Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2019 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, feelings running high this episode. After Taichi gets new weapons, he also gets an unwelcoming sight of revenge from Kasim.

Honestly, the fight was really predictable. Kasim wasn't going down without a fight but it's clear as hell that Taichi would be the victor of this.
Sep 11, 2019 7:30 AM

Aug 2013
Taichi got himself a katana.

And the war continues.

Sep 11, 2019 8:03 AM
Oct 2018
Have the power to topple an entire country but prefer to be retarded during that fight vs casim
Shit>>>cheat
Sep 11, 2019 8:06 AM
Feb 2009
gg katana over a longsword
Sep 11, 2019 8:49 AM

Mar 2019
realized I totally forgot the last ep but this didn't penalize me at all
Sep 11, 2019 10:06 AM

Aug 2018
A great amazingly boring and non-interesting duel to announce an incoming very sleepy battle I guess

Isekai Boring Magician
Sep 11, 2019 10:17 AM
Jun 2017
😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴
Ohh wait there is a duel... (finished quickly)...
😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴
Sep 11, 2019 10:41 AM

Jan 2013
Taichi prefers boys > girls. Give him a boy and he wont barf.
Sep 11, 2019 11:18 AM

Dec 2016
Vooo said:
Taichi prefers boys > girls. Give him a boy and he wont barf.

nope, he needs to end up with Sumella .... later I don't care he can be with whoever he wants.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.186/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 11, 2019 12:04 PM

Jul 2017
lot of wars going on in this series, fight wasn't too bad except when it turned into a brawl and the camera just panned up the whole time
Sep 11, 2019 12:17 PM

Nov 2013
oh come on, that first scene could have been so nice, why would they make him barf? lmao

the 2 girls being cute as always

humm i wonder if Taichi should really trust people like that "oh this item will supress your power" , there's no way that could go wrong right? :v
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Sep 11, 2019 12:19 PM

Feb 2015
This has to be the most boring isseki ever made. Even the duels are bland. I can't wait till this is over.
Sep 11, 2019 12:45 PM

Jul 2017
Cassim: Taichi, you stopped me from killing innocent lives so it’s only fair that I seek revenge. I’m going to kill you!

Also Cassim: Thanks for the duel. Hey, now that we see eye to eye, your my rival now.

Only in Isekai can the enemy do a 180 after threatening to kill you, to becoming friends with the MC.

This has happened 3 times now...

Cassim’s character change makes no sense. Why he’s jealous of the MC? You killed people and he came there to stop you. Why the hell is Cassim talking about hard work when he was using a crimson pact? A pact that uses the lives of others to increase ones strength. How is this hard work? πŸ˜‚

Taichi’s dumbass is no better. He's talking like he did some hard work when all he did was two weeks of training. He outclasses experienced fighters with a decade of training because OP Isekai MC ftw!

Taichi agreeing to use Cassim’s magic item to lower his magic power for a fair fight is peak autism. Here’s a better idea, just don’t use magic!

Why does no one in town react to seeing Cassim? He’s a criminal who killed innocents. Why does Taichi let Cassim go instead of restraining him?

This anime is the epitome of poorly written, generic garbage. In fact that applies to all Isekai this season.
FlexstyleSep 11, 2019 3:17 PM
Sep 11, 2019 1:08 PM

Jan 2016
This is a new level of stupid. Cassim downright is ready to poison the whole town because of revenge that doesn't have any base, but at the end he and Taichi are rivals?

Also, what was the point of that fight? It just showed even more that Taichi hasn't put in any hard work other than that second episode. He literally just learned how to "picture his magic" on the fucking spot. WHERE IS THE HARD WORK IN THAT? Doesn't that just prove Cassims point?

The beginning was so bad, I want to barf? Is that supposed to be funny? The katana is from a remote island towards the east? Go figure

I normally don't get irritated this much because in most works, I can actually see the appeal in it and why some people might enjoy it, but this is just beyond me.
Sep 11, 2019 2:03 PM

Mar 2018
Yeah wtf xd
Such random 'rival' kind of event..

I think they are supposed to get like more Connection witb the mc but.. it doesnt add up
K1ngOfSlothSep 11, 2019 3:09 PM

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 11, 2019 3:49 PM

Dec 2016
"oh hey, I'm a villain and all, so here's a potion that will make you weaker so that I become able to defeat you"

MC : Proceeds to drinking the potion
Sep 11, 2019 5:23 PM

Jul 2017
The opening scene was just...trying to barf at the sight of someone isn't funny, if they tried to make it funny.

Huh, Taichi got a boost by having a katana.

It's just stupidly bad that even Cassim and Taichi butt heads, saying such ambitions such as "Let's poison EVERY potion in the castle" for revenge towards each other, and "spending more time to work"? More like cheating behind each other's backs.

The whole point of the battle is just for show, a mere battle of words. There's no worse here, everything's totally shit. In the end, it's NOT HARD WORK that triumphs but tools and rivalry. Well since you're cheating then might as well.

Deep in our hearts, we kinda wished this was Episode 11 to end this farce, but NOPE, it's still Episode 10...please kill this soon.
Sep 11, 2019 7:50 PM
Jan 2009
Gotta love random strangers standing like bumps on a log watching a private conversation, then not even reacting when the dude threatens to poison every well in the city because apparently animating the handful of people in the crowd is just too hard for this anime.

The duel is idiotic. Items that steal even super-mages' magical power in the blink of an eye but are apparently never used except duels? A mage vs mage battle that is 90% sword-fighting and hand to hand? Defeat a murderous (almost mass-murderous) criminal, then let him go because...reasons?
amf85Sep 11, 2019 8:05 PM
Sep 11, 2019 7:54 PM

Oct 2015
I guess Cassim and Taichi are healthy rivals now, form enemies to rivals, wow real nice!

I liked their new weapons though, especially Rin's staff.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 11, 2019 10:01 PM
Jan 2019
Cassim became good, I thought it was cliche and at the same time not, hahaha. Well, at least Taichi got possible allies.
The way Rin woke Taichi, I think I got a little excited about that xD. It was time for Rin to change his scepter, that looks cooler, and he didn't expect a katana in that world.
In short, war resumes. Poor illusers of the opposite side πŸ˜….
Sep 12, 2019 4:50 AM

Nov 2013
At this point why the show still treating us to think Taichi will struggle to beat those damn teamrocket member.

Also basically pretty much nothing happening in this episode aside from opening the last harem of the series.
DannyTheDonkeySep 12, 2019 4:59 AM
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Sep 13, 2019 7:27 AM
Aug 2016
I came here to laugh at this show, I was not disappointed lol
Sep 13, 2019 8:23 AM
Dec 2016
Garbage... That duel is fucking retard and autist.
Sep 13, 2019 8:56 PM

Oct 2008
oh yes possible allies!
3/5.

Sep 13, 2019 10:29 PM

Nov 2008
I'm all for enemies becoming rivals and stuff like that, but Taichi forgets the reason he took Cassim's arm in the first place was because he threatened to have his good friends repeatedly raped. This episode somehow flashes back to that scene and yet ignores the situation.

I don't mind if the series is "bland, but serviceable", but characterization seems to be really flighty in this show.
Sep 14, 2019 5:40 AM

Aug 2012
Good episode although the classic errors can be found all over the place:
1.lack of shields or helmets. yes I know they have magic but objects can be enchanted
2. european blacksmits could not figure out katanas... uhm no, they renounced at the practice over 400 years before when better steel became available
3. katanas are thinner than longswords... quite the opposite, a katana is a very thick bulky and heavy sword
4. katanas are great sword... they are pretty bad actually. Considering their blade length should be used with one hand but they need two hands to be used decreasing reach and movement. The level of curvature makes them bad swords to stab and not so great swords for cutting, the almost non existing guard and their blade brittleness makes it hard to use it for blocking (no, you cannot block with a katana. it will break or at least bend) and the list goes on

That being said was a good episode overall and I liked the idea of defeating the enemy without killing them
Sep 14, 2019 8:32 AM

Oct 2017
Hmm totally agree with Taichi there, Katana is a man's dream.
Sep 14, 2019 9:43 AM

Apr 2018
Seems that kassim is now a friend after that fight
Sep 20, 2019 12:18 AM

Mar 2014
Yeah they're rivals now, just forget that he threatened to poison the town's water supply if you didn't duel and use a dangerous magic item on yourself...
Sep 24, 2019 3:16 PM

Jan 2016
OG_Guts said:

Taichi agreeing to use Cassim’s magic item to lower his magic power for a fair fight is peak autism. Here’s a better idea, just don’t use magic!

Why does no one in town react to seeing Cassim? He’s a criminal who killed innocents. Why does Taichi let Cassim go instead of restraining him?

This anime is the epitome of poorly written, generic garbage. In fact that applies to all Isekai this season.

Vysarine said:
Yeah they're rivals now, just forget that he threatened to poison the town's water supply if you didn't duel and use a dangerous magic item on yourself...

All of this ^^^

Taichi is a fucking moron. Who the fuck cares about having a fair fight? Just kill your enemy. Literally trying to kill him and poison the town and he's just like

"Fair is fair hur dur I'm a good person"

Taichi needs to grow the fuck up and stop acting like a child pretending to be a good person.
Sep 24, 2019 11:01 PM

Jul 2014
All the stuff with Cassim was so stupid... How the fuck did they end up on such friendly terms!!!

And of course now we also have the almighty katana xD
Sep 26, 2019 7:05 AM
Oct 2016
πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2019 11:33 AM

Jun 2017
Worst episode ever...
Oct 2, 2019 8:25 AM
Oct 2017
Lamest duel ever... to be expected from this craptastic series.
Oct 20, 2019 4:01 PM
Nov 2018
"My daughter has said she would like to reward you for it."

So you didn't come up with that idea, king? To reward the immensely powerful magicians who saved your life and city, and who could level the city when growing stronger in the future? That's some good kinging there.

And then they bring in "the royal family's collection" on rolling trays, straight from the dentist's office. And even though these are "splendid items" there is no explanation for them. Where they come from, what magic power they have, what they are named.

These splendid items include a freakin' mace with spikes, looking like the most primitive type of mace, and an axe.

NEXT SCENE: They are standing at the arena again, where Sumella declares, "I have been waiting for you, Taichi!"

But even though he is already standing in the arena he exlaims "General Sumella!" - surprised to see her. Then why did he come there at all?

NEXT SCENE: Cassim declares that he has men standing by to poison every well in the city. This is never mentioned again. When Taichi wins the duel, he doesn't demand that the men be pulled back.

None of the bystanders rush to tell the guards that the wells are about to be poisoned. None of them come to arrest Cassim for this.

Cassim clearly goes to the duel alone. Taichi could have killed him right then, since he wasn't going to ask about the poisoned wells anyway. If any of Cassim's henchmen would bother to show up and ask, he could say that yes, he took the power-nerfing potion. No one can prove he didn't.

And after that horrible threat, Taichi smiles at Cassim. Oh, and after having been temporarily nerfed by a potion that turned out to contain a horrible demonic presence that could have killed him.
Feb 1, 2020 1:22 PM

Jul 2015
Taichi is a huge fool for using a suspicious item from a guy who wants to kill him... at least he was smart enough to choose the cool katana

Apr 17, 2020 4:30 AM

Feb 2018
Katana is sword and Samurai is jobs, I dont think so...
Sep 27, 2020 4:09 AM
Aug 2020
Taichi got himself a katana.

Pretty normal episode nothing special.
Feb 4, 2021 10:16 PM
Feb 2021
Otorez said:
A great amazingly boring and non-interesting duel to announce an incoming very sleepy battle I guess

Isekai Boring Magician

Lol, an excellent summary.
Feb 4, 2021 10:20 PM
Feb 2021
Hegar said:
"My daughter has said she would like to reward you for it."

So you didn't come up with that idea, king? To reward the immensely powerful magicians who saved your life and city, and who could level the city when growing stronger in the future? That's some good kinging there.

And then they bring in "the royal family's collection" on rolling trays, straight from the dentist's office. And even though these are "splendid items" there is no explanation for them. Where they come from, what magic power they have, what they are named.

These splendid items include a freakin' mace with spikes, looking like the most primitive type of mace, and an axe.

NEXT SCENE: They are standing at the arena again, where Sumella declares, "I have been waiting for you, Taichi!"

But even though he is already standing in the arena he exlaims "General Sumella!" - surprised to see her. Then why did he come there at all?

NEXT SCENE: Cassim declares that he has men standing by to poison every well in the city. This is never mentioned again. When Taichi wins the duel, he doesn't demand that the men be pulled back.

None of the bystanders rush to tell the guards that the wells are about to be poisoned. None of them come to arrest Cassim for this.

Cassim clearly goes to the duel alone. Taichi could have killed him right then, since he wasn't going to ask about the poisoned wells anyway. If any of Cassim's henchmen would bother to show up and ask, he could say that yes, he took the power-nerfing potion. No one can prove he didn't.

And after that horrible threat, Taichi smiles at Cassim. Oh, and after having been temporarily nerfed by a potion that turned out to contain a horrible demonic presence that could have killed him.

The writing is non-sensical all throughout season. Lines are dropped and characters never follow up on scenes and plotlines. Goody two shoes wanting to save the enemies who threaten to kill him and the whole city. G-rated tone yet random murders and death happen. It's bizarre. Like pick a tone and stick with it for more than 5 minutes.

Wants to be wholesome, but talks about losing virginity and sleeping together. General grinding on his groin causing him to barf. I don't think this show knows who it's trying to appeal to. It seems to be written to appeal to kids yet the subject matter is for adults.
dragula88Feb 4, 2021 10:26 PM
Jan 28, 4:09 PM
Dec 2014
Another awful episode πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

100 by Talamare »»
Aug 24, 8:42 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

67 by Tyujg »»
Apr 2, 3:45 AM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

221 by Tyujg »»
Apr 2, 3:36 AM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

67 by Forum »»
Jan 28, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Isekai Cheat Magician Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

32 by Seabury »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.