Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 12, 2018 7:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, Zero Two looks cute with that hair accessory. She and Hiro are closer than ever now.

On the other hand, there's also Mitsuru who seems to getting along with others better now including Hiro too. I also wonder what a Paradise really means in their world.

The Nina Alpha guy is also really outspoken. Damn, those last few minutes were thrilling especially with the mysterious character making her move. Mitsuru and Kokoro's embrace too :o
Stark700May 12, 2018 7:55 AM
May 12, 2018 7:51 AM

Sep 2017
Great and thrilling episode ..
Loved the character development we got..

Ikuno is pretty interesting..

Well Zero Two did say she tastes a secret in episode 8..(wonder what it is..)

A LOT HAPPENED..
BallroomdancerMay 12, 2018 10:07 AM

ボールルームダンサー
May 12, 2018 7:55 AM
May 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Ooh, Zero Two looks cute with that hair accessory. She and Hiro are closer than ever now.

On the other hand, there's also Mitsuru who seems to getting along with others better now including Hiro too. I also wonder what a Paradise really means in their world.

The Nina Alpha guy is also really outspoken. Damn, those last few minutes were thrilling especially with the mysterious character making her move.

What move? To destroy the birdcage?
May 12, 2018 7:57 AM
May 2017
Stark700 said:

The Nina Alpha guy is also really outspoken. Damn, those last few minutes were thrilling especially with the mysterious character making her move. Mitsuru and Kokoro's embrace too :o

You mean the ship has sailed!?
May 12, 2018 8:01 AM

Nov 2011
Zethus_Thorne96 said:
You mean the ship has sailed!?

Well...it's been a ride.
May 12, 2018 8:03 AM

Jun 2017
Did the animation style change a bit ?
(haven't watched the episode yet so just asking)

May 12, 2018 8:04 AM

Oct 2015
uhh, yeahhh . Another awesome episode .

But my attention going to this
May 12, 2018 8:08 AM
Jan 2018
Ballroomdancer said:

When? I don't Remember!
May 12, 2018 8:13 AM

Apr 2015
Deku6339 said:

No? Why would it. Tanaka is still supervising the project and the core staff lineup did not change at all.
May 12, 2018 8:15 AM

Sep 2017
Angel942 said:
Ballroomdancer said:

When? I don't Remember!

The creator also said we would get more focus on her now..

ボールルームダンサー
May 12, 2018 8:17 AM

Jun 2017
Fappa said:
Deku6339 said:

No? Why would it. Tanaka is still supervising the project and the core staff lineup did not change at all.

Sorry..someone told it would..
May 12, 2018 8:20 AM
Jun 2015
Wow
This episode number is 17, and the number of roses correspondent to the episode implies "marry me", Which the episode Definitely symbolized that!

(Actually i started a post about darling in the franxx and the number of roses but is it illegal to advertise another disscussion forum here?)
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1722021

May 12, 2018 8:26 AM
Mar 2018
Hiro = blue oni? :D
May 12, 2018 8:32 AM

Mar 2014
Blue Oni Hiro and Mitsuru x Kokoro finally do the deed.. Still feel bad for Futoshi. From Kokoro to his bulimia hes been getting the short end of the stick. I actually expect him to die
May 12, 2018 8:35 AM
Sep 2017
Do the episodes have lots of hiroxzero two moments?Or death flags?
May 12, 2018 8:40 AM
Jun 2014
Whorekoro confirmed worst girl
May 12, 2018 8:41 AM
May 2017
NAZMUS_SHADAT said:

Dunno. I haven't seen it yet.
May 12, 2018 8:44 AM
Oct 2016
Zethus_Thorne96 said:
NAZMUS_SHADAT said:

Dunno. I haven't seen it yet.

I think I do according to Kazu-kun. Apparently seeing as Kokoro and Mitsuru did "that", he's gotta die. I don't know until I see in later episodes, but that's what he thinks.
May 12, 2018 8:54 AM
Oct 2016
Kirigaro92 said:
Whorekoro confirmed worst girl

It's a good thing I never cared about this shipping stuff. Still, I do pray that Futoshi overcomes his insecurities and one day find that girl. Episode was good though. Hiro is starting to grow horns, which will keep growing overtime I presume. Loved the talking between Hiro and Mitsuru, and the latter's realization that he likes Kokoro. Zorome busts in an an awkward time. Ikuno slaps Nine Alpha, in the face. Of course what Kokoro was checking into seems to be forbidden, which led to some reprimands that ended with Nana's memory coming up after some words. There's more to it but I want to keep it short. So I don't even have to say about what happened in the last few seconds of the episode. Soon, everyone will know.
May 12, 2018 8:55 AM

Jul 2014
So many stuffs happened, like Hiro growing horns wasn't surprising enough but Mitsuru and Kokoro finally did it! why they gotta skip it tho? I ASK FOR DOUJINS! hope the manga doesn't skip it, in Yabuki sensei we trust!
Kokoro thirst got real.
Anyways, the green haired nine's VA... that's fucking Ayane Sakura!!!! I knew it was her after the ep when they were inside the frankxx too.
May 12, 2018 9:01 AM

Oct 2015
-Stray said:
So many stuffs happened, like Hiro growing horns wasn't surprising enough but Mitsuru and Kokoro finally did it! why they gotta skip it tho? I ASK FOR DOUJINS! hope the manga doesn't skip it, in Yabuki sensei we trust!
Kokoro thirst got real.
Anyways, the green haired nine's VA... that's fucking Ayane Sakura!!!! I knew it was her after the ep when they were inside the frankxx too.

Because we don't have ecchi and seinen tag. But as you said, we can see it in manga version.
May 12, 2018 9:13 AM

Mar 2016
I cringe at the "fuck this teenage drama shit" or "Kokoro is a whore/thot" comments. Seriously, it's really just the perks of growing up for these kids....especially since they were never really informed of the norms of the society in the past.
May 12, 2018 9:15 AM
Jan 2009
Kokoro and Mitsuru just had sex? Hiro and Zero Two should have been done this first (in the way they showed Kokoro/Mitsuru doing it).
May 12, 2018 9:31 AM

Sep 2017
Still can't believe that Kokoro and Mitsuru slept together. I'm surprised.
May 12, 2018 9:34 AM

Mar 2016
They did it!! Too bad kokoro's son probably won't be born.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 12, 2018 9:35 AM
May 2016
Hiro became like Zero two slowly... soon.

If Kokoro didnt found book about baby stuff, she wont be go too far like that lol
May 12, 2018 9:36 AM

May 2016
This latest OP foreshadows a lot of ideas that can be interpreted in various ways. These are some but aren't limited to. We see instances where Zero Two and Hiro are trying to "connect", if you may, but are being separated, as you see, they dissappear when they attempt to hold each other's hands. So it is safe to say, in my opinion that there is an unknown "force" or "variable" that is trying to separate these two for unknown (yet) reasons. I believe one of those potential person is "Nine", a former squad member of Zero Two before she entered Squad 13.

Also, at the ED, there was this mysterious girl, will she turn out to be a species similar to 02?

May 2016
This latest OP foreshadows a lot of ideas that can be interpreted in various ways. These are some but aren't limited to. We see instances where Zero Two and Hiro are trying to "connect", if you may, but are being separated, as you see, they dissappear when they attempt to hold each other's hands. So it is safe to say, in my opinion that there is an unknown "force" or "variable" that is trying to separate these two for unknown (yet) reasons. I believe one of those potential person is "Nine", a former squad member of Zero Two before she entered Squad 13.

Also, at the ED, there was this mysterious girl, will she turn out to be a species similar to 02?
Apr 2014
Where is the thot patrol when you need them?
May 12, 2018 9:41 AM

Jan 2015
Hot damn, Kokoro and Mitsuru went 0-100 real quick. This development will surely be interesting to watch.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 12, 2018 9:42 AM

Jan 2016
HIRO LOST HUMANITY AND MITSURU HIS VIRGINITY
May 12, 2018 9:47 AM

Dec 2014
That was certainly 'eventful' in more ways than one.

The Nines clearly know a lot, perhaps even about the real history of humankind considering they recognized what Kokoro was reading about.

Kokoro x Mitsuru set sail I suppose, expecting them Doujins soon. XDD
That said, Kokoro's feeling of wanting to leave something behind is a far more relatable train of thought as compared to the plethora of drama we've had upto this point so in my opinion this was definitely one of the better episodes of the show.

Mitsuru's a man now. xD
May 12, 2018 9:47 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was pretty strong. Not gonna lie. I did have some cringe moments. But it took me a while to understand it. I mean these kids do not know a thing about old past lives on how Humanity does things. And the reason for that it is the All Father keeping shutting up about it. Eventually secrets would get revealed later. That is karma in fact.
May 12, 2018 9:48 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
After the soft reset its nice seeing Zero become more human. It was sweet seeing the interactions between Hiro and Zero. So the nines were sent to act as papa's watchdogs after all. Kokoro's response to the nines though was surprisingly deep. The revelations about the sexual organs and Nana though were interesting. Thinking about the future though is something that papa will never allow i don't think. An interesting episode that provided a lot of interesting revelations about not just their beliefs but their teachings as well. The look into the klax side though was welcome. Still its nice that despite her pain that Kokoro was able to become a pair with Mitsuru.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2018 9:52 AM

Sep 2017
HOLY SHIT IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED

Now we're getting into the good stuff. I just want to know what happened to humanity and why Papa forbid knowledge of human reproduction. A lot of great revelations with the Klaxosaur princess and Ape. Now we know that they knew about her all along and that the Klaxosaurs have a human-like leader.
May 12, 2018 9:54 AM
Apr 2018
Another fucking well made episode, my god they do know how to make great story.

5/5
May 12, 2018 9:55 AM
Dec 2016
i hope kokoro dies
May 12, 2018 9:56 AM

Mar 2018
This episode was awesome.

It confirmed some things we already suspected. Nines are basically PAPA's dogs. The members of the APE council aren't real humans and probably not most adults either. Dr FranXX has a separate agenda from the APE council.

The klaxosaur princess is seriously badass. I'd rather see squad 13 join her against APE.
tokidoki921May 12, 2018 10:00 AM
May 12, 2018 9:58 AM

Jun 2017
Calling it now, the Klaxosaurs were the real humans (evolved) all along. Hiro finally got his horns, it will be nice seeing everyone lose their shit over it when they get noticeably bigger later lol. Some Klaxo princess carnage was nice too. Also yeah, Mitsuru and Kokoro from 0 to 100 real quick. Fuck the Nines... Hope that Nana and Hachi will smash too.

What an amazing episode.
May 12, 2018 10:00 AM

Jun 2015
The Nines sure caused some trouble when they came to visit. Poor Kokoro wants to make a baby lmao. Looks like she did it with Mitsuru. Nana is not feeling too good. Hiro is getting his horns now. People will freak out once they see them.
May 12, 2018 10:05 AM
Jul 2018
What did he mean by this?

May 12, 2018 10:06 AM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
They actually did it. Holy shit almost don't believe.
May 12, 2018 10:07 AM
Jul 2018
This is getting pretty interesting. Love these last's eps developments. Now I wonder what's up with Nana, she seemed to have some memories on her past.

I've also wondered, when ''Blonde Nine'' said, that they're not like humans having feelings..does that mean, they're basically animals or maybe even neutered?

So currently only ones without developments are Zorome x Miku development + Ikuno. Next episodes are gonna be good, looking forward.

EDIT: Also seems like Nana and Hachi are somehow acting weird, like they're being exploited or smh, I dunno what to think about Dr. FranXX. Once he seems like a good guy on the other hand pretty evil.
removed-userMay 12, 2018 10:12 AM
May 12, 2018 10:08 AM

Apr 2012
How everything suddenly became complicated... Nines turned into an analogue of the Spanish Inquisition and school alpha bitches, Kokoro into orator of heterosexuality, and Ikuno throws hints at her own homosexuality at every turn. And I'm not talking about the too-fast introduction of Big Bad at the end.

I somehow missed the point where Darling turned into an anti-SJW version of Evangelion.

RobertBobertMay 12, 2018 10:18 AM
May 12, 2018 10:10 AM

Apr 2012
SupremeEdgelord said:
What did he mean by this?

He meant that their world is an androgynous antiutopia, where the gender roles is reserved only for the piloting of Franxxs. I think
May 12, 2018 10:11 AM

Feb 2018
I didn't really think that those two were actually going to sleep together, damn :D
Something really bad is coming....
May 12, 2018 10:12 AM
Jul 2018
Truly amazing and train-wrecking episode.

Hiro started to grow horn (blue-oni theorist is happy now) while Kokoro and Mitsure development is a bit unexpected.
As expected nines are annoying and blind. But the emotion indoctrination, one-gender idea and forbidding reproduce makes me angry, even though i already expected this.
But klaxosaur princess is badass and the "castle" looks nice.
May 12, 2018 10:12 AM
Feb 2014
I'll probably offend a few people here, but that just proves you're part of the toxic people/whiners.

I'm getting tired of these toxic/stupid people who keep raising deadflags (while there are obviously NONE, stop whining. Not all animes end in drama and despair).

And comments like "I hope Ichigo dies" / "I hope Kokoro dies". You obviously do not understand anything.

Kokoro had NO FEELINGS for Futoshi or whatsoever. They were NOT a couple either. These kids are exploring a lot of new things concerning love, friendship and other emotions. While all these things happened, she obviously started to feel attracted to Mitsuru.

Deal with it, stop whining or write your own show if you think you can do better.

I am impressed by this show and actually hoped the studio would throw a huge middlefinger to all those whiners who can't deal with the story and events.
May 12, 2018 10:13 AM

Sep 2017
I hereby dub thee ~ Kokoro ~ Netorare Queen.

FKKKKKK WHY YOU DO THIS KOKOROO!

"The universe was made, just to be seen by my eyes."
May 12, 2018 10:14 AM

Feb 2017
Really good episode. Many interesting developments. I really didn't expect Kokoro and Mitsuru to really do it. Wonder how it will affect future events if Kokoro truly becomes pregnant.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

345 by Modek69 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

1502 by imsevlol »»
Oct 4, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

367 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

647 by cloudalpha »»
Sep 30, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

363 by 143eitasasaki »»
Sep 21, 10:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.