Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 2, 2021 7:49 PM

Jan 2011
So back in the day I used this platform to declare my interest in cooking. I went to school, got a business degree in both Culinary Arts and Hospitality/Tourism. Throughout that time I did what I wanted to do at least once in my life because of anime: run a panel at a convention devoted to foods in anime as well as shows related to anime. Some were packed, some were not, some were just waiting for the next panel. Same goes for how I did, ranging from most people walking out to an almost full round of applause. People taking notes on recipes, asking for references, and JELLY FILLED DONUTS! If you know you know and oh do you know. Freaking 4Kids Brock....

So what now? Of course the global bastard shut down the convention scene. Before that though I still did convention panels from davorite food shows to favorite video game music spanning the south east states cons. But more importantly to get to see friends old and new sharing like minded interests.

I think I'll try doing this again. Over time ive been shopping my local Asian market when I can and thinking of new things to do and to recreate things I've seen. I may not work in food (of all things, I work for the Government now) but if you like something you like it. May as well if it makes you happy.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» RAMENSOUP RECIPE POST: Pancit Bihon

RamenSoup43 - Nov 24, 2016

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Nov 24, 2016 4:44 AM

» KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "Chopsticks Dos and Don'ts"

RamenSoup43 - Nov 21, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Nov 21, 2015 8:14 PM

» KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "There's a party in my mouth and everyone's invited!"

RamenSoup43 - Apr 4, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Apr 4, 2015 7:04 AM

» KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "Just showing off?"

RamenSoup43 - Apr 1, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Apr 1, 2015 11:05 PM

» Gourmet Girl Graffiti - I've been waiting for a show like this!

RamenSoup43 - Feb 17, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Feb 17, 2015 10:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.