Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 24, 2019 2:57 PM

Aug 2017
I know I'm not the only one who should be wondering, but doesn't this plot looks a bit too much like SAO, even more to SAO Alicization (extreme realism, secret about this VRMMO and stuff)?
"As human beings, we all mature physically from childhood to adolescence and then into adulthood, but our emotions lag behind." - Bernard Sumner
Jan 25, 2019 12:45 AM

Nov 2016
TheMinester said:
I know I'm not the only one who should be wondering, but doesn't this plot looks a bit too much like SAO, even more to SAO Alicization (extreme realism, secret about this VRMMO and stuff)?

The summary might sound like SAO but the actual story and general vibe is closer to .hack or Log Horizon minus "can't log out" part.

The game's world and npc is so life-like that MC felt that it's actually real but at the same time aware that it's still a game, there's also players who just treat it as a normal game and behave like what you'd expect from MMO gamers (from roleplayers to hardcore no lifer).
Jun 19, 2019 9:50 AM
Sep 2016
Yeah it's really similar to SAO alicization the biggest difference is that Infinite Dendrogram is actually good especialy the world building, but it still suffer from the same type of unbeatable MC (still better than Kirito tho).
Jul 1, 2019 11:16 PM
Jul 2019
Oriotiar said:
Yeah it's really similar to SAO alicization the biggest difference is that Infinite Dendrogram is actually good especialy the world building, but it still suffer from the same type of unbeatable MC (still better than Kirito tho).
its not neccessarily the same however its fundamentally similar like with the AIs. Not to mention him being a beginner and many OP characters are popping up in the story. Even the debuts of the two works have little gap being both on the same website same genre and identical premise but both are cool in their ways its amazing
Oct 19, 2019 1:18 PM

Feb 2013
Oriotiar said:

Except that SAO is really good, even more with Alicization arc. The only bad thing of SAO is Fairy Danc, the rest are either meh or really good. Depends on the arc.

And it's not similar to Alicization as Underworld isn't a game, it's a simulation, and the fluctlights aren't NPC but actual AI.
Oct 19, 2019 1:20 PM

Feb 2013
RayStarling2403 said:
Oriotiar said:
its not neccessarily the same however its fundamentally similar like with the AIs. Not to mention him being a beginner and many OP characters are popping up in the story. Even the debuts of the two works have little gap being both on the same website same genre and identical premise but both are cool in their ways its amazing

SAO debuted as a web novel in 2002, Infinite Dendrogram debuted as a web novel in 2015. There's 13 years of difference between each of their debuts.
Oct 19, 2019 3:25 PM
May 2016
TheMinester said:
I honestly thought the same thing when I read the first part of description of the anime, their both based from light novels too
Oct 26, 2019 5:33 AM

Jun 2019
So at next season there will be a carbon copy SAO?
Okay thanks for the info.
Jan 3, 2020 1:24 PM
Sep 2019
No it's not.
The game is actually a game, not a death game or trapped in a game that you can't logout

well, it's more like JoJo, but with a cute stand
Jan 3, 2020 3:37 PM

Apr 2012
The stupidity of some people often just baffles me.
Do you actually watch anime, or do you fall asleep for 20 minutes during an episode and afterwards read an one sentence synopsis?

Saying <insert random anime which has a mmo as basis> is equal to SaO, is the equivalent of saying that:
Code Geass is like any of the Gundam series. Yeah they have both mechs in them.
Or Berserk to Hellsing, they both have demons in them.

An orange is like a pear, they are both fruits.
Jan 3, 2020 4:32 PM

Jun 2012
Now every VRMMO that is announced is like SAO? There's always a thread like this...
You'll have to watch it, cause the synopsis doesn't explain shit and sounds boring and I never read the manga.
Jan 9, 2020 9:53 AM

Apr 2012
Having just watched the first episode, I would NOT compare this to SAO.

Because unlike the games in SAO, Infinite Dendrogram feels like a game that people would ACTUALLY play. The set up for the game mechanics are interesting, and even with apparently AI level NPCs, they still feel like they are in fact NPCs.
Jan 9, 2020 10:00 AM

Jun 2017
Well, if it makes anyone feel better, the author of infinite dendrogram did state that he was a fan of sao and reading the ln in college actually inspired him to write the wn. But yeah, this is definitely a better version sao ngl
Jan 9, 2020 10:17 AM
Apr 2016
No need to insult Sword Art Online, thank you.
Re:formed
Jan 9, 2020 10:22 AM
Feb 2014
Jesus Christ people. Can we stop comparing literally every Isekai or VRMMO series to SAO? This shit is getting so over done and tiring.
Jan 9, 2020 10:30 AM
Aug 2015
Sorry but the intro with MC logging in was exact SAO clone aside from Kirito flashing a smile that made him about 10 times cooler. Truth be told this 1st episode just proved to me how good SAO S1 really was compared to all these dime a dozen clones.
Jan 9, 2020 12:01 PM
Aug 2018
Um it tries to be like SAO. But it's just another trash like hack sign and log horizon.
Feb 20, 2020 5:33 AM

Mar 2009
immortaluchiha said:
Um it tries to be like SAO. But it's just another trash like hack sign and log horizon.

SAO is the one that is trash it copies the idea from .hack but added a you die twist made the character boring and messed up in the head to the point they treat an AI like their own kid because why not.
Feb 20, 2020 6:01 AM

Jun 2012
Oh yeah it's SAO prototype 2. Did you not know that Log Horizon and .Hack are SAO too?
Mar 17, 2020 9:19 AM
Jan 2014
SAO was a shit anime.

.hack//SIGN is the real original and best stuck in an MMORPG anime.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

33 by amf85 »»
Oct 23, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2020

90 by INKYLORE »»
Sep 21, 8:23 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2020

172 by INKYLORE »»
Sep 21, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

79 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Sep 7, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

38 by james_lima »»
Aug 31, 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.