Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 13, 2023 11:53 AM

Jun 2015
I've never seen anything so shameless in anime. I was even liking the show until they decided to spend ten mins at the end of an eps telling me the benefits on nfts. I can see people posting eps comments though. Do people not feel any shame these days? Theres youngsters who use these forums, and Kizunai is a large and popular property, and the people who made this are trying to shill things and suggest to them virtual items which will basically have no value are worth buying and steal money from them. Stop supporting this show. It shouldn't even be allowed to broadcast tbh.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 13, 2023 2:25 PM
Mar 2021
I 100% agree with you it was a horrible thing to put a NFT token. I do watch it but my hopes have gone down will not be higher then a 1/10 for me.
Jun 14, 2023 3:22 AM
Dec 2019
Did I miss something, when did it sell NFTs

Personally I dont really like this show, though the music is okay, I suppose. I am just finishing it since I started already

Its just a scam they branded it with Kizuna AI when in reality it has basically nothing to do with her
Jun 14, 2023 12:44 PM
Jan 2022
Roch2001 said:
I've never seen anything so shameless in anime. I was even liking the show until they decided to spend ten mins at the end of an eps telling me the benefits on nfts. I can see people posting eps comments though. Do people not feel any shame these days? Theres youngsters who use these forums, and Kizunai is a large and popular property, and the people who made this are trying to shill things and suggest to them virtual items which will basically have no value are worth buying and steal money from them. Stop supporting this show. It shouldn't even be allowed to broadcast tbh.

I don’t really care. I’m still gonna be watching it but it’s not that great of a show. Mainly bc it’s just repeating the same God damn song in almost every single episode
Jun 14, 2023 9:32 PM

Feb 2021
I'm watching because Signal.MD is peak studio
Jun 17, 2023 11:20 AM

Jun 2015
MadanielFL said:
I'm watching because Signal.MD is peak studio

I die a little inside young madien. I just cant justify watching something which promotes stuff to kids which will rob them of money.
Jun 17, 2023 10:13 PM
Jun 2021
Knurby said:
Did I miss something, when did it sell NFTs

Personally I dont really like this show, though the music is okay, I suppose. I am just finishing it since I started already

Its just a scam they branded it with Kizuna AI when in reality it has basically nothing to do with her

At the post credits scene of episode 3. It didn't outright say to buy NFTs but they were explained in so much detail that it was clear what they were trying to do
Jun 17, 2023 10:29 PM
Apr 2008
Oh, so explaining is shilling these days? I watched the whole thing and other than the weird language change, I saw no "promotion" or anything negative. NEVER was money or even crypto as currency mentioned EVER.

Even when Kizuna AI mentioned it in the past, she brought it up as a future technology. NEVER was it "promoted". You're acting like just breathing the three letters is a death sentence. In the show it is 100% used as a way to identify a digital item, not any form of monetary value other than perceived rarity. This is not promoting them. If you can not see the disconnect, I'm more worried about you than some kids not knowing what NFTs are and instantly throwing their money at them.

If you really want to throw your money away, play one of the many gatcha games that already take millions of dollars from "youngsters" and to me are conceptually even worse, but we see nobody trying to cancel creators, shows, or VTubers for promoting those. This show hasn't tried to sell anything.

I got the original concept of NFTs and was never interested, but understood the digital imprint which is the easiest to explain. They are taking that concept of that and using it in a future setting. Let all the crypto fail for all I care. For all we know NFT's will be repurposed and used like in the show. If that's the case, who cares about the monetary value by then? It's no different from selling a rare weapon on ebay from a game.

As for the show, it's a simple fluff show that is more of a fun passion project than "the anime of the season". If you don't like that, don't like it. Using the mere mention of NFT's as an excuse to hate it is just ignorant and makes you look as such.

You make it seem like anybody who likes the show is supporting NFT's. The show itself isn't even supporting them in their current concept. While I agree that they should have used other terminology, if only to save the wrath of overseas "fans" who get off on canceling people. I have zero respect for people who twist things for some kind of weird, ill-educated agenda.
Jun 18, 2023 12:17 AM

Jun 2015
A lot of what you say is correct, Ill give you that @yuurei_no_iro .. But most people wont of even heard about nfts, ever considered buying them and all of a sudden a childrens show is explaining in detail the benefits of nfts. At no point in that nft advertisement did they say most people who buy nfts lose money. So they are very much complicent in shilling nfts to an unsuspecting audience they can take money from. Its disgusting.
Jun 18, 2023 12:34 AM
Apr 2008
The non-monetary aspect of NFTs is interesting to a lot of people. It was when the investment aspect of it took front center of the media that it got it's negativity. Most people who get into any kind of investing lose money these days. People who play Genshin and Apex lose money too. I'd say, worry a lot less about how others spend their money and look at things as they actually are, instead of making something they aren't because of your feelings. There is no fact based in talking about NFTs will make people suddenly spend money on them, or even have the money to spend on them if they are underage and can't make decisions as adults. We are in no place to tell people how to spend their money after they are grown adults too. If anything, instead of hating and cancelling, people should use that energy to put together some kind of informative site in Japanese to let them know why so many western fans are against NFT's and why they should consider not using them or mentioning them in their media.

That said, I am 100% certian, having lived in Japan and worked in the industry, that Kizuna AI, the show and staff are not mentioning NFT's to promote them and therefor am annoyed when western fans twist it because of their own biases. A lot of normal people in Japan have a HUGE negative impression of crypto because of the Mt. Gox scandal. If somebody is willing to jump on a platform with their own money without doing research, who are we to stop them? You're acting like kids are spending their life savings on a bored ape because NFT's were explained on an anime. Please. Put some perspective on things before you go off on something like this. While I will admit it's a bit ignorant, it's not "disgusting."
Jun 18, 2023 1:37 AM

Jun 2015
There is no non-monetary aspect of nfts. The whole purpose of them is you have to pay money to acquire them. Im not sure what part of this is confusing you?
Jun 18, 2023 4:36 AM
Apr 2008
You have to pay money to acquire a lot of things. The thing that so many artists were interested in when it came to NFTs was the digital footprint. Do you not understand that aspect of NFTs? You buy a painting, you own that painting because it's the only one. You buy a print, you pay a certain amount for it because it is limited. The artist is paid or credited with those creations. However, if you have a digital image, it's worthless as anybody with it can make unlimited copies. NFTs were initially a hope to give digital artists a way to protect and monetize their art, but it became more about "investment" than a digital proof of ownership. If such a system wasn't tied to crypto it would be a way to prove that a digital asset was owned or 'limited" and would be no different than other physical assets. Stuff like movies and music are protected somewhat, but art is not. I'm not saying it's the best or only way, it's just one that exists now.

Do you not know this? NFT's weren't just some kind of scam, but crypto is, and their tie in to crypto is what you don't like. What they became in the media and in culture is what you don't like. The digital ownership aspect of it is what the anime is referencing, not the "investment" or monetary aspect.

I understand this, because I actually understand crypto and NFTs. I think you're the one who is confused.
yuurei_no_iroJun 18, 2023 4:40 AM
Jun 18, 2023 4:47 AM

Jun 2015
I understand the concept of an NFT. Im not stupid. But say a spend a billion buying the mona lisa. Then some climate actvists come throw paint on it in the gallery. Is it still worth a billion. Or is it now worthless. Just like an nft. Your buying something which can be screen shot and is now worthless. You are the one which is confused over the value of something. To make me point, share all your nfts and I will happily take them from you at no cost
Jun 18, 2023 5:18 AM
Apr 2008
No, you 100% have no idea what you are talking about. There is only one Mona Lisa, no matter what it is worth. There are only so many signed Andy Warhol prints. Yes you can make copies of them, but they are not original. Yes you can destroy them. You are so obsessed with the money aspect that you are blind to anything else. You can draw something in MS paint and make a million versions of it, yes. You have attached zero value to anything digital and could care less if the artist or creator are credited or compensated. That is fine, that is on you. You want to ignore the fact that something digital could have ownership. None of the NFTs in Kizuna no Allele so far are worth money. They are not obtainable with money. They are worth to the winners/owners that they are limited or special. They have a digital code that makes them special, so even if you make copies they will not be the original. You can not buy the trophy. You can not buy the butterflies in the recent episode. Non-fungible means that something is unique and can't be replaced. They are taking the definition literally. You are taking it what it means culturally to you. Again, I still think it was a bad idea to use the concept, but I do not fault them and their reasoning.

I am the one who explains this stuff to studios and executives. I can't dumb it down any further. Just say you hate the idea of spending money or having ownership of anything digital and move on. I haven't once said I don't agree that NFT's as they are now are a scam. I just understand why they use the term and it is in no way connected to why you hate them.

I do not own or have owned any NFTs or crypto. Because I understand them in their current state. However, if a digital ownership system was worked out in the future that I can feel safe with using, I'd gladly support the creators and artists of such, or accept special prizes in games/contests that nobody else has. Would I sell them? Maybe. But I sold some of my limited stuff when I moved from Japan to Singapore. It was physical, though. They wouldn't accept photos or copies of the stuff that I had.

We can keep going if you want. You have an agenda. I'm just telling it like it is.
Jun 19, 2023 4:25 PM
Apr 2022
Its unfortunate that the NFTs we refer to here are often on the Ethereum blockchain, where the entry of getting the Eth coin is very expensive, then all the pump and dumpers congregate there. Hence the bad rep.

But there are heaps of cheap blockchains that the tech can be utilised....but then its super easy for speculators and scammers to take over. 
Jun 19, 2023 9:40 PM
Jul 2015
FTR the NFT shilling doesn't stop, the girls win a commemorative butterfly NFT for an event in ep. 11 (which reappears in the final ep). i am neutral on the topic but to see them implemented so shamelessly as you described is just embarrassing and immersion-breaking (like the rest of the show).
Jun 19, 2023 9:57 PM
Apr 2008
dededes said:
NFT shilling
There was no shilling. They just called a digital asset an NFT. It's not the same and is not written into the story the same as they are now.

I am very confused by the lack of disconnect on this. People are so quick to hate. It's not meant to be "the show of the season" and is nothing but a passion project that some people actually enjoy. There is this weird culture of making your hate known more than just ignoring things you don't like in the anime fandom that just gets to me. The NFT argument has been debunked here already. If you don't like it, don't watch and move on.
Jun 20, 2023 1:32 PM
Dec 2019
When lambo

Which part did they told you to buy NFT đź‘€
Jun 20, 2023 4:12 PM

Jan 2017
Man, this NFT topic sure is controversial. There's been a lot of negative talk about it for a long time ago. That one Racing Miku NFT even had to be canceled cause of backlash. So crazy how that happened.

It's also so crazy you have to spend money on them? Whoa. You buy them on the basis that someday they might increase in value? You buy them as some sort of weird "exclusivity"? You have to  b u y  them? You have to spend real dollars on them? Insane. I wouldn't know how to handle it if people took this system and used it to essentially promote gambling.

It's pretty cool to see an anime approach such a controversial topic. I'm sure they must touch up on all the nuances. Go over all the pros and cons. After all, being such a controversial topic, they definitely addressed the negatives. Wait, what? They only talked about the positives? They're depicted exclusively positively? They're only seen as a good thing in-universe? Wait, Kizuna AI's parent company even sells NFTs? That's crazy.

I wonder if it was to promote NFTs as a positive thing so they could maybe sell some. Or maybe they just didn't wanna display them in a negative light at all. I can't imagine why they wouldn't wanna do that, though. So strange.

(I am being very sarcastic if you cannot tell.)
Jun 20, 2023 5:02 PM
Jul 2015
yuurei_no_iro said:
dededes said:
NFT shilling
There was no shilling. They just called a digital asset an NFT. It's not the same and is not written into the story the same as they are now.

I am very confused by the lack of disconnect on this. People are so quick to hate. It's not meant to be "the show of the season" and is nothing but a passion project that some people actually enjoy. There is this weird culture of making your hate known more than just ignoring things you don't like in the anime fandom that just gets to me. The NFT argument has been debunked here already. If you don't like it, don't watch and move on.
I admit my criticism here was a bit targeted and could be applied to much of the show. Watching it was not out of blind rage, but wild curiosity. If you think I'm an maniacal Westerner like you did the OP, then I can't do much else.
I'll expand on my thoughts... I'm not sure how it isn't a shill. Yes, no specific items or vendors are advertised... only fictional foods offered by the fictional school lol, but in-universe the assets are presented in a simple, positive light, they are accepted and desired as rewards, but again none of the characters are discontent with anything besides, like, hate comments. It's made a buzz online because it's a biased explanation of a relevant and controversial concept. It would be silly to assume every staff member is totally on board with everything they work on, of course not! But the final product is what us everyday people see and it can leave a strange impression.
Kizuna AI's parent company is no stranger to Eth blockchain or even products that utilize AI (another sometimes controversial...thing), like CEVIO AI vocal #kzn. I mention the latter because she is used in the ED and it could have been used to strengthen the show's larger message of connecting with others (preserving the voice of a person).
Jun 20, 2023 5:11 PM
Apr 2008
no6sucks said:
Man, this NFT topic sure is controversial. There's been a lot of negative talk about it for a long time ago. That one Racing Miku NFT even had to be canceled cause of backlash. So crazy how that happened.

It's also so crazy you have to spend money on them? Whoa. You buy them on the basis that someday they might increase in value? You buy them as some sort of weird "exclusivity"? You have to  b u y  them? You have to spend real dollars on them? Insane. I wouldn't know how to handle it if people took this system and used it to essentially promote gambling.

It's pretty cool to see an anime approach such a controversial topic. I'm sure they must touch up on all the nuances. Go over all the pros and cons. After all, being such a controversial topic, they definitely addressed the negatives. Wait, what? They only talked about the positives? They're depicted exclusively positively? They're only seen as a good thing in-universe? Wait, Kizuna AI's parent company even sells NFTs? That's crazy.

I wonder if it was to promote NFTs as a positive thing so they could maybe sell some. Or maybe they just didn't wanna display them in a negative light at all. I can't imagine why they wouldn't wanna do that, though. So strange.

(I am being very sarcastic if you cannot tell.)
You are reaching so hard here that I worry about your arms. How can they carry all of that bias AND pull such a sarcastic, closed narrative at the same time? Might want to see a doctor.

Also, please show us, for those who want to join your parade, these NFTs sold by Kizuna AI Inc. Officially. And when you do so, show the date.

Again, I guess I have to say it again. NFT's have no monetary value int he world of this anime. Why even explain them as such?

If they were to suddenly sell NFTs on a traditional market to promote the anime, I would agree with you. But until that day happens, you're just spreading misinformation and ignorance. Have fun with that.

No sarcasm here. I know people have fun hating on things out of ignorance or spite. It's hilarious, ain't it?
Jun 20, 2023 5:18 PM
Apr 2008
dededes said:
Kizuna AI's parent company is no stranger to Eth blockchain
That was 2 years ago and if I remember correctly, never went to fruition.

It has taken a long time for Japan to catch up on that negative aspect of NFTs. I will not fault companies in the past being convinced to try them out by idiot consultants.

That said, I am still confused by the disconnect from other ways of "gambling" that are prevalent in the culture already that people seem to be OK with. Pachinko parlors are loaded with anime-theamed machines. Gatcha games take MILLIONS from people as they try to gamble their way to exclusives. They aren't even mentioning the money aspect of them, just the literal definition. It's so stupid. I can only see it as a reason to hate something and get off on it. It's so hypocritical.
Jun 20, 2023 11:42 PM
Sep 2021
I kept watching because I thought it would get entertainingly bad after that point. Like, they’d start doing barely disguised NFT shills every episode. It just stayed unbearably dull and I dropped it.
Jun 21, 2023 5:14 PM

Feb 2021
I'm a masochistic no-dropper, so I had to finish it. I initially gave it a 2/10 for some reason, but I started writing a review and noticed even more parts of the anime that lowered my rating, such as trying to promote cryptocurrency.
Jun 21, 2023 5:40 PM
Apr 2008
BirbSMB said:
such as trying to promote cryptocurrency.
Did you not read anything posted here? Crypto was never promoted. Never.
Jun 24, 2023 1:10 AM
May 2019
Watched the entire season weekly and gave it a 10/10
Jun 24, 2023 4:09 AM

Jun 2015
Alright, alright, I was enjoying the show until the nft hit. But from above posts and with nothing better to do, I guess I need to finish it..
Jun 25, 2023 4:17 AM

Jun 2015
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:

Thank you for reminding me of who I am. Was actually a great show.
Jun 26, 2023 8:51 PM
May 2019
Roch2001 said:
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:

Thank you for reminding me of who I am. Was actually a great show.

Season 2 was announced today. Starts in October!
Jun 27, 2023 6:27 PM
Apr 2023
For me, I do not give a **** about that. I just want to see the anime, that's all. Plus at EPS 3 they didn't outright say to buy NFTs fyi, they just explained that kind of stuff only.
Jun 30, 2023 3:06 PM

Jun 2015
Alright mods close this thread please. Its done. I binged watched the whole series on recommendation of Yui, and I loved it. But two post andyies are keeping it going and using swear words and continuing to troll. Heck, I even wrote a 10/10 review which got removed because I am not allowed to write reviews. Seems to disturb peoples calm. Anyway. Close this pls, fantastic series, no need for further discussion.

Oct 30, 2023 9:21 AM

Jun 2015
@WaiteTara I asked this thread be closed, but it looks like they refused to so simpletons like you can continue shit talking the show. Im reading what you are saying and at best its made by chatgpt 4. Get out of my thread and stop posting nosense you cretain.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kizuna no Allele Episode 12 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jun 19, 2023

16 by Deazu »»
Jan 9, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Kizuna no Allele Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2023

9 by Deazu »»
Jan 9, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Kizuna no Allele Episode 10 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jun 5, 2023

8 by Deazu »»
Jan 9, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Kizuna no Allele Episode 7 Discussion

AkeZZZ - May 15, 2023

12 by Thaliel »»
Oct 11, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Kizuna no Allele Episode 9 Discussion

AkeZZZ - May 29, 2023

7 by Deazu »»
Oct 8, 2023 8:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.