Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 23, 2022 5:03 PM
Jul 2018
For those (like me) who fell for the yuri bait KumiRei just to find out that

Let's just think of it this way, KumikoxReina is a transcendental form of maybe love or friendship or call it however you want.

Throughout the series, we can see clearly that both of them love each other in a way that cannot be directed to anyone else. They both said to each other: "kore wa ai no kokohaku" (this is a confession of love). The word used for love here is "ai" (the pure and extreme form love) instead of "koi" (romantic love), so we can understand why both of them may have other love "koi" interests.

I believe at least that Kumiko considers her relationship with Reina the strongest.

Kumiko has even told herself once that she doesn't mind getting killed before Reina's beauty. Also, when Reina asked her if she is ready to become her ally and stay by her side (if she became the villain of the club after defeating Kaori), she said that she is prepared to get killed if she abandoned her, even though she knows that Reina was serious.
I really can't think Kumiko can say such thing and go to such lengths if the person in front of her was anyone other than Reina.

In brief, I would really love it if this ship becomes canon (
). But, even if it doesn't, I'm still convinced that this ship is really a thing. Either way, KumiRei banzai.

What do you think? Btw, any new info of season 3?
Jan 23, 2022 5:52 PM
Apr 2021
Lol I fell for that bait too XD, I was like oh wait a minute then I realized that this wasn’t a yuri anime.(I think season3 was the movie)
Woomy_on_anime_Jan 23, 2022 6:18 PM
Apr 9, 2022 1:28 AM
Feb 2022
That thing is not gonna happen because Hibike isn't a Yuri nor shoujo ai kumiko and Reina are both hetero and they like men

Kumiko and shuuiji I don't give a "s" if they don't have much development in anime
Both of them are heterosexual
And in novel

About the word "love"
There are so many definition of the word "love"

Some of the viewers just miss interpret.
Apr 9, 2022 1:51 AM
Jul 2018
seokouji31 said:
That thing is not gonna happen because Hibike isn't a Yuri nor shoujo ai kumiko and Reina are both hetero and they like men

Kumiko and shuuiji I don't give a "s" if they don't have much development in anime
Both of them are heterosexual
And in novel

Yeah, I know. I'm just saying it is not that hard to imagine an ending of the anime different from the novel.
seokouji31 said:

About the word "love"
There are so many definition of the word "love".

So, it would not be surprising if Reina and Kumiko considered each other their dearest person, even if they have other "straight" love interests.
You can think of it as the relationship between the two Nanas from the anime/manga Nana.
Apr 9, 2022 1:54 AM
Jul 2018
woomy_on_anime said:
.(I think season3 was the movie)

No, there will be a next season, sequel to the movie, about Kumiko's third high school year.
Apr 22, 2023 5:56 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Started watching the s1 and at episode 2 i get a bad feeling about this yuri bait,then started researching about the end relationship and ahhhhhhh my hunch was right it was a yuri bait, damn such a waste
May 6, 2023 3:24 AM
Jul 2019
No hope Kumiko x Reina. I know they just friend, it's just friendship, but i hope KyoAni never make them affect each other that much in 2 seasons. In ss1, we can see how much Reina influence Kumiko. The 1st change of Kumiko is in ep 3, when she talk with Reina, it's first time she say something honestly to somebody. Especially, in scene hill climbing, it's 2nd change also the biggest change in Kumiko (after that, we seen strong and keep going forward, amazing character (one of best char of all anime in my opinion 😭)). Whenever Kumiko remember someone and motivated her, it's always Reina in her mind. Right from the start, if they replace Reina is Shuji and make KumiShu have much development, i will never complain or haven't comment about that 🥲 🥲.
Apr 15, 12:55 PM
Apr 2023
True that the interactions are yuri bait but after rewatching the series, I can confirm it is not, except for the certain skippable movie of course.
Jun 29, 12:38 PM

Aug 2017
I was worried KyoAni was going to make that ship canon considering the adaptation but I'm glad Shuuchi won at the end as it must be.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium Movie 3: Chikai no Finale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Apr 18, 2019

127 by nickehhhhhh »»
Jul 25, 5:21 AM

» Turning Hibike! Euphonium into a film was a mistake, especially for the future

CickNipolla - Jul 12, 2022

14 by Nurguburu »»
Jun 29, 1:37 PM

» Anyone else feel a certain trombone player needs more love? ( 1 2 )

shanimebib - Feb 8, 2019

65 by Nurguburu »»
Jun 29, 1:12 PM

» Does Kumiko actually romantically like Asuka?

OugiRevolution - Mar 1, 2020

10 by Nurguburu »»
Jun 29, 12:42 PM

» question about this

MeganeKun_ - Jun 13, 2022

12 by WiskleGEX »»
Jun 13, 2022 11:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.