Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 27, 2020 7:43 AM

Oct 2020
What are chances of getting season 2 or this was just made to promote manga?
処刑課師匠
Dec 27, 2020 7:46 AM
Mar 2019
depend of sell. the manga its ,mensual its 56 chapter now.

but have possibilities
Dec 27, 2020 7:51 AM
Jul 2018
I really doubt it, for reasons I stated elsewhere
Dec 27, 2020 7:55 AM
Nov 2017
The anime adapts chapters 1-28 of the manga, so there's material to come
But given this non-ending, it will probably be a while if/until a season 2 comes out.
I turn signatures off, you can too with this lnk
Dec 27, 2020 8:14 AM
Feb 2014
I must just read the manga then
Dec 27, 2020 8:31 AM
Nov 2020
Well it's one of the most popular shows studio Bridge has, excluding Fairy tail which was cooproduction. I believe manga still need at least 5 more chapters released until they can start a 2nd season's production, because now in manga there is no good point they could give us a satisfying ending to s2 unlike s1 had (which still wasn't as ideal as I hoped for, but whatever). Considering this show's initial popularity it has risen quite nicely during it's airing period. I would keep my hope up for 2nd season.
Dec 27, 2020 8:31 AM

Oct 2015
I truly hope they make a 2nd season this show has been the biggest surprise of this fall season for me.
Dec 27, 2020 9:00 AM

Jan 2014
There is enough chaps to cover to make a second season, but if they will? Not sure.
Dec 27, 2020 9:06 AM
May 2016
There should be enough in terms of chapters, but it depends on sales and/or attention in the west. The studio is also making the new Shaman King anime, so it depends on how long that goes.

All things considered, unless they change studios, it could be a while before season 2, if season 2 is even on the table. I recommend the manga.

The anime doesn't really enhance the series that much outside of the basics that an anime would add, so it's easy to move to the manga
Dec 27, 2020 9:17 AM

Jun 2019
NG_Chloe said:
but it depends on sales and/or attention in the west.

Japan's anime industry doesn't give a fuck about anything other than Japan lemme tell you.
I like girls with horns
Dec 27, 2020 9:35 AM

Jun 2016
probably season 2 not this year and next year i guess !!
Dec 27, 2020 9:39 AM
May 2016
Laesx said:
NG_Chloe said:
but it depends on sales and/or attention in the west.

Japan's anime industry doesn't give a fuck about anything other than Japan lemme tell you.

That's how things used to be, but there are cases where extreme popularity outside of Japan has lead to there being more seasons.

Dr. Stone for example, wasn't super popular in Japan, nor did it do much to boost manga sales. However, A LOT of people outside of Japan watched it, leading to the stone wars announcement
Dec 27, 2020 9:40 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Yes, please!

34k followers on twitter for a single-cour title isn't too bad but nothing overly outstanding either. Hopefully, this will warrant a 2nd season even then.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 27, 2020 10:14 AM

Jun 2019
NG_Chloe said:

That's how things used to be, but there are cases where extreme popularity outside of Japan has lead to there being more seasons.

What do you mean by "used", Anime following outside Japan is pretty minor now and it was even less some years ago in comparison (also the amount of money people pour into it), Japan doesn't get almost anything from overseas sales too, that's mainly why they don't care.
NG_Chloe said:

Dr. Stone for example, wasn't super popular in Japan, nor did it do much to boost manga sales. However, A LOT of people outside of Japan watched it, leading to the stone wars announcement

Dr. Stone is produced by crunchyroll so of course that's a different story, but afaik it didn't do bad in Japan lol.
I like girls with horns
Dec 27, 2020 11:15 AM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
Highly unlikely, usually only the really popular shows with really popular source material get a second season. This is probably just gonna be your typical one off anime to get people to go buy the manga (which is a shame because I really loved this show and the manga's pace / release schedule is really slow). In addition, there's not even enough remaining source material to cover a second season (seems like it's a few chapters short still). So unfortunately as much as I'd love to see a second season, I don't see it happening.
Dec 27, 2020 11:17 AM

Oct 2020
Kyotosomo said:
Highly unlikely, usually only the really popular shows with really popular source material get a second season. This is probably just gonna be your typical one off anime to get people to go buy the manga (which is a shame because I really loved this show and the manga's pace / release schedule is really slow). In addition, there's not even enough remaining source material to cover a second season (seems like it's a few chapters short still). So unfortunately as much as I'd love to see a second season, I don't see it happening.

Dam,well that's a shame, I guess imma head out to read the manga then since this series is so good and underrated
処刑課師匠
Dec 27, 2020 11:23 AM
Jan 2020
Kyotosomo said:

Well for me, I still see the hope for that.
Dec 27, 2020 1:36 PM

May 2014
I can't say one way or the other. The anime did pretty decently and generated more attention than expected, so the chances are significantly greater than zero, but they aren't super-solid either. I am not a real expert on things like this, but that is my gut feeling here.

This show was a dark horse if I've ever seen one. They probably didn't anticipate doing even as well as this. I don't know if they can make the decision right at this moment. Waiting for manga sales figures, probably?
Dec 27, 2020 1:54 PM

May 2015
I will hope for my dear heart. That's like the worst place to stop a story!!

Sku_Te said:
I really doubt it, for reasons I stated elsewhere

This says nothing.
Dec 27, 2020 2:02 PM
Jul 2018
On the contrary, it could well explain why it wouldn't get a second series.
Dec 27, 2020 2:26 PM

Mar 2012
p
Murajsam5673 said:
Please god no, the manga gets awful the further it goes on and abandons its entire premise
Dec 28, 2020 7:45 PM

Jul 2011
I hope so, one of my most favorite anime I've seen this year.
Dec 29, 2020 3:36 AM

Jan 2015
Nana is very cute. I'd like to have her as my girlfriend even if she kills me in a gruesome way If i cheat on her. jokes aside I enjoyed watching this show till the end and I really hope there will be a Second Season. Her Smile, Isn't that Great?
Dec 29, 2020 8:13 AM
Jan 2020
SparkleDuck said:
p
Murajsam5673 said:
Please god no, the manga gets awful the further it goes on and abandons its entire premise

Awful? How? Why Am I getting more interested for what happened in further on?
Jan 1, 2021 5:55 AM
Jun 2020
Really deserves a season 2, first anime to make me want to read the manga of and it’s honestly a lot of fun and really entertaining, this season that aired looked like it was doing a lot to correctly adapt the manga to have a smooth transition into a season 2 and it would totally be better, I hope the developers and studios find season 2 warranted enough to make because I would love to see these manga chapters I’m reading animated! Though based on the past it’s likely it won’t get a season 2 or if it does we’ll have to wait at least 4 years since this isn’t one of the big animes in this seasonal run
Jan 1, 2021 3:09 PM

May 2015
I beg to god we get a season 2. That ending is too much of a tease to not get a season 2. Its been an amazing anime all the way through, so interesting.

I really hope they release an english version of the manga (Printed) so I can buy it and support the artist. Also just to have the manga too lol. Normally when an anime airs theres a good chance it gets an english manga release but since Talentless Nana is a bit more of an underground anime Im worried its manga will never get an english release.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 2, 2021 9:17 AM

Mar 2014
They have material (chapter remaining), i would depend on BD/DVD sales+eventual manga boost.

On the other hand, they don't have a good stopping point at the moment (I mean, they did not had a good one in S1, should have 1 (or 2) more episodes for the closing of Invisible Blade arc,
). Maybe chapter 48, but that's to soon (18 chapters vs 28 of season 1).

SparkleDuck said:
p
Murajsam5673 said:

The hell? Early arcs (camera and zombie arcs) were horrible and full of plot induced stupidity. Chars were being introduced just to be killed in a chapter or 2.

This manga totally get's better around Survival of the Fittest and Invisible Blade. Only problem is author keeps introducing more and more "new students" per arc.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Jan 2, 2021 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
And I suppose all the new ones are idiots too...
Jan 2, 2021 2:47 PM

Mar 2012
Sku_Te said:
they are. the manga is the same except instead of being a cat and mouse game it becomes a

If you looked at the manga score just a month ago, you'd see that most people reading it did not like it at all. It shows that the sudden influx of fans really is just a bandwagon.
Jan 2, 2021 3:10 PM
Jul 2018
SparkleDuck said:
Sku_Te said:
they are. the manga is the same except instead of being a cat and mouse game it becomes a

If you looked at the manga score just a month ago, you'd see that most people reading it did not like it at all. It shows that the sudden influx of fans really is just a bandwagon.

Yes, certainly looks it. Which would bode bad tidings for the anime (in addition to any sales woes). Oh well... that's life...
Jan 2, 2021 4:22 PM
Nov 2020
SparkleDuck said:
Sku_Te said:

When anime started airing the manga score kept rising since then, and that's more then a month. When the anime aired the score droped most during ep 4-8, after 9th ep it started slowly rising till the anime finished, so I suppose people liked Nana not killing anybody and starting slowly started opening and developing more then her doing same repetetive shit like Photo, Necro chapters were. This show was never supposed to cat and mouse/among us game. Less I look at it that way, better it gets.
About the spoiler: Not really, that's what most people will assume what's going to happen after the anime ended, but no, that's not what's happening in latest manga chapters, maybe we will get to that point someday, but before that something else needs to happen and that ''something'' is what most of the people are eager to see.
StrykerynoJan 2, 2021 5:33 PM
Jan 3, 2021 7:48 AM

Apr 2015
I really hope we get a season 2 sometime because I for one really enjoyed this anime from start to finish. It turned to be a surprise hit for me.
Jan 7, 2021 10:49 AM

Dec 2018
Hopefully. It’s a crime to leave on a cliffhanger when there’s so much up in the air.
Feb 16, 2021 6:07 PM

Oct 2013
This show was surprisingly fun, I have no idea why it's rated so poorly. I'm hoping for a season 2.
Feb 17, 2021 9:03 PM
Aug 2013
ghoulcustomer said:
This show was surprisingly fun, I have no idea why it's rated so poorly. I'm hoping for a season 2.

it's rated poorly because the entire series is stupid, every character is poorly written, and have an insanely strong plot armor

even 10 yo kids who play among us is smarter than characters in this series
Himahito12Feb 17, 2021 9:10 PM
Feb 17, 2021 9:04 PM

Jul 2020
It doesn't have enough source material even for one cour.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Feb 18, 2021 9:16 AM
Nov 2020
Scordolo said:

Actually it does. 1st season covered 28 manga chapters, currently there are 58 chapters of manga.
But I don't think we'll get season 2 announcement until 2022/23 considering staff and studio are busy with other projects. And by that time there should be a plenty of a source material.

Feb 18, 2021 9:22 AM

Jul 2020
Strykeryno said:
Scordolo said:

Actually it does. 1st season covered 28 manga chapters, currently there are 58 chapters of manga.
But I don't think we'll get season 2 announcement until 2022/23 considering staff and studio are busy with other projects. And by that time there should be a plenty of a source material.

But did the anime affect the sales?If it didn't then season 2 is less likely.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 23, 2021 7:18 AM
May 2016
Laesx said:
NG_Chloe said:

What do you mean by "used", Anime following outside Japan is pretty minor now and it was even less some years ago in comparison (also the amount of money people pour into it), Japan doesn't get almost anything from overseas sales too, that's mainly why they don't care.
NG_Chloe said:

Dr. Stone is produced by crunchyroll so of course that's a different story, but afaik it didn't do bad in Japan lol.

You realize anime is actually fairly main stream outside of Japan nowadays, so of course I'm gonna say "used".

But CR only funded more Dr. Stone because it did really well in the U.S., just looking at the amount of MAL users. It does show however that if a company smells money, they will assist with finding.

I know Netflix anime get all of their budget payer off as soon as Netflix licenses something

More topics from this board

» talentless nana S2?

VELVET_BLUES - Jun 24, 2021

18 by Sku_te »»
Oct 18, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ringare - Dec 27, 2020

267 by Sku_te »»
Oct 11, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2020

132 by GOBERSERK »»
Jun 12, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

XXXXXXXXXIII - Sep 26, 2020

285 by EmiliaPinkman »»
May 27, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Munou na Nana Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2020

133 by Narity_ »»
Feb 13, 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.