Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 10, 2017 12:23 PM
Mar 2012
This show of a reality show of the boonies.
you're not normal!
late bloomer!
And Sandal lol
Riri initially hid behind the dragon mask, but seems to handle the filming ok.
Jul 22, 2017 3:47 PM

Oct 2012
Can this show be any more self-aware than this, I wonder? They really hit the spot with saying that Yoshino is pretty normal and average as the rest of the crew.
This show is too, in fact.

It was kinda hard to follow this episode in the beginning because of changed perspective ("we are filming you filming") but it was an interesting change for sure and the board meeting drama scene was really nicely done.

But personally, I can't shake the feeling they are doing it just for single spike of visitors with town probably being forgotten again after the event is over (like with many olympics' stadiums all around the world for example) but I guess it brings them at least some sort of attention when they are in tv.

Still wonder what purpose that old theme park of theirs serves as all the time we have only seen its front door, nothing more.

And if I have to bet - their trying to keep the Yoshino's story about being 100000 visitor secret would get leaked to tv show too.
Jul 24, 2017 7:09 AM

Feb 2015
The director doesn't look satisfied with the final product of their episode. It did had a conflict of schedule moments back between the band's concert and the trivia quiz, and most visitors were more interested about the concert. That conflict really blew their opportunity with all the intent in introducing Manoyama and the town be known. The director clearly is passionate about this being also from Manoyama himself.
Aug 25, 2017 10:09 AM

Jun 2016
Waaaaah. I hope this event will be successful that they'll finally raise visitors/tourists at Manoyama. ;-;

Ganbatte kudasai, minna!

Such a good episode, chupa. I'm honestly anxious for the next episode, kabura.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 1, 2017 3:17 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that ending! Lovely development if you ask me.
Nov 19, 2017 5:05 AM

Apr 2011
That Amamiya guy sure is passionate. I bursted laughing when Shiori wore that sharp looking glasses. Thought I have a bad feeling about the concert. It does bring a lot of people, but after that, it'll be the same again.
MagitoNov 19, 2017 5:24 AM
Dec 20, 2017 12:08 AM

Aug 2012
-the legendary dragon fox sits in on a festival planning meeting
-oh it was riri the whole time, who woulda guessed
- ~ ~ ~ d r e a m s c o m e t r u e ~ ~ ~
-this actually seems like a summary episode now that one character arc has been done for everyone except for yoshino
-i fuckin love ririko's line delivery
-erika is fuckin great
-i totally forgot no one else knew about the 100k visitor thing
-i fuckin love ririko's line delivery x2
-i dunno i'm getting the opposite impression of the amamiya dude with that outburst
-i totally expected them to cancel the ptolemaios show sometime before the show ended, but it ended up not happening

Throughout the whole episode there was a whole sort of aura that made it seem like things would go incredibly south at some point, but interestingly enough none of that stuff ended up happening. As for the actual content of this episode, it's like right in the middle of the season and I guess PA Works thought it was appropriate to do like a summary-type episode. I personally don't like summary episodes but I guess this episode gets a pass because of how it was framed as the setup for the big festival. The little comedy bits courtesy of Ririko and Erika in the middle definitely helped a bit, as well as Alexandre's whole mysterious and foreign aura. However as a result of the framing process, and the first couple of scenes where the main 5 were being filmed in a meeting, any scene in which the camera was rolling felt pretty insincere, or even manipulated into being something it wouldn't have been naturally. So like, the first scene where grandma Oribe was on camera was pretty much confirmed to be played up for viewership (from the way she spoke to the camerapeople). Grandma Oribe's whole baiting the Tourism Bureau into an unfavorable situation and saving them in like the last second at the town hall meeting or whatever it's called also felt played up for views, and I was really surprised when there was like no confirmation from anyone whether or not that scene got played up for viewers. The entire town hall thing just had that type of feel to it. What was even more confusing was how the final scene of the people pretty much confirms how this whole thing wasn't just a stunt for viewer ratings. The entire episode just feels kinda surreal because of that. I'm not sure exactly how I feel about this, but there's still the next episode that might clarify why things felt a little off in this one.
Mar 22, 2018 6:05 PM

Sep 2011
Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the festival will fail, or at least to some degree :S Most of the people will only come to the concert... that wasn't the greatest idea. Well, I hope that they won't have to lose money or anything because of that.
May 15, 2019 9:58 PM

Jan 2011
Nice Field of Dreams reference. Got a feeling things aren't gonna go so smoothly though.
Apr 27, 2020 11:10 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Something is coming, I’m sure. Got that feeling from those last few moments with the immense crowd gathering up but the next episode preview confirmed it. Yikes, this’ll prove to be some challenge for the 5 “gals” I imagine.

Director-san showing some hardcore enthusiasm was a surprise but a welcome one. Good thing Chitose-bacchan and the other parties didn’t put up too much guard too. Good job Kumano-san for turning the tides around.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 16, 2020 1:41 PM

May 2016
I hope the town can take a breath after this.
Mar 28, 2021 10:13 AM

Feb 2020
Nice. The town is blooming right now. Good job, girls!
May 12, 2022 6:53 AM

Jul 2014
I'm not sure this show truly intended this episode to be as self-aware as it ended up being, nor does it realise that it's not exactly a good thing.
Nov 18, 2023 8:44 PM

Oct 2022
That moment were they knew she was the 100,000th visitor and queen... that was the most fulfilling scene this episode.
Sep 28, 5:41 PM

Sep 2020
Yoshino's speech was okay. But she could use it during any meeting ever, so it didn't sound convincing. She was basically saying, "Trust me, alright?" I wouldn't blame anyone for taking the gamble & trusting her, but the Board of Merchants? Those stubborn people somehow gave in? Maybe it's because Yoshino has already proven herself capable, but still...
DABUNGINATORSep 28, 5:50 PM
Massugu, GO!
Oct 2, 1:47 PM
Sep 2024
the trump tweeting maga was peak
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

184 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 19, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.