Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 5, 2018 1:31 PM
Mar 2016
Sparring Hall
For those seeking the thrill of combat...

The Sparring Hall is located directly next to the dormitory and provides
a big empty space, about 20 meters in width, 30 meters in length and
7 meters in height for all training purposes. It bears a rather elegant and
intricate design with pillars depicting medieval warriors, a sword a shield
decorating the chimney and finally, the golden goddess of combat, Athene,
watching over all those who do battle. The 2 doors at the back once led to
the preparation rooms, but now they are used for storage.

All Duel Requests are, upon approval, carried out here. However, one
does not need a Duel Request to spar or train here. It is open for anyone
who wishes to improve themselves. In case a Duel Request takes place,
everyone not involved needs to make room for those who would
engage themselves in combat. Spectating is free though.
There is also no need to worry about environmental damage.

Current Duel Request:
None

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 6, 2018 5:31 PM

May 2015
Horace Ridgeway
100/100
100/100
100/100

0/0

E | E | E | E | C | D | E | E

P&µÜR++âOÄ;χ#µkY¥Ó¥AõÅJ§+“*2G¦äQÅ<“i­nsY¢—nië˜Ä§TäqK|ô«J¸«9H¸¦FŠ@æ¤ihÅCe¦ñJM%!4&=é¬)ô/blBTb˜Pš±IŠ¥ q ivÔؤ"Žar! ÔÄRb‹‡)EM¶“m&Ä[E&ÑF(¸rŒÀ£Ÿ¶—mQ˜Ïj6Ô QŠ.	m£iíRâ”
9Šå"ëK¶¥ÅQÌ6!ÙïK²¥Å&(LV#ÛK¶¥ÛF(cå!+Å&*|
0))ZpZ
0(C6Ò…§…¥#Ò€²¶µ QEʲ"ÙFÃéRâŒ{š.D^Yô£eKoÖŒQp"ÙNÍ?„Pp(¸£´\ 6Ó€ãŠ)nÚ6ûRÓLq@J 4Õu=éëõ [†´™ v°céø
6Š¡­kZ^ngÔïa¶EççnÞ¼£Å¿bVx<;g¸ö¸¸è}Â֐¥)»X—$‘ëzÅý®—§M}w H¢\œœù»â'õ?Þ:Dí
˜o’<ñSX¾ ñf³®Ê_RÔ¦IÎÌíAôZÄ{œujôðøeOVsΧ0Ö±I뉙½”⥊Hc…Aõªr]s‘ÍA%Ñ=ñ]wFv5dº¿QUä¹ÏqYp½P=Ç4sŽÆ›Ýz¯%Áõ¬æœÔm1=ë?hÇd^iÉ=j'Ÿ#­R2ž¼Ó|Ê—6–—=j&—ž*zš¡·a²Ð“'šô¯†5Ê–—Œ÷šaÆQ(÷MyZµH¸Æj\–¥'cî	x›Hñ=‚ÞiW+ a–?2ýEn`{¥|+áŸê~¿KÍ.êHH%CpßZú?á‡Æ}3^Hì5ÖK+ó…œ+ÿ …pÖÃrꍡPõ² ¨/'ŽÞ–G
g4ùn`KCpÒ¯•ŒîÏQ^Iãÿ 5ìÆÎÊAåƒÉ^â¹£NMêm™7Šüqv×Mo`ûÉÝjW·¬ZâæGÏlñYë–äž{ÔÐŸ¥uòF(ê…(­ÆºsÖ˜3š±:j"Œw\Ó”ˆ!î*9oJºWbªOÍ4Ç°Õ|.sY^3ð^²OüùÉü«L¨ U!ÿ „Y ËœŸÊ©nDµG¥Eâ½Z®ØÕ˜üuv„y¶ê~•ÏL5Rx$äæ¥E*hô}7ÆVç£#wâº+=[M¹åÜ'>¦¼nÐ ¼óS’TîGe#ÐÔÊ’fN’=µl2Œ§Ó­<׋ÙëÚ¥›.刍tºWŽeM«z»”e*-jfàÑèGŠQÍeiz冢¹‚

whatthebloodyhell-

Mid-stride, Horace stumbled, tumbling face first into the ground- he quickly recovered, transitioning his momentum into a roll and standing on his feet soon afterwards, looking around the room at the other people in the area.

No one saw that.

Horace dusted himself off, and made his way towards the exit. A fight was or wasn't occuring in the sparring hall and Horace had no wish to be caught in the crossfire or just didn't want to deal with other people.

Despite that... minor incident, I'd reckon I'm a bit faster than what I was. Not enough to outpace the drunkard. Definitely not enough to outpace the werewolf.

Still. Baby steps. Baby steps. I'm definitely faster.

Horace would then make his way to the dormitory unless someone stopped him en-route.

N/A | 32 | Next
TubaNov 12, 2018 1:40 PM
Nov 12, 2018 3:10 PM

Mar 2015
Carolus Rex

Health: 100/100
Prana: 100/100
Stamina: 100/100
Astral Gear: Carolus's Sword, Active 10/10
Status Effects: None
Soldiers: 8

Carolus was surprised to see a small notification come off the bracelet on his arm. Lifting it up to view the magical display that appeared, Carolus flipped through them, seeing the notification that two new missions had been posted. Wondering in slight annoyance just why it was that he could not accept such missions from a distance, Carolus decided to go take a look at them, seeing as his efforts here were clearly unfruitful. Motioning to the soldier who held his gloves with an outreached hand, the man rushed over to him quickly and deposited the fine apparel in his fingers. Carolus pulled them on, and stretched his fingers, mindful that the gloves were appropriately fitted, and then turned on his heel. Wordlessly the men lined up behind him and walked out out of the building in a quick precession, leaving the area.
Nov 12, 2018 6:49 PM
Jan 2015
Sho Kazehaya
Health: 150/150
Prana: 150-??/150
Stamina: 150/150
Air Saber: Not Summoned
STR: BVIT: E • WIL: E • RES: E
SPD: BAGL: BPER: E • REC: B
Current Status: +1 Strength
Skills Active: Fairy Levitation (Passive), Proficiency (Passive)
Current Equipment: Revival Bracelet (Inactive), Warrior Heart (+1 Strength)

Sho walked into the sparring hall after saying goodbye to Zahrah, noticing another guy leaving at the same time with a bunch of people following him. The ones following him all had the same uniform for some reason...Who are these guys...? He wasn't sure, but it seemed unlikely that a new SOUL would be able to get that many followers so quickly. Unless he was some kind of summoner...

He would have said something, but the leader guy and the uniform soldiers didn't seem interested in talking to Sho the lowly peasant, heading off to who knows where after leaving. As surprising as it was, he had to focus on other stuff, like getting ready for the mission, so Sho walked into the now empty sparring hall to train.

Sho didn't summon his sword though, since he was trying out something else. He had to be prepared for the mission, and he was sure that it'd help a lot if he could finally learn that spell that sent people flying with a blast of wind. If he could learn that, he could stay a lot safer by knocking enemies away, or maybe even do some kind of combo if Londo could actually cooperate...

So he got one of the heavier training dummies from the storage room, trying to see how far he could push it. This 'Air Blast' was a relatively simple spell from what he had learned in life. Each time, he focused wind into a sphere next to his hand, causing it to spin before launching it with pure magical energy to try to send the dummy flying. A whoosh could be heard, but that was about it, as the dummy barely budged from its spot. He kept on trying it, each time remaining still and just focusing his magic energy to fire the wind projectile or at least attempt to. Sometimes it didn't even get fired before disappearing due to being unstable, and the rest of the times the dummy just stared back at him blankly, not budging. Why can't I get this right..?! He tried to stay calm and focus as he kept attempting the spell, but it was clearly getting to him...Not that anyone could see that, since he was alone in the room.
Sho_the_MageNov 16, 2018 4:58 PM
Nov 16, 2018 5:00 PM
Jan 2015
Sho Kazehaya
Prana: 140/150
Stamina: 140/150
Air Saber: Not Summoned
SPD: BAGL: BPER: E • REC: B

Sho's efforts continued to be unsuccessful, with each air blast creating a whoosh as it dispersed upon contact with the training dummy, unable to make it budge more than a few inches. It didn't make sense. He was using the right amount of Prana, and he was able to create the sphere of air in his hand, but every time he used his magic energy to propel it forward, it didn't get the proper momentum. At this point he was on his last attempt before giving up, having almost used too much energy to recover before the mission started. "Damn it!" In frustration, Sho threw the ball of air at the training dummy instead of propelling it with magic only-

[Rank E] Air Blast (SPELL)

- Description:
    Sho creates a spinning sphere of wind in his hand and launches it at a target to send them flying.

- Effect: Deals 5 wind-elemental magic damage and +30 meters knockback
    - Attribute Modifier: Willpower
    - Cost: 10 Prana, 10 Stamina
    - Affinity: Offensive
    - Prerequisites:
    • None
    - Limitations:
    • Resistance and wind-elemental resistance reduce knockback (but wind-elemental weakness increases it)
    • Can't be used if paralyzed

(Training Dummy: -10 Durability, knocked back 30 meters)

A much louder WHOOSH could be heard as the sphere of wind burst on contact, sending the dummy flying up and into the wall of the sparring hall where it hit with a thud, falling to the ground mostly undamaged. "What the...It worked?! All right!" Sho was shocked it had actually worked, and wasn't sure how either, but he was glad to have some luck for once in learning magic.

After that, he attempted it a few more times, not being able to replicate what he did until he tried doing the same thing as before of moving his hand while launching it. Sure enough, that sent the dummy flying again. However, he had to put it away after that, since he needed to recover his prana before the mission started...Soon after that, he got a notification from Ciela asking for him and Londo to go there. Hoping he could make it work in the mission, Sho left the area, heading to the mission hall.
Feb 6, 2019 8:24 PM

Dec 2011
Eukina Watashi

Health: 150 / 150
Prana: 150 / 150
Stamina: 150 / 150
STR: CVIT: E • WIL: E • RES: E
SPD: CAGL: CPER: BREC: D
AG Status: Bow / Dagger
Current Status: Normal
Skills Active: Eagle Eye

Eukina blushed as Edward stated he would protect her with his barriers. Finally, a guy that used protection

As they made their way to Sparring Hall, Lysett finall messaged Eukina back. Eukina was furious at the message, sending a reply back promptly.

"I don't care about the items. I care that you were being an idiot. Learn to know when someone needs to die and stop trying to save them. We all thought we were going to die anyways, so having only one person die was a net gain, you just made it worse."

Eukina rubbed her head afterwards, irritated, "Lysett's ideology is really getting to me. She's too nice..."

Eukina walked into the Sparring Hall before Edward, but saw that it was empty, "I guess there's noone here... What's your next idea? I'd invite Lysett to duel, but I fought against her last time, and I'd like to fight someone new this time, rather than adopting the same strategy as last time." Eukina said, leaning back against the wall.
Feb 8, 2019 1:47 AM
Jan 2015
Edward Durand
Health: 200/200
Prana: 150/150
Shield: Not Summoned
Sword: Not Summoned
STR: CVIT: BWIL: E • RES: E
SPD: DAGL: E • PER: DREC: E
Current Status: +1 Vitality
Skills Active: Master Guard (Passive), Iron Guard (Passive), Survival Drive (Passive/Inactive)
Current Equipment: Knight Honor (+1 Vitality)

Eukina had to respond to a message on the way to the Sparring Hall, which seemed to have bothered her for some reason. Apparently it was because of how Lysett thought of things, which meant the message was from Lysett.

Edward had a guess on what was bothering Eukina specifically in a surprising moment of non-density based on the last thing to happen with Lysett. "Is it about how she tried to rescue Alexander? If it is, I understand why it bothers you; I've seen too many people try to save everyone only to put themselves beyond saving..." Edward remembered his past life well enough considering it only ended around a week ago from his perspective, and it was always depressing when people ended up dying for nothing trying to save another. Even if their lives now apparently meant less as SOULs, he wasn't exactly used to it yet.

Unfortunately, the sparring hall was completely empty. That left their only options being either calling people with their bracelets and asking them to fight, or randomly searching for people somewhere else. Eukina had apparently trained against Lysett earlier, so she didn't want to spar against her again. "I would invite Alexander, but he died as well...If you want, we could train without anyone else for now, unless more people come here to spar." In his opinion, if people were really interested in sparring, they would come here anyways, so it might be rude to ask others to join in. For now they'd have to either train with just the two of them, or talk about what was bothering Eukina, or just wait until later to train and find something else to do right now.
Feb 25, 2019 1:55 PM

Dec 2011
Eukina Watashi

Health: 150 / 150
Prana: 150 / 150
SPD: CAGL: CPER: BREC: D
AG Status: Bow / Dagger
Skills Active: Eagle Eye

Edward put in his part of the conversation, and Eukina got a message. Eukina replied back, telling Lysett that she was already back in the city, and should ask Arona instead.

Then Eukina sighed, "I guess sparring is off the table..." Eukina said, checking her COMB for the local news, which was a thing that was just now made up. not like it matters because this club isnt happening now.

Eukina's eyes shot open in surprise, "Oh, the ball is coming back tonight. Apparently the prince is now feeling better after a team went in to the Eden hq to get the orb that caused his curse. Or something..." Eukina said, leaning against the wall and blushing, "Uh... I have a ticket to go, and a dress. What about you?"

And then would follow up with, "Maybe we could both go together? Maybe have it be a date?"
Jun 29, 2019 5:37 PM
Jan 2015
Edward Durand
Prana: 150/150
Shield: Not Summoned
Sword: Not Summoned
STR: CVIT: BWIL: E • RES: E
SPD: DAGL: E • PER: DREC: E
Current Status: +1 Vitality
Skills Active: Master Guard (Passive), Iron Guard (Passive), Survival Drive (Passive/Inactive)
Current Equipment: Knight Honor (+1 Vitality)

Edward was surprised to hear the spring ball was no longer canceled despite how the festival had turned into a disaster. Apparently it was to celebrate the prince's health now that the more competent SOULs had cured his curse, which was good to hear. Eukina asked if he had a ticket, saying she had one and a dress.

"I didn't buy a ticket because I didn't think anyone would be interested in going with me."

Until now. He remembered what Arona said clearly, and Eukina was making it sound more and more true as she asked if they could go together, and if it could be a date. They didn't use that term in his time period, but he wasn't so dense he couldn't put two and two together. One does not simply walk into Mordor a ball with just a friend. Something in him short-circuited and for the first time since being summoned, his face went just a little red.

"I...er...I would need a ticket and the appropriate attire. I'm not familiar with what that would be in this era, and the tickets may not even be available anymore. I will have to go check..."

He was leaving the area to go to the ticket station when someone practically flew past him in a blur, leaving a cloud of dust in his face. He coughed a few times as it cleared up, letting him turn around to see who had nearly run into him. It was the elf boy he remembered from the city defense mission.

Sho Kazehaya
Prana: 200/200
Stamina: 200/200
Air Saber: Desummoned
SPD: AAGL: APER: E • REC: B

Sho scratched the back of his head as he looked back at the 'knight in shining barrier'. He couldn't quite remember his name. "Sorry, Sir Knight...I was kind of in a hurry and I didn't see you there."

"Just watch where you're going in the future. At that speed you could be seriously hurt if you ran into something." He then kept walking away, leaving only Sho and Eukina in the sparring hall, unless she also left. He wondered if they were busy sparring until he showed up.

"Was I interrupting something? I just came here since Londo wanted to fight me again now that we ranked up...Sorry."

Before long, Londo would show up. It would take a little longer for someone else to show up after him, since she wasn't that fast.

Lucia Flores
AG: Not Summoned
STR: E • VIT: E • WIL: CRES: C
SPD: E • AGL: E • PER: E • REC: E
Current Status: None
Skills Active: Sacred Wings (Passive), Blessing (Passive), Angelic Vision (Passive)
Current Equipment: None

Lucia agreed to watch Londo's last battle, not wanting to miss his departure from this world to whichever one he visited next. He claimed to be strong enough to defeat Vulcanus alone now. "I believe you...Your life force is already as strong as his now." The only advantage Vulcanus might have had was his op modern weaponry, but there was no point worrying about it now.

Once they arrived at the sparring hall, she could see Sho's toughness was much less than Londo's. However, he wasn't the type to take everything head on like Londo, so they could still be evenly matched.
Jun 29, 2019 5:48 PM

Dec 2011
Londo the GREAT!

Health: 300 / 300
Prana: 50 / 50(150)
Gauntlets: 100 / 100 - 100 / 100
STR: BVIT: BWIL: E • RES: B
SPD: BAGL: E • PER: CREC: C
Current Status: Wearing yet another cool headlight, turned off. Also wearing Amethysts Earcuffs.
Alice can only be heard by Londo, as she is just an observer paid to observe only Londo.
Skills Active: Master Guard (Permanent)

Londo felt quite strong, but it was only confirmed by Lucia saying he was. And thus, he confidently walked into the Sparring Hall, where he bumped into Sho and Eukina talking.

Eukina covered her mouth and looked away, "No, we were simply talking about some plans we had. You can use the Sparring Hall now." She said, quickly moving past Sho while muttering to him, "Please tell Lysett I think it worked, and that she should try too..." while leaving the area. Unfortuantely, this story is not about Eukina anymore. She will go on, the attention unfocused in this world as it ends for her.

Londo strode to the other side of the Sparring Hall, then turned back to face Sho, "Alright then Sho. One last fight. One more battle. We are the strongest SOULs I personally know. Last I checked, there were no more C ranks because of the invasion, so we have to show Lucia our power."

Then Londo closed his eyes and breathed in, putting his hands over his stomach in a meditative position, then breathed outwards, pushing his hands away. He then quickened his breath, drawing forth a series of stances reminiscent of one who would dabble in the unarmed arts. (kind like this https://youtu.be/Jt1h1MinlLI?t=41) He then suddenly summoned his gauntlets.

However... What was summoned was not just his gauntlets...

Londo summoned an entirely different outfit. He took a quick glance down in his current pose, seeming surprised at the costume change, then smirked his signature smile, "I guess my body wasn't the only thing that powered up."

Londo then raised a hand towards Sho, palm side up, and curled his middle finger towards himself twice, gesturing Sho to attack, "Come on!"

Battle Theme

LondotheGreatJun 9, 2022 8:43 PM
Jul 2, 2019 8:45 PM
Jan 2015
Sho Kazehaya
Prana: 160/200
Stamina: 200/200
Air Saber Mk2: 40/40 Durability
SPD: A+AGL: A+PER: E • REC: B

Sho raised his eyebrows in confusion at what Eukina muttered to him. Huh? What worked? And what does she mean 'Lysett should try it too?' He sighed, giving up on finding out since she left before he could ask any more.

That left only Londo and the angel girl in the room with him. Londo was saying how they had to show off now that they were the only C ranks in the dormitory. "I don't know if we're that strong, but if you say so..." He could think of plenty of others stronger than them, like all the contestants in the recent Intermediate and Elite Cup tournaments...Especially the cheater. It bugged him just thinking about that guy.

Londo distracted him from that thought by doing something unexpected. Sho took a step back, surprised by the sudden change in appearance. "Whoa! What's with the new outfit?" He didn't remember Londo having the power to summon clothing of all things...His gauntlets also looked different, now looking kind of like a fierce animal biting something. Sho remembered something he'd looked up on the COMB as Londo gestured him to make the first attack...

"Wait, I remember now! The COMB says our Astral Gears can change too when we get stronger...I just didn't think it'd happen so soon. Man, you sure are lucky..."

He was a little jealous for a moment, until he tried summoning his own weapon and found that it too had changed...

The handle was now more suited for two handed use, and the blade had changed shape completely to become curved and longer than before. It was now no longer a beam saber, but instead a beam katana, and its energy blade glowed brighter than before.

"What the..Oops!

Sho accidentally dropped it in surprise at the sudden change in appearance, but with his quick reflexes he was able to catch it just before it hit the floor. "Phew...that was a close one." After that he couldn't help smile in appreciation of his newly upgraded weapon.

"Wow...I guess I'm lucky too! About time..."

Sho then held his sword in a two handed grip and pointed it forwards, taking a step forward and getting ready to attack when he suddenly stopped. "Ah, I'd better take these off, otherwise it'd be cheating..." He removed the Revival Bracelet and the strength-enhancing bracelet one at a time, looking around for somewhere to put them when he saw the healer girl.

"Hey miss, could you hold on to these?" Lucia nodded in agreement, so he threw each of them over to her, letting her make sure no one stole them while they were dueling.

Sho looked back to Londo, taking a few practice swings with his upgraded sword. It would take a little getting used to, but the longer reach would come in handy and it still felt as light as ever.

"Alright, let's do this!"

Sho focused his mana into a wind current swirling around him, creating the same aura as always that boosted his speed. He felt faster than ever as he dashed at Londo in a zig-zag pattern, trying to catch Londo off guard as he rushed past him while delivering a flurry of slashes in a split-second.
Jul 5, 2019 7:59 PM

Dec 2011
Londo the GREAT!

Health: 285 / 300
Gauntlets: 81 / 100 - 81 / 100
Current Status: Wearing yet another cool headlight, turned off. Also wearing Amethysts Earcuffs.
Alice can only be heard by Londo, as she is just an observer paid to observe only Londo.

Sho rushed Londo as Londo put up his fists to guard against the flurry of assault. These attacks were much faster than the ones that Sho had performed before, showing that he had become much stronger.

Londo had as well, but not in the same sense. Not as fast, nor did he actually get physically stronger, but he was just a bit faster, and a bit tougher. That much was obvious as he used his gauntlets to block the strikes coming at him from all sides: 2 from the right, and 2 on the left. His arms bent towards Londo's body as he took the blows, as Sho was using a two-handed weapon versus Londo using one hand at a time to block the strikes, but Londo was stronger physically, and Sho could not overpower Londo using brute strength even in his wildest dreams.

When the fourth strike hit, Londo smacked the Katana away with the hand used to guard against it, and rushed in towards Sho to perform his own deadly combo, as he struck with his free hand towards Sho's chest, then once again with the other hand that was wrapping back around to deliver a hook towards Sho.

However, that was just a feint, and Londo instead spun with his hook, and kicked out the leg in a roundhouse in a powerful sweep towards Sho's legs.

Battle Theme

LondotheGreatJul 5, 2019 10:48 PM
Jul 5, 2019 9:06 PM
Jan 2015
Sho Kazehaya
Health: ???/200
Prana: ???/200
Stamina: ???/200
SPD: A+AGL: A+PER: E • REC: A

Londo looked unfazed by the energy blade which only singed his gauntlets after four slashes in as many tenths of a second. He was taking 'death by a thousand cuts' a bit too literally for Sho's taste as he deflected the last slash and struck back with some punches of his own. Sho sidestepped and pivoted to the left to let the first fly past him, then stepped back from the right hook...but it was a feint, something Sho didn't expect from the seemingly dumb Londo. His quick reflexes let him jump just before the sweeping kick hit his legs, but Londo's foot barely hit Sho's own feet in midair, sending him spinning over backwards.

"Whoah!"

Luckily Sho turned what would be an embarrassing tumble into a handstand and then a backflip with his heightened agility, facing Londo again as he flipped through the air.

That was a close one...Guess he's not so dumb after all.

Sho channeled some of the wind in his aura into his sword to prepare to send an air slash at Londo. However, this time something was different. He felt more motivated by the power up from becoming a "C rank" and decided to try something more than just one slash. Sho slashed at the air in rapid succession, sending out a gust full of many cutting projectiles until he finally landed. To his surprise, it had actually worked.

"How was that? It's my version of my brother's "Razor Wind" spell. I heard he's cut down some nasty monsters with it, like that giant piranha."

Then as the air cleared, he saw Londo still wasn't hurt that badly. Sho scratched the back of his head, laughing a little. "Haha...Ah well, I guess it's a poor imitation!" He took a fighting stance again and this time waited for Londo to do something, circling around him as he started floating with his fairy wings.
Sho_the_MageJul 5, 2019 9:09 PM
Jul 5, 2019 10:56 PM

Dec 2011
Londo the GREAT!

Health: 282 / 300
Stamina: 140 / 150
Gauntlets: 62 / 100 - 62 / 100

The flurry of wind razors Sho used was much like his regular wind cutter, except a lot of them. Londo still managed to block them all, feeling almost none of the pain from the attack, as Sho seemed pretty disappointed by it.

Londo waved his hand to dismiss Sho's disappointment, "Stop saying stuff like that. During our Rank Up Mission, you even seemed down when talking to Timothy. It's not your brother's power, it's not his power, it's not anyone's power. It's yours." Londo then raised his right fist, which started cackling with electricity, "You think it's an imitation, but it's not. It's your power, use it your way and stop acting like that!" Londo said, running towards Sho.

"Like this is my power! Fist of Fury!" Londo said, throwing his hand forward in a right hook towards Sho with devastating force, then immedaitely afterwards using the momentum of the attack to swing his body around, placing his left hand on the ground as he spun and kicked Sho with his other leg, which was also cackling with electricity, the same attack that Londo used with his hand.

"It's not a poor imitation, it's your imitation. Make your power yours!"

Battle Theme

Jul 8, 2019 9:17 PM
Jan 2015
Sho Kazehaya
SPD: A++AGL: A+PER: E • REC: A

Sho stopped floating and averted his eyes, startled by Londo's response to what he only meant to sound like a joke. The truth was, it was also what he really thought about himself, and Londo must have seen that back when Sho found even the 12 year old Timothy had more 'real' spells than him. He never would have picked up this beam sword in the first place if he wasn't so inept at traditional spells. His inadequacy at something all Elves prided themselves in made him pitied by some, mocked by others, and understood by few. That was why what Londo said confused him, saying it was his power and not an imitation.

'It isn't? But I made it just like his spel-!"

Sho cut himself off, needing to dodge Londo's electrified fist. Londo shouted out a fancy attack name as he punched, giving Sho plenty of time to sidestep and twist his body out of the way of the right hook. The next attack was a spinning kick also charged with lightning, this one unannounced. Sho leaned back quickly as it passed in front of his chest, so close that it grazed his shirt and he got shocked a little from the electric charge.

Sho was surprised he was able to recover faster than before, allowing him to turn his dodge into an upwards kick to Londo's chin as he backflipped off of the ground, following up by throwing a concentrated ball of air with his left hand to send Londo flying while also pushing himself away with the recoil.

Naturally, Londo was still far from finished. Sho sighed as he deactivated his aura and took a breather. Being literally made of iron gave Automaton incredible strength and resilience as their talents...Just like how Elves were naturally adept at magic.

"Now you're contradicting yourself! You just said it wasn't an imitation...ah, forget it. Maybe you're right. All spells are just imitating the last mage to use that spell, I guess..."

Sho's voice trailed off, not sure what he was trying to say. Sure, mostly all spells were passed down from teacher to student, generation to generation, making them all copies in a way. However, that wasn't the problem. Sho spoke up again, this time more bothered as he remembered what it was.

"But I'm not copying it right! I'm not fighting like an elf, I'm fighting like a human, or a Beastkind, or like you...no offense. And that's not...uh..."

He couldn't finish his sentence, unable to say Londo's fighting style was inferior since he didn't think that. It obviously wasn't true, he had seen plenty of times when mages lost to more physical fighters, and Londo had him on the ropes the last time they fought. His own fighting style wasn't as physical as Londo's, but not as magical as he wanted it to be. However, as he thought back to the battles he fought in this style in this new life, he realized something...

It had worked. He hadn't failed a single mission despite a few close calls, and he was faster now than he'd ever dreamed of being in his mortal life. Maybe this really was the right way for him despite what everyone expected.

Sho looked relieved as he took a fighting stance, feeling like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders. Maybe he would never be the best or world famous, but that was fine. Not being a failure was more than good enough for him. He was still a little embarrassed realizing he'd been talking so long.

"Haha, sorry about that...I'm really overthinking this. I'll just do whatever works best!"

And that brought him to a realization: His speed-boosting aura of wind was not as good as it could be. It took more magical effort than physical compared to his other moves and was more tiring as a result. Out of stubbornness, he had kept trying to get it 'right'...Only now did he realize how counterproductive that was.

"Like this!"

Sho tried creating his wind aura again, this time differently. He focused the flow of his magic energy like a current, creating the same swirling green aura around himself...but this time, the energy also enhanced the interior of his body, making him even faster than before. Much like how his weapon had changed, this skill had also gotten stronger resulting in a much faster wind current around him. He hadn't notice, but the excess wind energy had also temporarily changed his appearance a little. Specifically his hair.

Sho then rushed at Londo at over two thirds of the speed of sound, leaving a shockwave in his former spot. He tried going around Londo, going so fast he became a green blur moving in a circle. Then once Londo was hopefully disoriented by all that, he rushed at him from the side, slashing at him five times in less than a second, first vertical then horizontal then two diagonals then finally another horizontal slash.
Jul 11, 2019 11:11 AM

Dec 2011
Londo the GREAT!

Health: 224 / 300
Prana: 40 / 50(150)
Stamina: 95 / 150
Gauntlets: 52 / 100 - 52 / 100
SPD: [A]AGL: E • PER: CREC: C
Skills Active: Master Guard (Permanent), Greased Lightning (+1 Speed)

Sho dodged the attacks like Londo thought he would, but as Londo kicked, Sho retaliated by kicking Londo's chin, which barely dented him and barely even did anything, but Sho's next attack hit Londo straight in the face before he could put his arms up to guard, and Londo was blown back, his head going first, causing him to backflip along the floor twice before Londo found his ground on all fours, and then stood up afterwards, brushing himself off, "Not bad, but also didn't even phase me!" Londo said, the attack doing almost nothing to him.

But Sho was still unconvinced, he was still arguing that he wasn't fighting like an Elf, but...

After saying that, Sho paused, he was finally getting it. Londo smiled in response and gave him a thumbs up, as Sho unleashed his inner power, his hair even changing color to match that of a super saiyan's!

And with this new transformation, Sho was even faster than before. As Londo prepared for Sho's assault, he found himself too slow to react to his new speed, and Londo's eyes widened in surprise as Sho appeared next to him almost instantly, going around Londo as he slashed at him. Londo tried to put up his hand to guard, but he was still too slow to guard against the first 3 attacks, striking Londo as he raised his hands to guard against the next two, the diagonal and horizontal one. These combination of attacks, while deadly, put Londo into his first Greased Lightning stance, causing lightning to flicker about his body, as his speed increased to allow him to at least contend with Sho in one way, even if it was useless.

But as Sho was landing the last attack, Londo kicked out towards Sho, his foot glowing with even more Lightning as he did so, then his left arm, going for Sho's chest, but this time just a normal attack. Londo then attacked again with his right arm, with less force to make a faster movement, then as his leg touched the ground from his first attack, Londo spun, adding much more force to his attack as he roundhouse kicked Sho.

"Now that's much better! Show me all your might Sho, make my last fight even better. Show me your best stuff! Lucia, take note, let Sho be your new mentor and friend in my place, if he can beat me, he's much more suited to protecting you!" Londo said, the light in his eyes glimmering even more brightly as he revelled in this new and extremely exciting fight for his life, "We're going to the death Sho! Make me have no regrets as we fight out my final battle!"

Battle Theme

Jul 15, 2019 5:58 PM
Jan 2015
Sho Kazehaya
Skills Active: Fairy Levitation (Passive), Proficiency (Passive), Whirlwind (Active Continuous)

Sho felt faster than ever as he unleashed a flurry of slashes at Londo, who couldn't block the first three even though he wasn't slow by any means. His metal skin started sparking with electricity as the beam sword cut into him two more times, making him speed up a little too. Right when Sho was cutting him the fifth time, Londo tried to catch him off guard with a lightning kick.

It might have hit the old Sho, but he recovered quickly and with his newfound speed, he stepped to the side just as it passed by. However, that wasn't all and Londo kept at him with more punches. Sho twisted his body to the side to dodge the first one, but the second was a little faster in exchange for less power, making it graze Sho as he tried deflecting the fist to the side with his left hand as he sidestepped again. It might have worked better if Londo wasn't also ridiculously strong. Finally, he did a roundhouse kick, which Sho hopped over at extreme speeds while starting his own counterattack.

As Sho jumped upwards, he slashed at Londo upwards before using his head as a stepping stone to jump away and behind him like a certain video game plumber. Then with his enhanced agility he flipped over in midair and sliced through the air itself rapidly, sending out numerous cutting shockwaves at Londo just like last time.

When he finally landed, Sho was breathing a little more heavily, taking some time to rest while Londo talked some more. As thrilling as moving at near mach speed was, it was more than a little exhausting. He would have to hope he could take Londo down before he got too tired, because if he slipped up it could be over in just a few hits.

"Hahaha...that's funny, I don't think I can teach her anything! And you know we can't die, right..? But sure, I'll show you my best stuff!"

Then again, even if they couldn't, Londo would probably get bored if he kept standing there. So whether Londo answered or not, after that he would go on the offensive again. He rushed at Londo in a zig-zag pattern while gathering a sphere of wind in his hand, but just when it looked like he would use it to knock back Londo, he threw it behind himself instead to launch himself past Londo at even faster speeds. So much that he could only slash once as he passed by, but the acceleration also made it hit with a lot more force than if he sliced a bunch of times. He nearly fell over from the momentum and had to stab the floor to stop himself...
Sho_the_MageJul 20, 2019 10:41 PM
Jul 20, 2019 10:55 PM

Dec 2011
Londo the GREAT!

Health: 182 / 300
Prana: 40 / 100(150)
Stamina: 100 / 150
Gauntlets: 52 / 100 - 0 / 100
Skills Active: Master Guard (Permanent), Greased Lightning (+1 Speed)

More attacks dodged as Sho slashed at Londo once, before jumping off his head. Londo couldn't dodge or guard against the goomba stomp in time, but he was able to turn around just as Sho fired more of his slicing projectiles. However, Londo ran at Sho, full speed, as he ducked and 3 of the projectiles passed harmlessly over his head, while the rest hit.

With how Sho had only used his own strength to push off Londo's head, Londo could easily catch up with Sho, and as he was landing, threw out a regular Fist of Fury attack, not enhanced with lightning, to knock back Sho towards the wall and give them both some breathing room.

Londo smirked and took a small breather as well, "Don't sell yourself short. You're easily the best match I've had since I've gotten to this world. All others were unfair." Londo said, not mentioning that this would be his final battle, and therefore his death.

Sho then boosted himself away from the wall at an incredible speed. Luckily for Londo, he was waiting for this, and as Sho was attacking with a single slash, Londo was attacking with a Fist of Fury of his own, intercepting Sho's sword, and would cause it to break from the sheer power of his attack. Unfortunately, Londo's right hand gauntlet broke from the attack, causing blue particles to shatter everywhere. Londo looked at his now exposed hand and blinked once, then smiled.

"My gauntlets seemed to have gotten a major power boost from before. They seem to take a hell of a beating and only just now broke!" He couldn't summon the gauntlet again, unfortunately, bu all he had to do was wait for his prana to recharge in the meantime.

Then, Londo nodded to Sho, "Well, let's keep on going. I'm far from finished Sho, what about you?" As Londo raised his hand and motioned Sho to come closer in a mocking manner.

Battle Theme

LondotheGreatJul 22, 2019 5:50 PM
Jul 22, 2019 9:08 PM
Jan 2015
Lucia Flores
AG: Not Summoned
Skills Active: Sacred Wings (Passive), Blessing (Passive), Angelic Vision (Passive)

Lucia was very surprised by the fight between Londo and the Elf boy Sho. She had seen Londo survive a great deal of pain before, but now he had taken over two dozen cuts and wasn't even close to falling. Being a metal man certainly made him very resilient. However, she was taken off guard even more by the elf boy, since she hadn't seen him fight much until now. He was so fast that Lucia could hardly even see him as more than just a blur when he attacked. Londo had become quite fast himself, but she had seen few who might be able to beat this elf boy in a race.

The other strange thing about him was that he took a more mundane approach than most elves, mixing in as much swordplay as he did magic. Back in the war, most of Lucia's Elf comrades were spellcasters proficient at many different types of magic, since magic was an important part of their culture and something they had a natural proficiency for. As a result the frontline roles were mostly left to Divine Knights like her brother Lucas, one of the best paladins of the time.

But there were exceptions to every rule, and this elf boy was eerily reminiscent of one Elf she knew in particular. A man named Galen who made up for his mediocre talent at magic with swordsmanship as swift as a hurricane. He would have been a war hero if he hadn't been banished from Elven society for violating one of their biggest taboos: marrying a human. She had always wondered what became of him since he left to lands across the sea...

Oh well. It wasn't like she would happen to meet his distant relative hundreds of years later by sheer coincidence, since that would be a one in a million chance. So Lucia went back to watching the fight, waiting to see whether the elf boy's tremendous speed or Londo's incredible toughness and strength would prevail.
Jul 22, 2019 9:37 PM
Jan 2015
Sho Kazehaya
Skills Active: Fairy Levitation (Passive), Proficiency (Passive), Whirlwind (Active Continuous)

Sho was surprised to see Londo dodge a few air slashes and chase him at a pretty high speed. It was actually about as fast as he used to be earlier, enough to catch him a little off guard when Londo tried punching him as he landed. He tried deflecting the punch to the side with his beam sword, but it still hit hard enough to make him collide with the nearby wall in a painful thud. He still managed to land on his feet, thanks to a quick recovery. Londo thought he was selling himself short about not being able to teach Lucia, but he seriously doubted a healer could learn anything from him.

Once that was over with he went for an incredibly fast attack that sent him past Londo in an instant, while Londo simultaneously punched. At first he smirked at the sight of cutting through Londo's gauntlet, but at the same time, the energy blade of his sword fizzled out from the punch, making him grit his teeth in annoyance.

Londo bragged about his gauntlets before taunting Sho, asking if he was done yet. Sho recharged his katana with more mana, restoring its energy blade as he smiled.

"Not even close!"

He slashed the air rapidly as he ran towards Londo, sending another torrent of razor wind. But this was only part of it: As the projectiles flew towards Londo, Sho circled around Londo's right side (the one with no gauntlet) and slashed horizontally as he passed by, then diagonally and vertically from behind, followed by a stab, all while making use of the longer range of his sword.
Jul 27, 2019 9:36 AM

Dec 2011
Londo the GREAT!

Health: 141 / 300
Prana: 45 / 100(150)
Stamina: 55 / 150
Gauntlets: 26(without armor break quality) / 100 - 0 / 100
STR: [A+]VIT: [A+]WIL: E • RES: B
Skills Active: Master Guard (Permanent), Greased Lightning (+1 Speed), Overdrive

Londo himself felt quite tired from the repeated uses of his skill, but he couldn't rest yet, because Sho was laying on more assaults. Londo blocked most of the slashes, causing his other gauntlet to break Sho sent out with his left arm, then as Sho went into Londo's side, Londo blocked the attack unarmed, then spun to his left, roundhouse kicking Sho with the back of his left foot as Sho tried to attack more, making him either dodge or power through the attack like Londo was. However, the one slash from Sho cause steam to vent from Londo, his Overdrive kicking in as the kick that approached Sho was going to hit with so much force, it would force Sho to stop his attack if he were hit by it.

Londo's physical capabilities were now through the roof, and any head on attack Sho would try would likely be stopped in its tracks from the sheer power of Londo's. Londo's strength now exceeded some of even the 7 knights of the coliseum, and would now only be a matter of time before Sho fell as well.

Although Londo could not summon any more gauntlets at the moment, he still had plenty of juice left in his tank to go, as he smirked at Sho, taking a small breather to account for the lost stamina he had thrown out, "Got anymore left in you Sho? I'm sill raring to go, and I know you can't keep up that speed forever!"

Battle Theme

Jul 27, 2019 3:38 PM
Jan 2015
Sho Kazehaya
Health: 130/200
Prana: 62/200
Stamina: 68/200
SPD: AAGL: APER: E • REC: A

Sho's assault was working. The torrent of razor wind gave him the chance to slide past Londo and cut him some more from behind. Londo tried a roundhouse kick as Sho slashed him diagonally, but he knew with his newfound speed he could dodge this too.

(Whirlwind: 0/5 Phases left)

At least he thought he could.

"Oof!" Sho was knocked to the side by the kick which had much more strength than before, sending him sliding across the ground until he quickly rolled to recover. The air around him was back to normal, and so was his hair (not that he noticed it changed). His aura had run out at just the wrong time...

It was taking a toll on his body, too. Sho was breathing heavily, tired out from moving around at such high speeds. Still, it was either move like that or keep getting hit by Londo who was unreasonably fast for someone that strong. Now Londo was taunting him, saying he couldn't keep it up forever. Sho took a moment to catch his breath before he responded.

"Maybe not, but I don't need forever!"

Sho focused on going super saiyan casting his aura again after that, making the air swirl around him at high speeds...and turning his hair green, which he still didn't notice. He rushed at Londo in a zig-zag pattern at extreme speeds while charging up another rasengan air blast in his left hand. He threw it right before he reached Londo to knock him back, then quickly ran to slash Londo four times horizontally alternating from left to right from the side while he was being knocked away to try to catch him off guard.
Jul 29, 2019 3:09 PM

Dec 2011
Londo the GREAT!

Health: 110 / 300
Prana: 45 / 100(150)
Stamina: 70 / 150
Gauntlets: 0 / 100 - 0 / 100
SPD: [A]AGL: E • PER: CREC: [b]
Skills Active: Master Guard (Permanent), Greased Lightning II (+1 Speed & +1 Recovery), Overdrive

Sho stated he didn't need forever, as he rushed Londo and blasted him with a ball of air. Normally, Londo would be blasted back around 20 meters due to him resisting the attack, but now it was even less, as his strength allowed him to resist being thrown back further, and as a result, would only be blown back 12 meters.

But Sho was still fast enough to flurry attacks towards Londo, and even as he recovered in the air, he could not find the right to defend himself. However, as the third hit struck Londo, even more Lightning burst from him, along with a bit of wind, signaling that Londo was now at his peak of Greased Lightning. So Londo was able to shift himself in air and recover enough to send a kick towards Sho's sword, blunting the attack as well as causing damage to Sho's sword.

More steam vented from Londo as he landed on the ground from the original attack, two feet and one hand on the ground, as he took off at a runner's start towards Sho, throwing a downwards punch at his chest and then using the momentum to flip over, and deliver an overhead kick to where Sho dodged to. Should Sho dodge that as well, the ground in front of Londo would crack, and explode from the sheer force used in the kick and from Londo's strength.

Battle Theme

Jul 29, 2019 4:27 PM
Jan 2015
Sho Kazehaya
Health: 105/200
Prana: 53/200
Stamina: 30/200
Air Saber Mk2: 23/40 Durability
Skills Active: Fairy Levitation (Passive), Proficiency (Passive), Whirlwind (Active Continuous, 2/5 Phases left)

Once again, Londo survived even more cuts from his energy blade. Sho had lost count, but it had to be at least a few dozen hits by now. It was getting frustrating how resilient Londo was, but he had to worry about not dying himself first to the guy currently doing a cliche superhero landing.

Sho quickly hopped backwards out of reach of the punch, slashing Londo's hand as he did, but it didn't slow down Londo's next attack at all: A flipping downwards kick that smashed the pavement when Sho barely sidestepped in time, sending debris flying in all directions. Some of it hit Sho, doing minimal damage other than to his ego. It was a little surprising since he thought the training room was invincible or something. Then again, most C ranks didn't have that much strength.

He ignored that for now: this was his chance to counterattack! While Londo's foot was stuck in the ground, Sho pushed his speed to the limit and rushed past Londo while delivering a barrage of four consecutive slashes to try to finish him off. The momentum caused him to slide past and then turn around to see the results as a gust of wind made from his run blew in his face.

Sho was not happy with the outcome.

"Why won't you die?!"

Sho just watched with a frustrated look, trying to catch his breath again. He had no idea what Londo was made of, but somehow even this wasn't enough. Was he really that weak? Even before he'd gotten this power up, he'd been able to take out some of the bigger monsters pretty quickly in the invasion, albeit with a little help. Now that he was way faster and improved his techniques, it was pretty crazy that Londo was still standing even after Sho attacked him to the point of near exhaustion.

He could only hope that would change soon.
Aug 1, 2019 2:40 PM

Dec 2011
Londo the GREAT!

Health: 109 / 300
Prana: 0 / 50(150)
Stamina: 95 / 150
Gauntlets: 0 / 100 - 80 / 100
SPD: [A]AGL: E • PER: CREC: [b]
Skills Active: Master Guard (Permanent), Greased Lightning II (+1 Speed & +1 Recovery), Overdrive

Sho attacked Londo's hand as he punched, but that did nothing to the behemoth that was now currently Londo. His physical resistance was on par to steel, and twice as good looking.

Just as Sho was planning to attack Londo from his foot being stuck, which may have seemed like it, Londo swung his foot to the left, tilting it and dislodging it as Sho rushed towards Londo. Londo prepped an attack, which he could do even if his foot was stuck, summoning his gauntlet and striking Sho's sword with his own Fist of Fury, breaking his sword as Londo's gauntlet recieved almost minimal damage, which was actually still a lot since Sho's anti armor skill was bs Sho's sword had a unique property of destroying astral gears more easily. Fortunately Londo also had that property, in which he could just punch something really hard to break it.

The gusts that Sho created still buffeted Londo, however, and he had to pedal his arms afterwards to not fall over, but he made sure to stand up correctly in time for Sho to see him, so he would look cool, asking why he wouldn't die. Londo grinned, and rubbed his left arm with his right, "Hahahaha... Nanomachines, son. They harden in response to physical trauma." He then punched the ground, making a dent, "You can't hurt me, Sho."

Although that was compeltely untrue, Londo still had unparelled strength and vitality, something Sho couldn't match, and it would continue long after Londo was tired and ran out of prana, while Sho had to rely on his resources to keep him alive. Londo shrugged, then posed once more, gesturing Sho to come towards him, "I still got plenty of fuel in the tank, so come at me!"

Battle Theme

Aug 31, 2019 2:42 PM
Jan 2015
Sho Kazehaya
Health: 105/200
Prana: 4/200
Stamina: 20/200
Skills Active: Fairy Levitation (Passive), Proficiency (Passive), Whirlwind (Active Continuous, 0/5 Phases left)

Londo hadn't even tried to defend himself from the slashes. He just let them hit and punched the fourth slash, making the sword's beam short-circuit again. Even that wasn't enough to bring him down, and he bragged about how it was thanks to 'nanomachines, son!'. He hit the ground and taunted Sho to come at him, saying he couldn't hurt him while Sho recharged his beam sword.

"I can't hurt you? ...We'll see about that!"

Sho rushed at Londo once more, causing a whoosh sound from the shockwave of his sheer speed. This time he circled around Londo to try to disorient him as he got closer, creating a circular wind current that was almost like a tornado, but not strong enough to actually lift anything...for now. Finally, he made his attack by rushing at Londo from the side while gathering a sphere of wind in his hand, and used it to deliver what was effectively a magical uppercut to knock Londo up into the air. He would make use of his speed and agility to duck, jump, or sidestep away if Londo managed to use any attack before his own.

Then, he jumped with incredible speed and unleashed a flurry of five slashes in midair at the airborne Londo, trying to finish him off as quickly as possible.
Oct 20, 2019 7:13 PM

Dec 2011
Londo the GREAT!

Health: 78 / 300
Prana: 5 / 50(150)
Stamina: 100 / 150
Gauntlets: 0 / 100 - 47 / 100
SPD: [A]AGL: E • PER: CREC: [ B. ]

Battle Theme

Londo flicked his head upwards and raised his arms as Sho rushed him once again and circling around Londo's left side. Londo having seen this trick ocne already, spun to his right, using the momentum to increase the damage from his left arm swinging around towards Sho.

However, Londo's hand flew towards Sho, his speed was not enough to match, and Sho ducked under Londo's arm as Sho gather magic in his off hand. Londo only had time to move his gauntlet in front of him to block it, as the attack hit him and Londo, who was unprepared for the attack, was launched 7 feet into the air from it. Sho then launched a flurry of attacks at Londo as this happened. Londo was able to move his gauntlet to meet 2 of the attacks, but the other 3 stabbed into him.

But when Londo landed on the ground, he almost looked no worse for wear than he did before, although his gauntlet showed a bit of scratch on it, "We WILL see won't we? You still got a little fight left in you Sho, and me as well, but who will last longer, huh?" Londo said, adopting yet another stance, then kicking off the ground to rush towards Sho, the ground itself cracking with the inital launch from Londo's sheer strength. While Sho could create sound from moving fast, Londo created it from hitting something really hard.

And as Londo got closer to Sho, he spun, using his feet's momentum to drive his heel into Sho's stomach, lowering his foot if Sho ducked while using his other foot in the spin to catch Sho from his duck. If Sho had dodged, Londo would use the foot still on the ground to push off, still using his spinning momentum to swing that foot around into Sho as well, then if Londo had hit Sho at all...

The Final Ripple

"Serious Series: Serious Punch." Londo said, his face a blank slate as his fist glowed red hot like fire, but cackled with electricity as he drove his right hand into Sho's chest, driving him into the ground with one last Fist of Fury, "Take my final attack, Sho! This last struggle we have fought. It was truly, glorious!"

LondotheGreatOct 26, 2019 6:50 AM
Oct 26, 2019 2:00 PM
Jan 2015
Sho Kazehaya
Health: 0/200
Prana: 0/200
Stamina: 0/200
Air Saber Mk2: 30/40 Durability

The two crossed paths in midair, each landing where the other had been before and facing opposite directions. He heard sparks fly as he passed by Londo; all his slashes had landed. Sho turned around to look back at Londo and saw...

You can't be serious...

That he was still standing, somehow. How many cuts were there on his metal body now? A dozen? Two dozen? Three doz-no, it wasn't quite that many. Unfortunately those 'nanomachines' Londo mentioned were still doing their job and slowly repairing the damaged areas. Yet again, he pushed off the ground and attacked, wondering who would last long while kicking at Sho's chest. He managed to duck under with his reflexes, preparing for the next kic-

(0/5 Phases left)

Again?!

Just like earlier, his speed left him when he needed it most. Now he only barely had the time to slash at the incoming kick, cutting Londo's leg and reducing the impact enough to only slide a few feet to the side.

Then, Londo jumped to deliver an overly dramatic lightning punch. With his speed lowered and Londo's enhanced, he didn't have time to dodge again. And with how hard Londo hit...he probably couldn't take this head on. That meant there were two options: lose right now, or take Londo down first.

And he was tired of running away.

"Haaaaaaah!" He took a step back and put the last of his mana into one slash. He cut into Londo right as Londo punched him. The punch made him skid across the ground painfully, right on his wings, until he slammed into the wall leaving a crack in it. The slash sent a gust of wind throughout the arena and cut through Londo's mechanical torso.

Unfortunately, Sho just wasn't quite as tough as Londo, so while Londo remained standing he slumped to the floor in defeat. If only he'd learned that technique earlier in the battle...

Sho struggled to get to his feet while breathing heavily, exhausted from the fight.

"Haha...I don't know about that, but you really hit like a truck..."

He de-summoned his sword's laser blade, realizing he obviously couldn't fight in this condition. It hadn't gone like he hoped, but he had to admit it had been very close. Besides...

"About what you said earlier...thanks."

He had learned a lot from this fight. All this time he had thought Londo was dumb, crazy, or both, so he was surprised he'd say something so helpful.
Oct 26, 2019 2:32 PM

Dec 2011
Londo the GREAT!

Health: ? / 300
Prana: ? / 150
Stamina: ? / 150
Gauntlets: Desummoned

Londo had taken the hit from Sho in his chest, and although Sho put the remaining reserves of his Prana and Stamina into the attack, it didn't do anything to Londo as he delivered the final nail in the coffin, his gauntlet disappearing into dust because it didn't feel too good.

After the punch, Sho had to thank Londo for what he said earlier, about it being his power. There was no thanks necessary, though... Londo did what he did because he truly believed it, not just to help Sho.

However, Londo did not even respond to it, because the sounds of the world left Londo's ears. The gauntlet Londo wore on his right hand had faded away, breaking into fragments like all Astral Gear did once they were unsummoned. This wouldn't be much of an issue, but Londo felt it after he had punched Sho...

After a few moments, it was clear the dust from what was supposed to be the Astral Gear desummoning was not the Astral Gear. His gauntlet had already faded, and the dust coming from Londo was actually Londo. He was fading. Slowly, but surely, he was fading. It didn't seem to register for Londo, not until he looked at both Sho and Lucia, who were standing there in the Sparring Hall after the battle.

Londo then looked back at his hand and smiled, "Well... Looks like this is it." Londo said, a matter of factly, "Are there any last words the both of you have? Anything you want to ask before Londo the Great scatters to the wind and leaves this world?" Londo said, his arms crossed, a blank expression on his face as he delivered the line, waiting to see what their reaction to his disappearance would be.
Oct 26, 2019 4:11 PM
Jan 2015
Lucia Flores
Prana: 150/200
AG: 30/30

Lucia watched as the battle reached its conclusion. Their last attacks made a gust that blew her hair in the wind, and a tremor that made her stumble backwards and almost drop the items she was holding on to at Sho's request. She was shocked at the swiftness of Sho and the strength of Londo. They were both nothing like when she first met them.

She started healing Sho's injuries, easing the pain enough that he could at least stand up and grab the bracelets she gave back to him. She sent a beam of light to heal Londo as well, but...

It didn't work. He was slowly fading away and not feeling so good. It could only mean one thing: His spirit was leaving this world to another, just like he said. She had hoped it was just some kind of joke, but now she knew for certain it wasn't as he asked if they had any last words.

She took a few steps forward, unsure what to say.

"Why do you have to go?"

It was strange, she thought. Just a week ago she barely knew him. He acted arrogant, selfish, foolish, maybe even a little insane. However...something had changed since then. He felt guilty about what happened to Maron. He started caring about more than just himself. And as strange as he was, somehow she had started caring about him too. As a friend, that is. And she wasn't ready to see him go, not after everything that had happened.

Lucia hugged Londo while struggling to hold back tears.

"Why...why does everyone keep leaving me?!"

The first to go was the robot girl named Velvet. The other teammates on her first mission all disappeared one by one, all except Kim and Londo, and even Kim left to another land despite not leaving the world entirely. It just kept happening. Just like how she had to leave everyone in her real life too when she was killed.

It was getting to her. The only people she was somewhat close to who stuck around were Lysett, Eukina, Amice, and Alatar. All the others were just...gone.

Of course, he already said why he had to go earlier. Before he faded away and went off to whatever world awaited him next, she would let go and say her goodbyes.

"Wherever it is you must go now, I'll be praying for your safety. Thank you for everything you've done to help. I know I called you a fool before, but..."

She paused for a moment, remembering everything he had done. Not the boasting, but the times he fought for something more than himself.

"In the end, you truly were great."

Sho Kazehaya
Health: 50/200
Prana: 5/200
Stamina: 30/200
Air Saber Mk2: Not Summoned
Current Equipment: Warrior Heart (+1 Strength), Revival Bracelet (Inactive)

For a while, Sho wasn't sure what to say as he put on the bracelets again. Londo didn't respond to what he said now that he was fading away. He just couldn't believe Londo was actually leaving. He didn't know him as well as Lucia did, but he still remembered how determined he had been to save those kids, and how angry he was at their kidnappers. Apparently he wasn't a selfish nutjob after all.

Once Lucia was done talking, he finally thought of something to say.

"I'm not so good with saying last words, but...uh...Good luck out there. Wherever you're going, don't worry about leaving anyone here behind. You just gotta keep moving...

And don't look back!"

That was something he did too often. Looking back on everything he did wrong, or everything he thought was wrong with him. It was only when he let go of the past like in this fight that he could move freely. It was a very refreshing feeling.
Oct 26, 2019 4:24 PM

Dec 2011
Londo the GREAT!

Health: ? / 300
Prana: ? / 150
Stamina: ? / 150
Gauntlets: Desummoned

Londo gave Lucia a hug back while she cried in his arms. There wasn't anything he could do but smile. He didn't answer, but let go when she did, and waited until Sho was done talking until Londo responded, looking towards teh window, the sunlight streaming into the room.

"I told you guys, I'm a world hopper. I travel between worlds, and leave when the time is right. Well..." Londo said, a bit dejected, looking down, "The time may not seem right to you guys, but it is..."

Just then, Alice walked up to Londo from her spot on the wall, where she had just been watching the entire time. She didn't say anything, but the look she gave Londo made him chuckle, "Yea, no use in prolonging right? But..."

Londo looked back towards the other two that were there, the sunlight now streaming through his body as his legs faded, and his stomach starting to go with it. It truly was a glorious sight, and beautiful, as the sunlight reflected off of Londo's form, masking him completely in sunlight, and showing him to be a ghost who didn't belong to this world.

Londo raised his left hand, which was still whole, eyeing the COMB on it, "I think I'll take this with me. I won't delete whoever is left on it. You guys..." Londo then stopped, and looked towards the window, "I won't look back, but I will remember. It's impossible now. You guys really were the best friends I could have. I didn't have nearly as much fun in other worlds." Then Londo looked down, his shoulders shaking.

and for the first time since Londo arrived in this world, a sob could be heard from him, and tears fell from his eyes, hitting the floor and disapating from the heat of the air, "I truly felt like I belonged here, like this was the world for me." Londo said, wiping his face with his free hand, the only one left that hadn't disappeared.

By now, the only thing left of Londo's body was his left arm, and upper torso, but those were quickly fading too.

Londo looked down at himself, and smiled for the last time, "[You really were great. Thanks for being here for me. Thank you for being my friend. Even when everyone else left, you stayed with me, and let me have this one last selfish request.]"

Londo looked towards his last friends, smiling at them, then at the window, not looking back at his two friends, "It's so sunny outside, it would be a terrible day for rain, wouldn't it? Ha... Thank you for everything: Lucia, Sho." Londo said, raising his left hand in a farewell, but not looking back.

From his disapated body, two objects fell: The first being a smushed piece of chocolate that once resembled Londo, but no longer did.

The other was the final teardrop as He left this world.

The final remnants of Londo Sperry.

The Great!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» [Astraea HQ] The Summoning Throne

alatartheblue42 - Oct 4, 2018

32 by LondotheGreat »»
Jun 29, 2019 4:45 PM

» [Dormitory] Lobby

alatartheblue42 - Oct 5, 2018

42 by Sho_the_Mage »»
Jun 25, 2019 8:08 PM

» [Yvalia Plains] Abberton Village ( 1 2 )

Elvario - Jan 19, 2019

50 by Discount66 »»
Mar 7, 2019 6:07 AM

» [Mission: Rinhain Forest] Deeper in the Forest

alatartheblue42 - Sep 30, 2018

27 by LondotheGreat »»
Mar 2, 2019 11:46 AM

» [Outside Yvalia] Mt. Alban

alatartheblue42 - Sep 28, 2018

1 by Elvario »»
Feb 15, 2019 1:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.