Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 2, 2009 8:36 AM

Jul 2008
were you are from ?
how rich you are ?
how mach you spin monthly on paying anime?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 2, 2009 5:01 PM

Oct 2008
almozayaf said:
were you are from ?
how rich you are ?
how mach you spin monthly on paying anime?

America, not rich actually, I don't spend money buying anime on a monthly basis, but at least I buy it when I can. And I need to ask to make sure, where are you from?
Oct 3, 2009 12:46 PM

May 2009
America.
Not really, I need to find a job.
Depends, I go for months without buying anime, but I make a big purchase sometimes.
Jan 14, 2010 12:58 PM
May 2007
Brazil.
Any rich, I use the money of my parents and have cheap job...
monthly I usually pay nothing for anime, but sometimes, buy some garage kits and mangas when I can, like ~200U$/year for garage kits and ~40U$/month for mangas.
Sorry my bad english :(

Jan 18, 2010 10:22 AM

Jul 2008
my point is what about poor cuntry whin one anime DVD-box worth 2 month salary
Sep 29, 2010 1:45 PM

Jul 2007
^ Then they may have gotten into the wrong hobby, but I come across this point before and I agree with the people who say most of the time people aren't talking about people in those situations.It more about the people with ability to buy, but don't for whatever reason. But, I remember watching a video of Greg Ayres where he said something along the lines of "If you love/ want something, you'll find a way to afford it." No one wants anyone to buy anime they don't like, but if do like it, approve with your money, reward the company for a job well done. Buy what you can, plus anime doesn't have to be expensive. I mean heck I bought a 26 episode series for around 30 bucks.

I personally don't care if someone watches fansubs, I hate it when 1) people have to justify stealing the product as one's right (just admit you just can't afford the anime, or you like sampling series, but don't say it's you god-given right to view it and you are doing something illegal and you are messing with other peoples money, yes they do mind), 2) being a totally dick about it (discouraging others to buy anime because "HEY, YOU CAN WATCH IT ONLINE FOR FREE, YOU NOOB.", it one thing to discourage the purchase of bad anime, but what kind a fan are you if you believe that anime as a whole is worth less than paper)

USA
Money I get as gift thoughout the years are the money to my name I have. Parents make enough for us to live comfortable and to support my crippling anime/manga addiction.
I don't really buy on a monthly bases just when I have the money. Most of my anime and manga are receive for my Birthday and Chirstmas as gifts, and during cons.

Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness bringing torment and pain to others, oh damned soul wallowing in your sin...perhaps it is time to die
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» rightstuf.com

alchemist2113 - Mar 19, 2013

1 by heartpunch »»
Nov 3, 2013 8:01 AM

» Goodbay Club

almozayaf - Oct 15, 2011

0 by almozayaf »»
Oct 15, 2011 12:07 PM

» Where to Legally Watch Anime Online

Thorn_Pilgrim - May 27, 2010

2 by Hypeathon »»
Sep 29, 2010 1:57 PM

» Leading the whole "Save the Anime Industry" by example idea

Hypeathon - May 8, 2009

1 by coolcat »»
Sep 29, 2010 1:49 PM

» Greg Ayres on Fansubs

KaworutheProphet - May 23, 2008

12 by Hypeathon »»
Oct 2, 2009 4:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.