Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 23, 2022 3:51 PM
Apr 2022
I really love word Zero in title for prequels.

At this point it is probably kinda cliche for most people, and outdated (it used to be cool at first), but personally I love it.
Oct 23, 2022 4:42 PM
Jan 2015
Honestly I kinda thought we were getting a animated Lupin Jr. at first. If you don't know what Lupin Jr is look it up on MAL.
Oct 23, 2022 5:26 PM

Jul 2012
I was half expecting Lupin II for a prequel, maybe even Lupin I just straight up (he was still alive there anyway, wouldn't be a bad idea for a prequel).
Oct 23, 2022 7:52 PM
Mar 2020
At first I thought we were gonna see the origins of Lupin (not Lupin iii but the start of the gentleman’s thief family) but then I read the synopsis and I like it better that it’s just younger Lupin iii, he’s just way too iconic.

We Lupin fans will be eating good for many years to come. This anime is a cult by now and will most likely bring new stuff even after most of us have died lol.

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 23, 2022 10:12 PM

Feb 2019
MeVike said:
At first I thought we were gonna see the origins of Lupin (not Lupin iii but the start of the gentleman’s thief family) but then I read the synopsis and I like it better that it’s just younger Lupin iii, he’s just way too iconic.

We Lupin fans will be eating good for many years to come. This anime is a cult by now and will most likely bring new stuff even after most of us have died lol.

We lupin fans have been eating well since 1970's :P I wonder if Monkey Punch knew that his series would still be animated 50+ years later. is a shame he died 3 years ago though.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Oct 24, 2022 1:37 AM

Mar 2020
MeVike said:

I mean, there are hundreds of adaptations of Arsene Lupin out there to watch, but it would be nice to see a feature length version of the Lupin III version of him

Oct 25, 2022 12:24 AM
Jun 2022
The Kanashimi No Belladonna - infused prequel about Fujiko (who is a reskinned Jeanne in the chara design) already sucked ass for how much boring it was because it had no real story to tell, what's the point of making another prequel? I guess Lupin fans are in the same vein of other fans of other IPs who eat EVERYTHING no matter the quality of said thing, being it Saint Seiya, Sailor Moon, Black Jack (the sequel to the 2000's series and the prequel were completely unnecessary) Star Wars etc. etc. etc. Really sad to see the Japanese making the same mistakes the americans do in the entertainment department.
Oct 25, 2022 3:23 PM

Feb 2015
ProudElitist said:
The Kanashimi No Belladonna - infused prequel about Fujiko (who is a reskinned Jeanne in the chara design) already sucked ass for how much boring it was because it had no real story to tell, what's the point of making another prequel? I guess Lupin fans are in the same vein of other fans of other IPs who eat EVERYTHING no matter the quality of said thing, being it Saint Seiya, Sailor Moon, Black Jack (the sequel to the 2000's series and the prequel were completely unnecessary) Star Wars etc. etc. etc. Really sad to see the Japanese making the same mistakes the americans do in the entertainment department.

The Woman Called a Fujiko Mine isn’t to everyone’s tastes, but it’s not that fans just “eat up everything.” That can be the case for some diehards (of anything) but plenty of fans weren’t crazy about it and the recent Part 6 didn’t exactly ignite the fanbase either. Regardless, TWCFM has a strong cult following because it was an inspired and darker take on the series that was a breath of fresh air after years of mediocre tv specials. That’s all to say, the Lupin series has been pumping out new work consistently since the 70’s and won’t likely be slowing anytime soon. In the case of this announcement and why it’s particularly worth being excited for, the staff behind Zero is responsible for some of the best-looking modern entries and it essentially being a 6ep OVA that embraces elements of the original manga (the youth chapters being the primary inspiration) and tv anime from ‘71 make it fairly safe to expect a good time.
JoshimatsooOct 25, 2022 3:47 PM
Oct 25, 2022 10:38 PM
Jun 2022
It might have its fanbase, but it was already boring and useless the same. The only things I liked was its aestetical roots in the beforementioned movie which is my favourite movie of all times and the fact that they removed the childish misoginy that was injected into the series starting with part II, other than that I stopped watching it three/four episodes in because you could already tell there was nothing to really tell to begin with. And this prequel will be the same, like again the Lost Canvas prequel the Black Jack prequel etc. etc. etc. It's just a way to milk more money from people, nothing else.
Oct 25, 2022 11:01 PM

Jun 2016
Not a fan. I'm an "origins" guy myself.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Oct 26, 2022 6:49 PM

Jan 2015
I desire a Guilty Gear prequel called Guilty Gear Xero.
Oct 29, 2022 1:38 AM

Apr 2016
ProudElitist said:

What the, Lupin is episodic by nature and most of its iterations don't really "have a story to tell". In that vein TWCFM fits almost perfectly into the Lupin creations and it's not even completely true because compared to more classical Lupin, TWCFM actually has an overarching plot akin to Part 4 and 5. Maybe you should have watched past episode 4 after all...

And I don't see people here "eat everything up no matter the quality" either. We don't even KNOW the quality of this new series yet and people only state that they like the idea and are optimistic. What's "eating everything up" about all of that? That's a perfectly nuanced take. Are you just trolling? (actually not that unlikely now that I see that these are your only 2 posts...)

Personally, I enjoyed TWCFM. Not as much as Part 4 or 5 but more than 6. I think it's a very cool take on the franchise and I like it even more for giving rise to the Takeshi Koike Lupin movies. I'm looking forward to see how this series is turning out as well. Maybe I won't like, maybe I will. Will have to see and find out.
Oct 29, 2022 4:38 AM
Jun 2022
I am not trolling in any way. The IPs I mentioned in regards to "people eating everything" are IPs of which I am a fan, especially Sailor Moon which is by far my favourite anime of all times even if I watched it for the first time only six-seven months ago. Fact is, all these IPs already had to tell EVERYTHING they had to tell the first time they did it, yet the japanese persist on doing all sorts of remakes, reboots, prequels or whatever because they know they can churn out a few bucks no matter the quality or constistance of said operation (see the useless on all fronts prequel of Black Jack amongst the worst offenders, contradicted by the Black Jack 21 series that ALREADY told why and how Black Jack became a doctor) since there are people who eat everything with said brand on display. These prequels all serve nothing, don't add nothing, they are only made for the $uckers to pay pay pay pay pay and nothing else. And on Lupin being episodic or not, it doesn't matter, Lupin already had told everything it had to in the 70's like the snooze-inducing prequel with Fujiko will prove you so making a prequel with him being a kid (Tiny Toons anyone?) is completely and utterly useless the same.
ProudElitistOct 29, 2022 6:24 AM
Nov 6, 2022 9:49 PM

Oct 2009
ProudElitist said:
I am not trolling in any way. The IPs I mentioned in regards to "people eating everything" are IPs of which I am a fan, especially Sailor Moon which is by far my favourite anime of all times even if I watched it for the first time only six-seven months ago. Fact is, all these IPs already had to tell EVERYTHING they had to tell the first time they did it, yet the japanese persist on doing all sorts of remakes, reboots, prequels or whatever because they know they can churn out a few bucks no matter the quality or constistance of said operation (see the useless on all fronts prequel of Black Jack amongst the worst offenders, contradicted by the Black Jack 21 series that ALREADY told why and how Black Jack became a doctor) since there are people who eat everything with said brand on display. These prequels all serve nothing, don't add nothing, they are only made for the $uckers to pay pay pay pay pay and nothing else. And on Lupin being episodic or not, it doesn't matter, Lupin already had told everything it had to in the 70's like the snooze-inducing prequel with Fujiko will prove you so making a prequel with him being a kid (Tiny Toons anyone?) is completely and utterly useless the same.

Wow your user name is sorely accurate, wtf.
Nov 7, 2022 1:40 AM
Jun 2022
Thank you for your comment, it's really appreciated :D
Nov 21, 2022 4:38 PM

Jan 2013
Hearing some opinions from the animeNYC advance preview this was kind of pointless, young Lupin and Jigen act like their present day selves.
Dec 4, 2022 11:23 AM
May 2019
There's much about this Zero I'm not liking, just from the preview.

1) I would rather that Lupin III be based in France, just like his grandfather.
2) Jigan shouldn't be a marksman at this young age. I always placed him as a mob hitman who got tired of the jobs and went solo before running into Lupin III.
3) Goemon should definitely be a rogue samurai. The only true Japanese member of the group.
4) Fujiko is the wild card. The name she has now (Mine) could be he current identification. He past is shrouded in mystery.

Anything else would be pointless for this foursome.
Which one do you want? An Addiction or A Good Life?
A) Addiction - a progressive narrowing of the things that bring you pleasure.
B) A Good Life - a progressive expansion of the things that bring you pleasure and includes pleasure through motivation and hard work.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin Zero Episode 6 Discussion

ropiel - Jan 13, 2023

21 by Brunilde »»
Oct 5, 6:27 AM

Poll: » Lupin Zero Episode 5 Discussion

link2601 - Jan 6, 2023

16 by Absurdo_N »»
Oct 1, 5:18 PM

Poll: » Lupin Zero Episode 3 Discussion

link2601 - Dec 23, 2022

18 by Brunilde »»
Oct 1, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Lupin Zero Episode 2 Discussion

link2601 - Dec 16, 2022

14 by Swiggy »»
Apr 14, 2023 4:57 AM

Poll: » Lupin Zero Episode 1 Discussion

Ranxomare - Dec 17, 2022

19 by Swiggy »»
Apr 14, 2023 4:30 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.