Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2020 7:40 AM

Apr 2020
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

Finally a new chapter!

And oh my God, that chapter was very sad... Seeing Reg knocked out after fighting, Faputa receiving his mother's memories... The scene in which Nanachi arrives with Belafu was very cool, Wazukyan by the way will still have a certain relevance in this arc. And the creatures finally managed to enter the village, the next chapter is going to be crazy.
Cassio_SenaNov 20, 2020 8:47 AM
Nov 20, 2020 12:44 PM

Jan 2015
Gorgeous artwork as always.

Oof, Reg took a huge L and got BTFO. I wasn’t expecting that tbh. Faputa’s power is frightening. Hopefully he will be okay by the end of the arc without any major injury. I have to say, the battle got quite bloody and tragic.

Damn, so Belafu just died like that against Faputa. She’s that strong, I’m not surprised tho.
She also seems to have inherited the memories of the Ganja village through Belafu as a gift, that’s interesting, and was also sad to see Faputa cry this much.

The big horse is gonna join the battle next chapter, I doubt everyone will come out alive from that. Hopefully Faputa will survive, I’ve come to love her character so much it would be a tragedy to see her die. I really hope that’s not gonna be the case.

XenocrisiNov 21, 2020 3:30 AM
Nov 20, 2020 6:26 PM

Oct 2019
gotta say, I haven't read this in a while since it's been a couple of months since the previous chapter, but I have no idea what just happened.

Pain...
Nov 21, 2020 4:45 AM
Nov 2020
Author introduced so many concepts during this arc (balancing powers, value system, monster hunting festival, etc), but so far no one of them was utilized in any meaningful way. We've just got a super contrived plot with Belaf's memory restoration that fixed all of the major conflicts of this arc. So many chapters were spent to explain how the village works, but in the end everything is solved with another fresh new idea of memories being transported via smells.

I thought the set up of this arc was really cool and interesting, but the ending seems really boring. Just another "good children teaming up against a bad guy that wants to sacrifice a kid". The tension between party members or party members and Faputa was simply removed with the powers of Deus Ex Snake.
Nov 24, 2020 7:07 AM

Jun 2017
Oh? Did Tsukushi finally decide to awake from his slumber and actually work on another chapter for once?

Jokes aside, out of all the "recent" chapters you had to wait months and months for it to release, chapter 56 might have been the most dissapointing one of them all. I am not familiar with the procedures that have to be taken in order to release a manga chapter, but holy crap, you would normally assume the an author would have something big planned if he takes 4 months(!) for a new chapter release. Instead you only get another filler.

Don't get me wrong, Made in Abyss is still such a jaw dropping Manga and has made me so invested in it's world build and the characters. That's why it's such a pity that the time between release dates are so incredibly long.

Does anyone even know why Tsukushi now takes so much time to release a chapter? Has he lost his passion?
There is no cure for being a cunt.
Nov 25, 2020 1:52 AM
Mar 2018
ngl im pretty confused as to wtf just happened. robot man and belafu just died just like that. it seems like faputa got trapped by the same thing nanachi had when she found "mitty" again. im glad faputa isnt being swayed by the "revenge is bad" plot yet. i hope faputa's revenge plot gets resolved nicely without it going to "ah shit my b i actually change my mind. killing ppl is bad" type of deal
Nov 25, 2020 1:57 AM

Oct 2019
damn. i will never get tired of this art, looks great- i have no idea what's going on in the story anymore though lmao.

some of Faputa's expressions are really well done.

- โœผ -

๐Ÿ‘ hyped for 2022 lockdown ๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘ all good things come in threes ๐Ÿ‘

- - โœฝ - -
Dec 14, 2020 5:49 PM

Nov 2008
Can Faputa just quit being a raging bitch already and stop hurting characters I care about? :T lol

Dec 18, 2020 6:29 PM
Dec 2019
First off this is my favorite manga series. As soon as I started to reading. I have been reading manga 16 years neave has a series Impressed me as much as this one story artwork characters its a 10/10 no question. Now that that is all out of this way this chapter was amazing the discussion nechian is having with herself and about the possibility that leader might have for riko was so well done and all the new information motion on where the other cradle of greed I hope that is right sry if this is misspelled also I love all the emotions that the princess was having before and after her memories returned to her all so I for the main leader name but I wish that he would just die not anyways thanks for taking the time to read this one nerd thoughts anyway everybody keep enjoying MADE IN ABYSS
Dec 28, 2020 12:42 PM

Apr 2016
When you think shit can't go more serious than that, it will.
Jan 28, 2021 11:13 PM

Mar 2020
that Nanachi x Belafu entrance was top 10 most badass moments in anime
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jan 17, 2023 12:50 PM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
Fapute wake up of the nightmare?! kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 69 Discussion

Satou0Kun - Aug 31

25 by topfloorboss45 »»
Oct 18, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 68 Discussion

Satou0Kun - Aug 31

6 by nanajp »»
Oct 16, 3:49 PM

» When is the manga likely to end

loafing_loafer - Sep 22

6 by ZachyMoof »»
Oct 4, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 67 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Feb 14

34 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 27, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Chapter 61 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Oct 19, 2021

29 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 24, 10:06 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.