Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2022 8:27 AM

Jul 2017
Oh wow Kamiya, you already know that this new Kakegawa High soccer team sucks balls, yet you wanna go ahead with practice matches when the team members aren't so established.

You know it's bad when your team has just 9 players, and only 2 schools worth to challenge before the liability of shutting down the entire team for good. Yet, I can tell that at the very least, Kamiya wants Hideto's team to flourish with the little time they have, despite the Senpais leaving in droves to show that they have a fighting chance.

Yet...the first game against Kakegawa North was a resounding failure to be trashed 7-0, and the drama between Jo and Hideto is already to the point of being very toxic and obnoxious that the latter made a comeback only to be ridiculed by the rest. Jo has a responsibility because his dad trashed the soccer team to its current state, and the next generation wants to restore its former glory, which I understand why to rewrite a bad chapter.

Well crap, the next game cancelled that's played against Hideto's former friend's soccer team, and Kamiya can only do so much as to convince Sonora and Sahara to rejoin the team, because it's in dire need of both of them. The replacement team that's led by Kamiya's friend Kazuhiro Hiramatsu (which is another Aoki Densetsu Shoot! character), hopefully it'll help them somewhat.
Jul 23, 2022 9:37 AM
Sep 2015
I feel like the coach is overconfident in his own coaching skill, yes, he's a very good soccer player, but!

He's too confident in his own soccer connection, he think with his legacy, every other team would accept his invitation. Turns out, only a few accept, and he need to call his own close friend to make it happen.

He's too confident that he can make up with everyone by his soccer skill. Just like I said, he's a very good soccer player, and while it look like his play can charm those two senpai (and me, but I'm after his body more than his soccer skill), I doubt it'll workout smoothly like this everytime.

He's too confident in his own "conceptual" soccer, married with your ball might be a popular phrase around the time captain Tsubasa air on TV, but players from Ao Ashi and Blue Lock will probably laugh at this. But I've to admit that I kinda like this oldschool training, it has its own magic. But the best thing is that they won't married with woman if they married with the ball LOL.

Let's move on to Jo, now we know his reason why he want to win with this school team, but I still don't know why he has to be angry all the time. But I forgive him when he sweat...
Jul 23, 2022 10:26 AM
Jul 2022
So when will Kokubo show up again?

I mean he's in the OP and ED no way he'll be gone till the final episodes for the rematch right?
Jul 23, 2022 11:39 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Kamiya is going ahead with the matches...
Only two teams were willing to play them. They have to play with 9 players and if they lose both the matches, the football team will disband! They have to keep their footballs with them 24 hours as ordered by Kamiya.
Amagai is the captain.
They lost their first game.
Jo's dad was a former coach who failed the team so Jo feels like he has to build the team back!
He tries to convince Sahara and Sonoda to join again and Kamiya also does...
Tsuji keeps passing instead of shooting.
Another team is here! With Hiramatsu!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 23, 2022 2:57 PM

Nov 2013
lol everything in this anime goes wrong as hell

good thing he managed to find a new team appear, if the club just ended with a cancelled match i would actually get mad lmao
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jul 23, 2022 3:25 PM

Feb 2021
Rem4lifexD said:
Great episode! Kamiya is going ahead with the matches...
Only two teams were willing to play them. They have to play with 9 players and if they lose both the matches, the football team will disband! They have to keep their footballs with them 24 hours as ordered by Kamiya.
Amagai is the captain.
They lost their first game.
Jo's dad was a former coach who failed the team so Jo feels like he has to build the team back!
He tries to convince Sahara and Sonoda to join again and Kamiya also does...
Tsuji keeps passing instead of shooting.
Another team is here! With Hiramatsu!

Looking forward to the next episode!

Better to continue where Toei left. They ruined such a great manga.
Jul 24, 2022 2:59 AM

Apr 2010
Episode 4 was the 1st episode where I felt there was something to look forward to. Story is still weird but its progressing now rather than stagnating.
Jul 24, 2022 4:57 AM

Feb 2021
Vandesdelca said:
Episode 4 was the 1st episode where I felt there was something to look forward to. Story is still weird but its progressing now rather than stagnating.

Better to adapt where Toei left.
Jul 24, 2022 9:34 AM

Oct 2015
Jo is the worst character I've ever seen in any sport anime. Trash indeed.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 24, 2022 2:00 PM

Feb 2021
lihle808 said:
Jo is the worst character I've ever seen in any sport anime. Trash indeed.

He is pretty rude, I agree.
Jul 25, 2022 4:58 AM

Jun 2021
Lol Jou's definitely the hardest character to watch but I get why he's so passionate and dramatic after finding out how his father has been affected by the losing streak. But Kurokawa telling Tsuji to disappear was so funny, it was so random and felt like one of those moments you see in a romance.
Jul 25, 2022 6:57 AM

Oct 2008
Coach Kamiya was so cool when he provoked the other 2 members and taught them a quick lesson! kyaaa...other than that looks like their last chance was a team stronger than the previous one! damn! i wonder what the coach is planning?!... hmmmm
4/5.

Jul 27, 2022 7:06 AM

Jun 2020
Okay, so it's been a few days since I watched this episode but then I remembered something that kind of bugged me other than Jou's constant screeching so I went back and re-watched it (great idea, I know) and also a bit of episode 3 to confirm my suspicions...and I realized that we have yet another gay yandere on our hands: Subaru.

Where Kouhei is down bad for Hideto, Subaru is down bad for Jou. At the end of episode 3, I was getting major "I'm jealous of my guy potentially getting closer to the other guy" vibes, I mean, why else are you just hunched over there behind a wall secretly watching them with a forlorn look on your face, bro? And the real clincher was in this episode, when the coach told them to marry their balls. Cut to a montage of each of their daily lives with their balls--and you get a Subaru, in the tub, with the ball between his fucking legs, looking at the ball lovingly, and with his entire chest saying, "let's do our best, Jou" to the ball...and then they zoom in on the ball as he's doing it...like he's acting as if the damn ball is Jou..."married to the ball=married to Jou(?)"...I give up, man, I spent way too much time thinking about this. And then he just lashes out at Hideto out of nowhere when he was treating him just fine before...holy shit, this is just fucking amazing. No Indian drama or Telenovela could top this. S-tier entertainment right here, folks, I'm telling ya.
zedtronicJul 27, 2022 7:13 AM
Feb 9, 2023 4:40 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
They were lucky, and now how to play with the actual champions!!! kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 13 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2022

20 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 22, 2023 4:25 AM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 17, 2022

17 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 22, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 10, 2022

9 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 21, 2023 12:36 PM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 3, 2022

11 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 21, 2023 9:02 AM

Poll: » Shoot! Goal to the Future Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 27, 2022

22 by Ranxomare »»
Mar 12, 2023 7:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.