Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2022 6:57 AM

Jan 2015
What a brutal way to start the episode… poor Vueko. She didn’t deserve any of that.
Great first episode as expected, pretty much setting the fundamentals for the new arc. We meet both the new character and our favorite trio going to the sixth layer.

Gorgeous backgrounds as usual, there was already some graphic stuff here and there, and I’m also surprised the kept Riko pooping lol. Episode ends with Riko/Vueko reaching the sixth later.

Definitely hyped for this. It’s gonna be insane for sure. Intro song by Kevin Penkin was great as expected.

Jul 6, 2022 6:57 AM

Jul 2021
Did they simply jump right to Chapter 48 to depict the Three Sages' history instead of doing Chapter 38? To be honest, I was taken aback because it's literally the most disturbing part of the entire season lmao but I'm thankful that it's shown earlier than the initial chapter but at the same time that's quite concerning considering the chapters before it was nicely linked but just treat Veko's disturbing past as something separable yeah? We also notice Star Compass, which Riko discovered in the first stratum. I'm curious how long Veko's team has been searching for the abyss. Orth was not there when they arrived. Also, Veko's crew seemed to have easily reached the bottom, lending credence to the claim that the gap deepens every 2000 years. This might also explain how Riko discovered Star Compass in the first layer, which was formerly the surface when Veko and the company discovered the Abyss. Eventually, the main crew seems to be back, glad to see them once again and Nanachi and Reg hugging <3, now on we go look forward to the next journey! All in all nice episode, I hope they don’t rearrange these chapters again because I got so confused as to why they went straight to Chapter 48 :S

The adventure is about to begin!
CQLLISTJul 6, 2022 7:03 AM
Jul 6, 2022 6:59 AM

May 2020
it's finally back after 5 years
from what ive heard this will be the most disturbing season of made in abyss
the osts are really good
Kevin penkin is just a goat
the art and animation look good as well
it was a pretty brutal ep and the studio didn't really shy away from showing anything

it's so nice to see Riko, Reg and Nanachi again

and nanachi is the cutest thing ever

cant wait for the next ep
Homura24Jul 6, 2022 8:41 AM

Jul 6, 2022 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
It's been 5 years but felt like yesterday. The world of Made in Abyss remains dangerous as ever with the 6th layer and the Golden City.

So happy to see the main cast back with Reg, Riko, and the others. Irumyuui makes an important appearance this episode and her personality is so far how I had pictured from the manga. The animation quality still looks neat even after all these years. It's going to be another glorious journey this season and I'm pretty excited to see the rest of it.
Jul 6, 2022 7:07 AM

Feb 2020
Finally. :) It's so nice to have this show back.
Jul 6, 2022 7:10 AM

May 2020
Look I know I signed up for suffering but I didn’t expect it to be right off the bat. Be it anyone, this one thing seems to be the constant. Lots of new characters too, though can’t say much about them now as I remember the movie ended with the trio finally setting off for the sixth layer. Also well with the golden city present in the title itself, guess we’ll be getting most of this season there itself.

That OST at the halfway point was some music to the ears though, really giving the feel that MiA has well and truly arrived.
Jul 6, 2022 7:39 AM

Apr 2016
Heey, look a happy animal, surely nothing wrong will happens to it ...

Now, the only thing, that this second season of made in abyss needs to do (the only thing i want from it), is to give a sense to that scrub arc that is ahead of us. Good luck anime team, you do your best, God knows you need it. Anyway the Opening is an absolue banger.
Jul 6, 2022 7:40 AM
Oct 2021
Where can I watch it
Jul 6, 2022 7:57 AM
Aug 2016
Where did you nerds watch it
Jul 6, 2022 7:57 AM
Nov 2021
THAT WAS REALLY GOOD!!! THE OPENING IS SUCH A BANGER!!! NANACHI IS INEPT AS ALWAYS XD
Jul 6, 2022 7:58 AM
Feb 2021
As always kevin penkin is a legend the intro ost give me a goosebumps!!
Jul 6, 2022 7:59 AM

Nov 2016
Who else is looking forward to experience this arc properly after the irregular chapter releases? 😅 It's like I'm anime only tbh, even tho I noticed that they rearranged the backstory.

Great to have this back and we're starting off dark as per usual for this series. The sense of adventure and atmosphere are still stunning and I'm hyped. I don't think anything else will top MiA this season.

Btw check out @ 16:36 of this episode

FMmatronJul 13, 2022 7:45 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 2021
Smug_Sheep said:
Where did you nerds watch it

Muse asia in youtube
Aug 2021
the start was good and disturbing (as always)
want to know more of the secrets that abyss is hiding.
Jul 6, 2022 8:00 AM

Feb 2021
Damn that is a great first episode. Really creepy, too. Seeing Prushka hanging on Riko's neck makes me a little sick remembering the movie. Ugh.

Riko in this episode:
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Mar 2022
hello. I don't know where to find the new episode. it's not on the big three nor is it on wcostream
Apr 2022
ost so good. Kevin Penkin god

Jul 2017
bruh, I forgot how brutal this anime... they literary start with dark scene...
I need to stock tissue in case I cry again ....

QuasarLNR said:
Where can I watch it

go to Muse Asia channel
Jul 6, 2022 8:01 AM

Feb 2021
Stark700 said:
It's been 5 years but felt like yesterday. The world of Made in Abyss remains dangerous as ever with the 6th layer and the Golden City.

So happy to see the main cast back with Reg, Riko, and the others. Irumyuui makes an important appearance this episode and her personality is so far how I had pictured from the manga. The animation quality still looks neat even after all these years. It's going to be another glorious journey this season and I'm pretty excited to see the rest of it.
5 years? Didn't the 3rd movie come out 2 years ago?
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Jul 6, 2022 8:03 AM

Sep 2018
Anyone knows if this season is going to stream in Crunchyroll?
I keep moving forward
Jul 6, 2022 8:06 AM
Dec 2018
"Ah, Made in Abyss, time for some wholesome, family friendly stuff!"
>Child Rape, Disembowelment, Burnt Corpses, A child being tortured with a hot poker
>This is just the first 2:30
Just as I remembered

Sep 2016
maaannn that went by so quickly! it was a great first episode. we finally get to see riko and the gang after so long yay. the backstory of vueko was really sad, but it feels normal for mia 🥲 it's interesting to see how it all started, and now im super hyped for the future episodessss
Apr 2022
Stark700 said:

wut did u miss movie 3 ?
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36862/Made_in_Abyss_Movie_3__Fukaki_Tamashii_no_Reimei
Jul 6, 2022 8:08 AM

Jul 2021
Yuu_Kanzaki said:
Stark700 said:

I'm pretty sure they've watched the movie 3, think they meant that season 1 aired in 2017 and season 2 (this one) is airing in 2022 so 5 years yk(?)
Jul 6, 2022 8:08 AM

Jul 2017
Yuu_Kanzaki said:

it's obvious, he didn't watch the movie
Jul 6, 2022 8:10 AM

Oct 2017
Interesting backstory to start the season with. Seems like it's from the early days of abyss exploration. Wonder what sort of connection it'll have with the present.

Glad to have Made in abyss back, looking forward to another amazing journey with Reg, Riko and Nanachi.
MegamiRemJul 8, 2022 11:21 AM
Jul 6, 2022 8:13 AM

Feb 2019
20 seconds into the episode and there’s kids being sexually assaulted. Yea made in abyss is back. Veko and Belaf’s crew’s introduction was really cool. You can tell there’s a lot of love between them all, which is of course key to entering the 6th level and staying human.

I’m really curious to learn more about those indigenous people tho. How did they get there? Unfortunately haven’t got around to the manga yet so this season should have a lot of cool twists for me.

Penkin as usual with a godly OST as well. Really compliments this series so much.
Marinate1016Jul 6, 2022 8:17 AM
Jul 6, 2022 8:14 AM
Oct 2019
Wow that was a backstory way before there was a City in surrounding the Abyss.
That was a nice transition to where the Movie ended.

Our Boy Kevin Penkin did an Amazing Music once again.

I'm not ready for the Sadness and Sorrow.
davidyodo24Jul 6, 2022 8:23 AM
Jul 6, 2022 8:15 AM
Oct 2019
Drez05 said:

It's not, because Sentai film got the license
Jul 6, 2022 8:16 AM
Jun 2019
Episode 1 is amazing, we are given flashbacks from people who are looking for the golden city and the continuation of the adventures of Riko Nanachi and reg
Jul 6, 2022 8:18 AM
Oct 2019
brickren said:
hello. I don't know where to find the new episode. it's not on the big three nor is it on wcostream

Muse Asia Youtube channel, if you aren't live in Asia use VPN
Jul 6, 2022 8:19 AM

Sep 2018
davidyodo24 said:
Drez05 said:

It's not, because Sentai film got the license
Time for making myself a pirate
I keep moving forward
Jul 6, 2022 8:20 AM

Apr 2019
So excited for this season. Also, Kevin Penkin is a legend, the music is already off to an amazing start.

Jul 6, 2022 8:21 AM

Jul 2011
Good beginning to remember that this anime is about the situation getting worse.
Jul 6, 2022 8:22 AM
Mar 2016
Loved it, plus the anime really helped me visualise the sea of corpses and captial of the unreturned both much easier.
Jul 6, 2022 8:22 AM

Sep 2019
The situation already appears to be dire at the start of the season, which is exactly what I expected.
Jul 6, 2022 8:32 AM

Nov 2020
The waiting is finally over. Let's continue the adventure, we shall prepare ourselves.

Jul 6, 2022 8:33 AM
Nov 2020
Pretty good first episode, really liked the osts from Kevin Penkin and I’m just glad this part is finally getting adapted’
Jul 6, 2022 8:35 AM
Dec 2020
CQLLIST said:
Did they simply jump right to Chapter 48 to depict the Three Sages' history instead of doing Chapter 38? To be honest, I was taken aback because it's literally the most disturbing part of the entire season lmao but I'm thankful that it's shown earlier than the initial chapter but at the same time that's quite concerning considering the chapters before it was nicely linked but just treat Veko's disturbing past as something separable yeah? We also notice Star Compass, which Riko discovered in the first stratum. I'm curious how long Veko's team has been searching for the abyss. Orth was not there when they arrived. Also, Veko's crew seemed to have easily reached the bottom, lending credence to the claim that the gap deepens every 2000 years. This might also explain how Riko discovered Star Compass in the first layer, which was formerly the surface when Veko and the company discovered the Abyss. Eventually, the main crew seems to be back, glad to see them once again and Nanachi and Reg hugging <3, now on we go look forward to the next journey! All in all nice episode, I hope they don’t rearrange these chapters again because I got so confused as to why they went straight to Chapter 48 :S

did they skiped anything from manga?
Jul 6, 2022 8:39 AM

Jul 2017
MiA is still MiA glad we are back.
Jul 6, 2022 8:39 AM

Feb 2017
FMmatron said:
Who else is looking forward to experience this arc properly after the irregular chapter releases? 😅 It's like I'm anime only tbh, even tho I noticed that they rearranged the backstory.

Great to have this back and we're starting off dark as per usual for this series. The sense of adventure and atmosphere are still stunning and I'm hyped. I don't think anything else will top MiA this season.

I feel exactly the same. My memory of the manga is so vague. It sure does feel like I am experiencing this for the first time lol. It's a good thing, I enjoy anime more than the manga in this case so I am happy to feel like I am going on it (semi-)blind.

As for the episode, it was really good. They continue to nail the atmosphere and art.

Jul 6, 2022 8:43 AM
Oct 2020
I've read the manga but don't remember everything so looking forward to this.
Jul 6, 2022 8:51 AM

Jul 2021
SubArU_JeAgEr said:
CQLLIST said:

did they skiped anything from manga?

I have lost a quarter of my memory because the manga has a very ass schedule but they're just rearranging Chapter 48 and then going back to Chapter 38, I'm p sure there is some content left in Chapter 48 or the latter that isn't adapted yet, they only adapt like some of it then go back to the initial chapter, that is Chapter 38, this is from my memory so I may be wrong.
CQLLISTJul 6, 2022 8:56 AM
Jul 6, 2022 8:57 AM

Jan 2021
This episode was amazing through and through, 10 out of 10 is all I can say.
Jul 6, 2022 8:58 AM

Oct 2014
They didnt waste any time and went straight to something disturbring.
Why they had to have her shit in that little bubble though I question.
Jul 6, 2022 9:15 AM
Nov 2017
This is my first ever post and I'm so happy that it's of my favorite anime of all time. Love how they decided to just jump into the Three Sages' back story to give hype and mprw context. we're finally in the 6th layer and I can't wait to keep watching and continuing this journey until the end!
Jul 6, 2022 9:15 AM
Jul 2021
This gotta be the best anime of the season by far
Jul 6, 2022 9:32 AM

Feb 2022
Wow, started as grimly as the movie ended....... Prushka /sad

Nanachi is as cute and sniffable as ever lol

So, we hit the sixth layer : the capital of the unreturned
Jul 6, 2022 9:34 AM

Mar 2021
Less then 4 mins in we got: child rape, child abuse, a man driven insane, vomiting, and 2 gruesome deaths. Yep Made In Abyss is back.
Jul 6, 2022 9:34 AM
Dec 2019
The first episode of a show is never too exciting even for a masterpiece like made in abyss. Also I don't remember these chapters of the manga being this gross. Death, body horror and sexual assault I can handle. But shitting?! That's disgusting. Looking forward to more.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

411 by YungGrif »»
Sep 26, 3:04 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2022

262 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 24, 3:54 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2022

160 by HushPuppy170 »»
Sep 23, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Jul 13, 2022

186 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 23, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2022

302 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 14, 2:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.