Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 26, 2013 7:49 AM
Sep 2010
So, I recently purchased the Japanese blu-ray of Reflection and some scenes were surprisingly absent from the production. Does anyone know if these were included in the blu-ray from Aniplex?

specifically these scenes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZmh8rSbegM

My blu-ray is missing the scene with Saito, the marriage ceremony and the birth of kenji. My bu-ray goes right from the moment at Tomoe's grave after the battle with Enishi to Kaoru waking up. It just confuses me as to why they would get rid of those scenes.
Jun 13, 2022 11:33 PM

Apr 2018
I know this is a very old thread, but for posterity's sake and anyone else who might come across this:

Those scenes are only present in the Director's Cut version of Seisou-hen (which basically edits both OVA Eps. into one movie).

To my understanding, the DC version has never seen a Bluray release, only DVD (which is now out of print); and sadly, it seems that the studio never bothered to integrate those new scenes into the subsequent Bluray release of the OVA version.

Also, yes I agree with OP that their exclusion is very unfortunate, since I liked those scenes very much. They provide a nice lighthearted contrast to all the depressing parts of the OVA, and better enhances its bittersweet tone overall.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rurouni Kenshin: Seisouhen Episode 2 Discussion

gohdan - May 2, 2010

28 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 23, 2022 8:25 PM

Poll: » Rurouni Kenshin: Seisouhen Episode 1 Discussion

Veethorn - Dec 22, 2009

10 by Samextheft »»
Sep 12, 2022 9:48 AM

» Just beautiful .. help reach this to a lot of people

Arcus____ - Jun 5, 2021

0 by Arcus____ »»
Jun 5, 2021 3:30 PM

» A director's cut version?

Mylo_08 - Jan 22, 2020

1 by WatchTillTandava »»
Mar 25, 2020 7:45 PM

» the ending... ( 1 2 )

Romeo - Apr 19, 2008

65 by Tatsuya »»
Aug 3, 2019 9:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.