Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 23, 2023 6:29 AM
Mar 2023
On episode 21 we see  Motoko getting fired at by the guy in the mech suit and she barely escapes, then in the next scene the mech suit walks towards Motoko and grabs her but magically the machine gun in his hand disappears. They probably did that scene so he would grab Moroko instead of shooting her but they forgot the esixtence of the gun. They could have shown the gun running out of ammo or jammimg something. 

It's rather surprising to see such a mistake in such a well animated show.
SokapodMar 23, 2023 6:35 AM
Mar 24, 2023 1:26 AM
Jul 2018
Suspend your belief for the sake of entertainment.
Mar 24, 2023 4:30 AM
Mar 2023
Lelouch11783 said:

That'a stupid advice that does not apply here. 
Mar 24, 2023 6:19 AM
Jul 2018
Sanmolut said:
Lelouch11783 said:

Bruh its anime. Are you normally this stupid or is it just a phase?
Mar 24, 2023 6:51 AM
Mar 2023
Lelouch11783 said:
Sanmolut said:

Imagine being so stupid that youask others if they are stupid for being logical.  Just because it's anime does not mean it can't be realistic or has similar mistakes that can be found in live action works or  it can't be criticized because it's animated. With that stupidity you probably think thepeople who criticize logical mistakes found in LOTR or GOT are stupid since they are fantasy and not "real." You obviously don't even know what suspension of disbelief means or how it works.
SanmolutMar 24, 2023 6:54 AM
Mar 24, 2023 6:58 AM

Jan 2017
Lelouch11783 said:
Bruh its anime.

Yeah , there is a lot of gimmicks/clichés that doesn't make sense in Animes , and we usually don't really care because as you said , "It's Anime".
However , there is some works that tries to be completely coherent/"realist" (in a sense) , and isn't here just to entertain you , but to question you.
And Ghost In The Shell is clearly one of them.

Kinda funny that you say such thing when you have Chainsaw Man in your favorites , which is also a work like that.
It makes us wonder if you really understood it and the intentions of Fujimoto...
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Mar 24, 2023 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
Alexioos95 said:
Lelouch11783 said:
Bruh its anime.

Yeah , there is a lot of gimmicks/clichés that doesn't make sense in Animes , and we usually don't really care because as you said , "It's Anime".
However , there is some works that tries to be completely coherent/"realist" (in a sense) , and isn't here just to entertain you , but to question you.

Kinda funny that you say such thing when you have Chainsaw Man in your favorites , which is also a work like that.
It makes us wonder if you really understood it and the intentions of Fujimoto...
You really scoped my account in a rage bait post for the sake of argument, I'm dead lol.
Anyways, marking a silly continuity error about a 10 second fight scene that is clearly designed for entertainment (The fight scene not the anime itself) outside its main narrative does fit into the argument. "It's Anime".  
Please note, I don't disagree with you at all here, not sure why you assumed that.
Mar 24, 2023 9:35 AM

Jan 2017
Lelouch11783 said:
You really scoped my account in a rage bait post for the sake of argument, I'm dead lol.

It's exactly because it's a "bait post" that i'm looking at your profile.
Like that i can see how much you actually put effort in baiting outside of this post itself. (Or if you seems as stupid as right here)

Lelouch11783 said:
Please note, I don't disagree with you at all here, not sure why you assumed that.

"Suspend your belief for the sake of entertainment." and "Bruh its anime. Are you normally this stupid or is it just a phase?" definitely does not looks like you agree...
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Mar 24, 2023 9:52 AM
Jul 2018
Sanmolut said:
Lelouch11783 said:

Imagine being so stupid that youask others if they are stupid for being logical.  Just because it's anime does not mean it can't be realistic or has similar mistakes that can be found in live action works or  it can't be criticized because it's animated. With that stupidity you probably think thepeople who criticize logical mistakes found in LOTR or GOT are stupid since they are fantasy and not "real." You obviously don't even know what suspension of disbelief means or how it works.
Breathe my guy, your run-on sentences are giving me eye cancer.

I think you missed the point of my argument. example: "Legolas shot 9 arrows, but he only had 8 in his quiver!"

Are these little mistakes really so important to point out or are there better things to discuss in the subject of fiction( or in this case "anime"). I agree in cases where the plot holes are gaping, but if you really believe a 10 second exchange in the fight scene OP mentioned is some critical narrative piece and not made for entertainment at all, then go ahead be stupid, I don't mind, but I'd prefer to believe you take anime more serious than that.
Mar 24, 2023 10:10 AM
Jul 2018
Alexioos95 said:
Lelouch11783 said:

It's exactly because it's a "bait post" that i'm looking at your profile.
Like that i can see how much you actually put effort in baiting outside of this post itself. (Or if you seems as stupid as right here)

Lelouch11783 said:

"Suspend your belief for the sake of entertainment." and "Bruh its anime. Are you normally this stupid or is it just a phase?" definitely does not looks like you agree...
message=68878658 said:
Alexioos95
Bruh said:
Lelouch11783

there said:
there is a lot of gimmicks/clichés that doesn't make sense in Animes

I'm not the one baiting people here. OP is with this shitty thread. My mundane response for the scene OP was mentioning not the anime itself, unless you disagree with my statement there. 

Me calling some rando's aggressive defense to my statement "stupid", has nothing to do with you and was completely warranted. I'll ragebait him into oblivion because its fun :P

I don't mind you looking at my account btw, do whatever you want. 

For the record: "Bruh, it's anime" = "Suspend your disbelief for the sake of entertainment" = your: "there is a lot of gimmicks/clichés that doesn't make sense in Animes"
Mar 24, 2023 10:15 AM

Jan 2017
Lelouch11783 said:
I'm not the one baiting people here. OP is with this shitty thread. My mundane response for the scene OP was mentioning not the anime itself, unless you disagree with my statement there.

I don't see where is the bait of the OP... ?

As for the scene itself , i don't remember much of Stand Alone Complex to be honest , so i won't comment on it without all the context.
But as OP said at the end of his post : "It's rather surprising to see such a mistake in such a well animated show." , which is true.

Lelouch11783 said:
Me calling some rando's aggressive defense to my statement "stupid", has nothing to do with you and was completely warranted. I'll ragebait him into oblivion because its fun :P

I see , you are a kid... that explain a lot i guess.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Mar 24, 2023 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
I see , you are a kid... that explain a lot i guess.

Very hypocritical of you, but too late! The ragebait ship has sailed. 

i don't remember much of Stand Alone Complex to be honest , so i won't comment on it without all the context.
y r u here then lol
Apr 4, 2023 5:36 PM
Jan 2022

Sokapod said:
On episode 21 we see  Motoko getting fired at by the guy in the mech suit and she barely escapes, then in the next scene the mech suit walks towards Motoko and grabs her but magically the machine gun in his hand disappears. They probably did that scene so he would grab Moroko instead of shooting her but they forgot the esixtence of the gun. They could have shown the gun running out of ammo or jammimg something. 

It's rather surprising to see such a mistake in such a well animated show.
Just checked it out. Good spot.
May 30, 2023 7:25 AM
Nov 2020
Yeah the show can be sloppy at times (when Togusa makes coffee at the Sunflower Society, his hand movements are smoothly animated but then it cuts to a crudely photoshopped image of the coffee). Same goes for the second season.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OranSolus - Jul 17, 2008

158 by Magicmist »»
Sep 23, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OranSolus - Jul 17, 2008

89 by Magicmist »»
Sep 22, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Sep 8, 2008

114 by Magicmist »»
Sep 21, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Sep 8, 2008

51 by Magicmist »»
Sep 21, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Jul 12, 2008

78 by Magicmist »»
Sep 19, 12:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.