), and the first season of the anime was really good. I'm excited for season 2 ^_^ It's suicide squad vibes, with some cosmic horror? I don't really know how to explain it without spoiling it.

I'm also really loving the first season of Undead Girl Murder Farce. There is some humor, but it's a little twisted. I wouldn't say it's dark humor, but it's a balance against all the serious things that happen. It has hard Murder-Mystery vibes. Notable cameos happen.

Zom 100 has been a real fun experience too. It may be a bit too comedic, but again, I think it's a nice balance of lightheartedness and dark themes. The first ep had me hooked, and since then I've been taken on a crazy rollercoaster ride.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introduce Yourself!

Limiosa - Jun 15, 2023

7 by DramaticChicken »»
Nov 26, 2023 11:29 AM

» Anime Season (SUMMER 2023) Watchlist

Jozuwa-_- - Jul 19, 2023

16 by Jozuwa-_- »»
Aug 22, 2023 10:31 AM

» What's an anime you refused to watch at first but loved it once you finally did?

Piriph - Jun 28, 2023

7 by OshieteOshiete2 »»
Aug 20, 2023 7:31 PM

» What is your favorite genre?

sovietpanda22 - Jun 15, 2023

6 by Balesi »»
Jul 15, 2023 9:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.