Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 5, 2016 4:11 PM
Sep 2016
Is there a confirmed release date? I've been tracking google for a while, but I haven't found anything.
Dec 10, 2016 8:28 PM

Jan 2016
Madoka_mi said:
Is there a confirmed release date? I've been tracking google for a while, but I haven't found anything.

What do you mean? It's out on blu ray in Japan, and subbed torrents are easily found. If you mean the new project that this was a proof of concept for, there has been no news, and considering all the projects SHAFT is working on, I don't expect it to come out until 2018 or later.
Oct 17, 2019 6:20 AM

Jan 2019
The Concept Movie is a trailer for a mysterious Madoka Magica sequel that surely will happen, sooner or later.

The studio president said in March that this sequel was in pre-production, using the word "sequel" to make it clear that he was not talking about Magic Record or any other possible spin-off, but a sequel to the main story. After that, in June, Madoka Magica staff went to Anime Expo 2019 to promote Magia Record, but they also talked about the main series, reiterating that it is not over yet.

So the sequel is coming. It may take time, but it will definitely happen.

Sources:

SHAFT President Mitsutoshi Kubota Hints at New ‘Madoka Magica’ Sequel Series: https://www.otaquest.com/new-madoka-sequel-series-hinted/

Madoka Magica Staff Promises the Series "Has Not Ended Yet": https://comicbook.com/anime/2019/07/06/madoka-magica-series-not-over-anime-expo/
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica: Concept Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JUMP-Senshi - Dec 7, 2015

83 by Biisoo »»
Apr 17, 11:28 AM

» Madoka Magica Concept Movie Trailer

Cappuchino - Oct 28, 2016

15 by NatalieGoodman »»
May 16, 2021 6:44 PM

» Is this a hint at what's coming in the new Walpurgis no Kaiten movie?

MakkuroKemuri - Apr 26, 2021

2 by MakkuroKemuri »»
Apr 26, 2021 6:47 AM

» Why MAL not include it as one of upcoimg anime

akemikou - Dec 2, 2016

0 by akemikou »»
Dec 2, 2016 1:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.