Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 22, 2020 7:11 PM
Jun 2013
duhu1148 said:
What a god damn terrible episode. Is stealing alcohol supposed to be funny? What is this, middle school? In what universe is slapstick still funny?

Looks like someone never watched Superbad and also don't realise humor and what "is funny" is totally subjective kkkkk.

Not even trying to argue about the episode being weak because it was but your rant was even weaker.
Jan 22, 2020 7:51 PM

Dec 2010
Ahh yes more Aqua screaming.
Sora Amamiya is <3
Jan 22, 2020 8:26 PM

Jul 2014
My adorable goddess Aqua is being eaten again by toads XD
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Jan 22, 2020 9:07 PM

Jan 2016
So... the ones from Tate no Yuusha are rather secondary characters here. Eh I'm ok with it xD

Again, Kazuma & co are the spotlight :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Jan 23, 2020 11:46 AM

Nov 2013
lol fuck naofumi, good thing i probably will never touch his anime

Aqua is always a cutie and Kasuma is always fun, but the rest of this episode was lame

winddevil1Jan 23, 2020 11:50 AM
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jan 23, 2020 2:05 PM

Jul 2009
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
duhu1148 said:
What a god damn terrible episode. Is stealing alcohol supposed to be funny? What is this, middle school? In what universe is slapstick still funny?

Looks like someone never watched Superbad and also don't realise humor and what "is funny" is totally subjective kkkkk.

Not even trying to argue about the episode being weak because it was but your rant was even weaker.
Wrong.

I watched Superbad. It was decent.

No shit humor is subjective. Anime is subjective. Does this mean all humor is automatically good, since it's all subjective? Is all anime good since it's all subjective? Is everything above criticism because it is all subjective? I was expressing my opinion, in an episode discussion topic. The delivery was terrible. The humor was terrible. There was no creativity. It was poor slapstick combined with predictability.

Sorry that got your panties in such a twist that you felt the need to quote my post just to say "humor is subjective." No shit sherlock.
BStrifeSword114Jan 23, 2020 2:11 PM
Jan 23, 2020 4:52 PM
Mar 2015
Kazuma and Aqua acted selfishly as always
Jan 23, 2020 7:06 PM
Jun 2017
Love that OP and kazuma and gang sure learn.their lesson to follow SCHOOL RULES. hahaha...
Jan 23, 2020 10:57 PM

Apr 2016
Nice op and ed,much better than in season 1. And liked the episode, I don't understand some people...

Naofumi ignoring Aqua, too bad, this man really dislikes me but the scene was funny (dispite i didn't laughed cause the edgy shield hero)
Jan 24, 2020 2:25 PM

Jul 2009
JonahND said:
duhu1148 said:
What a god damn terrible episode. Is stealing alcohol supposed to be funny? What is this, middle school?

Uh, yes. Yes, this is school. That's kinda the whole point of the show. Watching all these wacky characters do dumb shit in a school setting. Imagine being so dense that you didn't realize the whole premise of Isekai Quartet after the first season.
Oh Jesus. Someone else who needs a basic explanation and some reading comprehension.

No shit it's school. Is it specifically middle school? Where was that ever stated? What makes you think a school with two 15-18 year old teenagers + a reincarnated 20-30 year loli + a 20-30 year old skeleton is in middle school? How many of the students in this school in total are even of middle school age? Zero? There may be more adults in that school than teenagers.

However that's not what I meant anyway. I meant that the humor strikes me as something a middle schooler would find funny. Hence the stealing acohol comment before it. Stealing alcohol + some slapstick isn't particular funny or creative...but that doesn't bother a younger audience as much. It is something I've seen done hundreds of times over already. Thus, the criticism.

Well, I guess that's not all of it either. The "middle school" comment was also meant to be slightly sarcastic and sardonic.

Either way, I do not know how you so easily glazed over the "middle" part of that statement. Nor do I know how you could possibly think I (or anyone else) didn't know they are in a school.
BStrifeSword114Jan 24, 2020 2:33 PM
Jan 24, 2020 3:14 PM

Feb 2016
A good 2nd episode. OP/ED are both alright. Not as catchy as S1 though.
Jan 25, 2020 9:53 AM

Jun 2019
Aqua be like:
This your first time get swallowed by a toad?

LOL
Jan 25, 2020 2:46 PM

Jul 2016
I really like Youjo Senki but yeah, its secondary characters are quite plain, not gonna lie.

Average episode overall. The comedy was mediocre and the conclusion was predictable as hell.

On the other hand, I'm glad they kept the 16bits format for the ED but sadly, it's not even as catchy as the one from first season. It was actually quite weak if you ask me.
SouthRzVaJan 25, 2020 2:49 PM
Jan 25, 2020 6:48 PM
Jan 2020
Without any plot, tension, or character development the novelty of this is wearing out fast. All it has is comedy element and like last season it looks like it'll be relying heavily on Konosuba to carry it.
Jan 26, 2020 3:34 AM

Feb 2018
I know according to the manga, all of Aqua's attacks are water based, and the weak toads are immune to water. I guess the army guys are water-based attacks too. I liked Demiurge arguing with the teacher. And Yunyun alone in back row.
Jan 26, 2020 9:07 AM
Oct 2017
Tanya got kicked out of the ED
Jan 26, 2020 12:58 PM

May 2019
The lots of screentime to that cannon fodder characters from Tanya anime is absolutely incomprehensible.

Not to mention that the YS characters are overnumbered in the school.

The author of this show made it clear wich of the Kadokawa isekais was his favourite.
Jan 27, 2020 6:02 AM

Sep 2019
What a kicker of an OP (Yun-Yun being in the cinema with all of her class. :) )

As for the episode... I can get it. I mean, if I were to hang out with a Devil loli, monsters galore, and God forbid; Aqua... I'd need all the liquor I could get my hands on.
Oh... right... probably Darkness as well... but she's forgettable probably to her pleasure . Again, Aqua proves that if you're going to be in a party with her, at least learn one... nay... SEVERAL unholy/dark magic spells.

I'd say Kazuma did the best thing.
You know what? Seeing Aqua being chased around and eat is like a refreshing drink itself.

The only downside to this ep was that there was a lack of best girl Megumin.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Jan 28, 2020 2:11 AM

Feb 2018
StormShaun said:
What a kicker of an OP (Yun-Yun being in the cinema with all of her class. :) )

The only downside to this ep was that there was a lack of best girl Megumin.

Amen brother. Megumin is the star.
Jan 28, 2020 4:44 AM

May 2018
Curse you Ram you should stop existing
Feb 2, 2020 7:12 AM

Sep 2014
well here goes my hope for this world. No booze. This is a special hell.

I will never get enough of crying Aqua. This really makes me realize how much I crave more Konosuba.
Comander-07Feb 2, 2020 7:23 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 4, 2020 1:18 PM
Feb 2018
Why can they not say wine or alcohol
Feb 8, 2020 2:46 AM

Aug 2016
Vysarine said:
Naofumi isn't in the OP as much as I thought, though I guess he wouldn't want to be in the spotlight anyway. And the show is still called Isekai Quartet so it looks like the focus is gonna stay on the original 4 MCs

lol Kazuma bailing on Aqua with Stealth. Always fun when you can turn invisible and drop all aggro

Honestly, who expected different from Kazuma, we all would do the same. I am actually surprised he didn't push her onto the frog.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2020 6:15 PM

Aug 2017
I like the part where Kazuma left Aqua to her fate hahahahahaha
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 12, 2020 1:45 PM

Mar 2010
Hmm something was missing, was decent.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 24, 2020 9:23 AM

Aug 2018
Great Episode
8/10
Apr 5, 2020 7:40 AM

Nov 2008
Hold up, when did Kazuma get used to alcohol? I thought underage drinking, even implied, was taboo in anime.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Jun 6, 2020 3:43 PM

Oct 2012
Would be great episode if they actually drank the wine in the end. This way it felt kinda underwhelming.
Oct 3, 2020 12:16 AM
Absolute Zenith

Mar 2016
OP is really great, it's more energetic than the first one. The ED now has the secondary heroine from each series (not you Taate no Yuusha) singing the ED. It's nice, though not as awesome as the first ED with how epic and energetic (again) it sounds.

This ep shows the quest a group of drunkards undertook to get that sweet red liquid, through hardship, they managed to be successful, at least for Kazuma, but int the end, they get busted by Ram, dammit. I thought that it'll end with Kazuma drinking it by himself then only to realize that the wine has been purified into the water by Aqua. That would've been the more hilarious outcome. Seems like other people have the same thought as me

Jan 22, 2021 2:05 AM

Jun 2019
Poor Aqua. She's always being bullied.
Feb 7, 2022 11:00 AM

Apr 2013
Yep, that's a useless goddess for you. That end card though... I wished the show would always look like that :>
Dec 5, 2023 7:30 PM
Jul 2018
Those hats I love 'em
Oct 3, 10:29 PM

May 2015
This new world may be more light hearted than their original one but it's definitely more strict. The appeal of the red stuff isn't worth being eaten by a giant frog!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

99 by Magicmist »»
Oct 11, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

77 by Magicmist »»
Oct 11, 2:04 AM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

59 by Magicmist »»
Oct 10, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2020

39 by Magicmist »»
Oct 10, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2020

53 by Magicmist »»
Oct 10, 1:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.