New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 11, 2020 2:09 PM

Jul 2012
Hananofuru said:
iNameless_ said:

Sure.
    but what I mean is that making Sumere get Taichi's interest seems impossible to me in the course of the remaining chapters seeing that Taichi's love/obsession is so strong it survived Chihaya's obliviousness and her longing for Arata and everything...
    Taichi has also seen Sumere's care and kindness but wasn't attracted to it so I find it difficult to imagine any spark of mutual romantic interest between them and because of this, if it happens, I will feel like it's only to make Taichi move on from Chihaya, aka Sumere is a replacement.

What i think will be more convincing to me, is that Taichi moves on to build a positive self instead, he will stay alone and focus on himself the right way .. Sumere can be a friend all this time (not very close though) and when Taichi sees himself the right way, when he could finally love himself, he will see everyone in a different light too, Sumere included.
    -IS WHAT I THINK.

She doesn't really have to make them canon or get them together. She could just show them getting closer, and that could be in the very far future :3 idk, after the illustration I find it very possible and I never thought Sumire had a chance! lol

I don't ship Sumire-chan with Taichi, because it's hard to imagine them together, but after thinking: it really is possible to happen. I'm re-watching some parts of season 1 and I see that Taichi dated some common girl before he met Chihaya after the timeskip. He told Chihaya that it's because that girl asked him herself. Although he probably agreed to date, because he wanted Chihaya to be jealous or simply he wanted to have an experience. Now I'm thinking that if Sumire-chan invites him for a date, he'd agree to come, why not? He suffered too much. I'm sure he won't have feelings of crazy love to Sumire, but real couples do not always have mad feelings for each other. It was shown from the beginning that Taichi respects Sumire and finds her beautiful. Trust and respect may be enough. Surely, Sumire-chan doesn't have this strong presence as Chihaya and Shinobu, but no one does.
Jun 11, 2020 4:41 PM

Apr 2020
Hayama-Mizuki said:

I don't ship Sumire-chan with Taichi, because it's hard to imagine them together, but after thinking: it really is possible to happen. I'm re-watching some parts of season 1 and I see that Taichi dated some common girl before he met Chihaya after the timeskip. He told Chihaya that it's because that girl asked him herself. Although he probably agreed to date, because he wanted Chihaya to be jealous or simply he wanted to have an experience. Now I'm thinking that if Sumire-chan invites him for a date, he'd agree to come, why not? He suffered too much. I'm sure he won't have feelings of crazy love to Sumire, but real couples do not always have mad feelings for each other. It was shown from the beginning that Taichi respects Sumire and finds her beautiful. Trust and respect may be enough. Surely, Sumire-chan doesn't have this strong presence as Chihaya and Shinobu, but no one does.

Mizuki-chan, I don't think Taichi would go out with Sumire right now if she were to ask him, at least not out of pity because that would contradict his development and go back to what he used to be. If he were to be with Sumire it'll be because he really is into her, and that will take time, maybe when they are adults.

I think Taichi has already noticed Sumire's care without her intending him to see, like when she defended from his mother:

Btw in my rewatch I noticed this scene above and the one with Arata telling Chihaya "let's play karuta together" have both green background. Do you think it means something? color has a lot of meaning and in media they must have chosen green for some reason...I mean the first scenes of Arata's confession were lilac/pink-ish so why didn't the following scene had that same color as background?

Another thing is that rewatching Harada vs Arata episode, Inokuma-san has monologue in which she says something like "Only people who lose can change" and in that same moment we get the image of Shinobu! foreshadowing of her loss as a queen?
HananofuruJun 11, 2020 4:49 PM
Jun 11, 2020 11:31 PM

Jul 2012
Hananofuru said:
Hayama-Mizuki said:

Mizuki-chan, I don't think Taichi would go out with Sumire right now if she were to ask him, at least not out of pity because that would contradict his development and go back to what he used to be. If he were to be with Sumire it'll be because he really is into her, and that will take time, maybe when they are adults.

I think Taichi has already noticed Sumire's care without her intending him to see, like when she defended from his mother:

Btw in my rewatch I noticed this scene above and the one with Arata telling Chihaya "let's play karuta together" have both green background. Do you think it means something? color has a lot of meaning and in media they must have chosen green for some reason...I mean the first scenes of Arata's confession were lilac/pink-ish so why didn't the following scene had that same color as background?

Another thing is that rewatching Harada vs Arata episode, Inokuma-san has monologue in which she says something like "Only people who lose can change" and in that same moment we get the image of Shinobu! foreshadowing of her loss as a queen?

No, of course this is possible when they're less busy. Right now it would be out of place. I mean if Taichi will have feelings to Sumire, they wouldn't include jealousy and envy and wouldn't be crazy. Sumire doesn't annoy him. With Chihaya he was annoyed about many things, but still wanted to stay by her side. He was more obsessed than in love. 

Oh wow! Yesterday I also payed attention at the green background in the s1 and wondered why green out of all. It was an episode where Arata told Chihaya that she shouldn't have such a scary face at the beginning of the match. She looked at Arata with the same surprised eyes: https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?action=view&t=pic&id=29843&pid=237027
I love that the anime brings more to us, because we don't see the colours in the manga.

I hope Shinobu will lose this time. I don't want to see Arata or Chihaya in pain.
Jun 12, 2020 6:51 AM
Jun 2014
iNameless_ said:

Mayuka said:
@MashimaTaichi_ @iNameless_ Thanks for the comments! I'll pass them to my group too, you guys are so kind ^_^

Middle School Arc is gonna have a lot of Arata starting from chapter 6 so look forward~!

@Avish kun, read this?
You were wishing for the English translation and Tada~ This team appears ^^
Yess!! we look forward to it thank you very much again and again Mayuka chaaan *waves enthusiastically* !!!

Oh, yes! Thank you iNameless san. I found it few days back while I was searching for Novel translations. And their group name is 'Best Boy Taichi'. Not very subtle! Haha. I didn't know they are part of this group! And they are doing a really great job, so I'll join in with thanking them. :)

For the pics, it's on Instagram HERE, you are late to the party Avish kun hihi, Taichi fans were freaking out even though I don't get it

Oooh! I guess when you were partying on Instagram, I was sleeping!! :D And when aren't Taichi fans freaking out?!! ;)

And what if Sensei posts Ara and Chi next (with "love")?? :D

About demon Arata being 'araburu'. Didn't demon Arata became so calm that Murao thought 'Are you even breathing?' Doesn't that go against the meaning of 'araburu'? 'Araburu' Arata IMO was the one who played as Murao described 'greedy and unsteady Karuta' against Shinobu... but he too was 'so calm' according to Chihaya during that match... so I dunno... haha...
AvishJun 12, 2020 7:30 AM
Jun 14, 2020 12:18 AM

Jul 2012
Just popping in to say next chapter of Middle School Arc should be done in a few days! I just posted chapter 5 which is Taichi-focused. Chapter 6 is gonna be Arata focused. :)
Jun 14, 2020 2:01 AM
Jun 2014
Mayuka said:
Just popping in to say next chapter of Middle School Arc should be done in a few days! I just posted chapter 5 which is Taichi-focused. Chapter 6 is gonna be Arata focused. :)

Thank you for this Mayuka-san and team!

Such lovable dorks! Even though this is not canon, it's still fun to read and makes me nostalgic! :)

Looking forward to Arata chapter...
Jun 14, 2020 10:52 AM

Apr 2020
@Hayama-Mizuki

Oh wow! Yesterday I also payed attention at the green background in the s1 and wondered why green out of all. It was an episode where Arata told Chihaya that she shouldn't have such a scary face at the beginning of the match. She looked at Arata with the same surprised eyes: https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?action=view&t=pic&id=29843&pid=237027
I love that the anime brings more to us, because we don't see the colours in the manga.

wow that's true! Also Chihaya and Arata's illustration for winning the popularity poll also had green colors. Could it be it represents freshness?

@Avish

No such luck! I'm afraid that's too daring even for sensei. However she did like Ayumi-san's lover's day illustration that was captioned with "love" just like her insta post so maybe that IS the hint ;)

About demon Arata being 'araburu'. Didn't demon Arata became so calm that Murao thought 'Are you even breathing?' Doesn't that go against the meaning of 'araburu'? 'Araburu' Arata IMO was the one who played as Murao described 'greedy and unsteady Karuta' against Shinobu... but he too was 'so calm' according to Chihaya during that match... so I dunno... haha...

So far a lot of things are contradicting each other but I still believe Sensei will go this route, at least for now. Speaking of the 'calmness' against Shinobu, Harada-sensei told Chihaya that Shinobu was acting just like in her match against Arata. Did he meant the one that was broadcasted in youtube as practice or the one from the highschool tournament from s2?

@Mayuka thank you for the translations!
Jun 15, 2020 12:53 AM
Jun 2014
Hananofuru said:

@Avish

No such luck! I'm afraid that's too daring even for sensei. However she did like Ayumi-san's lover's day illustration that was captioned with "love" just like her insta post so maybe that IS the hint ;)

So far a lot of things are contradicting each other but I still believe Sensei will go this route, at least for now. Speaking of the 'calmness' against Shinobu, Harada-sensei told Chihaya that Shinobu was acting just like in her match against Arata. Did he meant the one that was broadcasted in youtube as practice or the one from the highschool tournament from s2?

Oh, I was only teasing about Sensei posting Ara-Chi with "love", as in what will Taichi fans do then? :D But I don't think she'll hold back if she wanted to post any such art. Her bias (or preference) is pretty visible when liking, re-tweeting stuff. No comment about those being hints though, haha! ;)

Which route? Araburu Arata or Demon Arata? or do you feel both are same route?

And yes, I think Harada-sensei might be referring to the 1st final. Cause that was the match Shinobu smiled radiantly, even after losing. I don't recall her smiling like that during any other matches.
AvishJun 15, 2020 1:13 AM
Jun 17, 2020 1:52 PM

Nov 2018
    Hi fellow fans,
    I think Suetsugu's twitter will always keep me thinking (beside my overthinking nature I guess)
    but before I talk about what picked my interest, there is this?

"Becoming Mejin was my promise to grandpa. It has nothing to do with my dream."
    I don't know about the anime but in Chapter 107 Arata rather said: "I promised my grandpa to become a meijin and that's my dream"
    I also wondered what IS actually his dream: becoming a Meijin? or fulfilling his promise?
    Also Arata seemed very passionate in the past, Chihaya felt it and said that what she received that day wasn't karuta but Arata's passion. but really, even I feel a sense of obligation in Arata's recent matches, whenever he imagines his grandfather, it's as if he is telling him: Ok gramps, I didn't forget I'm still working to do what you want.
    But, I also still vividly remember when Arata cried saying that he REALLY likes karuta.
    So I second your question Avish, what is Arata's real desire, what does he really wish for himself? Or does he really want to become meijin but because of the guilt towards his grandfather he no longer feels the same passion? Could Chihaya help him get it back then?

the sitting position
    Thank you very much for informing me, guess don't pay the needed attention to "details", thankfully you do ^^

Arata inspired Chihaya by (coincidentally) using the same words as Taichi used before.
    I wonder if it's mere coincidence or Arata did it knowing what kind of a person Taichi is and what words he will say in a similar situation... dunno why, but for some reason, I feel like the second option is the right one.

'araburu' mean chaotic, wild? That doesn't sound like Arata...
    Interesting take... Araburu is also used to describe "evil" powers, demon Arata was a state were he was seen as an evil power trampling on Taichi's feelings.. so if the names Arata & Chihaya were used to link these two characters to Chihayaburu & Araburu, then maybe this detail is the one meant? Evil?
    Arata said that he lacked mercilessness in his karuta, Could adding it turn Chihayaburu into Araburu?

@iNameless_!!!
    huge efforts thank you very very much!!!
    I can see what you mean and I can really do what you said: if I use "Passion" instead of Chiha in all these moments, the meaning will really be the same with a bit more intensity!!!!
    So yess! I adopt this conclusion too, but the question now is:
    did Chiha keep that meaning after that?
    I also noticed that Taichi started to aim for Chiha specifically after he won class A he kinda changed and started to have an impact on Chihaya, it almost looked like he became Chihaya's Chiha? yes he took it from Arata so what does that mean?

NOT THAT I'M WORRIED because the fact that Chihaya wondered about Chiha specifically in her match with Arata means that the "Chiha"<->Arata link is still there; Also what Wataya san mentioned about when Suo asked Chihaya to translate the poem into English and she wasn't happy to realize that it will only feel like a scenery poem, Chihaya has a specific meaning of Chiha and looks like she doesn't want it to be lost.

looking forward to read the rest of your analysis ...

Could it be that Arata won't be able to take "Chiha" until Chihaya doesn't respond in kind to his passion?
    This question reminded me of something else Wataya kun said when he predicted what might happen in chapter 226 before its release while we were expecting Taichi to be the one to sheer Chihaya up:
    I said i will wait for Arata’s issue to be addressed and for me, it might also include resolving his situation with Chihaya, it's a possibility, because he might start to apply that lesson “let go and fight” for her that he was persistently confronted with for some reason;

Wataya san mentioned another possibility which is Arata taking action instead and that's what actually happened!!
    So here too, we think that Taichi should return Chiha first (somehow because if Chiha means Chihaya's passion, he can restore it without using the card itself) and the other possibility is that either Chihaya or Arata (or both) find their way back to thir passion and be the ones to pull Taichi in into their happy world again?
    again what we can do is only waiting and hoping for the best.

Chihaya will win before Arata.
    Very unlikely I think (unless she loses, Arata continues his match, she wantches, he is desperate but passionate nevertheless, she gets her spirit back, he loses too, feels down, she cheers him up by telling him how she felt, both are fired up to try again next year, the tournament ends, they go also fired up to "Oe Cup" and they play their passionate match etc ...
    Or maybe not lol )
    After all, it's like Hayama chan said, This manga is so unpredictable !!
    Or ... as Hananochan said:

there are hints to lot of what might happen
    I noticed this too; in addition to the match between Taichi and Nishida mentioned, there are also some I can remember now:

the manga continues for another 2 years.
    Is this really too long?
    I think it all started with my little counting after I read the interview where sensei said that she will write up to 50 volumes max, but did I get it right? back then I thought every match will be 3 chapters long max but things have changed now, they might rather be like this:

If the three coming matches will be as detailed as the first two (I think they should because lot is still unaddressed), then we are getting 8 or 12 chapters after the tournament and I think this is not lot?

About the Sumere x Taichi post, I also wonder what Suetsugu sensei was trying to do, sure she might be just acknowledging Sumere's feelings and giving them some importance, but couldn't she do it without including Taichi? We all know that Sumere's main role is about LOVE in Chihayafuru so drawing her with the caption LOVE would have been more than enough
    Also I'm sure Suetsugu Knows that adding Taichi will trigger his fans but she did it anyway .. I really wonder why...

By the way she drew another illustration of him, it was a gift to someone who gave her a candy looking like a lip balm and saying that it's for Taichi or something, so she drew him using it (and said that he will taste sweet if he had to kiss at that moment)
    Here is the illustration (according to the comments, Taichi fans are very happy with it I guess and they are drawing some fan arts of Chihaya and Taichi kissing (which she didn't comment on or like YET). (a bit evil but for a sec, I imagined someone drew Sumere and him kissing instead, will she react seeing that she made a close post just recently? :D)

green background
    Sorry if this sounds annoying but personally I don't see this a thing as long as it's not what the author did!
    What the anime stuff does doesn't mean anything, not more than what the manga meant anyway.
    I'm very skeptical when it comes to what I consider canon material and anything the anime gives that doesn't exist in the manga isn't canon (unless we are told that Suetsugu is the one who recommended it)

Shinobu was acting just like in her match against Arata
    I think he meant the official match.
    Shinobu chan was talking a lot to the cards in that match, she was thinking whether she should give up on some or go to take them all.. it's probably this connection with the cards that Harada noticed (but couldn't apprehend) ... For him, it's a sign that Chihaya actually got stronger with her new style and could make Shinobu clinch to her style and secret more explicitly.

Jun 19, 2020 7:35 AM

Jul 2012
MashimaTaichi_ said:

green background
Sorry if this sounds annoying but personally I don't see this a thing as long as it's not what the author did!
What the anime stuff does doesn't mean anything, not more than what the manga meant anyway.
I'm very skeptical when it comes to what I consider canon material and anything the anime gives that doesn't exist in the manga isn't canon (unless we are told that Suetsugu is the one who recommended it)
[/list]

@MashimaTaichi_ , I guess the animators see manga chapters in colors. Small details in the background like leaves which can be barely seen and the imaginary sunlight give the impression of green color. We are unexperienced and couldn't see this, when we read the manga.
Hayama-MizukiJun 19, 2020 1:07 PM
Jun 19, 2020 10:46 AM

Jul 2012
Chapter 6 of Middle School Arc manga up on MD ^_^
https://mangadex.org/chapter/931034

Aratafuru. More to be shown in volume 2!
Jun 21, 2020 1:14 PM

Apr 2020
Not much to talk about until waiting for spoilers...I wanna read the next chapter already! T_T

@MashimaTaichi_
"Becoming Mejin was my promise to grandpa. It has nothing to do with my dream."
I don't know about the anime but in Chapter 107 Arata rather said: "I promised my grandpa to become a meijin and that's my dream"
I also wondered what IS actually his dream: becoming a Meijin? or fulfilling his promise?
Also Arata seemed very passionate in the past, Chihaya felt it and said that what she received that day wasn't karuta but Arata's passion. but really, even I feel a sense of obligation in Arata's recent matches, whenever he imagines his grandfather, it's as if he is telling him: Ok gramps, I didn't forget I'm still working to do what you want.
But, I also still vividly remember when Arata cried saying that he REALLY likes karuta.
So I second your question Avish, what is Arata's real desire, what does he really wish for himself? Or does he really want to become meijin but because of the guilt towards his grandfather he no longer feels the same passion? Could Chihaya help him get it back then?

This is something I've wondering too. I really really would like the being meijin is his dream of his own. I think the whole "promise to grandpa" would work better if Wataya-sensei had never managed to become meijin and wanted Arata to become for the 2 of them but it's not the case. I guess all of this comes from Arata's insecurities of his own karuta vs his grandpa's, the elders wanting to see his grandfather and not him. The only thing we can do is wait to see where sensei takes this...
Arata inspired Chihaya by (coincidentally) using the same words as Taichi used before.
I wonder if it's mere coincidence or Arata did it knowing what kind of a person Taichi is and what words he will say in a similar situation... dunno why, but for some reason, I feel like the second option is the right one.

I believe he just pictured what Taichi would say. He wasn't present when that moment happened.

'araburu' mean chaotic, wild? That doesn't sound like Arata...
Interesting take... Araburu is also used to describe "evil" powers, demon Arata was a state were he was seen as an evil power trampling on Taichi's feelings.. so if the names Arata & Chihaya were used to link these two characters to Chihayaburu & Araburu, then maybe this detail is the one meant? Evil?
Arata said that he lacked mercilessness in his karuta, Could adding it turn Chihayaburu into Araburu?

Since we are talking about Arata here I think he will find a way to mix both. I agree "evil" doesn't fit Arata. Especially when his chihayaburu karuta was when didn't rely on his grandfather's karuta, and used the image of the room.
I might dare and add this because I see it as a continuation of that idea: in chapter 214 i guess, Arata said that he wished to become someone worth hugging Chihaya, and I think this chapter is putting Arata on the path to become that.

As I commented in the aratafuru group I believe this. I'm kinda hoping that they hug when they win the titles.
About the length of the chapters is hard to count. Because both Chihaya and Arata will face new developments in the following rounds, so we have to have a fair amount of chapters for Chihaya and Suo's comeback, Arata's struggle and Shinobu's. Plus Chitose + Taichi. Then we have the aftermath chapters that will probably be about Chihaya's entrance exams + her family issues. The Oe cup which I believe will be a team tournament in which we'll see team chihayafuru for the last time. Arata moving and Chihaya/Arata rematch. Finally an epilogue chapter and maybe a timeskip.

Also I'm sure Suetsugu Knows that adding Taichi will trigger his fans but she did it anyway .. I really wonder why...

Maybe sensei is also a sadist lol. I'm positive that if we get a scene between them then will know sensei will go with them.
Here is the illustration (according to the comments, Taichi fans are very happy with it I guess and they are drawing some fan arts of Chihaya and Taichi kissing (which she didn't comment on or like YET). (a bit evil but for a sec, I imagined someone drew Sumere and him kissing instead, will she react seeing that she made a close post just recently? :D)

So far she still hasn't liked or replied to any fanart of that. I would die to have some Taichi/Sumire at, there is no fanbase for that ship! Thankfully it was good enough to get its page on the databook, so it's still in game! Actually, Chihaya/Arata is the only Arata pair that got one, no Yuu or Shinobu.

Aaaand I already commented about the Little Women post too in the facebook group. I'm still giddy about sensei's take on it. I'm grateful to the person who recommended it to sensei!
Jun 28, 2020 4:33 PM

Jul 2012
Only today I realised that Sumire chan's voice actress is Megumi Han! She's a really prominent seiyuu. Maybe it's not a coincidence that they chose experienced person to voice her. Many main characters are voiced by less known seiyuus in Chihayafuru. Comparing to other actresses who voices young girls, Megumi Han has bigger roles in her list. Even if it doesn't mean anything, it's still interesting that Sumire-chan is Gon from HxH. XD
Jun 29, 2020 5:03 AM

Nov 2018

Guys, there are a bit of spoilers, see the news tread.
    hmmm
    Not what I wished for but for some reason I still don't feel disappointment because Suetsugu can write amazing unexpected things but I really didn't want Arata to know about Suo's handicap...

I didn't understand the Japanese spoilers well but loooks ike Arata's face has changed & his father noticed or something... He will lose because it right?
    I think I want that but ....

What do you guys think?

Jun 29, 2020 8:56 AM

Apr 2020
Thank you, Taichi!

We still have to see the scans, these are just summaries after all. As I commented in the Facebook group I thought Arata already had an idea but I guess he got a confirmation. Seems like Taichi's words were a bit unnecessary after all, Arata will struggle against his principles about not holding back vs his care for elderly or handicapped people.

I'm actually ok with this, Arata is quite sensible so this topic is delicate and perfect reason to have him lose. We know he is skilled, so having him getting surpassed is abit iffy reason to have him lose.

Btw I wanted to go back to sesnei's tweet about "hero & heroine", so is that still standing? I have feeling it wasn't about the chapter after all, we know Arata will struggle but Chihaya seems pretty ok.
Jun 29, 2020 1:19 PM

Nov 2018

Hai Hanano chan, I'v read your & the others' comments on Aratafuru.
    So far we cannot say lot as long as we don't read the whole chapter.
    There is the scene about Arata's father seeing "Arata" & not his grandfather which is important to the "Arata imitates his grandfather" plot.
    Looks like Arata is experiencing things that will help him see his future role clearer (as he initially wanted to take care of people with handicaps)

The "Hero & Heroine",
    I still believe it's related to the chapter (might sound a bit stubborn of my part but I really can't disregard my intuition easily)
    Now I think that sensei's tweet wasn't about the chapter per se but about the struggles both Chihaya & Arata are supposed to go through, like the moment Chihaya recovered Arata fell in his own pit. Why won't they have an easy time and interact without worries? because they are a hero & a heroine & they will struggle if not at the same time, it will be in turns.
    I still need to see the chapter with my eyes to see what my intuition will tell me haha.
    Also I feel more stubborn because i'm not the only one who thinks it's related, I just read some comments by Japanese fans who are still wondering what it means.
    One thing is sure though, Taichi is not the hero.
Jun 29, 2020 8:48 PM
Mar 2020
Hi! Now I understand better the spoilers, ufff tremendous work they do looking for them, thanks seriously. I am at the end of the semester at the university and I am a bit deconcentrated and reading them makes me happy, I am also avoiding the study hahahaha

Regarding the possible spoilers, I do not understand the purpose that Taichi has in sending that message to Arata, anyone would regret playing against someone who presents some difficulty, it would be unfair, so to speak, I think that in these chapters Arata will be seen much more deeply and how he will face this, and I am sure he will be victorious, it will be difficult, but he will succeed. They are like personal challenges that both have to face, both Chihaya and Arata to grow as people and in Karuta, that's how I see it, and I'm glad that maybe (just maybe) that's the way I would like to get to know Arata more. I want to read the chapter!

PS: I really do not know how to use or comment on this page hahaha I hope to do well.
Jun 30, 2020 10:52 AM

Nov 2018
    Hi @mononoque chan :)
    for the spoilers, it wasn't really hard to find them, I was on the site when the person who posted them did, so I translated them (with the help of google though ^^') and posted them on Aratafuru first.

I like to check that thread, Japanese "Arata" fans have richer ideas and can express them better because they often relate things to real karuta, real Japanese concepts like what women prefer, what guys do, how Suetsugu thinks according to old or recent activities etc

I really like to read what they think, unfortunately I can't communicate in Japanese, I would have joined the conversations because I also have lot of questions and things I want to know how a Japanese fan would see...

This chapter is also good, Chihaya really needed to remember how she got the courage to work hard all this past time and Mizusawa is her greatest school and shelter and Taichi who was missing was easily invoked thanks to Arata! I say easily because I find the fact that it was not the real Taichi who encouraged Chihaya, it was Arata, his positive thinking, his courage, his good will and he showed me that he can easily, really easily become as useful as Taichi if he got the chance to be near her for even half the time Taichi got.
    (and ofc Taichi cannot replace Arata!!)
    I stress over this though: I'm very glad Arata defied his grandfather's "instruction" to remain focused for his only one more win needed to claim his victory and instead helped Chihaya, He will struggle yes and maybe the illusion of his grandfather will remind him of his "Mistake" but Arata will certainly say it again: that he is not his grandfather and he is Arata, I still wait for him to continue that sentence from chapter 119: "For myself as myself, to win ........."
    what?to win he should follow what he lacks: Love, love, love!
    I strongly believe that the scene from back then will continue here.

He is Arata.
    Ayumi chan said that the face Arata's father saw was his own and not his grandfather's and this is very significant.

Shinobu seems to start struggling now and the kimono might be in the way again?

Now the purpose of Taichi's message, I too, don't understand.
    I don't also understand why he even brought his aunt to Suo even though Suo was avoiding that.
    I feel hesitant in talking more about this because Taichi is really a messed up person in my eyes and these two acts prove it for me.
    He cannot communicate, he cannot do things the right straightforward way like healthy people so he always tries to control things and do what he all by himself deems useful for the other, he doesn't try to consult them, to cheer them up to make them do things for themselves.
    Taichi knows Arata to some degree, he already saw how Arata was shook when he took that card from his 1st match against him in the e/w qualifiers, he knew that Arata hated to play unfair games so what did Taichi wish to achieve by telling him that his opponent has a handicap?
    Bringing Kaneko angered Suo, and telling Suo's secret to other people without his consent shook Arata, just what is Taichi doing?
    Why won't he sit and be there to make his friends happy by just being there because that's what they really need, everything else they can do it on their own....
    Taichi really tires me :/
    sorry for the rant :p

As for the site, it's easy, just keep doing what you do, just post your comments ^^
    For further formatting , you'll learn with time, you can ask anything and use the help rubric..
    hmmm, if you are using a PC not a phone I can tell you about an addon to your Chrome that can help
    but it's not very important.
Jul 1, 2020 7:50 AM

Apr 2020
Well, we already have the raws. You can check Aratafuru group to see them. I don't wanna be mean but this was kind of a filler/transition chapter. Don't get me wrong, Kuzuryuu-san's story and her friendship with Kyoko-tan were wholesome but an entire backstory at this stage is a bit uh..stretching more than necessary.

I really like to read what they think, unfortunately I can't communicate in Japanese, I would have joined the conversations because I also have lot of questions and things I want to know how a Japanese fan would see...

Taichi I feel the same way, I wish I could talk in that site too but sometimes the translations from google are a bit off and I can't write japanese to save my life lol

I'm glad we are getting Misuzawa's reaction and not just Chihaya. It's natural they think about Taichi, he was the president and backbone of the team, remembering their match against Fujisake makes perfectly sense since it was their most glorious victory together. I'm glad Arata is reminded them of Taichi and not trying to take his place.

Speaking of Arata, his reaction towards Taichi's text before seeing is so adorable. He such a shy boy and it shows he appreciates Taichi a lot (remember his lovely smile in s3 when he felt good about playing against his friend). As for his reaction after see text was very worrying, Arata's dad is noticing he is different but I can't read japanese. This will be a great challenge to Arata's mindset, let's hope Chihaya can return the favor and get him up again. I think in one of the japanese comments someone mentioned Arata might take off his glasses to be even with Suo? I never thought about that, Arata is kind so maybe it will happen...another person said that it would mirror their first match at elementary school and Taichi will appear to take Suo's place but I see that as impossible, you just don't take the MEIJIN's place in the MEIJIN match.

I still wait for him to continue that sentence from chapter 119: "For myself as myself, to win ........."
what?to win he should follow what he lacks: Love, love, love!
I strongly believe that the scene from back then will continue here.

me too! I want the love part to become true so badly! I wonder if we'll have his team also encouraging him like Misuzawa. As in being close to him in his waiting room.

Btw do you guys think Tamaru will ask Kana-chan to be Chihaya's card girl in this match? it would fit for Misuzawa to be together in this team match, Tamaru is ofc part of the team but the original 5 have always had more focus as the founding members. I also just really want Sumire to fetch Taichi (lol yes this is not related but let me be!)

Going back to Kuzuryu-san's backstory, I don't the translation but just the images were heartbreaking, especially seeing her husband. Some japanese comments said he had dementia and it reminded me so much of Wataya-sensei and Arata taking care of him T_T! I also thought: When Chihaya and Arata are old one of them could have a serious and sad illness like that. It's painful to think about Arata ending up just like Wataya-sensei and Chihaya caring for him...ahh no I'm too sad! I'm sorry for giving you guys this imagen!

To end my commentary I gotta admit I was a bit disappointed we didn't get much Chiharata but ok I get it, we had last chapter and we will have a proper conversation between them at the end of the series. Be patient, myself!

Edit: off topic from the chapter but can someone tell me what cards is each of the trio holding in this picture please?
HananofuruJul 1, 2020 7:55 AM
Jul 2, 2020 7:59 PM
Mar 2020
Thank you very much @MachimaTaichi_ chan, I will take it into account. You guys are so nice * - * hahaha I read them happy!
Jul 5, 2020 9:06 AM
Dec 2019
Chihaya holds poem 77:Se o ha ya mi
Arata holds poem 14:Mi chi no ku no
Taichi holds poem 51:Ka ku to da ni
Eric_wangchenJul 5, 2020 9:14 AM
Jul 5, 2020 11:01 AM

Apr 2020
Eric_wangchen said:

Thank you so much! What are your thoughts on Arata holding that card? From what I read it's his love being questioned? does it have to do perhaps with chapter 226 when he was wondering about Chihaya's efforts?
Jul 6, 2020 2:26 AM
Dec 2019
Hananofuru said:
Eric_wangchen said:

Thank you so much! What are your thoughts on Arata holding that card? From what I read it's his love being questioned? does it have to do perhaps with chapter 226 when he was wondering about Chihaya's efforts?

Im not sure about it,i think there is none plot about Arata's love being questioned at present?This picture is not for this chapter.Meanwhile maybe sensei just used the poems what her love.We should be waiting for latter chapters.:D
Jul 23, 2020 9:07 AM

Feb 2019

Hisashiburidana~

This place feels deserted even though I come here more than the FB group, Still maybe because Facebook offers better ways to quickly post & interact, dealing with images is way easier too, that's why I post more there but as a reference, I'll still summarize what we spoke about recently which I want to keep track of here:

• The possibility of Arata removing his glasses for his university debut?
    • Arata's university & department being mentioned in the manga (Waseda University, Department of Social sciences) + The possibility of Chihaya joining a same department (her grades were best in PE & Humanities) +Arata moving to Tokyo, comment by Suetsugu sensei.
    • Christmas eve in Japan, it being considered a day for lovers & the fact that in Chihaya's three years of high school, her Christmas Eve was always about Arata.
    • Correcting some mistranslations of some chapters & how it made the CHIHARATA bond even clearer.
    • The OE CUP and the possibilities around it & about Chihaya's & Arata's re-match.
    • the special sparkles used in Chihaya's most special moments (most of them are related to Arata)
    • The fact that whatever the end might be, Arata will forever be Chihaya's first love and Chihaya will be Arata's first love.
    • The book: "Chihayafuru Karuta Nyumon Hen", the chihayafuru featured Karuta cards & the choice of poems associated with each one of them.
    • Chihaya losing "Wata no Hara ya" in ch168 & Arata losing "Chihayaburu" in ch170 both times to Shinobu chan and how this might be related to the theory of Taichi being the bridge between them
    • A poll showing that among Arata fans Harada sensei is the most favored adult in Chihayafuru (even with his bias for Taichi) then comes Sakurazawa sensei, Miyauchi sensei, Suo meijin then Murao kun.
    • The interview from 2018, how Chihayafuru was about Arata & Chihaya (a story of a meijin & a queen) then after Taichi worked hard it became a story of three people.
    • Sakurazawa's love life & how it is an example of how Arata & Chihaya can have the healthiest of relationships even while keeping their passion for karuta and being heavily involved with it.
    • The fact that Chihaya will treasure both boys forever and who among them accepted this fact according to their behavior.
    • Chihaya's feelings for Taichi wnd what it seems that lot of fans (mainly Taichi's) don't understand (like Taichi himself said on chapter 88
    • A detail about Taichihaya moments that are purposefully explained as non romantic even if they are intense while Chiharata moments are explained romantically
    • Suetsugu sensei's amazement with Saki Kusonuki's superiority and her consistent wondering if anyone can really beat her someday +the possibility of sticking with her as Shinobu's model (which means she will remain undefeated -at least not in the near future)
    • When Arata reminds us of REAL-LIFE experiences, how Arata is relateable and the characteristic of people who relate to him or the people remembered thanks of him?
    • The old manga where Suetsugu's male lead was a karuta baka, and how the herone played karuta to be able to connect with him.
    • How the anime didn't do the due justice to Arata's confession.
    • Lot of wondering about Taichi's actions (why he remembered Harada's words about "trying bravely & honestly" before he lied about being Chihaya's boyfriend / How we should look at his words to be able to take them seriously as lot of them are warm yes but empty words especially when it comes to him expressing his support for Chihaya. (1) + (2)
    • The laguage of flowers used specifically or mainly for Arata
    • The fact that Arata ended up having more suitors than anyone in Chihayafuru ufufufuuuu.
    • Suetsugu drawing more Taichi illustrations, a friend asked her "why", Sensei apologized because she still can't post other characters & said to be patient because she drew them all (the person who asked her specified Arata, Shinobu & Chihaya) .. is it for the volume cover? Who are the characters for the next volume, and what poem would be chosen.
    • The list of poems chosen for the past volumes.
    • the fact that Arata always blushes darkly to Taichi, the depth of his feelings for him, we joke about it, but really, Arata treasures Taichi thousands times better than how Taichi considers him.
    • The comic book, the chosen poems, the way "Chiharata" is expressed compared to "Taichihaya", chapter 205 & it's importance for Suetsugu & Arata, the mistranstlation on the net suggesting that Arata might like Yuu's type of girls.
    • A closer look at chapter 163 and lot about Chiharata imo
    • chapter 203 & the acknowledgement Taichi seeks, from TWO persons.
Jul 25, 2020 6:00 AM
Jun 2014
Wow!! Those of us not active on FB (am I the only one?) seems to be missing tons of interesting stuff. Thank you kindly for listing, Nameless-san, but none of the links you've shared are visible/accessible :( Maybe because it's a closed group? Any possibility you could make it like this one? (read-only for non-members) or is there a reason to keep it closed?

Really liked the recent post about 'strong tears'. Though we've discussed it here previously to some extent, panel by panel explanation really puts it across convincingly :)

Hoping for some more Ara-Chi in 228... though once again they are not facing each other...
Jul 25, 2020 2:06 PM

Feb 2019
    Avish said:
    Wow!! Those of us not active on FB (am I the only one?) seems to be missing tons of interesting stuff. Thank you kindly for listing, Nameless-san, but none of the links you've shared are visible/accessible :( Maybe because it's a closed group? Any possibility you could make it like this one? (read-only for non-members) or is there a reason to keep it closed?

Really liked the recent post about 'strong tears'. Though we've discussed it here previously to some extent, panel by panel explanation really puts it across convincingly :)

Hoping for some more Ara-Chi in 228... though once again they are not facing each other...

Avish!! Hi *waves enthusiastically*
    Yes I guess you are the only one lol but I'm not sure you are missing a lot, because remember when we spoke about how Arata fans aren't as active as other fans? it's true & it's the same on FB, just a handful of fans share things or comment, but I still like to keep track, Taichi kun is also absent for a while now, and I still hope he can write about the things he wanted to write about and I think these details we mention here & there can be helpful to him & me or to anyone who might notice more related things etc...

I'm glad you liked the last post, I felt the need to write it as I met another comment about how Chihaya was upset because Arata won (which I rolled my eyes to because it's really beside the point) So I wanted at least Arata fans to read Chihayafuru for what it is.

For the group, I'm afraid I can't help, I'm not an admin in there so I can't do anything about its privacy (yes, it's a closed group) dunno why the admins chose it that way but Taichi kun mentioned fans reporting things because they hate what they read about Arata, sharing without crediting, attraction of members who join only to "fight" (they hate Arata)
    it might be something like this & I can be wrong so sorry.
    but @MashimaTaichi_ might answer you.

5 more days till next chapter, I can't also predict if we will get more Arachiha moments but I don't think so, maybe more Arata vs Suo moments, Arata's issue with his grandfather, Taichi & Chitose , Chihaya being too focused vs Shinobu chan (she will scare her too lol)

By the way, there was another tweet where Suetsugu mentioned that all the boys seems to be suffering after she spoke about her NAME but I can't really say what she means (& who) and which chapter she was referring to because looks like even the NAME of chapter 229 is already ready too.

Jul 27, 2020 9:16 AM

Nov 2018
    thank you for making this list Rawaa chan, this is really helpful yes, I didn't check the group yet but i'll make sure to.

I also want to write about lot of things, my head is really buzzing with lot of ideas & thoughts whenever anything reminds me of Chihayafuru or better, Arata, but ..well. I hope I could do soon.

Avish, I apologize b/c i'm not the group owner actually and the owner disappeared too lol, I can't change the privacy without asking her sorry.

Next chapter is in 4 days (a countdown lol), I also wonder what will the focus be on, so far we can expect Chihaya very focused in her match which means there won't be lot of thinking/monologues from her side, Shinobu might though, maybe a continuation of the idea of being a plum flower which was suddenly brought out,
    I expect more focus on Arata's & Suo's match, maybe Suo's problem specifically, how he feels about what Taichi did, his aunt being there watching him etc..
    If the name of chapter 229 is done too, I wonder if the author meant the appearance of Taichi in 229 instead? because, is it not a bit early to focus on Chitose's issue? Also why would Taichi be suffering if he is i the process of convincing Chitose to stay?
Jul 28, 2020 10:45 AM

Nov 2018

Suetsugu is promising us something "very very exciting" as she says.
    Lol her twitter is like a teaser and we are so eager are we not?

She speaks about a training camp starting tomorrow and she says that there aren't any fun event but what she "writes" is very very "excitingu"!!
    She asks us to "WAIT"!

I really wonder what this might be about, what does Suetsgu think is "exciting"? why did she say "Write" and not "draw"?
    what is she talking about?
    The comments on this tweet show that her followers think it's about Chihayafuru so I wonder ...............
Jul 30, 2020 1:22 PM

Feb 2019

Ok, so this is another "expected" chapter.
    We all expected Arata to lose two games, and his loss should start somehow so this is what the chapter should address. A "stronger" Suo (ofc with the reasoning explaining his superiority or the reason his strength comes back) and a troubled Arata.

Chihaya being her very-focused-self+making full use of Kana's & Komano's efforts in searching for Kuzuryu's reading for her is predicted too.
    Shinobu struggling, I think she wasn't supposed to feel VERY at ease to begin with because Chihaya lost by 7 cards in her 1st match then only by 3 cards in the 2nd which means it's highly possible for her to win the next game.

Tamaru asking Kana to take her place is a nice thing too, I love the way Tamaru changed through the manga and I love the fact that we were given all the room to feel all the normal feelings towards her in reaction to what she does, I used to hate her, she was annoying, but as nothing got in the way of my normal reaction (unlike in Taichi's case), they all ended up resolved, now I really like Tamaru, I like the fact that she developed a true care for Mizusawa, and her admiration of Chihaya.

hmmmm... I want to say that I'm eager to see which poems will be used in the two gmes but seeing that in the name of chapter 205 Suetsugu almost replaced all her initial choices makes me think that she doesn't focus very much on using the meanings of the poems unless she highlights it, she makes it known to the reader one way or another.
    so let's wait and see the full chapter first.
    ---------------------------------------------

For sensei's illustration, I was told lot of things about Taichi fans today, one of them is that they got angry because of Arata wearing Daddy bear mask...
    I really don't get these people, they tend to analyse everything and impose a hint & hidden meaning behind everything they ruin the simplicity of almost everything.
    I think it's a real shame (as I wrote in the group) because when sensei started to draw this illustration I felt like she was eager to show Taichi to his fans before anyone else, there was even a friend (@chihaya_daddy06 on Twitter) who told her directly that she really likes to draw Taichi more than anyone else and even though he is the handsomest, we also wanted to see the other characters, So sensei answered her and told her that she drew everyone (but posted only Taichi and she asked her to wait because she can't post everyone at once
    Today (@chihaya_daddy06) commented on the Blue illustration sensei drew recently of Chihaya and reminded her of her promise, so sensei posted this illustration, not sure but i have a strong feeling sensei did that as an answer to this friend, and she liked her comment about it too even though she rarely likes "thanks" comments

My point, she drew all the characters, she decided to keep them until the eventual use of the illustration BUT SHE COULD'NT RESIST to show Taichi to fans and they did what? they badmouthed her and her intentions ..such ungrateful people, they really don't deserve anything from her.

I mean, isn't Arata's face in the illustration super refreshing? he looks so happy and as I said everywhere lol, I got emotional at seeing him have such moment, be with friends and have some fun time *sobs in a corner*
    -----------------------------------------------
    If the name of chapter 229 is done too, I wonder if the author meant the appearance of Taichi in 229 instead? because, is it not a bit early to focus on Chitose's issue? Also why would Taichi be suffering if he is i the process of convincing Chitose to stay?

You are right and I shouldn't have assumed his appearance to be in the present chapter, I should have paid more attention my bad!
    ----------------------------------------------

Suetsugu says what she is WRITING is exciting and she says to wait so let me hold my horses back and not expect much, maybe it's related to the metters she promised to write to young students?
    dunno.....

Jul 31, 2020 6:06 AM
Jun 2014
iNameless_ said:
Avish!! Hi *waves enthusiastically*

*waves back enthusiastically* (I'm not a very enthusiastic person, but your enthusiasm is infectious, haha :D)

About the FB group, if I'm the only one not there, it's not fair to ask you guys to change the settings for my sake only... so no worries Taichi kun :)

What is this NAME you mentioned? Since when Sensei started to NAME her chapters? I feel like I'm missing something...

And more importantly, who is this Rawaa chan Taichi kun mentioned? ;)

Looking at the spoilers, it seems we won't be getting much Ara-Chi for the next couple of chapters at least.

I wonder how will Arata feel about winning against Suo's handicap. I guess that's where he'll struggle and eventually have to become 'heartless'.

It'll be interesting to see how Shinobu-chan loses. I really hope her leg won't become one of the reasons. I also don't really want Chi-chan to go into robot mode from the Arata match, but let's see how it goes... Hoping to see her in 'this is fun' mode in one of the remaining matches.

And happy Arata in a daddy bear mask!! That seems like a clue! Haha! I love Sensei. And it's kinda understandable how that would piss off Taichi fans! :P But yeah, bullying her into deleting it is going too far. But, when one of them says they want Chihaya to 'outgrow' Karuta and notice Taichi is the most important thing for her (what story are they reading??) kinda proves how blindly obsessed some of them are.

Btw, I also loved Chihaya-chan on the beach...
Aug 1, 2020 5:33 AM

Feb 2019

@Avish, lol i'm glad I have such positive effect on people :p
    The "Name" is a rough draft of what the mangaka wants the chapter to look like at the end, after everything is in its place, they start drawing beautiful panels etc.
    and Rawaa is me XD, it's my ID on FB.

Did you see the raws?
    it's an intense chapter imo & I love what I saw for now.
    yes there most likely won't be Arachiha but the focus is slowly turning to what I was waiting for for years, to know more about Arata & his real fears,
    Suetsugu retweeted her old tweet about the 3 types of fears, ok she mentioned that it was because someone retweeted that old tweet, she got a notification about it and in my case, I would have stopped there if I didn't care that my followers be reminded of it too.
    So I think the fact that she still retweeted it means she still considers Arata's fears a Frankenstein type. What kind of fear was there in that story though? how does it relate to Arata?
    I read that when Viktor Frankeinstein was rescued by the Walton crew, he saw an "obsession" in the captain Walton that reminded him of his own obsession that lead him to creating the monster he created.
    it was said that when Viktor's mother died, he buried himself in his chemistry studies (which he was obsessed with) to flee the grief, it kind of reminds me of when he plays a strong opponent in his grandfather's form.
    Could Arata's obsession with "his grandfather" be the mistake he will make that turns his life into a tragedy (burying his own self & true desires to keep his grandfather alive and playing karuta)?
    i'm very curious about what Suetsugu will do, I think Suo's stroy is almost complete, we know his past & he seems revived, he wants to do well for his aunt, he might talk to her later honestly and that's all, but what about Arata... I hope Suetsugu amazes us again with her creativity!

for Chihaya, I also agree. I miss her "this is fun" state as you called it, I really see her miserable in all these changes she went through after Taichi's confession, it really turned her life into a dark one, poor she!
    For Shinobu's leg, I don't know, she seems losing right now and there is no sign of that problem?

I can't wait for the translations tbh, there is this Japanese person who writes reviews or impressions on the chapters and I love to read, strangely, with this chapter, they wrote about different things that i'm curious about, like the fact that the last chapter was about the last 50 years (Kuzuryu's story) and this chapter being about the 20 years to come, about the start of a future, about the focus on a "SHE" in the narration, about the fact that one of the most powerful things about CHihayafuru being the cancellation of some characters' inner monologues which started now to be told, and this person says that this chapter is a START!!

Suetsugu sensei retweeted their tweets and I find myself even ore curious about this chapter.

By the way, I was told about how some fans linked Kuzuryu's story to Taichi and him going to be CHihaya's life partner and let me tell you, I'm really afraid for their sanity if Chiharata happens instead, men they are so scarily desperate I don't know what to think!!
    I hope everything ends well for everyone really (but "us" before anyone ofc hihi)

About the Daddy bear being a clue, is that so?
    ok, so sensei recently drew Taichi either alone or in a clear one-sided-love situation with Chihaya or as a loe interest for Sumere while Arata -although drawn rarely- was associated with Chihaya & feelings, but is the Daddy bear really something?
    I mean wasn't there another character who was drawn with daddy bear too other than him and Chihaya (now that I wrote this, it really seems like an important question).

Lastly, what did you mean by Chihaya on the beach?
Aug 1, 2020 10:28 AM

Nov 2018

Chihaya on the beach is THIS one I believe right? the colors are so stunning indeed, and I wonder if the picture of the boys also has a second part containing the girls?

I also thought that the Frankenstein tweet was re-tweeted because sensei still sees Arata's fear as Victors but the details should be very different and I also am very curious to know how she will write that.

By the way Rawaa chan, what happened with the history of Chiha? you mentioned that you already arrived at chapter 205?

Also, I organized OUR thoughts (A BIT) about Chihaya's shocked look on ch205, please check it and criticize it. I want to know what I miss and I'll look at it again if there is any.

Aug 1, 2020 12:31 PM

Feb 2019

Aha, I saw this pic too yes and I love it so much!
    the sea behind her,
    the lights
    but more importantly, Chihaya has Arata's blue eyes lol

Thank you for the efforts Taichi kun, I'll read it later and tell you what I think after we fix the Gallery...

Aug 1, 2020 12:34 PM

Nov 2018
iNameless_ said:

Aha, I saw this pic too yes and I love it so much!
    the sea behind her,
    the lights
    but more importantly, Chihaya has Arata's blue eyes lol

Thank you for the efforts Taichi kun, I'll read it later and tell you what I think after we fix the Gallery...

Alright, most of the posts are yours anyway.
thanks.

Aug 1, 2020 1:21 PM
Jun 2014
iNameless_ said:
@Avish, lol i'm glad I have such positive effect on people :p

Good. :)

The "Name" is a rough draft of what the mangaka wants the chapter to look like at the end, after everything is in its place, they start drawing beautiful panels etc.

Ohh. But why is it called 'Name'?

and Rawaa is me XD, it's my ID on FB.

So Nameless-san finally has a name! :D

Did you see the raws? it's an intense chapter imo & I love what I saw for now.

I did, but most of it went over my head, so I'll wait for translations before commenting :)

I read that when Viktor Frankeinstein was rescued by the Walton crew, he saw an "obsession" in the captain Walton that reminded him of his own obsession that lead him to creating the monster he created. it was said that when Viktor's mother died, he buried himself in his chemistry studies (which he was obsessed with) to flee the grief, it kind of reminds me of Arata when he plays a strong opponent in his grandfather's form.

I've only read the translated version of Frankenstein's story in my mother tongue. But I dunno how faithful it was, cause this Walden wasn't mentioned in it and it ended with Viktor's obsession continuing...

Could Arata's obsession with "his grandfather" be the mistake he will make that turns his life into a tragedy (burying his own self & true desires to keep his grandfather alive and playing karuta)? i'm very curious about what Suetsugu will do, I think Suo's stroy is almost complete, we know his past & he seems revived, he wants to do well for his aunt, he might talk to her later honestly and that's all, but what about Arata... I hope Suetsugu amazes us again with her creativity!

Taichi-kun and I were wondering about that previously. What is Arata's true desire/dream??

For Shinobu's leg, I don't know, she seems losing right now and there is no sign of that problem?

I'm sure it'll come up, why else would Sensei draw our attention to it in 226?

I hope everything ends well for everyone really (but "us" before anyone ofc hihi)

Tathastu!! :) (Sanskrit for 'Amen')

About the Daddy bear being a clue, is that so?
ok, so sensei recently drew Taichi either alone or in a clear one-sided-love situation with Chihaya or as a loe interest for Sumere while Arata -although drawn rarely- was associated with Chihaya & feelings, but is the Daddy bear really something?
I mean wasn't there another character who was drawn with daddy bear too other than him and Chihaya (now that I wrote this, it really seems like an important question).

I'm unable to recall who other than Ara-Chi was drawn with daddy bear, but Chihaya is the only one related to daddy bear throughout the manga and Sensei drew happy Arata with daddy bear mask, so it must be intentional, no?

MashimaTaichi_ said:
Chihaya on the beach is THIS one I believe right?

Yes!! Sensei is so gifted... and I suck at watercolor...

Fantastic post Taichi-kun! Isn't it revealing how important 205 was to Sensei, but how it triggered so many Ta-fans... 18 CARDS!!! WT@$&*^!!! Talk about missing forest for the trees...

Btw, what's the significance of cards Kaku and Tachi being next to each other? It is mentioned by one of the Ta-fans (the one who was all TAICHIHAYA CANON after 226) in 228 discussion.
AvishAug 1, 2020 1:25 PM
Aug 1, 2020 1:48 PM

Feb 2019
    I'll be back to answer properly later but for now this:
    Btw, what's the significance of cards Kaku and Tachi being next to each other?

May I know more?
    Tachi is 16 & Kaku is 51.
    where were they next to each other?
    if in 228, I'll have to read it first
    I know it was in chapter 226 among the cards that fell but there wasn't Tachi?
Aug 1, 2020 2:30 PM

Feb 2019

Ok, yes, I checked and it's on ch228, when Tamaru & Kokoro where placing the cards on the board, Kokoro had her hand on Kaku & the one next it was Taichi, I don't know whose formation, and I don't know how it will be used in the future, so the mere fact that they are next to each other doesn't say anything (except maybe that taichi is a passionate love)
    b/c 51 is a poem about strong love.
    and in the history of this card I don't remember it was used exceptionally to convey anything relevant except Hanano's feelings for Taichi in chapter 90 which is included in the databook .
    Of course there might be fans who collected every appearance of this card in many (non-relevant) situations and made a theory but i can't say a thing as long as I didn't read what they think.
    One thing I'm sure about though: When Suetsugu doesn't highlight a card clearly, then it's no use paying that much importance to it be it any normal card, Se, Tachi or even Chiha itself.
Aug 1, 2020 2:37 PM

Apr 2020
Hello friends, it sure has been a while! I hope life is treating you well :D

Unfortunately I don't have much to say, chapter 228 is purely karuta and we need translation to know exactly what's going on in detail.

About the poems, we all know Taichi fans have their own conclusions with every single poem. And I have always thought sensei is pretty straight-foward with what she wants the poems to convey, so we'll see. Kaku has actually been used for Sumire, Taichi, and even 1 illustration and chapter 226 had Arata being related to that poem but let's see what sensei gives us in further chapters.

I believe sensei will give a final interview after the manga is finished where we will know all the things she intended and weren't clear or couldn't make it to the story so let's wait patienly.
Aug 1, 2020 11:44 PM
Jun 2014
iNameless_ said:

Ok, yes, I checked and it's on ch228, when Tamaru & Kokoro where placing the cards on the board, Kokoro had her hand on Kaku & the one next it was Taichi, I don't know whose formation, and I don't know how it will be used in the future, so the mere fact that they are next to each other doesn't say anything (except maybe that taichi is a passionate love)
    b/c 51 is a poem about strong love.
    and in the history of this card I don't remember it was used exceptionally to convey anything relevant except Hanano's feelings for Taichi in chapter 90 which is included in the databook .
    Of course there might be fans who collected every appearance of this card in many (non-relevant) situations and made a theory but i can't say a thing as long as I didn't read what they think.
    One thing I'm sure about though: When Suetsugu doesn't highlight a card clearly, then it's no use paying that much importance to it be it any normal card, Se, Tachi or even Chiha itself.

So those cards weren't a focus, just two among many, and we already know about Taichi's 'passionate' love... So I guess it was just Ta-fan getting excited over nothing. Sorry I mentioned it, haha...
Aug 2, 2020 2:42 AM

Feb 2019
    @Avish, it's alright. They do it with such passion you'd think there is no truth except what they say but no.. if you keep calm and look at things with an unbiased eye, you'll realize it's all their wishful thinking BUT, i'm not saying IT WILL NOT BE USED IN A WAY THAT MIGHT BE IN TAICHIHAYA'S FAVOR IN THE FUTURE, I'm just talking about the past and present.

@Hananofuru, welcome here again, this place sure missed everyone hihi.
    pretty much what I think too.

Though even that scene about Hanano, I learned that Taichi fans interpreted it as Hanano reciting the poem while referring to Taichi's love (I won't say that the poem doesn't fit because it does) but the scene is rather about Hanano's feelings and the reason I think so is the Comic Book: sensei organized the poems she included in 4 groups:
    1) very important poems (17 , 77, 4 & 40) and for each of these she either used 2 or 1 complete page
    2) Poems about special things related to some Mizusawa members (3 poems in 1 page (187)): Komano's confession -Hanano's feelings - Kana's way of recognizing poem 98 which she taught Chihaya & it saved her later.
    3) Poems about Taichi's story -34: the friend that knows what's in Chihaya's heart / 16: Taichi's poem / 49: the poem explaining how he was all this time like the waves being crushed because og the rock "Chihaya"
    4) Poems about Arata: 57: missing an old friend / 43: the love that changed the whole life / 11 Arata's poem.

SO yes, this is my argument for the fact that Kaku is used precisely for Hanano's feelings back then.
    As for the rest of Kaku's use, you won't believe me, but I do have all the scenes it was used in (until ch 207 at least & as long as I didn't miss one of them by accident) and there was no specific focus on it being always referring to Taichi, and Arata won it in every match it was read too.
    So yep, that's why I said that those fans' thoughts are worrying, they are obsessed and desperate and not healthy!!

Hmmmmm but let's leave room for things we might have overlooked and be prepared to correct our info. I'll be glad to know anything you notice or read anywhere then.
Aug 2, 2020 8:29 AM

Feb 2019

by the way, @hananofuru, would you please copy the last post in the old Gallery into the new one (quick edit--> Coppy code--> post it in the new Gallery)?
we are re-doing it and your post is the last before we remove the old thread.
Thank you very much in advance,
also feel free to share any YouTube video you find interesting (because I see that you saw a lot) --> Just follow the Boss's format hhhhhh

Aug 4, 2020 5:01 AM

Nov 2018

Hi everyone.
    @Avish, why the Name is called a Name, I also wondered but I was too busy & lazy to actually make an effort to look for an answer.

My post: yes 205 is important to sensei and it's because of Arata's feelings, I remember she also mentioned in a tweet that her fav scene out of the 1st 8 volumes (because she was talking about them) was when Arata thanked them for playing karuta with him (as children), so it's like a chance for her to write that again.
    the 18 cards difference were initially 19 in the NAME, and apparently it's related to how the match played, she also replaced some cards too, maybe because she doesn't draw random matches, maybe there is someone who plays (or she plays herself, and then when the editor who by the way is an A-class karuta player checks, she must have discovered her mistakes.

The final interview where Suetsugu might explain what she meant and what she didn't, I really really want this!
    because I wanted to link what the fans who were writing in the new chapter thread and what suetsugu writes and all I could see is a spin off for the main story, something that can be non-contradictory but that is also unrelated.

it's like they wish for the link to exist and they impose it in a desperate way.
    But you know what @Avish?, for some reason I want YOU to criticize what I wrote (dunno why but I like when you object XD ...seriously, read and object as much as you want, it makes us progress better when we read logic criticism.)

Oh, and I got a message asking me if I really don't feel that the analysis done by Taichi fans are threatening to "my" ship and that our "theories" are more about what the author speaks here and there while the others's theories are about what's really happening in the manga.

Ofc, I wrote my answer to the that message (and I didn't get a follow up yet) but I want to know about you guys think?
    Some fans wonder why you guys don't feel the danger of their theories haha.

Oh, and speaking of which I think you didn't see my quetsion, @iNameless_ chan so I'll repost it again:
    By the way Rawaa chan, what happened with the history of Chiha? you mentioned that you already arrived at chapter 205?

Aug 5, 2020 1:29 PM

Feb 2019

Oh, and speaking of which I think you didn't see my quetsion, @iNameless_ chan so I'll repost it again:

Ah, yes, I saw it and forgot about it sorry,
I'm not free now so i'll try to answer the sooner I can

Aug 6, 2020 6:43 AM
Jun 2014
MashimaTaichi_ said:
(dunno why but I like when you object XD ...seriously, read and object as much as you want, it makes us progress better when we read logic criticism.)

Whaaaaaaat?? What's so special about my objecting?? Haha! :D

But you know what @Avish?, for some reason I want YOU to criticize what I wrote

Do you mean any particular post or in general? :)
Aug 6, 2020 7:14 AM

Nov 2018

@Avish, you know i'm very at ease with the whole shipping thing I don't feel worried and all but I see lot of doubts here and there from other Arata fans so I keep asking why but I don't get anything really..euh worth taking seriously, it's usually just a hunch or a feelings, but I noticed that you were more precise with what worries you, generally not just a feeling, there is x, y and z and you mention them so I like to know at what I should look at.
    So yep, anything you feel like it doesn't make sense or is still ambiguous or lacking share it, make me think lol
    anything
    like, even the data and analysis I want you to mention any "weak" argument for example and so on.
    for the comments on the 'chapter 228 discussion", I wrote a bit of what I think but I got a reply that doesn't make sense to me (so much illusions imo) but I might as well be missing something so I want you to pay attention (you read them anyway right?) and tell me why I can't convince them?
    Or something like that.
    haha
Aug 6, 2020 9:45 AM

Aug 2020
Hello everyone.
remember me?
so I followed here XD
great things written and discussed here.
I read everything
but I only decided to create an account now

Anyway, I just wanted to give you guys something to work on if you want XD
As I said before, I was curious and I asked taichi fans about the reasons they beieve Taichihaya will be endgame and I summurized the 6 st points and someone added the 7th, the rest of the fans pretty much confirmed my list, so it might be helpful for you?

1) The narihira theory: Taichi is Narihira, he can’t go in the palace where the emperor (Arata) is (taking his place and all), the empress still in love with him is sad & misses him, this is like a play of poem 17 + Chihaya’s illustration of “pinning” for Taichi (poem 16)
2) Chihaya being very focused on Taichi lately even in the middle of her realizing her long awaited dream wit Arata and even when Arata is close.
3) Taichi taking Chiha in 203 + Chihaya losing it but not minding that bc Taichi is here. “as long as Taichi takes cards….”
4) The concept of “COME!” & “connect” that was used repeatedly lately. and Taichi being close but not COMING yet. (and Kuzuryu's story being a first look at what Taichihaya life will be after they get married because they are the one who can become life partners like that and not Chihaya and arata xD)
5) the love poems (whenever they are used in Chihaya’s recent matches or in the latest Taichi matches, Taichi taking Chiha & Fu by letting them go then going for them just like CHihaya explained to Arata before but Arata was rather afraid to let them go and Taichi did what he couldn't.
6) euh, NOT being able to see any proof that the other ship might be the one that will happen?
7) I think sacrifice need a reward? A lot of the fanbase (what I read on reddit, not all tachi-shipper) said "he deserves after so much input for chihaya a reward" (added by a fan in discord)

I'll be reading eagerly whatever you read^^

(and sorry Taichi because I don't know how to make the post look pretty for you LOL)

Aug 7, 2020 12:49 AM

Feb 2011
Hi minna, I hope you all well.
@AleaChihaya Welcome to our club, ALL THE ARATA FANS ARE WELCOME!!! the more the merrier. ;)

I see I guess those Taichi shippers truly believe after those pointers Chihaya will choose Taichi in the end. If they think that way it's fine but it doesn't convince me the case based on what Suetsugu-sensei herself had provided to us: if that's true then why would Chihaya keep Arata waiting to give him a reply towards his love confession ( it would be totally useless if there's no great reason behind it): especially it's already awfully long to just give him "thank you or sorry" as an answer: plus we already seeing currently Chihaya wants to see herself worthy of responding his feelings by winning this current important match, otherwise why she kept turning her face away from Arata when she lost her two matches ( twice already which is not a coincidence, she wants to earn of becoming someone worthy of facing him: seeing herself sitting across the person she likes, exactly what she said in ch 93 during teh fujisaki training camp when she was asked about someone she likes: even Arata wants to see himself worthy of embracing Chihaya as well, they both want to acvhive the same goal not only in karuta but also their affections towards each other, they both settle goals at each other to see worthy of responding the feelings towards the person they love. About Chihaya not looking at Arata during the team match tournament she's determined to win the match as the team's main captain ( she wasn't playing as herself in that match, which explains if she would of, Chihaya will look at Arata with all the passion she feels for him without hiding it) she holds herself back from getting distracted during that match and after all that Arata never once place any blame nor making her feel guilty for any of her actions ( instead, he acknowledge her to play the same way again against Shinobu: imagine herself with the Mizusawa team unleash her greatest potential.

When it comes to Chihaya revealing her core of karuta will always be Taichi and her new teammates, I'm sure Arata will also hold a special place in Chihaya's life as well. You know what I really want to see a moment where team Chihayafuru to be official united having each other's support and love to tight that bond in what made karuta so special for the trio.
Aug 7, 2020 3:53 AM
Jun 2014
MashimaTaichi_ said:
@Avish, you know i'm very at ease with the whole shipping thing I don't feel worried and all but I see lot of doubts here and there from other Arata fans so I keep asking why but I don't get anything really..euh worth taking seriously, it's usually just a hunch or a feelings, but I noticed that you were more precise with what worries you, generally not just a feeling, there is x, y and z and you mention them so I like to know at what I should look at.
So yep, anything you feel like it doesn't make sense or is still ambiguous or lacking share it, make me think lol

Ohh. Thanks for explaining. :) But I think I've shared most of my doubts with you guys, so I'll check my notes to see if I've missed anything. There are some lingering things but all we can do about those is wait and see. I still don't have wataya-san's conviction, but I've decided to take a zen attitude towards our ship. Though I doubt how long I can maintain it... haha

anything like, even the data and analysis I want you to mention any "weak" argument for example and so on.
for the comments on the 'chapter 228 discussion", I wrote a bit of what I think but I got a reply that doesn't make sense to me (so much illusions imo) but I might as well be missing something so I want you to pay attention (you read them anyway right?) and tell me why I can't convince them?
Or something like that. haha

Okay, I'll re-check the data and analysis section to see if I can find anything. And yes, I do read chapter discussions, but I'm afraid when it comes to cards and poems analysis, I won't be much use to you. It's all too overwhelming for me. I can barely remember not more than 3-4 cards... :(

But why do you want to convince Ta-fans in the first place? It's a futile task IMO. Many of them want Arata to stay sidelined or even cease to exist...
AvishAug 7, 2020 6:46 AM
Aug 7, 2020 6:39 AM
Jun 2014
What an 'overwhelming' chapter! I don't really care for Tamaru, but I liked how Sensei showed things from her perspective. Loved Chihaya's scary look when Tamaru 'creaked', haha. Is this the first time we're seeing such detailed strategic thoughts from both Chihaya and Shinobu? Same with Suo's blurry vision?

Arata winning his namesake card and Suo adjusting cards for the first time ever, were such great moments. Last couple of panels gave me chills. Great chapter.

And hats off to team Iroha! This was an especially difficult chapter with lots of information. Great job!

Looking forward to reading everybody's thoughts.
Aug 7, 2020 10:37 AM

Aug 2020
@sweetangie thank you for the welcome and also for everything you wrote.
And duh, who doesn't know what's going on with these Taichi fans? they are so delusional sometimes I debate whether I should pity them or not.
when they say that Chihaya is very obsessed with Taichi right now, I see it as a rational reason to think that Chihaya MIGHT be leaning bit by bit towards him (although I definitely think it's not romantic in the slightest)
But when they start talking about the poems and they expose the "clues" believe me, you'll laugh it's crazy!
Anyway I loved what one of them said because it speaks volumes!
they said that:
If Arata was the one staying away and Chihaya was very sad for that (reversing roles) while Taichi was in front of her trying to support her but she still keeps thinking about Arata, WE WILL ALL KNOW FOR SURE THAT WHAT CHIHAYA FEELS FOR ARATA IS ROMANTIC BUT BECAUSE IT'S TAICHI WE KEEP DOUBTING THIS!
Do you guys realize what this person acknowledges?
That what was between Arata and Chihaya was always romantic and any emotional situation between them can only prove this love more,
but for Taichi and Chihaya who shared a history of closeness and care without the romantic part (at least from Chihaya's side), then any longing from her part or sadness or anything, can be explained platonic-ally and it will still make perfect sense, because that's how Chihaya always felt for Taichi,
we are seeing an unfamiliar reaction from her now BECAUSE Taichi is in an unfamiliar distance with her that's all !

But I was meaning to ask,
When Kana asked about Chihaya's dream, Tamaru said that it's becoming a queen but Kana corrected her directly saying that it's to make Mizusawa a powerhouse like Hokyou .. Why this change in the dream?

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» G.A.L.L.E.R.Y ใ‚ท ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MashimaTaichi_ - Aug 1, 2020

221 by iNameless_ »»
Nov 4, 2023 6:48 AM

Poll: » One Mashima Taichi โ˜พ, FANS ๐Ÿ‘ฅ & ARATA ๐Ÿ‘“

MashimaTaichi_ - Apr 24, 2020

34 by iNameless_ »»
Nov 4, 2023 6:44 AM

» ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐”๐ฉ, ๐‚๐ก๐ข๐ก๐š๐ฒ๐š๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฎ? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MashimaTaichi_ - Jul 12, 2019

263 by MashimaTaichi_ »»
Jul 27, 2022 10:13 AM

» โ†ณ Data & Analysis โœ

MashimaTaichi_ - May 23, 2020

38 by KiraraChin »»
Jul 18, 2022 11:29 PM

» โ™ก Head-canons โ™ก Fan-Comics โ™ก Fan-fics โ™ก

iNameless_ - Mar 13, 2021

18 by MashimaTaichi_ »»
Jul 17, 2022 2:46 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.