Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 21, 2020 1:30 PM

Nov 2013
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but according to the beginning of the first episode, the Reiruroodo are humanoid or dolls who help to control the trains, and, if I understood the text correctly, they have a body to drive and a body for the maintenance of the train, that can be interchanged with a tablet.
I had already read in the vndb description of the visual novel that they are "humanoid control module", and I dislike robots, so I thought twice before watching the anime, since I was afraid of the possibility of seeing robots with the appearance of girls recharging their battery with a power plug or something like that, but I ended up watching the anime anyway because of the aesthetics that are agreeable according to my tastes, and fortunately I didn't see anything mecha-like in the anime. The girls were just living like human beings all the time, taking baths and all. And the narrator even used the verb いる, that is used for living beings, instead of ある, when he said that the reiruroodo exist. So I'm a bit confused, especially since, unless I missed something, it was never stated that they were somehow manufactured or developed; It just says that they exist.
Can someone who has played the visual novel do me the favor of giving a better explanation about what they are, and, possibly, how they came into existence in case they are not just normal humans conventionally called reiruroodo? Are they organic living beings with a heart, veins, and blood, or are they just robots with a mechanical inner side just like those automatons from Karakuri Circus?
I know this is fiction, so anything is possible. Perhaps the creator of the series didn't even think about their inner side, but I still would enjoy the series more if I knew for certain that they are not robots, but just fairy-like beings, if not humans.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 2, 2021 9:37 AM

May 2016
Raillords are androids with human-like features, and they consider their trains as their "other half". They are like a humanoid interface, because they monitor the systems of their trains and communicate its status to the engineer who drives the train. They can also communicate telepathically between each other to increase the speed of information exhange (e.g. to notify each other of a derailing, to avoid collisions etc).
They can partake in human activities like bathing and eating, but those aren't necessary for them. If the Raillord is a steam locomotive, she only needs to eat coal to keep operating, if she's a diesel locomotive she only needs to drink oil. And they consider themselves as "things" which their engineer owns.

And yes, the creator thought about their inner side, because the visual novel is an eroge.
SnailSavantJan 2, 2021 10:43 AM
Jan 3, 2021 8:58 PM

Nov 2013
LoliWorshipper said:
Raillords are androids with human-like features, and they consider their trains as their "other half". They are like a humanoid interface, because they monitor the systems of their trains and communicate its status to the engineer who drives the train. They can also communicate telepathically between each other to increase the speed of information exhange (e.g. to notify each other of a derailing, to avoid collisions etc).
They can partake in human activities like bathing and eating, but those aren't necessary for them. If the Raillord is a steam locomotive, she only needs to eat coal to keep operating, if she's a diesel locomotive she only needs to drink oil. And they consider themselves as "things" which their engineer owns.

And yes, the creator thought about their inner side, because the visual novel is an eroge.

Damn, that's too bad (at least to me). But thank you for giving a detailed answer.
ColtBuntlineJan 3, 2021 9:03 PM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rail Romanesque Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 18, 2020

18 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 7, 10:37 AM

Poll: » Rail Romanesque Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 11, 2020

14 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 7, 10:33 AM

Poll: » Rail Romanesque Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2020

8 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 7, 10:25 AM

Poll: » Rail Romanesque Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2020

6 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 7, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Rail Romanesque Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 20, 2020

7 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 7, 10:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.