Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 28, 2020 9:11 AM

Apr 2020
@MashimaTaichi_, Thank you for the welcome! Yes I agree it's better for Arata fans to be quiet, just like him! I'm tired of "discussing" with Taichichaya fans, it's exhausting.

And yes I adore Sumire, she is absolutely my favorite female character of the story. She has grown so much but overall I always knew she would be the "maiden heart" character, I love how her crush for Taichi grew to be the purest feeling in the world, and how she cares for him despite knowing the one he loves, it's not her. What a brave and pure hearted girl!

Sorry to butt in! but I wanted to talk about the cards symbolism too, lately I'm upse that all the chiharata cards have been used for Taichi as well. A lot of ppl say the Chiha is about Taichi's feelings, but I believe it's just Chihaya's and her feelings for Arata (since it was showed in the hospital scene), the Se card has also been used for Taichi when he left, the Tago one was used for Chihaya when she tells Arata she wants to go to Mount Fuji with him (a page that was missing in the magazine but included in volume 42). Though I also agree that Chihaya also could refer to her wanting the one to be with Shinobu there, and not Arata (lol) and yes Shinoburedo has also been used for Taichi (heck the Taichihaya fandom make all the poems be about Taichi lol).

If we are talking about Chiharata right now the only poems they have for them is poem 43 which was featured in a karuta card with them oh and Chihaya's 3 poems for Arata haha.

About the current developments I wanted to ask: Does it seem to you that Arata and Chihaya are letting go of the Chiha card? so far the only character who goes for the take for that card is Taichi, but Arata is never shown again too obsessed in getting that card, and Chihaya struggles everytime now.

Apr 28, 2020 11:19 AM

Jan 2020
Thanks, but it's sold out. Wish it was available in digital format.

Sorry, I don't know about this.

Everyone should read @MashimaTaichi_ kun's post here
Because I didn't read anything more intersting in a while now!
I really hope all Arata fans read it!

I did and honestly ...
You should probably share this everywhere.
A unique way to see things.

@Hananofuru, welcome :)
answering your question: I also ship Chiharata.
About the love Arata deserves ...
"Not every fan is meant to apprehend him"
I quote this very interesting phrase from @MashimaTaichi_'s nice post ...So maybe ... it's rather OUR role.

@watanoharaya
nice remark!
I know that Chiha, Se, Tago no, and Shinoboredo are there
Chiha is Chihaya,
Se is meeting again thanks to karuta and tying back all kinds of bonds/relationships
Tago no: is about Mount Fuji, aiming high, the lonely prodigies on the top, wanting to be friends with them, wanting to go there with Arata or wanting to compete with Arata to arrive to where Shinobu chan is first instead?
And Shinoburedo is about Shinobu chan I guess? and a bit of Taichi when he is around?

yes, the full list of poems + the chapters where their respective scenes are is like this:

pages 180/181 : Poem 17 [CHIHAYABURU]

• Chapter 1
    • Chapter 91
    • Chapter 119
    • Chapter 202
    • Chapter 170

pages 182/183: Poem 77 [SE O HAYAMI]

• Chapter 1
    • Chapter 152
    • Chapter 111
    • Chapter 163
    • Chapter 200

pages 184/185: Poem 4 [TAGO NO]

• Chapter 32
    • Chapter 178
    • Chapter 180
    • Chapter 200
    • Chapter 204

pages 186: Poem 4 [SHINOBUREDO]

• Chapter 32
    • Chapter 178
    • Chapter 180
    • Chapter 200
    • Chapter 204

page 187: (Poems about the history with Mizusawa)

• Poem 97[KONO HITO O]:Chapter 32:
    • Poem 51[KAKU TO DANI]:Chapter 32:
    • Poem 98 [KAZE SOYOGU]:Chapter 32:

page 188: (Poems aboutTaichi?)

• Poem 34[TARE O KAMO]:Chapter 32:
    • Poem 16[TACHI WAKARE]:Chapter 32:
    • Poem 49 [KAZE O ITAMI]:Chapter 32:

page 189: (Poems about Arata?)

• Poem 57[MEGURI AI TE]:Chapter 32:
    • Poem 43[AI MITE NO]:Chapter 32:
    • Poem 11 [WATA NO HARA YA]:Chapter 32:

Does it seem to you that Arata and Chihaya are letting go of the Chiha card?

I think it's too early to say so ... I am waiting to see, will Arata NOT use what he learnt from his match against Taichi? when he was thinking that obsessing over it will make him lose but Taichi proved him wrong?
When he thought he shouldn't obsess over Chihaya & Fu in his match against Harada, he corrected himself saying that "not obsessing" isn't him but his grandfather's rule and that he is not his grandfather.
If Arata let's go of Hajime's memory and plays as his own self not-mistaken for anyone, will he still let go of Chiha ? I say it's early to answer. Not before Arata resolves his problem with his grandfather.

Apr 28, 2020 1:56 PM
Jun 2014
@MashimaTaichi_ kun, first of all, congratulations for reaching a milestone! The Second Page!! XD

Glad you "understood" my long post because I usually suck at explaining myself ^^"
And I like the fact that it made you reflect on your own self (this is something I do almost every two seconds in my life) so hopefully it's a positive thing for you...

Well, it just means that I wasn't really paying attention to Taichi n' his problems during anime/manga, and it took your awesome post for me to realize that I share some traits with him ;)

Relating to Taichi and being ISFP, hmmmm I want to read more about ISFPs because this sounds interesting and you are the first like this xD

I think most introverts share some traits... reserved, cautious, over-thinkers, day-dreamers, phone-haters, etc...
And do share if you find out something interesting about our MBTIs...

[Such is the overwhelming presence of the 'Chihayaburu'...]
Well said (assuming that you mean Arata's presence and him inspiring you or taking your mind off of those negative points - if it's not what you meant please ignore the next few words lol) because I tend to forget and get more hopeful and concentrate more on him when he is there too, but I guess at the end when I go back to my real life, I go back to being like him and those stupid ideas keep partying in my unconsciousness *sighs*

Yep, I did mean Arata and his overwhelming, inspiring presence, but I'd also like to include Chihaya as well. It was her beautiful artwork that brought to me Chihayafuru. I had to find out who this beauty was. And I've absolutely loved this adorable goofball since. She also makes me forget things! :D

Anyway... You said you loved Arata's first match with Taichi?

Nah, I said, "I really loved his bickering with Taichi before the 2nd match, after girls opened all windows and brought in the cold fresh air." You know, where he demands to know about Taichi's request to Suou-san. And then offers to play first five cards with his glasses off and annoys the heck out of Taichi. After all the tension of the first match, it was really funny to see him bickering like that, which I really loved.

for the repeated hammering of the same idea, I wonder if we would have felt like that if we read all the chapters at once, I think not? it's just that we are impatient and a whole month makes us think, expect and wish for more that we don't get haha.

Actually I read the whole manga in a month and a half last year, after the S3 started. I guess that's why now the month-long waiting (plus the hot summer) is making me kinda irritable...
AvishApr 28, 2020 2:04 PM
Apr 28, 2020 2:03 PM
Jun 2014
@watanoharaya, thank you for that list. Now we're getting somewhere!

Are there meanings and explanations about poems in that book? or short summaries?

@Hananofuru, hello from fellow Ara-Chi shipper :) They are meant to be. Hope mangaka doesn't change her mind after dropping so many hints.

About letting go 'Chiha', Arata usually doesn't obsess over it, but a couple of times he did, it cost him. Also, he has never won it, yet. So let's see how he does during the current arc. And Chihaya, it seems that 'Chiha' itself keeps eluding her... and recently she keeps losing it when it's there and it does affect her... so I don't think she's there yet.
AvishApr 28, 2020 2:41 PM
Apr 28, 2020 3:05 PM

Apr 2020
@watanoharaya and @Avish Thank you for the welcome! yaya more Chiharata fans <3

watanoharaya said:

I think it's too early to say so ... I am waiting to see, will Arata NOT use what he learnt from his match against Taichi? when he was thinking that obsessing over it will make him lose but Taichi proved him wrong?
When he thought he shouldn't obsess over Chihaya & Fu in his match against Harada, he corrected himself saying that "not obsessing" isn't him but his grandfather's rule and that he is not his grandfather.
If Arata let's go of Hajime's memory and plays as his own self not-mistaken for anyone, will he still let go of Chiha ? I say it's early to answer. Not before Arata resolves his problem with his grandfather.

Thank you for reminding me that, I had forgot about it for some reason. I honestly don't know how it got like this, was Arata's karuta always his grandpa's? after his match with Harada-sensei it seemed that subplot of Grandpa taking over Arata has continued still and probably about to be resolved here, in the matches, question is...will Arata win through this? will his own demon karuta be winner? I feel so confused here because I believe the Arata from the highschool tournament in S2 was his own playstyle...what is Arata's karuta then? the demon that fought against Taichi? I'm not sure if I like that negative approach to Arata...it didn't help that ppl antagonized him because he trashed Taichi's feelings.

But I would love to see him getting the Chiha and Fu card again....

@Avish

Avish said:

About letting go 'Chiha', Arata usually doesn't obsess over it, but a couple of times he did, it cost him. Also, he has never won it, yet. So let's see how he does during the current arc. And Chihaya, it seems that 'Chiha' itself keeps eluding her... and recently she keeps losing it when it's there and it does affect her... so I don't think she's there yet.

I'm worried for Chiharata, sure after his confession Chihaya's world got bright but after Taichi it seemed that some of her feelings for Arata have changed. I'm mostly worried about Taichi getting so much focus in his match with Arata and how he got the Chiha card, when Arata didn't. I think it might mean that Taichi will be with Chihaya. I've been shipping Arata and Chihaya from the beginning and it would sadden me if all the beautiful poems about them were just tossed aside, most of their poems are now shared with taichihaya so only poem 43 remains.
Apr 29, 2020 1:31 AM
Jun 2014
@Hananofuru, maybe now she loves both boys. ;)

But yeah, there are some worrying signs, but there are also good signs as well. Main difference I feel after Taichi left is that we don't hear Chihaya's inner thoughts as much as we used to, which makes things difficult. And sometimes it does feel like she's treating Arata like she used to treat Taichi, being oblivious and insensitive, which she never did before as far as I remember. It undermines the growth she went through after Taichi left.

I didn't really mind the focus on Taichi, but Chihaya's one-sided support to him was disappointing. It felt like both were playing as a team. From the 'Tasuki' moment to inspiring each other by showing meaningful cards while having telepathic conversations. And then 'bitter tears'. No happiness for Arata's victory or her own. I wonder if the guilt of hurting Taichi still weighs on her mind...

But, there are good signs as well... chapters 138, 154, 163, 170-173, 180, 188, 208, 212-217, 220-222... plus there's a rematch pending between them... can you imagine the fireworks during that match? So don't be discouraged. I guess mangaka has to keep both teams guessing... nothing much we can do but to wait and analyze things to keeps us occupied. :)
Apr 30, 2020 3:17 AM

Nov 2018
    A lively discussion:
    Glad we are having this lively conversation, so many points to discuss, worries mainly? haha.

@Avish, About the 2nd page, dunno mate, I never cared about it, I’m rather concerned that I cannot complete my other ideas as I wish

Sumere:
    Great!
    Yes, how she is still positive and moves ahead despite the rejection and staying close to Taichi with that courage, strength and positive care, it all is the opposite of Taichi’s reactions which were all “negative” imo. that’s why I admire her too.

sharing my long post:
    I think it’s accessible for everyone here, so hopefully anyone who can learn anything from it can find it here (and some friends shared it already on Facebook *shrugs*)

Chihayafuru and MBTI
    Ok, I’ll go back to read about it when I get more free time and I’ll try to share whatever I deem interesting...

Arata’s bickering with Taichi before the 2nd match
    Here, I join you!
    I also liked that short part yes.
    (and sorry for misunderstanding, I should maybe clarify that my English is not that advanced, sorry again.)

the month-long waiting
    You are right, I feel the same too except for right now i’m more eager because chapter 225 will be out in 1 day or 2 :D and I already expect that the matches will finish, Chihaya will go pray, Taichi might arrive at the entrance of Omi Jingu, so looks like a lot will go on in this chapter.

Wait, summer? it’s 71°F and i’m kinda cold right now (i’m no good with cold lol)

list of poems in the comic book
    Thank you very much Wataya-san (can I call you this?)
    this was very helpful, I think it will make things way easier for @i_Nameless's "investigation" xD
    (And if you can, would you post it in the "Worth a read" topic?)

And now, the cards symbolism and our worries
    I'll be back for this .............................

SPOILERS Guys, for those who like to read spoilers (like me :p) the spoilers are out, check the news thread !!
    Interesting chapter i'd say *thumbs up*
Apr 30, 2020 8:49 AM

Apr 2020
@Avish maybe but that's kinda disappointing haha. I still feel like it's unfair for Chihaya to be suffering so much over guilt for Taichi's confession.

Yeah I feel like Chihaya isn't caring much about Arata. It's sad considering how the story started with them. Ultimately I feel like Sensei will just go with the friendship ending.

About the early 255 spoilers:

btw I didn't know if other ppl could post in the news threads but I found the drama CD that came out with volume 43. Arata appears around minute 16 and he bumps into Chihaya in karaoke lol then he listens to her sing!

HananofuruApr 30, 2020 9:29 AM
Apr 30, 2020 2:32 PM
Jun 2014
@Avish, About the 2nd page, dunno mate, I never cared about it, I’m rather concerned that I cannot complete my other ideas as I wish

I was just trying to be funny, but I understand your frustration... And those are some really interesting topics, so hope you're able to find some time soon :)

Arata’s bickering with Taichi before the 2nd match. Here, I join you!
I also liked that short part yes.
(and sorry for misunderstanding, I should maybe clarify that my English is not that advanced, sorry again.)

Your English seems fine to me. Maybe you just misread in a hurry... it happens :) My own English is only high school level, which I learned as a single subject, rest was all in my mother tongue.

Wait, summer? it’s 71°F and i’m kinda cold right now (i’m no good with cold lol)

Here it's been 100°+ since March and will go higher during May. No AC, so most of the days, I'm melting in my chair, like Chihaya on the train, where Taichi tells her to act like a human being! Haha!

SPOILERS Guys, for those who like to read spoilers (like me :p) the spoilers are out, check the news thread !! Interesting chapter i'd say *thumbs up*

Hmmm... Why do you think Chi-chan never asked Arata for help, considering his record against Shinobu and seeing him defeating her match after match on youtube? It feels like she's been consciously (or subconsciously) avoiding contacting him...
AvishMay 2, 2020 5:11 AM
Apr 30, 2020 3:15 PM
Jun 2014
Hananofuru said:
@Avish maybe but that's kinda disappointing haha. I still feel like it's unfair for Chihaya to be suffering so much over guilt for Taichi's confession.

It is unfair, but she hasn't talked to anybody about it, so who's gonna tell her that it wasn't her fault. So she keeps walking on eggshells around him, blaming herself. And it's so strange that none of her Mizusawa buddies asked her why she's so down. On top of that Kana saying she would've asked her to leave the club was simply unbelievable!

Yeah I feel like Chihaya isn't caring much about Arata. It's sad considering how the story started with them. Ultimately I feel like Sensei will just go with the friendship ending.

She does care about him, but something definitely has changed. For example, the way she's being clueless about his losses feels off. I doubt she'd so casually talk to Taichi or her teammates about their losses. I don't know where Sensei is taking this... but let's hear what other members think.
May 1, 2020 2:09 AM
Jun 2014
I asked khaleesirin-san about the "Chi-ha" and her answer doesn't exactly reply the question, but her thoughts are always worth reading.

https://khaleesirin.tumblr.com/post/616790332014755840/hey-what-do-you-think-is-the-significance-of
AvishMay 1, 2020 3:08 AM
May 1, 2020 8:49 AM

Apr 2020
Avish said:
I asked khaleesirin-san about the "Chi-ha" and her answer doesn't exactly reply the question, but her thoughts are always worth reading.

https://khaleesirin.tumblr.com/post/616790332014755840/hey-what-do-you-think-is-the-significance-of

Re-reading some old chapters, in the last highschool tournament Arata loses the Chiha card to Shinobu when he is trying to get rid of the image of "that" room. Murao is surprised and comments that Arata lost one of his best cards so Arata has gotten the Chiha card before. Him losing it might be a reflection of his struggles to get stronger and maybe sensei is saving it for an important match or something.

And idk if any of you plant to purchase but I found the comic guide that was sold out in CD Japan on ebay if anyone is interested.

May 1, 2020 12:16 PM
Jun 2014
Hananofuru said:

Re-reading some old chapters, in the last highschool tournament Arata loses the Chiha card to Shinobu when he is trying to get rid of the image of "that" room. Murao is surprised and comments that Arata lost one of his best cards so Arata has gotten the Chiha card before. Him losing it might be a reflection of his struggles to get stronger and maybe sensei is saving it for an important match or something.

Yes, Murao does say so and maybe it is true, but I'm talking about the matches which we actually see him playing and where "Chi-ha" was read. As far I recall, he has lost it against Hiroshi, Murao, Shinobu and Taichi. We could also add Chihaya to that list if we count the match they played at his house. Only time I remember him winning 'Chiha' was during a group match when all three of them won it as Team Chihayafuru.

If you remember any other occasions, please share. It'll be helpful if we could create a database or something.
AvishMay 1, 2020 12:26 PM
May 1, 2020 1:02 PM

Apr 2020
Avish said:
Hananofuru said:

Yes, Murao does say so and maybe it is true, but I'm talking about the matches which we actually see him playing and where "Chi-ha" was read. As far I recall, he has lost it against Hiroshi, Murao, Shinobu and Taichi. We could also add Chihaya to that list if we count the match they played at his house. Only time I remember him winning 'Chiha' was during a group match when all three of them won it as Team Chihayafuru.

If you remember any other occasions, please share. It'll be helpful if we could create a database or something.

Sorry I don't remember, it'll be hard to find a moment because Arata's matches are never shown completely, it's always bits. I think we'd have to check for his match against Murao in the qualifiers (the one from S3) and his match against Harada-sensei. My guess is that the Chiha card is not read in those matches anyway...
May 2, 2020 5:08 AM
Jun 2014
Hananofuru said:
Avish said:

Sorry I don't remember, it'll be hard to find a moment because Arata's matches are never shown completely, it's always bits. I think we'd have to check for his match against Murao in the qualifiers (the one from S3) and his match against Harada-sensei. My guess is that the Chiha card is not read in those matches anyway...

Okay. No worries. Murao won it during that match. It wasn't read against Harada-sensei and against the Blunderer. It was read during the current Mejin-Queen finals, but they only showed Shinobu winning it...
May 2, 2020 10:17 AM

Apr 2020
Avish said:
Okay. No worries. Murao won it during that match. It wasn't read against Harada-sensei and against the Blunderer. It was read during the current Mejin-Queen finals, but they only showed Shinobu winning it...

I wonder what Sensei is planning...Has anyone read the chapter yet? I feel bad for Chihaya, I kinda hope Arata loses this second match so he can go check on Chihaya, sensei has make them ignore each other for some weird reason. We all also got the shrine scene being a parallel to Chihaya seeing Taichi.

Ultimately I hope we get a trio moment and Chihaya and Arata can win.
May 4, 2020 12:33 AM

Feb 2011
Hananofuru said:

I wonder what Sensei is planning...Has anyone read the chapter yet? I feel bad for Chihaya, I kinda hope Arata loses this second match so he can go check on Chihaya, sensei has make them ignore each other for some weird reason. We all also got the shrine scene being a parallel to Chihaya seeing Taichi.

Unfortunately, I need to read the English translation to fully understand the chapter, but yes I did saw the raw scans from the latest (ch 225).

It's sad seeing Chihaya in pain ( she already lost the second round of the tournament); even Arata was worried about her, he kept looking at her while she was crying: I hope Arata's match goes by quickly so he can comfort her: ( but knowing the creator, she's probably will set Chihaya with Taichi since he's heading his way towards her direction she's currently at... meh... don't mind me, Minna it's only Chiharata ship for me, I'm sure sensei will also hold a special moment just for Chihaya and Arata most likely after the whole tournament is over which will really hold a huge impact that lead us towards the main climax ( like the moment Taichi imagined Chihaya and Arata together at the shrine while he was praying):
I really hope it's foreshadowing in what's to come (something he always knew within Chihaya's heart about the deep affections she has for Arata will soon blossom, let's hope it COMES TRUE for the sake for OUR SHIP!!!! XD
sweetangieMay 4, 2020 3:06 AM
May 4, 2020 6:41 AM

Jul 2012
sweetangie said:
Hananofuru said:

Unfortunately, I need to read the English translation to fully understand the chapter, but yes I did saw the raw scans from the latest (ch 225).

It's sad seeing Chihaya in pain ( she already lost the second round of the tournament); even Arata was worried about her, he kept looking at her while she was crying: I hope Arata's match goes by quickly so he can comfort her: ( but knowing the creator, she's probably will set Chihaya with Taichi since he's heading his way towards her direction she's currently at... meh... don't mind me, Minna it's only Chiharata ship for me, I'm sure sensei will also hold a special moment just for Chihaya and Arata most likely after the whole tournament is over which will really hold a huge impact that lead us towards the main climax ( like the moment Taichi imagined Chihaya and Arata together at the shrine while he was praying):
I really hope it's foreshadowing in what's to come (something he always knew within Chihaya's heart about the deep affections she has for Arata will soon blossom, let's hope it COMES TRUE for the sake for OUR SHIP!!!! XD

This chapter is available translated. I've just read it. ^^ Yes, I'm afraid it goes to Taichi comforting Chihaya after her loss. It's unfair for Arata, because he is busy with his match and most likely won't be able to come in time. Yes, let's hope that couple of chapters later we'll see Chihaya and Arata talking. They never could have proper conversations after the tournaments and always were in hurry to leave home.
May 4, 2020 8:35 AM

Apr 2020
Glad to have more people commenting, as @Hayama-Mizuki said the chapter is now available. From what I got from the chapter Taichi is chasing after Chitose so she can go cheer on Chihaya, I believe he is going to an opposite direction from where Chihaya is? or maybe he will see Chihaya idk, I still wish for a trio moment and at least Arata noticed Chihaya. I really want a good Chihaya/Arata moment, we haven't had those in a while and destiny never lets them talk! (Shinobu interrupted them last time).

A lot of people are saying Taichi shrine scene and Chihaya one are a symbolism for the Chiha card. Well a lot of people by now think the Chiha card is about Taichi's love, I guess it fits but also the card has been shown when Chihaya says she'll always love Arata so who knows? if Sensei goes with Taichi/Chihaya then all those words Chihaya said in the hospital, and the poems will be meaningless? I think I'm jumping to conclusion but now I feel danger towards my ship lol I hope we get the endgame, cuz I think those 2 karuta bakas deserve it (all the time the series has had only focus on Taichi and his feelings, and not Chihaya's).

Btw about Suo and Arata's match, do you think Arata will win eventually? he might lose this match and the next now that Suo has seen Yukiko-chan.

Also @sweetangie I'm so happy to find you here! I'm a huge fan of your videos ^^
May 4, 2020 1:48 PM
Jun 2014
Taichi changing his mind after seeing Chitose felt really sudden. And I've had enough of Taichi helping Chihaya. Let our boy give her some tips on how to beat the Queen, since he's the expert on the subject.

And, yes. I've seen a few comments saying Arata is the Emporer, Chihaya, the Empress, and Taichi, the poet. But aren't they jumping the gun? The way things are looking, Chihaya may not win. Winning three in a row against the Queen who is starting to have fun seems rather improbable right now. And even if she does win, wasn't poet the ex-lover? So it doesn't really fit with our trio's story.
May 4, 2020 2:07 PM

Apr 2020
Avish said:
Taichi changing his mind after seeing Chitose felt really sudden. And I've had enough of Taichi helping Chihaya. Let our boy give her some tips on how to beat the Queen, since he's the expert on the subject.

And, yes. I've seen a few comments saying Arata is the Emporer, Chihaya, the Empress, and Taichi, the poet. But aren't they jumping the gun? The way things are looking, Chihaya may not win. Winning three in a row against the Queen who is starting to have fun seems rather improbable right now. And even if she does win, wasn't poet the ex-lover? So it doesn't really fit with our trio's story.

It's kinda messy considering how in the Chiha poem, the empress is also in love with the poet before marrying the emperor but such is not the case with Chihaya given she has shown romantic affections for Arata and not Taichi.

Sensei seems to be basing the matches with the real life ones of this year. The challenger won the last 3 matches against the queen while the meijin defended his title. How will this play out exactly in the story is yet to be seen but Chihaya can win the next 2, and maybe lose the final one. As for the meijin matches it's very likely for Arata to win cuz it has been foreshadowing for a long time.
May 4, 2020 3:09 PM
Jun 2014
Hananofuru said:
Avish said:

It's kinda messy considering how in the Chiha poem, the empress is also in love with the poet before marrying the emperor but such is not the case with Chihaya given she has shown romantic affections for Arata and not Taichi.

Sensei seems to be basing the matches with the real life ones of this year. The challenger won the last 3 matches against the queen while the meijin defended his title. How will this play out exactly in the story is yet to be seen but Chihaya can win the next 2, and maybe lose the final one. As for the meijin matches it's very likely for Arata to win cuz it has been foreshadowing for a long time.

Yeah, it doesn't fit.

It does seem likely that Arata will become the Meijin, but can't really predict the Qeeun.
AvishMay 4, 2020 3:12 PM
May 4, 2020 3:21 PM

Apr 2020
Looks like the Taichi side is already celebrating early that Chihaya will choose Taichi after the parallaled panels of the shrine. If such is the case then I wonder how will Chihaya answer Arata's confession, or will sensei just have Arata look at them not bringing it up ever again?
May 5, 2020 12:14 AM
Jun 2014
Hananofuru said:
Looks like the Taichi side is already celebrating early that Chihaya will choose Taichi after the parallaled panels of the shrine. If such is the case then I wonder how will Chihaya answer Arata's confession, or will sensei just have Arata look at them not bringing it up ever again?

You're even more pessimistic than me! Haha!

But, seriously, do you really think Sensei will do this after building up Ara-Chi so much? Sure there're signs that Chihaya may have developed something for Taichi, and comparatively, her longing for Arata has been rather restrained. But, she interpreted his 'let's play Karuta together' as 'let's spend our lives together.' That's huge for Chihaya. Don't you think? More recently, Arata wanting to embrace her, but embracing his parents instead! Will Sensei break his heart after such a sweet moment, without giving him any sort of chance? Also, Chihaya is yet to answer her own question, "When was I the happiest playing Karuta?" Will she able to answer that without playing against Arata one more time? And who knows what might happen during that match? So let's trust Sensei but with our fingers crossed. Haha.
AvishMay 5, 2020 2:30 AM
May 5, 2020 12:46 AM

Feb 2011
@Hayama-Mizuki Thank you for telling me ch 225 is already out in English translation and yes I just read it too. :) Poor Arata seeing the girl he loves in pain and yet can't get close to her now since he's still playing an important karuta match with no ther than the current Meijin himself; most likely he won't make it in time to be the first person to comfort her, and the way we're seeing it, this moment most likely will be Taichi who will comfort Chihaya, I don't like this... however, the way I'm seeing this, whoever ends up with Chihaya will have the conversation where their future plans will carry on for their entire lifetime together: ( and all we know that's something will happen in the end): for some reason why sensei hasn't give a proper conversation between Chihaya and Arata where they can be alone ) not to mention, Chihaya's postposment carries a greater purpose , I bet sensei is saving their special moment after the entire tournament where Chihaya can set her other goals in life other than becoming queen): rather we're going to see Chihaya and Taichi together now will not determine Chihaya's overall love just in one outing together, plus we aren't in the main climax as it yet ( it's heading there but not at this moment).

@Hananofuru Thank you for being a fan of my AMVs ( I really appreciate it) YAY!!!: welcome aboard to Chiharata ship. ;) I have to say, we should trust sensei's storytelling: everything she provided between each of the ships carries importance in what's to come: and yes Chiharata's ship fits the story's main theme ( through karuta their destiny connected them together, through a promise to meet through karuta, Arata interpreted karuta to express his feelings while Chihaya told him her plans for the future through karuta (and I'm certain Chihaya will give Arata her answer through karuta as well): the only person Chihaya ever share her future dreams to in-person and that's something that never happened with Taichi): this shows Chihaya sees Arata as someone who she sees great importance towards her future as someone who she wish to spend her life with. Let's fully trust Chiharata's symbolism that reflections their inner affections they both have in each other: where karuta is their bridge that will forever connect them together as one. <3

@Avish Excellent pointers of Chihaya x Arata moments and yes those moments are very recent too and yes this shows sensei will go back to them when the time is right, all this takes patience and we all passed, sensei will reward our ship with a special gift that will carry forever towards Chihaya and Arata happy future together, let's believe it. xD
sweetangieMay 5, 2020 1:00 AM
May 5, 2020 10:47 AM

Apr 2020
@Avish I sure am T_T!! That's what keeps me hoping but I still can't help but think that Arata is still distant and hasn't been paid much attention neither in manga nor by Chihaya. It's sad considering at the beginning him and Chihaya were the main characters and couple but then Arata looks more like a secondary character, even though he has more to offer! There is also the interview in which sensei talks about how 18 is not an age to decide something like marriage and Arata just proposed to Chihaya lol I really hope that Arata gets a proper response. I really don't wanna see him ending with Shinobu, I don't like that ship.

@sweetangie "Chiharata's ship fits the story's main theme " 100% agreed that's why I expected more of them but so far not so much. I do love however the moments where Arata made Chihaya feel better and there is that cord drawn with them and Kana saying "one cord can untie everything" or something like that, really beautiful moment! Oh and ofc Arata's holding Chihaya's hands and wanting to hold her, so sweet...I hope he gets to do that! though that leaves the question, if Chihaya loses against Shinobu will she answer Arata? she said she wanted to be strong to be in front of the person she likes...I wish the 2 could win the titles, else the story would have an strange ending cuz there is no more room to have another challenge tournament for Chihaya to win the title again.

Overall I hope we do have that Arata/Chihaya rematch!
May 5, 2020 12:07 PM

Jul 2012
@Hananofuru I think that this time winning 3 matches in a row is unlikely for Chihaya. They are the first girls to play 5 matches instead of 3. It would be as if Shinobu gave consent to play them all and lost, because of that. Even winning 1 match with Shinobu is an achievement. Of course Chihaya will be unhappy, but she managed to become Shinobu’s equal which is also an important thing. Sensei is planning more chapters to write and the story will be finished 2 years later. There should be enough space for a re-match. Maybe next time she won’t show us team championship and smaller tournaments in detail. Our characters have to graduate from schools and their daily routine changes. So next chapters may not be the same.
May 5, 2020 1:14 PM

Apr 2020
Hayama-Mizuki said:
@Hananofuru I think that this time winning 3 matches in a row is unlikely for Chihaya. They are the first girls to play 5 matches instead of 3. It would be as if Shinobu gave consent to play them all and lost, because of that. Even winning 1 match with Shinobu is an achievement. Of course Chihaya will be unhappy, but she managed to become Shinobu’s equal which is also an important thing. Sensei is planning more chapters to write and the story will be finished 2 years later. There should be enough space for a re-match. Maybe next time she won’t show us team championship and smaller tournaments in detail. Our characters have to graduate from schools and their daily routine changes. So next chapters may not be the same.

We'll see...it's not the first time miracles happen, Mizusawa became Tokyo champion in their first year and national champions in second yeard, Taichi got into the finals of class A tournament just when he reached class A, so anything is possible really.

uhm I never thought about that, I guess without the team tournament you can do other stuff but I think sensei will focus in graduation and career paths. Maybe the Yoshino tournament.
May 5, 2020 2:51 PM
Jun 2014
Hananofuru said:
@Avish I sure am T_T!! That's what keeps me hoping but I still can't help but think that Arata is still distant and hasn't been paid much attention neither in manga nor by Chihaya. It's sad considering at the beginning him and Chihaya were the main characters and couple but then Arata looks more like a secondary character, even though he has more to offer! There is also the interview in which sensei talks about how 18 is not an age to decide something like marriage and Arata just proposed to Chihaya lol I really hope that Arata gets a proper response. I really don't wanna see him ending with Shinobu, I don't like that ship.

Yes, I always wonder why has Sensei kept Arata so restricted? It's like he's not allowed to have more than a few moments with Chihaya without something interrupting them. And why this insistence of only interacting at Karuta tournaments? I was annoyed when Arata asked himself, "Why am I always the one so far away?" No wonder it took him over 200 chapters to pick up the phone and call the girl he likes. It's frustrating. Haha.

I don't get people shipping him with Shinobu. They've always felt like siblings to me. So I don't even consider it a possibility.
May 5, 2020 3:02 PM

Apr 2020
Avish said:
Hananofuru said:

Yes, I always wonder why has Sensei kept Arata so restricted? It's like he's not allowed to have more than a few moments with Chihaya without something interrupting them. And why this insistence of only interacting at Karuta tournaments? I was annoyed when Arata asked himself, "Why am I always the one so far away?" No wonder it took him over 200 chapters to pick up the phone and call the girl he likes. It's frustrating. Haha.

I don't get people shipping him with Shinobu. They've always felt like siblings to me. So I don't even consider it a possibility.

You'd think that with the team tournament would be the perfect chance to put Arata in the same level of development as Taichi and Chihaya but noooope, more Taichi suffering.

Well at least their interactions brought up some Chihaya jealously so it ain't that bad lol I hope Arata's mom remembers Chihaya as girlfriend-chan. Speaking of Arata's love interests, ppl always try to ship him with Shinobu or Yuu lmao. Even Murao siblingzoned Yuu.
May 7, 2020 10:58 AM

Nov 2018
    Sorry for being this inactive, (am I the only one who is given double the tasks because of the quarantine??? *sulks*)

@hananofuru, any topic that is NOT LOCKED you can post in it - REFERABLY organized and well formatted posts like we do (**please forgive this little piece of perfectionist wreck, I already forced my obsession on iNameless xD so feel free to join lol)
    For the Drama CD, the spoilers and the link to the comic book, thank you very much, the drama CD was very fun, Arata’s part specifically (even though I didn’t understand half what was said tsk tsk); for the comic book, we got a copy of it but again, Japanese ……………….. :(…… lol.

So much pessimism huh ……….
    Is it because i’m not a passionate shipper that i don’t feel any threat? ok i’m not a passionate Chiharata shipper but I hate Taichihaya passionately haha… and I still feel zero threat.

The cards symbolism and our worries:

I really want to contribute positively in this subject but I’m afraid I still don’t like to make “theories” or at least name my thoughts so (ironically, it’s because I don’t like to be proven wrong / lose at the end because we all know that an author can explain things the way they want even if your reasoning makes sense, it’s like someone handing you a pen and a piece of paper, you think you are supposed to write something until that person speaks and tells you to pass them to the person next to you , Not everything making sense to you will happen …I know … nothing fun about it :/ )

Still, I guess I want to say some things:

I strongly believe in either an open ending where Arata will be the one with a clearer/bigger chance to get together with Chihaya in the future OR a Chiharata ending, BUT IT WON’T BE WITHOUT TAICHI, this is among the things I believe we should make peace with: don’t feel bothered by Taichi’s scenes, expect more of them and embrace them, he is VERY dear to Chihaya but not romantically!

In my opinion, Taichi’s role is to highlight the meaning of the poems, as many of them as possible anyway, so I don’t think it’s right to refuse any analysis associating the poems with Taichi…
    In some conference (I said this before), Suetsugu sensei (or the other guest) said that the 100 poems are also called the 100 poems by the hundred LOSERS (or something close), they explained that it’s because most these poems are told by poets who suffered from some failure (dethroned, in unrequited love, their friends left so loneliness..etc.)
    The author then said: “Listen to the loser, not the winner, it’s more interesting”
    Doesn’t this remind you of Taichi?
    Suetsugu clearly cares so much for him and my guess is that it’s because he suits the role of conveying the depth of so many of the hyakunin Isshu that she wants to bring closer to the new generations so badly, so she uses him for the most emotional scenes (and what’s more emotional than sad stories?) …In short yes, he is very related to the poems and personally I expect him to be drawn every time another “emotional” poem is meant to be introduced OR even when an already introduced poem is meant to be explained more.

Arata and Chihaya are more related to Karuta as a game, the sound, strategies, spreading it, with it being a national treasure to attach 1000 years of history with 1000 more years to come etc (this is an expression used in that same conference)
    Yes, Arata & Chihaya are also represented with some poems but not as many/deeply as Taichi, they rather are poems related to their names (Watanoharaya & Chihayaburu), poems expressing “Goals” like “Tago no” or “Strength” like “Fu” for example.

But as iNameless said, “Se” might be the special poem.
    It is not related to the game of Karuta specifically, it’s rather about meeting again, wishing to meet again, asking to meet again etc, this is the first card Chihaya ever took from Arata (Notice that she kept wishing to see/meet him for a long time after that),
    After Taichi left, Chihaya sent a message to him telling him about qualifying for the nationals and that the last card read was “SE”, Taichi explained that the meaning wanted there was “Asking fate for a chance to meet again” …Chihaya wanted to meet Taichi again, she was preoccupied with the desire to meet but this time, it’s Taichi not Arata,
    Until her match with Arata who took back that card from her (he targeted it desperately), with the card gone from her to Arata again, Taichi came back and her wish was fulfilled,
    Now I believe Arata is the one to miss Chihaya and feel lonely.
    and as @watanoharaya remarked before, these three cards weren’t placed on some old & recent covers unintentionally: Arata’s card (11), Chihaya’s card (17) and “SE” …My guess is that “Se” will appear a lot in the future or be used in a significant Chiharata moment.

Aaaaaand Chiha! the big mystery of Chihayafuru:
    As I said to a friend a few weeks ago, I believe that Suetsugu used the cards for two things: to represent “a person” OR “an emotion/idea/feeling”.
    Example: WataNoHaraYa(11) talks about a journey in the wide ocean, there are no other “explicit” ideas it can convey so it was always used to only represent Wataya Arata.
    Chiha for example is used for both:
    1) The person was always Chihaya
    2) The emotions VARY FROM ARC TO ARC; every time a new message is transmitted through it I guess (new but always related to Chihaya, at least this is what it makes me feel when I read)
    So personally, I don’t see Chiha as one thing, it’s not a repetition of the old romance between Nijo no Kisaki and Ariwara no Narihira, it is something for (Taichi & Arata) and it is something else for (Chihaya herself) and I guess, what matters is what it means to Chihaya because that’s what will go with us to the end of the story …

hmmmm again I feel hesitant in saying anything about it as long as I don’t have all the data (I already said this: I honestly didn’t pay attention to it in the past) so for now, I just tried to look at it more… here are some data for iNameless-detective-san xD:

Chiha in scenes I could gather: (A is Arata, T is Taichi & C is Chihaya)

Chiha in some of Taichi's matches:

Chiha in some of Arata's matches:

May 7, 2020 11:06 AM

Nov 2018
    So I am the last one to read chapter 225 in English....

These are my impressions, long and rough, I enjoyed the chapter so much and now time to wait for another month (thankfully, the corona outbreak didn’t affect Chihayafuru like so many other works :( )

May 7, 2020 1:12 PM

Apr 2020
MashimaTaichi_ said:
    So I am the last one to read chapter 225 in English....

These are my impressions, long and rough, I enjoyed the chapter so much and now time to wait for another month (thankfully, the corona outbreak didn’t affect Chihayafuru like so many other works :( )

This is something that has bothered me about Taichi's character lately. I thought that his character arc had ended in chapter 205 when he would realize he doesn't have to be the best or be the meijin to be with Arata and Chihaya. And he would go to support them. But instead sensei kept the drama and I can't understand Taichi still questions whether he is useful or not, if he cares so much about Chihaya then why isn't he there for her? seems very selfish from him, and I thought we were already through with that side of him but nope. I guess he is still making Chihaya suffer...

About the prayer I got the feeling the was praying for Arata too but it could be Suo as you say, personally I don't wanna believe Taichi still has some negative emotions toward Arata, else the whole thing in the challenger matches were useless. Cause we are back to square one with Taichi's insecurities.

I think Taichi went to look for Chitose, and although I prefer a trio moment or Arata helping Chihaya, Chitose might be the central part in giving Chihaya a boost.
May 7, 2020 1:22 PM

Apr 2020
@MashimaTaichi_

any topic that is NOT LOCKED you can post in it - REFERABLY organized and well formatted posts like we do (**please forgive this little piece of perfectionist wreck, I already forced my obsession on iNameless xD so feel free to join lol)
For the Drama CD, the spoilers and the link to the comic book, thank you very much, the drama CD was very fun, Arata’s part specifically (even though I didn’t understand half what was said tsk tsk); for the comic book, we got a copy of it but again, Japanese ……………….. :(…… lol.

I see! I wanted to ask for permission first, if I find any media I'll try post it there in the same format (excuse me of I mess up the first time, still learning how to use MAL but I'll make sure to edit them later).

You're welcome about drama CD. And about the databook do you think you could share some pages? about Chihaya, Arata, and Chiharata? please >< I've been trying to find a leak but no such luck (I doubt anyone would take time to scan all the pages tho lol).

I strongly believe in either an open ending where Arata will be the one with a clearer/bigger chance to get together with Chihaya in the future OR a Chiharata ending, BUT IT WON’T BE WITHOUT TAICHI, this is among the things I believe we should make peace with: don’t feel bothered by Taichi’s scenes, expect more of them and embrace them, he is VERY dear to Chihaya but not romantically!

I believe will get an open ending. Of course Taichi wouldn't be absent, I think we all figured he'd get a great part of spotlight too, but talking about romance I hope it's Arata. But I hope Chihaya gets the christmas party with everyone she loves present as she imagined in s3.

About the Chiha I think at this point I have concluded that sensei used that very specific poem because it can be used in lots of ways as you used, and might differ between characters. To Taichi is his love for Chihaya but for Chihaya is also her love for Arata, and well it depends on the person and the interpretation.

Thank you for taking time to make those lists! very helpful!

May 8, 2020 1:27 AM

Feb 2011
Hananofuru said:

@sweetangie "Chiharata's ship fits the story's main theme " 100% agreed that's why I expected more of them but so far not so much. I do love however the moments where Arata made Chihaya feel better and there is that cord drawn with them and Kana saying "one cord can untie everything" or something like that, really beautiful moment! Oh and ofc Arata's holding Chihaya's hands and wanting to hold her, so sweet...I hope he gets to do that! though that leaves the question, if Chihaya loses against Shinobu will she answer Arata? she said she wanted to be strong to be in front of the person she likes...I wish the 2 could win the titles, else the story would have an strange ending cuz there is no more room to have another challenge tournament for Chihaya to win the title again.

Overall I hope we do have that Arata/Chihaya rematch!

Right now Chihaya is fully focused on her match with Shinobu without getting herself distracted as Arata said to her for them to be together it doesn't have to be "now" after Chihaya settles her goals with Arata ch 173 still remains and so does the wording they both said to each other that day as well: where Arata said, "just someday when our paths are closer to each other, tell me how you feel about me because I'm coming to be near you". Winning isn't everything in life, all that matters is for both Chihaya and Arata play their fullest in the tournament and will accept the results no matter what happens, and yes Chihaya's response towards Arata's love confession is one of them, even if she loses the entire tournament, she still has her answer of replying to Arata's affections just like in how he expressed his feelings by confessing them after losing his match towards Harada: perhaps a theory like this: (she may not be #1 in karuta, but she found her #1 of her heart) " for that day to come, let's us now and forever play karuta together" I expect sharing a beautiful embrace between them that holds her deep feelings she always has towards him so passionately after their long wait to finally be together has arrived, giving her answer another match together it's needed. Let's hope it will give bring us a recreational moment from their very first game together that made her love karuta in the first place: this time in the present time where she sees her entire flashback memories in a complete circle from the very first chapter of the story.
sweetangieMay 8, 2020 3:57 AM
May 8, 2020 10:42 AM

Nov 2018
    @hananofuru:
    Taichi's insecurities:
    Arata's acknowledgement didn't heal Taichi completely because there are two issues with him, I thought of this when I saw the comic book, these are the chosen panels to start the “Story Guide” chapter.

Taichi is about two things:
    1) « you are a coward » --> but he got the dearest acknowledgement from Arata that he got over it
    2) “I don’t want Chihaya to hate me” --> he needs to know that Chihaya really doesn’t hate him, that she likes him a lot and she always did, he needs to ACKNOWLEDGE CHIHAYA’S FEELINGS FOR HIM even if they are not romantic.
    So maybe this is what Suetsugu is doing with him now?
    An honest conversation is probably the most needed thing between Chihaya & Taichi at this point.

His prayer for Arata:
    Ok so maybe my words were a bit of extremism … maybe Taichi believes that Suo is the one who is suffering so he needs the salvation (y consequence his prayers) more and that Arata will be fine because he sees him that strong and reliable but he still is conscious that Arata is included in his prayers so it counts as praying for him...
    (Though I can never see it as an honest feeling from Taichi to Arata, I consider the “Do your best over there too” message he told Arata shyly over the phone before his match with Harada a better example)

Who will be cheering on Chihaya?
    I also think Chitose is the best to give her a push… but it might take longer for her to encourage her sister, there is still an unresolved issue between the two, Chitose isn't happy about Chihaya giving up being her 1st one fan to become her own star (I want to see Chitose meet Arata and hit him because he was the one who stole Chihaya from her, yare yare Arata, you angered both Chitose & Taichi and now they will meet and make a team against you xD) that would be fun lol.

Chihayafuru Karuta Nyumon Hen
    Thank you very much for sharing the links on the news topic , you did a good job after all xD (sorry again for being this picky)
    by the way, if you are a PC user (at least when surfing Myanimelist) there an add on that allows you to format your posts easier by just selecting your text and clicking a button, if you are interested let me know

The comic Book
    the person who sent it to me intended to share it on our Aratafuru group on Facebook (but didn’t cause there are many pages) so I think I can forward the email to you if you like.. you can send your e-mail to me by private message.

For the ending
    for some reason I think it will be when Chihaya & Arata have their rematch maybe in the next Yoshino tournament…I don’t expect Christmas or BD parties and rather their graduation ceremony but who knows…

Chiha
    it’s what I think & believe too, Although I want to know how Taichi fans think and established their theories, do you know anything about it?

@sweetangie
    Let's hope it will give bring us a recreational moment from their very first game together that made her love karuta in the first place: this time in the present time where she sees her entire flashback memories in a complete circle from the very first chapter of the story.

Yess, I expect this as Suetsugu sensei said in an interview before, she is going to relate the present with the volume 1!!

May 8, 2020 12:42 PM

Apr 2020
@sweetangie
sweetangie said:

Right now Chihaya is fully focused on her match with Shinobu without getting herself distracted as Arata said to her for them to be together it doesn't have to be "now" after Chihaya settles her goals with Arata ch 173 still remains and so does the wording they both said to each other that day as well: where Arata said, "just someday when our paths are closer to each other, tell me how you feel about me because I'm coming to be near you". Winning isn't everything in life, all that matters is for both Chihaya and Arata play their fullest in the tournament and will accept the results no matter what happens, and yes Chihaya's response towards Arata's love confession is one of them, even if she loses the entire tournament, she still has her answer of replying to Arata's affections just like in how he expressed his feelings by confessing them after losing his match towards Harada: perhaps a theory like this: (she may not be #1 in karuta, but she found her #1 of her heart) " for that day to come, let's us now and forever play karuta together" I expect sharing a beautiful embrace between them that holds her deep feelings she always has towards him so passionately after their long wait to finally be together has arrived, giving her answer another match together it's needed. Let's hope it will give bring us a recreational moment from their very first game together that made her love karuta in the first place: this time in the present time where she sees her entire flashback memories in a complete circle from the very first chapter of the story.

A beautiful reflection! even if she doesn't become queen I hope she feels satisfied and give our boy an answer.

@MashimaTaichi_

1) « you are a coward » --> but he got the dearest acknowledgement from Arata that he got over it
2) “I don’t want Chihaya to hate me” --> he needs to know that Chihaya really doesn’t hate him, that she likes him a lot and she always did, he needs to ACKNOWLEDGE CHIHAYA’S FEELINGS FOR HIM even if they are not romantic.
An honest conversation is probably the most needed thing between Chihaya & Taichi at this point.

Thank you for this, I now believe he needs to know Chihaya doesn't hate him.

Chihayafuru Karuta Nyumon Hen
Thank you very much for sharing the links on the news topic , you did a good job after all xD (sorry again for being this picky)
by the way, if you are a PC user (at least when surfing Myanimelist) there an add on that allows you to format your posts easier by just selecting your text and clicking a button, if you are interested let me know

No problem at all, I like things organized at some degree too lol and yes I would like to learn more!

For the ending
for some reason I think it will be when Chihaya & Arata have their rematch maybe in the next Yoshino tournament…I don’t expect Christmas or BD parties and rather their graduation ceremony but who knows…

About what comes next, I re-read some of your posts in the other threads and I remembered the Ooe cup being mentioned by Japanese fans, at first I was confused but re-reading previous chapters I found it. And I think it's very possible for both Taichi's and Arata's ending to have a match with Chihaya in this tournament:

One big problem though: OUR BOY ARATA NEVER GETS INVITED INTO ANYTHING. Here I am hoping Rieko-san invites the (now) meijin or Chihaya will drag him into this.
May 9, 2020 3:52 AM

Nov 2018
    No problem at all, I like things organized at some degree too lol and yes I would like to learn more!

Thank you for understanding.
    for the add-on and as I said, it's only for PC users:
    1) you'll need to add "Tampermonkey" to your browser (I know it works for Firefox and Chrome)
    2) Go here (https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/5709-bbcodes-for-mal) and install the script
    3) Next time you opem MAL, most text areas will now have buttons to write BBcode instead of writing them manually.

About what comes next, I re-read some of your posts in the other threads and I remembered the Ooe cup being mentioned by Japanese fans, at first I was confused but re-reading previous chapters I found it. And I think it's very possible for both Taichi's and Arata's ending to have a match with Chihaya in this tournament:

so it really exists!!!
    Thank you very much!
    what you said is really probable... if the tournament will be held in a period where Arata already came to Tokyo (like after the Yoshino tournament) he can stay a bit longer for it .. if it's just an unofficial cup like (Taichi cup) I think, even something like this can happen:

But as Ooe-san said, they'll wear traditional outfits instead , I can already imagine them like in Ayumi-san's fan art

May 9, 2020 6:45 AM

Nov 2018

Guys, I want to change the title of the topic "Worth a read" to something else, maybe "Info & Analysis"?
because not everything we say it's worth a read actually is :/
also, I want to post there things like translations to pieces that might be important even if we don't comment on them ...
hmmmmm can't decide ..
What do you think?

May 9, 2020 11:23 AM

Apr 2020
MashimaTaichi_ said:

Thank you for understanding.
    for the add-on and as I said, it's only for PC users:
    1) you'll need to add "Tampermonkey" to your browser (I know it works for Firefox and Chrome)
    2) Go here (https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/5709-bbcodes-for-mal) and install the script
    3) Next time you opem MAL, most text areas will now have buttons to write BBcode instead of writing them manually.

so it really exists!!!
    Thank you very much!
    what you said is really probable... if the tournament will be held in a period where Arata already came to Tokyo (like after the Yoshino tournament) he can stay a bit longer for it .. if it's just an unofficial cup like (Taichi cup) I think, even something like this can happen:

But as Ooe-san said, they'll wear traditional outfits instead , I can already imagine them like in Ayumi-san's fan art

Thank you about the buttons! it worked!

About the cover, I forgot about that one! anyone has that one textless? I love the green colors and the cards shown. I hope it's a foreshadowing.

Yes Ooe-san said traditional clothing but maybe something like the Taichi cup can happen? when it's too late and the finals are left for another time. I don't know if this cup would be considered official or not, though. However I would love to have an Arata and Chihaya match with just them and the tape, but I don't see them likely having a moment alone. Taichi reading is fine but I would like a parallel from the first chapter.

Do you think there would be another Taichi vs Chihaya match?

Ayumi-san's fanart are so beautiful <3 ngl I would like to see Arata in other hakama, black is nice but other colors would be nice! like the blue one sometimes sensei draws him in. And you know when we were introduced to the Chiha card meaning by Kana in the anime in the shop, I thought that one big kimono with the tatsuta river would be the one Chihaya would be wearing but I guess it would be too much haha.

MashimaTaichi_ said:
Guys, I want to change the title of the topic "Worth a read" to something else, maybe "Info & Analysis"?
also, I want to post there things like translations to pieces that might be important even if we don't comment on them ...
hmmmmm can't decide ..
What do you think?

I like Info & Analysis! it fits better. Btw Taichi do you translate them yourself?

Also has anyone read the light novels? are they the same content as the middle school spin off?
HananofuruMay 9, 2020 11:31 AM
May 10, 2020 4:16 AM
Jun 2014
@MashimaTaichi_ kun,
Very nice detective work on "Chiha". Thank you. Please also add Ch100. I think its Yoshino Tournament. Chihaya won it from Haruka and Arata lost it to Hiroshi.

I didn't notice Ch48 before... So even while imagining Arata loses it to Suo! Makes me sad...

What is that 'databook' mentioned in that chart?

About Ara-Chi and our pessimism... I told @Hananofuru san to trust Sensei, but I myself is having trouble with it, to be honest... Haha.

Some of Chihaya's behavior towards Arata doesn't make sense to me. I also don't like Sensei hiding Chihaya's thoughts from us, because those were the main source for us to know about her affection for Arata. Or is it that she's not having them anymore? Her reactions to him seem weaker compared to before because of that. She's also not being considerate of him like she used to. As you said, she was preoccupied with Taichi during Nationals and pretty much ignored Arata. His outburst after that match and 5-0 loss didn't seem to register with her. Instead, we see her bragging about defeating him on TV. Which is a pretty insensitive thing to do. Luckily he hasn't seen it I think. Then her 'bitter tears' during challenger finals. I understand her pain, but her one-sided support to Taichi was really hard to digest. I noticed Sensei likes to create parallels and it feels like she's trying to create between Arata and Taichi in the sense how Chihaya treats them. Which is really unfair because Arata has spent a fraction of time with Chihaya compare to Taichi. I understand Sensei has to keep both sides guessing, but Chihaya's character keeps suffering in the process. Arata has also suffered I think as I mentioned previously that Sensei has kept him very restricted for some reason. I mean it took him over 200 chapters to pick up the phone and call the girl he likes... which is simply not good enough. It's also taking him forever to come to Tokyo. When did he first mention it? Season 2 Episode 4 I think... which is chapter 55-56... how many years ago was that? I can't even imagine what the fans who been following since the beginning must have gone through...

Anyway... you said you don’t like to make theories or share your thoughts, but I request you to share with us what are you seeing that we're unable to... Actually this was one of the reasons why I joined, in search of some positivity, after reading your and @iNameless_ san's positive posts :) I was so happy after S2 finale, then I read the manga last year and here we are... haha

About Taichi being a loser... you might wanna visit the 150+ pages of thread about that... ;)

'Worth a read' feels fine to me. Because everything about Arata or Ara-Chi is 'worth a read' for us :) As for Info "What's up Chihayafuru' is already there. And we analyze things in this thread also. So no need to change IMO.
AvishMay 10, 2020 8:42 AM
May 10, 2020 5:46 AM

Jan 2020
Thank you very much Wataya-san (can I call you this?)
this was very helpful, I think it will make things way easier for @i_Nameless's "investigation" xD
(And if you can, would you post it in the "Worth a read" topic?)

You can call me that.
I will try to add more details and post it there LATER (when you unlock the topic)

Avish said:
Are there meanings and explanations about poems in that book? or short summaries?

Yes. Every scene in the comic book has a title and a short summary but I can’t understand everything, I could read few of them and nothing new…only what we already knew but I will try to add some details as I said.

But as iNameless said, “Se” might be the special poem.
It is not related to the game of Karuta specifically, it’s rather about meeting again, wishing to meet again, asking to meet again etc, this is the first card Chihaya ever took from Arata (Notice that she kept wishing to see/meet him for a long time after that),
After Taichi left, Chihaya sent a message to him telling him about qualifying for the nationals and that the last card read was “SE”, Taichi explained that the meaning wanted there was “Asking fate for a chance to meet again” …Chihaya wanted to meet Taichi again, she was preoccupied with the desire to meet but this time, it’s Taichi not Arata,
Until her match with Arata who took back that card from her (he targeted it desperately), with the card gone from her to Arata again, Taichi came back and her wish was fulfilled,
Now I believe Arata is the one to miss Chihaya and feel lonely.
and as @watanoharaya remarked before, these three cards weren’t placed on some old & recent covers unintentionally: Arata’s card (11), Chihaya’s card (17) and “SE” …My guess is that “Se” will appear a lot in the future or be used in a significant Chiharata moment.

This is very interesting!

This too is worth a read!

MashimaTaichi_ said:
hmmmmm can't decide ..
What do you think?

If by Info you mean translations, hints about the story in the author's tweets for example, or anything that can be different from general "news" about Chihayafuru I prefer that. "Analysis" is very good imo. What's up Chihayafuru can remain a topic for general news, events, release dates etc

Hananofuru said:
Do you think there would be another Taichi vs Chihaya match?

I don't.
what's the point of another match? their relationship is the furthest one in Chihayafuru from karuta, they are close and can meet and communicate through usual friend's means already... I think that's a special Arata/Chihaya thing. Karuta binds them differently from anyone else.

Hananofuru said:
anyone has that one textless?

Notice that the three cards were added when this illustration was chosen as a BeLove cover.

Avish said:
What is that 'databook' mentioned in that chart?

I believe he meant "Comic Book" because those specific scenes are the one included in the Comic Book"

MashimaTaichi_: So much pessimism huh ……….
Avish: About Ara-Chi and our pessimism...

Have you guys seen this before?

This message still exists if you want to look for it, just make an advanced search & specify the message's date. it was posted on Aratafuru too, as the person who posted it said, this was on July 3, 2018 around the time Taichi was playing in the eastern Japan qualifier for the Mejin challenger seat around the release of volume 39 (which means After Chihaya's and Arata's match, After she sent Taichi "se", after Chihaya's worrying behavior towards Arata and the question talks about Chihaya & Arata and the author says" it's not over yet, watch over them".

Also the person who posted this said:
[ uh, and like the person who showed me this said, I hope NOT to show this to Taichi fans (especially the very emotional ones)
I'm afraid they'll cause some drama like one of them did on her Instagram a few weeks ago :(
let's just enjoy the message together and be more hopeful for the future of Arata and Chihayafuru ^_^

And this is a place for Arata fans so I hope I didn't contravene her wish.....
May 10, 2020 8:17 AM
Jun 2014
@watanoharaya san,
Thank you in advance for the poem details. And the 'comic book' means the one you previously mentioned?

Meanwhile, what are your thoughts on the subject of our worries?
AvishMay 10, 2020 8:44 AM
May 10, 2020 11:45 AM

Apr 2020
@Avish yes Chihaya's behavior has been worrying me. She seems emotionless? sometimes. I don't doubt that we'll have some cute chihaya/arata moments frmo sensei to balance the ship but we've mostly got the boys->Chihaya and haven't had much of Chihaya->Arata. I also remembered the tweet sensei wrote about possibly reconstructing the manga, maybe she changed her mind about the endgame ship? to a lot of ppl it would be unfair if "Taichi gets nothing" which sucks cuz Chihaya isn't not a "reward". And we've had powerful Chihaya->Arata moments, even with the Chihayafuru, the hospital confession, the poems, those hints seem to heavy to just drop because of Taichi.

@watanoharaya thank you for the picture. Interesting how the cards were added only in the magazine.

About the tweet I have to agree above that maybe sensei was jus thinking of fans supporting Arata as a character and not as the love interest for Chihaya. But it's up to interpretation. Still, I don't wanna lose hope on Sensei! I hope the Taichihaya moments are just bait to keep the fans still guessing until the end. And yes I hope only Chihaya and Arata get their match.

I love Chiharata but now I'm really worried about Arata's character, he started pretty strong even as just a presence but now his scenes feel kinda empty. Imagine he doesn't end up with Chihaya, but earns the meijin title. To some it'll be fair, but to me it'll just feel kinda of an empty victory because so far the execution hasn't been the best, and we still have the "grandpa's karuta" drama that sensei has to solve. I just hope sensei shows that Arata is still a main character, and not just a side one.
May 10, 2020 10:38 PM
Jun 2014
@Hananofuru san, Those powerful Ara-Chi scenes you mention are all before Taichi incident, which is what I was talking about in my previous post... that their scenes after Taichi incident feel weaker, maybe because we don't hear her thoughts? In the scene you mentioned, her thoughts are what makes those scenes so powerful, don't you think? On the other hand, we have powerful scenes for Tai-Chi with no words, just visuals... like Chihaya imagining Taichi praying at the shrine and Taichi imagining her smiling at him...

About 'Taichi gets nothing'... well, we don't always get what we want... life ain't fair... etc, etc... But seriously, I think he has already got a lot... such a wonderful growth story that overshadowed the other two... And Chihaya... I don't know... I just can't picture her in Taichi household... she'll keep playing Karuta and Taichi? I think he's destined for bigger things... Making him ignore his potential and change his life for Chihaya doesn't feel right... But Arata and Chihaya feel just right. Their mutual passion will always bind them together... both will keep playing Karuta for the rest of their lives and it would be wonderful if they did it as a couple... And I hope they help Shinobu making Karuta professional, so they can earn their living while having loads of fun :) And maybe Taichi will join them whenever he finds time... or not...

Cute, blushing scenes like that recent Kimono scene, we've already had a similar scene at Yoshino Tournament, where Arata complimented her Hakama... those don't satisfy the shipper in me anymore... haha.

Agreed about Tai-Chi match, they already had their magical match... now it's Ara-Chi turn. Their previous rematch was so full of pain. I really felt for Arata... how hurt he must have felt... So I Hope Sensei exceeds our expectations with the new Ara-Chi rematch :)
AvishMay 11, 2020 3:57 AM
May 10, 2020 11:53 PM
Jun 2014
I don't remember where but I remember seeing a couple of beautiful images where Tai-Chi-Ara all three in traditional clothing meet in woods. Chihaya is bowing. Maple leaves are flying around. It does look like Sensei's artwork. Anybody else seen it and knows where is it from?
May 11, 2020 4:26 AM

Jan 2020
Avish said:
And the 'comic book' means the one you previously mentioned?

Yes.

Avish said:
but, I think Sensei is just acknowledging those fans as TeamArata, and not what the person who posted it thinks. I'd be very happy to be wrong though :)

You might be right but I’m inclined to believe her message means more.
Suetsugu is no careless author and if I were her and two fans messaged me one talking about Arata and the other about Chiharata, I would have answered only the 1st if I wanted to just acknowledge TEAMARATA instead of acknowledging the second's message and telling them to wait and see.

Avish said:
Meanwhile, what are your thoughts on the subject of our worries?

I'm not sure my answer ca be any interesting..I feel different from you guys, i'm reading "Suetsugu Yuki's story" nothing more.
In other words:
I'm not expectant of anything, I most probably don't wish for a certain course of the story, i'm just reading it, I like what I like and I hate what I hate.
Taichi's drama is a bit too much but the manga overall is so entertaining, and Suetsugu Yuki's Arata is very interesting, my most favorite element in her creaction, I say this because I don't try to impose my wishes upon how Suetsugu consructs him, I rather receive him the way he is, look at him however he is and wait to see where things are going.
I couldn't recognize Arata in his 1st match against Taichi either because he felt different from what I understood about him before but I was willing to wait patiently to see and with the third match I realized that it was still the same Arata experiencing a new thing and his final conclusion about this experience was very satisfying and IN CHARACTER.

The Arata now doesn't feel alien from his usual self, we are just going a bit deeper in him, the strong unwavering Arata is after all but a mere human being and his issue with his grandfather has more depth.
I am curious and waiting to see this issue for what it is because Arata never allowed me to before, he was always the master of his worries, he controls them and keeps them where he wants, admirable!! and it reminds me of @MashimaTaichi_'s long post.
Again, I'm willing to wait and read Suetsugu's story...because Suetsugu is aware of what she is doing, she is doing it for a purpose and I'm curious... it never disappointed me before and I will see the rest as it comes.

Arata is not the focus, he never was. does that make him look like "not a main character" to some?
it doesn't for me. Arata is that unique main character who is handled the way he is, I can imagine what the author keeps saying about listening to her characters, Arata probably doesn't tell her much because that's Arata. Will he start talking more now that he started to look clearly at his inability to communicate? Maybe, and I will only watch to see.
My point: I don't expect more focus on Arata than usual in what's to come... maybe some other important moments that will remain in the memory but nothing long or detailed like Taichi for example, because Arata was never supposed to be like Taichi.

Chiharata.
Let’s be fair, Chihaya isn’t the only one being cold to the other, Arata is, too, preoccupied with himself, he remembers Chihaya just as little as she him.
As I said, I only watch, but watching sure makes us sometimes form ideas and sceneries, so in my head and after everything I saw until now, Arata & Chihaya are star crossed lovers but they need a bridge/ a magpie/ a kasassagi to be able to communicate; That is Taichi. Maybe that bridge also starts to form from Chihaya's side, so she must be in good terms with it.
whether we like it or not, Chihaya will need to restore her relationship with Taichi 1st to be able to “look” at her true feelings … Taichi is like family and if you think that you destroyed your family, you wouldn’t be able to enjoy your love until that family is back to normal…
Thus, I wouldn't be surprised if we get more Taichi x Chihaya moments until everything between them is back to normal, when that happens I’ll start waiting to see what Suetsugu will write about Chiharata.

I said i will wait for Arata’s issue to be addressed and for me, it might also include resolving his situation with Chihaya, it's a possibility, because he might start to apply that lesson “let go and fight” for her that he was persistently confronted with for some reason; So he surely realized he is far from her but did Arata ever give up on something he wanted even if he is clumsy and awkward, I think he is someone who does something about his issues real fast, So he might be the one to take that role, I have no idea but I am not worried of anything.
(He is late with his grandfather's problem because it seems like he refused to even acknowledge it before.)

Hananofuru said:
Interesting how the cards were added only in the magazine.

That was another illustration by the author, but when it’s chosen to be used as a cover, a message can be added related to the content of the chapter.

Imagine he doesn't end up with Chihaya, but earns the meijin title.

I wouldn't like that either, UNLESS the way he gets the title doesn't leave room to wish for anything else but how can that be?

Avish said:
we have powerful scenes for Tai-Chi with no words, just visuals... like Chihaya imagining Taichi praying at the shrine and Taichi imagining her smiling at him...

You see this any different from how Chihaya and Taichi always were?

Avish said:
I don't remember where but I remember seeing a couple of beautiful images where Tai-Chi-Ara all three in traditional clothing meet in woods. Chihaya is bowing. Maple leaves are flying around. It does look like Sensei's artwork. Anybody else seen it and knows where is it from?

the last page from the Chihayafuru Chuugakusei-hen?
I think that's where I saw it, if i'm right, it's not an official illustration and it's not canon for me.
I say this because in the comic book when the author wanted to talk about the middle school life of the trio, she included scenes from her own manga, and because Taichi didn't have any, she only included a scene where current Taichi mentioned his middle school.
My point: She could have took a scene from that spin-off but she did not (she kinda didn't acknowledge it belonging to the same story she was summarizing.)

May 11, 2020 8:10 AM

Apr 2020
@Avish

Those powerful Ara-Chi scenes you mention are all before Taichi incident, which is what I was talking about in my previous post... that their scenes after Taichi incident feel weaker, maybe because we don't hear her thoughts? In the scene you mentioned, her thoughts are what makes those scenes so powerful, don't you think? On the other hand, we have powerful scenes for Tai-Chi with no words, just visuals... like Chihaya imagining Taichi praying at the shrine and Taichi imagining her smiling at him...

Yes I believe it's because we are not able to hear her thoughts. Another thing is something I remembered reading in one of sensei's interviews about the trio "when one takes action, the other 2 don't know what to do" or smth along those lines. Considering how Arata was the one missing first, Chihaya's thoughts were on him. Now that Taichi is gone, I guess it's his turn to catch Chihaya's track of thoughts.

About 'Taichi gets nothing'... well, we don't always get what we want... life ain't fair... etc, etc... But seriously, I think he has already got a lot... such a wonderful growth story that overshadowed the other two... And Chihaya... I don't know... I just can't picture her in Taichi household... she'll keep playing Karuta and Taichi? I think he's destined for bigger things... Making him ignore his potential and change his life for Chihaya doesn't feel right... But Arata and Chihaya feel just right. Their mutual passion will always bind them together... both will keep playing Karuta for the rest of their lives and it would be wonderful if they did it as a couple... And I hope they help Shinobu making Karuta professional, so they can earn their living while having loads of fun :) And maybe Taichi will join them whenever he finds time... or not...

Unfortunately that's how his fans feel. Personally I think him not being with Chihaya is good ending for him, he discovered why he loved karuta and it's not just about Chihaya. He became the person he wanted to be, he became acknowledged by Arata, now only Chihaya is left. The fact that he got the most focus is enough for his ending imo.

Speaking of future events has it been mentioned if Taichi will study med abroad? or in Tokyo? and yes Chihaya and Arata would play karuta a lot lol. You know I imagined the other day a crazy scenario where Arata moves to Tokyo and Chihaya with him so they can split the rent lmao fun karuta times.

And well Taichi be the Satou-san (I believe that was the name of Master Wataya's rival) for Arata.

Ahhh I really wanna see the Chihaya/Arata rematch! or challenge for the meijin title lol

It's from the middleschool manga, it's the ending of the whole thing. I don't think it's sensei art though.

May 11, 2020 8:20 AM

Apr 2020
@watanoharaya

Suetsugu is no careless author and if I were her and two fans messaged me one talking about Arata and the other about Chiharata, I would have answered only the 1st if I wanted to just acknowledge TEAMARATA instead of acknowledging the second's message and telling them to wait and see.

Well the possibility still exists so I might as well take it lol! I'm glad sensei answers some chiharata/arata fans tweet. Did you guys see that she tweeted a present from a chiharata fan the other day?

I'm not sure my answer ca be any interesting..I feel different from you guys, i'm reading "Suetsugu Yuki's story" nothing more.
In other words:
I'm not expectant of anything, I most probably don't wish for a certain course of the story, i'm just reading it, I like what I like and I hate what I hate.
Taichi's drama is a bit too much but the manga overall is so entertaining, and Suetsugu Yuki's Arata is very interesting, my most favorite element in her creaction, I say this because I don't try to impose my wishes upon how Suetsugu consructs him, I rather receive him the way he is, look at him however he is and wait to see where things are going.

I wish I could see things the way you do! but I guess I'm too biased to look at it that way. Well I shall respect sensei's decision of the love triangle, whatever it is, it's her story after all.

Arata is not the focus, he never was. does that make him look like "not a main character" to some?

To some he is not a main character, I just wish he got as much as panel time as Taichi. Heck Taichi has more than Chihaya, and she is the protagonist.
the last page from the Chihayafuru Chuugakusei-hen?
I think that's where I saw it, if i'm right, it's not an official illustration and it's not canon for me.
I say this because in the comic book when the author wanted to talk about the middle school life of the trio, she included scenes from her own manga, and because Taichi didn't have any, she only included a scene where current Taichi mentioned his middle school.
My point: She could have took a scene from that spin-off but she did not (she kinda didn't acknowledge it belonging to the same story she was summarizing.)

I'm conflicted about the spin off because I like the Arata volume, but there are a lot of contradictions in the spin off with the main story. For example Shinobu is supposed to have no friends prior, but in the spin off she gets some sort of. Also she never met Inokuma when in the spin off she has a match with her when she is younger. Also Taichi and Chihaya meet during middle school which wasn't the case, else Chihaya wouldn't be sad in the beginning of the highschool arc.
HananofuruMay 11, 2020 11:28 AM
May 11, 2020 11:27 AM

Apr 2020
Sorry for the spam but I just thought about something. I don't know if any of you felt off when Misuzawa won 5-0 against Fujioka, I was very thrown off the result. But now I think I know why Chihaya had to win against Arata, I think it's because it shows from early point that Chihaya is able to beat Shinobu. We have been discussing if she'd win against her or not in the queen matches, I think we all can see her winning 2 matches but some see her losing the last match. With her win against Arata it shows that if Chihaya focus then she can be able to beat Shinobu, considering Arata is stronger than her, and if Chihaya "empties herself" she can be very strong, another hint of this was her match against Sudo in the tournament after the meijin/queen matches in S3. I think the foreshadowing exists, and tbh it'd be weird for me to have end the manga with a timeskip and saying "yeah Chihaya lost to Shinobu that one time but she became queen years later".
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» G.A.L.L.E.R.Y ใ‚ท ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MashimaTaichi_ - Aug 1, 2020

221 by iNameless_ »»
Nov 4, 2023 6:48 AM

Poll: » One Mashima Taichi โ˜พ, FANS ๐Ÿ‘ฅ & ARATA ๐Ÿ‘“

MashimaTaichi_ - Apr 24, 2020

34 by iNameless_ »»
Nov 4, 2023 6:44 AM

» ๐–๐ก๐š๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐”๐ฉ, ๐‚๐ก๐ข๐ก๐š๐ฒ๐š๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฎ? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MashimaTaichi_ - Jul 12, 2019

263 by MashimaTaichi_ »»
Jul 27, 2022 10:13 AM

» โ†ณ Data & Analysis โœ

MashimaTaichi_ - May 23, 2020

38 by KiraraChin »»
Jul 18, 2022 11:29 PM

» โ™ก Head-canons โ™ก Fan-Comics โ™ก Fan-fics โ™ก

iNameless_ - Mar 13, 2021

18 by MashimaTaichi_ »»
Jul 17, 2022 2:46 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.