Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2022 4:27 PM
Oct 2020
So we got the mom's backstory. Her parents were pieces of shit as you would expect
Oct 18, 2022 7:27 PM

Dec 2019
figured we would get some backstory into how she became so fucked up in the first place. No surprise that she had an abusive childhood.
Oct 18, 2022 9:38 PM

Jul 2010
Wow this chapter is packed! Feels like I've read 20 chapters worth of material (in terms of this manga haha). And finally, finally we're getting to know about her past.
Oct 19, 2022 4:06 AM

Jul 2021
I'm not surprised Seiko had abusive parents and her backstory is pretty much the answer to how she's so fucked up in her own behavior. I don't know the author's intention with this art style, but it gives it an eerie feeling.
Oct 20, 2022 3:36 AM

Jun 2021
actually im kinda disappointed... it was kinda obvious and doesnt really make much sense... were toxic parents really the reason she became such a monster? I expected something like in Naoki Urasawa's Monster, where what made Johan into such a monster is just mindblowing and Seiko is a character similair to Johan and is just as interesting but her past is just disappointing
Everyone sees the beauty they're mature enough to see.
Oct 20, 2022 12:10 PM
Sep 2020
I always thought there was something like this in her backstory. A cycle of trauma and abuse. How realistic this is.
Oct 20, 2022 12:15 PM
Sep 2020
Seinentard said:
actually im kinda disappointed... it was kinda obvious and doesnt really make much sense... were toxic parents really the reason she became such a monster? I expected something like in Naoki Urasawa's Monster, where what made Johan into such a monster is just mindblowing and Seiko is a character similair to Johan and is just as interesting but her past is just disappointing

Childhood trauma often makes kids turn into monsters you know

Especially when you're a child, you lack the ability to reason or rationalize, you only feel the raw emotions and they get embedded in your mind. You start reflecting on the feelings only, and when you grow up the root is still there. Although people usually get out of this when they become adults - some are just unlucky.
Oct 20, 2022 12:27 PM

Jun 2021
Red_sparkling said:
Seinentard said:

Especially when you're a child, you lack the ability to reason or rationalize, you only feel the raw emotions and they get embedded in your mind. You start reflecting on the feelings only, and when you grow up the root is still there. Although people usually get out of this when they become adults - some are just unlucky.

yes, but how many people have unloving parents? shouldn't they all be like Seiko? her parents aren't even that bad, some real parents are a LOT worse yet it doesnt make them SO traumatazied that they become like Seiko. that's why it doesn't make any sense
Everyone sees the beauty they're mature enough to see.
Oct 20, 2022 12:31 PM
Sep 2020
Seinentard said:
Red_sparkling said:

yes, but how many people have unloving parents? shouldn't they all be like Seiko? her parents aren't even that bad, some real parents are a LOT worse yet it doesnt make them SO traumatazied that they become like Seiko. that's why it doesn't make any sense

Not all do, but some turn out like this. There are real world examples as well. Psychology doesn't work in the same way for everyone. We can't generalize.

Author wasn't descriptive enough about her past, since she's just quoting her key memories. Otherwise that could've explained well.
Oct 21, 2022 8:15 AM

Jan 2020
So the long awaited Seiko's past is finally unleashed......
Oct 21, 2022 8:16 AM

Jan 2020
So far nothing extremely disturbing....
Oct 22, 2022 12:08 AM

Dec 2020
I hope it's a lie. It would be too easy to justify everything like that.
Feb 12, 2023 6:36 PM

Feb 2018
Got some of that Seiko lore huh? Her childhood seemed sad but I wonder if the yelling to her was all to it? And that somehow changed her to become the twisted woman we saw
Apr 15, 2023 3:21 AM

Oct 2013
Seiko's backstory, finally. It seems that emotions originating in her childhood, as it usually is like, shaped her adult personality.
Oct 18, 5:00 PM

Mar 2017
I was expecting a bavkstory like this tbh
algum tuga aqui?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 134 Discussion

Rexnihilo - Nov 30, 2022

10 by 9vash »»
Yesterday, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 133 Discussion

JohnnyBoi56 - Nov 28, 2022

7 by 9vash »»
Yesterday, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 132 Discussion

TheMangaManiac - Nov 1, 2022

20 by 9vash »»
Yesterday, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 129 Discussion

TheMangaManiac - Sep 13, 2022

16 by 9vash »»
Oct 18, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Chi no Wadachi Chapter 128 Discussion

Rexnihilo - Aug 25, 2022

15 by 9vash »»
Oct 18, 4:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.