Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2019 6:59 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

I wonder why Riku doesn't want to other sisters know about her?
LOL at Wakaba always almost blurting about him seeing Riku. Good thing he's able to manage not letting the other know.
Wakaba decrypting those messages, no wonder Rin suspects him again!
Looks like endless supply of water? and a kemurikusa tree?
5/5.

Feb 13, 2019 7:17 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The intrigue level is going off hard now!
Feb 13, 2019 8:46 AM
Jan 2013
Riku is besto by far
gone bai bai
Feb 13, 2019 10:22 AM

Jan 2015
The writing on the wall says "9:00 bussiness hours. Japan has ended."

This confirms that we are in some kind of post-apocalyptic Japan and Wakaba probably jumped in time.

Really good episode. The OST and the feeling of mystery were on point.

This show having such a low score is criminal to be honest.

Feb 13, 2019 10:40 AM
Jan 2013
Zinzoo said:
Thanks for the translation, was wondering if it was something important
gone bai bai
Feb 13, 2019 10:43 AM

Mar 2016
This episode has finally brought back the feeling and atmosphere of the first one, which a lot of the stuff in between has lacked.

Riku best girl.
Feb 13, 2019 11:27 AM
Feb 2019
Zinzoo said:

Actually made an account to correct this, 本日doesn't means Japan.

Sorry, just can't resist the urge.
Feb 13, 2019 11:27 AM
Jan 2013
Mkim said:
Zinzoo said:
okay, 本日 means today and 日本 means japan so it apparently is just some normal subway message
gone bai bai
Feb 13, 2019 11:28 AM
Jan 2013
MarsD said:
Zinzoo said:

Actually made an account to correct this, 本日doesn't means Japan.

Sorry, just can't resist the urge.
3 seconded ninja
sick
gone bai bai
Feb 13, 2019 11:29 AM
Jan 2019
What a good chapter. With the data of Ryoko and the appearance of Riku this story became more interesting.
Feb 13, 2019 11:56 AM

Jan 2015
Mkim said:
Mkim said:
okay, 本日 means today and 日本 means japan so it apparently is just some normal subway message
Ah right, no idea how I saw that in reversed order. Thanks
Feb 13, 2019 12:21 PM

May 2018
Oh so new girl's name is Riku and she knows Ritsu, so why does she insist that wakaba not mention about her presence?????

Who, Riku is asking about Wakaba's sense of touch, does that mean that them Red Heads don't have that kind of sensation????

Well this Ryouku girl , I guess we'll yet to see.

Well they found an abundant water supply . so good for them.

I still don't get why Wakaba has to still don that wrap around vine on his waist???
Feb 13, 2019 3:18 PM

Mar 2008
A bit disappointed about the Sun not appearing, but damn, what an episode!

To think that the sisters in the tram were "abandoned"... it's sad.
And the talk is that Rin is the "Memory Leaf".
Feb 14, 2019 1:48 AM
Feb 2019
That part about "splitting" that Ryouko wrote about is very interesting. So basically the other three sisters, Ryouko, Riku and Ryo split into two personas. The three who were with Rin and company should have died and the split halves went on their own journey.I wonder if the two Rinas- Rinazo and Rinako(who died in episode1) are in Riku's party?And I'm really curious about that black urn that almost fell from the earthquake in episode 3. Could those be the memory leaves?I thought they we're remnants of the leaves of their dead sisters that can be used to revive them again or something.
Gi1gameshFeb 14, 2019 1:59 AM
Feb 14, 2019 3:02 AM

Oct 2007
It seems one of the writers of the info on the yellow Kemurikusa is the Rina when she was just one person.

And it's a big surprise seeing Riku alive. I wonder why she does not want to be seen by the other girls?

-- really hyped to see the next epiosode!!
Feb 14, 2019 3:56 AM
Feb 2019
Liddo-kun said:
It seems one of the writers of the info on the yellow Kemurikusa is the Rina when she was just one person.

And it's a big surprise seeing Riku alive. I wonder why she does not want to be seen by the other girls?

Ohhh,now that I remember it, that entry was actually written in kanji. Maybe it was written by "The First Person" before she split into the sisters then?because all the other entries were all written in basic letters since they were just learning how to read and write. Hmmmm, anyways looking forward to the next episode too!
Feb 14, 2019 5:04 AM
Jan 2013
Gi1gamesh said:
That part about "splitting" that Ryouko wrote about is very interesting. So basically the other three sisters, Ryouko, Riku and Ryo split into two personas. The three who were with Rin and company should have died and the split halves went on their own journey.I wonder if the two Rinas- Rinazo and Rinako(who died in episode1) are in Riku's party?And I'm really curious about that black urn that almost fell from the earthquake in episode 3. Could those be the memory leaves?I thought they we're remnants of the leaves of their dead sisters that can be used to revive them again or something.
read VVVVVVVVVV
Gi1gamesh said:
Maybe it was written by "The First Person"

The one who split was "The First Person", every sister you see is one part of her that got split.
Ryoku only knows hiragana and the only one who knew kanji was the sister with the sense of memory and information (hence in theory she would remember and understand the meaning of Kanji).

gone bai bai
Feb 14, 2019 5:05 AM

Mar 2008
Liddo-kun said:

Who and how came to this conclusion, that it was "Rina"?

But there are indeed evidence that the last page saying to "forget the mission" was written by a different person. Even though there's kanji there's no proper punctuation. It's the only First Person's page without proper punctuation.
Feb 14, 2019 6:31 AM
Feb 2019
Mkim said:
Gi1gamesh said:
read VVVVVVVVVV
Gi1gamesh said:
Maybe it was written by "The First Person"

The one who split was "The First Person", every sister you see is one part of her that got split.
Ryoku only knows hiragana and the only one who knew kanji was the sister with the sense of memory and information (hence in theory she would remember and understand the meaning of Kanji).

Thanks a lot for this. I was watching in potato quality on the road that's why I didn't actually see what was on the entries hence, the confusion. When I saw the kanji when I checked it out at home, it was pretty clear from there.
Feb 14, 2019 7:33 AM

Jan 2015
Wow this episode was so interesting, it flew by. I mean, I loved this anime from the beginning, but this episode was on another level
Feb 14, 2019 12:06 PM
Aug 2014
Thanks for filling in the blanks for me, guys! The creators of this are masters of world building and mystery.
Feb 14, 2019 9:15 PM

Nov 2009
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
I still don't get why Wakaba has to still don that wrap around vine on his waist???
Yes, this! It's the one thing that really, reeeeally gets on my nerves in this show.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Feb 16, 2019 4:24 AM

Jan 2015
CG said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Yes, this! It's the one thing that really, reeeeally gets on my nerves in this show.

I actually reslly like it tho. Yeah I mean, it does bother me a bit because it makes no sense yet it’s kind of stylish
Feb 18, 2019 8:34 PM
Oct 2017
Liddo-kun said:

I don't think it's Rina. There are multiple authors here. One is Ryoku, who wrote in hiragana because she still couldn't decipher kanji, but is the curious type who try to find out about the world. The other author is the one who wrote the letter to herself after splitting up into the sisters. This is one they call the first person. She's knowledgable enough to write in kanji and referred to how one of the sisters will probably be able to read the letter she wrote. One of the sisters have access to memories before the first person splitted up, which will likely be the key to figuring out the mission that they are supposed to carry out, and the likely candidates for that are probably Ryo or Ryoku, maybe Rin.
Jul 3, 2019 9:13 AM
Mar 2018
Zinzoo said:

This confirms that we are in some kind of post-apocalyptic Japan and Wakaba probably jumped in time.

Well, not necessairly. It could also just mean that it was "natural" japanese evolution...

But hey, we got another interesting character to advance the plot further. But yeah, more questions than answers so far. Not even a hint, but thats what makes it so interesting.
Jul 7, 2019 6:54 AM

Jul 2015
Those notes really reminds me of those ancient messages in rpg games

Aug 26, 2019 3:32 PM

Nov 2018
Rest of the sisters: -talk about their other sisters all the time-
Wakaba: -on getting to know Riku- are you acquaintances?
I can't tell if he's smart or not. Or maybe he just didn't want to sound rude as he did mention the other sisters later.
That was a very intriguing episode, almost ended in a blink of eye.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 3 Discussion

Liddo-kun - Jan 23, 2019

22 by tam_fortress »»
May 11, 2022 1:00 AM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

Liddo-kun - Mar 20, 2019

34 by PokefanPT »»
Oct 27, 2021 3:08 PM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

Mkim - Mar 27, 2019

45 by little_raven »»
Oct 18, 2021 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 9 Discussion

Gildesh - Mar 6, 2019

11 by little_raven »»
Oct 15, 2021 10:17 AM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yorusigh - Jan 9, 2019

73 by koley »»
May 6, 2021 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.