Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online Progressive (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 28, 2022 3:26 AM
Jun 2021
I recently watched Aria of starless night as it just got released in India...I have some questions..

1) Who is mito?
I mean I know who she is but was her character always a part of Sao and got altered in season 1 or she is a new character added to progressive novels or she is a Studio original character???

2)This might be a spoiler(those haven't watched movie don't read the next part)

In the end of the movie

Feb 28, 2022 9:15 AM
Apr 2021
Ashwin_Kaushik said:
I recently watched Aria of starless night as it just got released in India...I have some questions..

1) Who is mito?
I mean I know who she is but was her character always a part of Sao and got altered in season 1 or she is a new character added to progressive novels or she is a Studio original character???

2)This might be a spoiler(those haven't watched movie don't read the next part)

In the end of the movie

progressive is a soft reboot of the aincrad arc the first arc in SAO and the only arc in SAO each volume is one floor for the most part and Moro is an anime original character. There are a couple threads explaining this already. Hope this helped
Feb 28, 2022 11:22 AM

Jul 2016
1. Original character created for this movie its written by Reki and has some dynamic with Asuna. And her classmate. Her role is like Kirito to Klein. Like a mentor and she teaches her to played the game. But ultimately leave her because of dangerous the game is.

2.the anime is true that Asuna not going with Kirito but in the Prgressive LN. Its a

Feb 28, 2022 4:16 PM

Oct 2020
The thing is that, in original SAO Kirito and Asuna seperates after the 1st Floor Boss raid, then they meet again after '2 whole years' and that's something we can't wait for, since progressive is going floor by floor, and it would be like 2 decades to meet Asuna. So Reki said he had two choices, either 'add a new heroine till Asuna meets Kirito again after 2 years' or 'make a little change and put Asuna from the start'. And ofc, we don't need another heroine, so he thought of using Asuna from the start, just because initial SAO fans wanted that too, so that's it.

It was told by himself in the Afterwords of SAO PROGRESSIVE 1ST Volume.
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you could (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠
Mar 17, 2022 6:52 AM

Nov 2014
Anayan_Kashyap said:
The thing is that, in original SAO Kirito and Asuna seperates after the 1st Floor Boss raid, then they meet again after '2 whole years' and that's something we can't wait for, since progressive is going floor by floor, and it would be like 2 decades to meet Asuna. So Reki said he had two choices, either 'add a new heroine till Asuna meets Kirito again after 2 years' or 'make a little change and put Asuna from the start'. And ofc, we don't need another heroine, so he thought of using Asuna from the start, just because initial SAO fans wanted that too, so that's it.

thank you for this info, i was kinda confused too
Mar 25, 2022 9:30 PM
Jan 2020
Siul-08 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

This is wholly inaccurate, even in the anime; it’s implied they go their separate ways, but not for two years.

For the Light Novels, this doesn’t happen at all. Asuna and Kirito don’t split for two years; Asuna’s introduced as someone Kirito frequently parties with and knows on Floor 74 right after Kirito leaves Klein (ignoring The First Day in V8) in V1; episode 2 was anime-OG at the time it aired.

Basically we go from Kirito leaving Klein on Floor 1, to catching the Ragout Rabbit in F74 immediately in the mainline LNs (Volume 1).

Progressive goes to flesh out what happens right after Kirito leaves Klein (and The First Day) without breaking continuity, but the anime’s butchering of the original Aria manuscript makes it seem like they split up after Episode 2.
Mar 28, 2022 8:53 AM

Nov 2014
Tharuth said:
Siul-08 said:

This is wholly inaccurate, even in the anime; it’s implied they go their separate ways, but not for two years.

For the Light Novels, this doesn’t happen at all. Asuna and Kirito don’t split for two years; Asuna’s introduced as someone Kirito frequently parties with and knows on Floor 74 right after Kirito leaves Klein (ignoring The First Day in V8) in V1; episode 2 was anime-OG at the time it aired.

Basically we go from Kirito leaving Klein on Floor 1, to catching the Ragout Rabbit in F74 immediately in the mainline LNs (Volume 1).

Progressive goes to flesh out what happens right after Kirito leaves Klein (and The First Day) without breaking continuity, but the anime’s butchering of the original Aria manuscript makes it seem like they split up after Episode 2.

i see, thank you for the clarification
Mar 28, 2022 9:00 AM
Jan 2020
Siul-08 said:
Tharuth said:

i see, thank you for the clarification

No worries :)

To kinda add, Kirito and Asuna are basically joint at the hip in Progressive from (Floor 1), but it’s implied they have a soft split after Floor 25 and Asuna joins the KoB to try to help/support weaker players, and Kirito later isolating himself after the events of the MBC.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Progressive Movie - Hoshi Naki Yoru no Aria Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Oct 29, 2021

258 by Alice103 »»
Sep 16, 4:28 PM

» Can you watch this without watching the original anime?

Strat2005 - Jan 13

11 by Sara_Karma »»
Jan 14, 10:39 PM

» How dare they???

Haroldinho07 - Jun 23, 2023

25 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jul 27, 2023 12:27 AM

» Comparison Scene

ClubAnimeYT - Jul 13, 2022

5 by hacker09 »»
Jun 20, 2023 12:07 AM

» To anyone who don't know what SAO-P is and to those who didn't like the show and wanted a well written version of the show. I'll try to clear any doubts about the show. ( 1 2 )

Anayan_Kashyap - Sep 20, 2021

54 by hacker09 »»
Jun 19, 2023 11:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.