Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 12, 2023 11:03 PM

Mar 2022
Q1 - If you were Nana, then would you attack anyone without knowing everyone's abilities?

Clue Analysis and I agree here that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7dwPV4tE_I

we wouldn't attack anyone w/o knowing everyone's abilities 1st.

I think Nana's actions from episode 2 to the s1 finale are defended pretty well here https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=370184 by TheDeedsOfMen ... but what I don't quite get is the 1st episode. If Nana wants to just kill as many as possible going in blind, then ok.

Q2 - But was that really Nana's goal - like not Nana was not expecting to making it out alive?

1. Eva to Battler Ushiromiya: "human who are crying every single" ( Battler = "w"esley "s"o & Beatrice = Alireza Firouzja ? - Ha6uVGB-Mtw or p1w4Rr-fC )
  2. "b"attler "u"shiromiya: "You got yourself a deal man. Anytime, anywhere as long as there is proctoring." - p1w4Rr-dU
  3. Update after Hans Niemann 2022: "You got yourself a deal man. Anytime, anywhere as long as there is a proctologist." - p1w4Rr-dW
  4. zs4zpf or p1w4Rr-dd
  5. Magnus Carlsen is more of a sore loser than Light Yagami & Bandit Keith. See p1w4Rr-jr
  6. Hikaru Nakamura is almost as evil as the Hikaru in Oshi no Ko. See p1w4Rr-jr
  7. xcdhgq
May 12, 2023 11:51 PM
Nov 2022
As a among us player. I would attack anyone without knowing how trustworthy they were to the crew.
May 12, 2023 11:56 PM
Feb 2022
attack them no mercy
May 13, 2023 12:20 AM
Apr 2020
I don’t think Nana expected to make it out alive. She just wanted to take down as many people possible before getting discovered and possibly killed
May 13, 2023 1:48 AM
May 2016
Q1 - You would only wait if you didn't lie about anything. If you wait, then it is much much easier to screw it up, because you can't actually read minds.

So, you wouldn't wait, you would do what Nana did and blame it on the enemy.

Q2 - I don't understand the question. If everything goes right, Nana will survive.

She either kills everyone alone and everyone blames the enemy or create a environment where the students start attacking each other. In the first case, she could easily survive it. In the second case, she could hide until most students die and she finishes the rest.
May 13, 2023 3:27 AM
Nov 2020
Q1 -  In Nana's shoes, i would rather wait a bit to build more trust with everyone. Although i do understand that if Nanao would become leader it would complicate things a lot in the future and once she killed her 1st one she had to keep going before more and more people would start to ask questions.

Q2 - Iirc in manga she mentions that 
So yeah, it's save to assume that she never expected to make it out alive. After all, guilt was the main reason she became like this. 
May 13, 2023 8:13 AM
Apr 2022
She’s been brainwashed and manipulated at a very young age, so I think she either was trained to simply operate that way or was instructed to start killing immediately. Either way, it doesn’t help she’s fairly weak and young, so it was unavoidable that she would make mistakes.
May 14, 2023 5:05 AM
Feb 2023
nicbentulan said:
Q1 - If you were Nana, then would you attack anyone without knowing everyone's abilities?

I think Nana's actions from episode 2 to the s1 finale are defended pretty well here https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=370184 by TheDeedsOfMen ... but what I don't quite get is the 1st episode. If Nana wants to just kill as many as possible going in blind, then ok.

Q2 - But was that really Nana's goal - like not Nana was not expecting to making it out alive?

1. Nana did find out there abilities for the most part except for kyouya really, but that ability it’s kind of overpowered and unpredictable, most other people would die to that. I would find out information

2. Well nana doesn’t have much of a reason to live as a manga reader, but later on I feel she kind of develops one with mahiru and the others
May 14, 2023 2:18 PM
May 2022
True that about developing a personal goal with mahiru.
Nana is simply excecuting her organization’s orders at the beginning, but then develops her own feelings about killing people towards the end.
Mahiru is on my favorite characters list🥰
BEASTARS Season 3 will be the best anime ever :)
May 21, 2023 2:38 AM

Mar 2022
Sushi099 said:
I don’t think Nana expected to make it out alive. She just wanted to take down as many people possible before getting discovered and possibly killed

Cite from text in episode or chapter please.

1. Eva to Battler Ushiromiya: "human who are crying every single" ( Battler = "w"esley "s"o & Beatrice = Alireza Firouzja ? - Ha6uVGB-Mtw or p1w4Rr-fC )
  2. "b"attler "u"shiromiya: "You got yourself a deal man. Anytime, anywhere as long as there is proctoring." - p1w4Rr-dU
  3. Update after Hans Niemann 2022: "You got yourself a deal man. Anytime, anywhere as long as there is a proctologist." - p1w4Rr-dW
  4. zs4zpf or p1w4Rr-dd
  5. Magnus Carlsen is more of a sore loser than Light Yagami & Bandit Keith. See p1w4Rr-jr
  7. xcdhgq
May 21, 2023 2:44 AM

Mar 2022
RopeBuny said:
As a among us player. I would attack anyone without knowing how trustworthy they were to the crew.

All warfare is deception. You can attack right away. Or you can bide your time and then attack.

I'm not familiar w/ Among Us, but if it's anything like Deceit, Town of Salem, etc:

1. You don't have the luxury of getting to know everyone before you attack.
  2. Plus, in Among Us, you know Gasai there's an impostor.

The whole point of Talentless patzer & baseless accuser & fake world champion Magnus Carlsen who can't beat nobody Wesley So aka 'w'esley 's'o in classical chess960 Nana is that no one knows if there is. If someone knows there's an impostor on the Island, then by all means attack. But if they don't know, then what's the urgency and better yet why even go the island w/o finding out about the students?

4. zs4zpf or p1w4Rr-dd
  7. xcdhgq
May 21, 2023 2:48 AM

Mar 2022
Azriel-chan said:
attack them no mercy

All warfare is deception. You can attack right away. Or you can bide your time and then attack. Biding your time isn't necessarily 'mercy'. It's a similar principle as to why it's not 'mercy' that POWs are treated kindly. I know Nassim Nicholas Taleb said 'Someone saying "ethics is good for success" is missing the entire point of ethics.' but in this case it's really good for success: If you don't treat them kindly, then in the future they will be unlikely to surrender unconditionally.

4. zs4zpf or p1w4Rr-dd
  7. xcdhgq
May 21, 2023 4:31 AM

Mar 2022
ktg said:
Q1 - You would only wait if you didn't lie about anything. If you wait, then it is much much easier to screw it up, because you can't actually read minds.

So, you wouldn't wait, you would do what Nana did and blame it on the enemy.

Q2 - I don't understand the question. If everything goes right, Nana will survive.

She either kills everyone alone and everyone blames the enemy or create a environment where the students start attacking each other. In the first case, she could easily survive it. In the second case, she could hide until most students die and she finishes the rest.

Thanks.

1.1 - Arguendo fine but why go on the island at all w/o knowing everyone's abilities?

1.2 - Ah you mean you'll begin attacking to prove you can read minds as part of deducing their abilities? I don't think reward is worth the risk. Nana goes up against a time traveller & a clairvoyant. Imagine Nana goes up against a real mind reader. I think Nana was very lucky that those abilities had limits. Or well, you could argue that not doing anything increases the risk that the time traveller & clairvoyant would be on to you? Hmmm...well ok risk vs reward. Debate is endless. But then I'd refer back to (1.1) above.

2 - But things are unlikely to go right because Nana doesn't have a plan for everyone. It's one thing to have a plan that could go wrong but Nana doesn't really have a plan. Nana's preparation is just 'You just like sleep and go and play.' It's great for chess960 but bad for chess. I hate Garry Kasparov because e cheated Judit Polgar but 'It is better to have a bad plan than no plan.' Honestly, I think Nana is so talented that Nana converted to chess would make an extremely great chess960 player or Among Us player like if you're really forced to play like you just go into the island blind, then yeah. Great. I don't think would be very good at chess though, a very dead game that relies highly on computers and teams to prepare even up to 40 moves.

Nana's plan is very vague. A plan for me is at the very least knowing everyone's abilities before going to the island, thinking of what to do once there, preferably w/ an order of whom to kill 1st, etc.

But well if that information was really not practically obtainable then ok Nana's doing the next best thing. But in this case, Nana's really just going in blind and just trying to kill as many as possible instead of aiming to as Sun Tzu might say 'capture the whole army' or something.

• 2.1 - I think it's analogous to valorant or csgo in those eco rounds where you're low on money so you just aim to kill as many opponents as possible while you accept that you'll simply lose the round and then you fight another round. But when you're on a buy round you have money so you aim to win and so the goal may involve even not killing anyone. Trying to kill someone early on in the short term can lead to losing the overall round and maybe even succeeding rounds in the long term.

4. zs4zpf or p1w4Rr-dd
  7. xcdhgq
May 21, 2023 4:49 AM

Mar 2022
Strykeryno said:
Q1 -  In Nana's shoes, i would rather wait a bit to build more trust with everyone. Although i do understand that if Nanao would become leader it would complicate things a lot in the future and once she killed her 1st one she had to keep going before more and more people would start to ask questions.

Q2 - Iirc in manga she mentions that 
So yeah, it's save to assume that she never expected to make it out alive. After all, guilt was the main reason she became like this. 

thanks

1 - ok makes sense. but would you go to island w/o knowing everyone's abilities? or, what, is that really impractical to do?

2 - ok then. i'll take your word for it.

4. zs4zpf or p1w4Rr-dd
  7. xcdhgq
May 21, 2023 5:40 AM

Mar 2022
thanks

thunderkitten13 said:
She’s been brainwashed and manipulated at a very young age, so I think she either was trained to simply operate that way or was instructed to start killing immediately.

ok i'll take your word for it.

thunderkitten13 said:
Either way, it doesn’t help she’s fairly weak and young, so it was unavoidable that she would make mistakes.

What mistakes? Ironically, in chess / chess960 terms, I wouldn't say Nana played GREATLY (prep + thinking), but Nana played very TALENTEDLY (thinking only) : Wesley So level of talent - absolutely dominating classical chess960 (In the history of classical chess960, Wesley So played the most games, won the most, drew the most and never lost any). For me, the issue is the preparation not the talent. If you don't know the starting position, then of course you'll make mistakes. If you should know the starting position but don't, then obviously you're expected to lose to talentless patzers who do nothing study openings but suck when they're out of the memorised preparation, like that talentless patzer Magnus Carlsen.

4. zs4zpf or p1w4Rr-dd
  7. xcdhgq
May 21, 2023 5:41 AM

Mar 2022
Mukche said:
nicbentulan said:

1. Nana did find out there abilities for the most part except for kyouya really, but that ability it’s kind of overpowered and unpredictable, most other people would die to that. I would find out information

2. Well nana doesn’t have much of a reason to live as a manga reader, but later on I feel she kind of develops one with mahiru and the others

ok similar to what others said. thanks.

4. zs4zpf or p1w4Rr-dd
  7. xcdhgq
May 21, 2023 5:43 AM

Mar 2022
SobbleBoy27 said:
Nana is simply excecuting her organization’s orders at the beginning, but then develops her own feelings about killing people towards the end.

Right thanks so the organisation's orders is really just kill as many as possible w/o knowing their abilities from the start?

4. zs4zpf or p1w4Rr-dd
  7. xcdhgq
May 21, 2023 6:55 AM
May 2022
nicbentulan said:
SobbleBoy27 said:

Right thanks so the organisation's orders is really just kill as many as possible w/o knowing their abilities from the start?

I think the organization knew what powers they had… but yeah
BEASTARS Season 3 will be the best anime ever :)
May 21, 2023 10:11 AM
Apr 2022
nicbentulan said:
thanks

thunderkitten13 said:
She’s been brainwashed and manipulated at a very young age, so I think she either was trained to simply operate that way or was instructed to start killing immediately.

ok i'll take your word for it.

thunderkitten13 said:
Either way, it doesn’t help she’s fairly weak and young, so it was unavoidable that she would make mistakes.

What mistakes? Ironically, in chess / chess960 terms, I wouldn't say Nana played GREATLY (prep + thinking), but Nana played very TALENTEDLY (thinking only) : Wesley So level of talent - absolutely dominating classical chess960 (In the history of classical chess960, Wesley So played the most games, won the most, drew the most and never lost any). For me, the issue is the preparation not the talent. If you don't know the starting position, then of course you'll make mistakes. If you should know the starting position but don't, then obviously you're expected to lose to talentless patzers who do nothing study openings but suck when they're out of the memorised preparation, like that talentless patzer Magnus Carlsen.

Tbh I don’t know anything about chess, but I think trying to get away with murder is a lot more complicated than trying to win a chess match. It takes every fiber of your being to overwhelm an enemy, discard evidence, and manipulate the public opinion and investigation. I’m not saying she didn’t do that well but she was tasked with killing an island full of people. It’s only natural she would slip up.
Jun 21, 2023 4:01 AM

Jul 2015
The entire reason Talented are being sent to an island is because their abilities are unknown, because in the past one talented had some sort of deathrattle ability and their death caused a huge tragedy. They have learned from this.
Nana herself is also expendable and obviously manipulated, so they can always send someone else, especially if she starts having doubts about her mission.

More topics from this board

» talentless nana S2?

VELVET_BLUES - Jun 24, 2021

18 by Sku_te »»
Oct 18, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ringare - Dec 27, 2020

267 by Sku_te »»
Oct 11, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2020

132 by GOBERSERK »»
Jun 12, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

XXXXXXXXXIII - Sep 26, 2020

285 by EmiliaPinkman »»
May 27, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2020

133 by Narity_ »»
Feb 13, 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.