Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 13, 2017 6:40 AM

Dec 2015
An humorist / comedian / films director called Phillipe Lacheau (Babysitting, Babysitting 2) announced a few hours ago on his Instagram account that his next movie would be a "Nicky Larson" adaptation (the french censored version of City Hunter's anime adaptation).

English translation (approximative, sorry):
Friends, I am very proud to announce you my next movie ! (with my pals of course) An immense joy to adapt and direct for the theater the cartoon of my childhood Nicky Larson ! It's a kid's dream who become true. We are going to do everything to not disappoint all the Club Dorothée generation who have known Nicky Larson and to make the other generations discover this uncommon/unusual detective, both funny and brilliant. We are in the middle of writing, shooting next year.

The website "AlloCiné" reported a few words from him:
"The intrigue will not take place in Japan neither in Asia, the manga creators having retained the license rights in case they would like to produce their own adaptation in the coming years."
He wants "to stay the most faithful possible to the manga" to not disappoint the fans like he was about Dragon Ball Evolution. He also admitted that "some elements will be difficult to transpose, like the emblematic hammer hits".
Dec 25, 2018 8:06 AM

Dec 2015
New trailer: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt6tLqRYqJY

It will feature several references to the "humorous" french adapted dialogues of the animation.

@Yzeelb Maybe, but probably less than the various children TV programs references (a show animator that once broadcasted anime and the french voice actor of Ryô guest-starring, a few sec. character named Ranma, etc).

(Ich bin französich und habe es in Kino verpasst aber ein Deutsch hat es schon gesehen...
Ich hätte nie gedacht, dass es zu euch kommen würde.)
Rei_IIIJul 4, 2019 11:13 PM
Jul 4, 2019 3:59 PM

Oct 2013
Rei366 said:
He wants "to stay the most faithful possible to the manga" to not disappoint the fans like he was about Dragon Ball Evolution. He also admitted that "some elements will be difficult to transpose, like the emblematic hammer hits".

Yeah the hammer hits looked a bit out of place. Luckily there were only a few of them. Beside that I found that the movie did a nice job staying faithful to the spirit of the manga. Really enjoyed this movie and was positively surprised after the last bad French comic book adaptations.

More topics from this board

» Regarding City Hunter manga

indrasura - Sep 6, 2015

10 by ProGoddess »»
Oct 14, 7:23 AM

Poll: » City Hunter Chapter 4 Discussion

Dodecahedron-O24 - Feb 14, 2017

3 by Damnits »»
Jun 28, 4:04 PM

Poll: » City Hunter Chapter 3 Discussion

Dodecahedron-O24 - Feb 14, 2017

2 by Damnits »»
Jun 28, 1:55 PM

Poll: » City Hunter Chapter 191 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Feb 17, 2022

1 by MibuKyou »»
Feb 24, 2023 3:38 PM

Poll: » City Hunter Chapter 56 Discussion

removed-user - Jul 24, 2022

0 by removed-user »»
Jul 24, 2022 7:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.