Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 25, 2018 9:45 PM

Apr 2014
"The exposition is MEANT to be a little messy"

Haha I can't believe people are writing this with a straight face. The exposition is Badly done and still is looking at the recent episode. There's only one episode left now.

squirrvev said:
wittykitt said:

Oh really? Explain to me the wise one, how Rin is supposed to be a demi servant, with proper explanations. Note, it was already said in the post credits scene where a "proper master" is to be prepared but that doesn't mean anything. And no one even asked Rin about that lol, just like you are fine with everything.
Hilarious, if tomorrow it's said that everyone is a servant and earth is flat, you wouldn't even blink an eye.

>exposition is meant to be messy

KnK exposition is also messy but it gathers itself carefully. Here? It doesn't even bother .

The anime good points? Oh yeah it's there, the umu counter

Oh and keep the intentional excuses coming, it will really help with the sales.

You have a brain. Use it

Good job with deflecting his argument. You've been attacking users by saying they're unwilling to use their brain but here you can't respond to his points. If you can use yours, then why don't you enlighten us and explain how Rin is supposed to be a demi servant?
Mar 26, 2018 1:07 AM
Jul 2018
Z4k said:

Haha I can't believe people are writing this with a straight face. The exposition is Badly done and still is looking at the recent episode. There's only one episode left now.

squirrvev said:

You have a brain. Use it

Good job with deflecting his argument. You've been attacking users by saying they're unwilling to use their brain but here you can't respond to his points. If you can use yours, then why don't you enlighten us and explain how Rin is supposed to be a demi servant?

I had more important things to do and it was getting late in my timezone. I assumed episode 9 would reveal something crucial. Anyway, this is a virtual world. Everyone and everything is made of computer code. Enough ?
Mar 26, 2018 4:34 AM
Apr 2015
squirrvev said:
Z4k said:

I had more important things to do and it was getting late in my timezone. I assumed episode 9 would reveal something crucial. Anyway, this is a virtual world. Everyone and everything is made of computer code. Enough ?

Calling it just a virtual world is a terrible misunderstanding it is much more complicated (1000+ reality marbles and soul translation/dive/projection complicated)
We never truly know the limits of the mooncell but appearently it cannot do time travelling where i "assume" that it can't do something on the level of true magic.
Mar 26, 2018 4:38 AM
Jul 2015
I don't hate it... a bit too much ecchi for my taste, but at least I don't hate the MC. So this doesn't get a score of 1 like Fate Zero got from me
Mar 26, 2018 4:45 AM

Dec 2014
frenze12 said:
squirrvev said:

Calling it just a virtual world is a terrible misunderstanding it is much more complicated (1000+ reality marbles and soul translation/dive/projection complicated)
We never truly know the limits of the mooncell but appearently it cannot do time travelling where i "assume" that it can't do something on the level of true magic.

Well but it basiclly is as the moon cells runs a simulation where everything happens aka in a digital space created by the supercomputer.
Mar 26, 2018 4:47 AM

Feb 2014
no other fate except zero should've existed in the first place
Flying without feathers is not easy; my wings have no feathers
Mar 26, 2018 4:56 AM
Apr 2015
cynically said:
no other fate except zero should've existed in the first place

Without the orginal fate stay night novel, zero would have never existed...
Mar 26, 2018 7:34 AM
Jul 2018
squirrvev said:
Z4k said:

If only you used your head maybe you would have known what explanation means..

Tomorrow hakuno is revealed to be a servant, and the explanation is "Everyone and everything is made of computer code." And the concept is misunderstood anyway in the first place, as above user pointed out(wonderful messy exposition you understood, I can see that already).

What a joke lol, thanks for the laugh anyway. Next time don't argue when you don't know about the subject properly.
Mar 26, 2018 7:36 AM
Jul 2018
Has no appeal whatsoever. Apocrypha at least was so bad it was a blast to talk or make fun about, plus the trap.
Mar 26, 2018 12:55 PM
Jul 2018
wittykitt said:
squirrvev said:

Tomorrow hakuno is revealed to be a servant, and the explanation is "Everyone and everything is made of computer code." And the concept is misunderstood anyway in the first place, as above user pointed out(wonderful messy exposition you understood, I can see that already).

What a joke lol, thanks for the laugh anyway. Next time don't argue when you don't know about the subject properly.

Jesus Christ, give me a break . Do I have to deliver a flawless explanation anyone could follow ? Does making 1 mistake ( not really, it's just a matter of details from the game) automatically mean that I'm stupid and don't know what an explanation is ? Don't be like that, because you yourself are imperfect and make mistakes all the time. It's ridiculous how you use one little thing to turn everything around, as if there was nothing else left to consider
Mar 26, 2018 1:24 PM
Sep 2016
squirrvev said:
wittykitt said:

Jesus Christ, give me a break . Do I have to deliver a flawless explanation anyone could follow ? Does making 1 mistake ( not really, it's just a matter of details from the game) automatically mean that I'm stupid and don't know what an explanation is ? Don't be like that, because you yourself are imperfect and make mistakes all the time. It's ridiculous how you use one little thing to turn everything around, as if there was nothing else left to consider

I mean...technically yes
(Don't mind me)
1.1.Six
Mar 26, 2018 1:26 PM
Sep 2016
squirrvev said:
Z4k said:

Pfffffff lol

I can't tell whether people are serious or just trolling when trying to defend this anime XD
1.1.Six
Mar 26, 2018 3:03 PM

Apr 2014
Burguburu said:
why this Fate is so hated? I don't see why. There is no forced romance like Apocrypha, a cringe MC like Apocrypha and a lot of characters that is hard to follow like Apocrypha. Also there is no subplot that feels like a filler. Of course, this Fate/Extra have problems like the rushed battles (the first 3 episodes), some undeveloped characters and some unexplained things. Everybody saying that is confusing but the tone of mystery reminds me of the original Fate, unlike Apocrypha that feels like a generic anime and easily forgettable. Apocrypha was bad in nearly all the aspects. Finally, Saber is better than Ruler. After many bad/average animes of this season, my score for Fate/Extra is 6/10.

That's like....your opinion man.

I personally loved every single aspect of Apocrypha, and I've watched some episodes like 30 times. Also, I wanted to like Fate Extra, I really did, but all it seems to have are Nero as* shots... It's basically an insult to compare this to Apocrypha.
Mar 27, 2018 2:42 AM

Jul 2014
i'm just watching for saber, really. it's not like things will suddenly be clear and make sense if i think harder about it so i just don't bother and enjoy the umu.
And yes, I meant that.
--------------------------------------
Sukasuka Discord server, also home to Orlandri Translation Company, who are planning to translate Sukasuka and Sukamoka:
https://discord.gg/xXTncqJ
Do join if it interests you.
Mar 27, 2018 3:04 AM
Apr 2015
JudoJD said:
squirrvev said:

Pfffffff lol

I can't tell whether people are serious or just trolling when trying to defend this anime XD

At this point in the anime there still is no definitive explanation why or how "Rin" became a demi servant. Neither does the anime (or characters) care for it either compared to lets say "dead face" which regularly comes back as a topic for discussion in the anime.

For now we can only guess or theorycraft what the deal with "demi-servant" Rin is.
Mar 27, 2018 4:09 AM

Feb 2017
There are many reasons that contribute to this show being hated, such as: people watching meme subs, bad action scenes, not so interesting characters (except Saber), badly set up mystery, not giving any answers or explaining anything for 8 weeks, it is hard to understand what is going on in the episodes, Shaft's style that many (Fate)fans are not used to. Show was also wrongly advertised imo, they said you don't need to play the game, but I think playing the game makes the show more enjoyable and easier to understand. There are many more reasons but these are the ones I could think of atm.

Overall I think it is badly executed show in many aspects, but because it is a mystery show I'm willing to hold my final judgement until it ends since it can still make up for some of it's faults by the end.
Mar 30, 2018 6:00 PM
Mar 2016
wittykitt said:
squirrvev said:
First of all, most people here seem to be unfamiliar with basic notions behind mystery anime or unwilling to use their brain a little. It isn't true that this anime has a bad plot - it's intentionally confusing but still far away from Serial Experiments Lain. Most people don't want to even consider the possibility of being stupid/responsible for not understanding anything. So they attack the plot to detract attention from their own shortcomings. This is how I see it. What's more, people keep comparing anime that shouldn't be compared; just because this is Fate doesn't mean you can use Zero as a universal ideal . That's because the main idea behind Last Encore is vastly different from any other Fate. Think of it this way: if someone said that Emiya cooking show is garbage because it's not like Fate/Zero, would you take that opinion seriously ? I don't think so. The same is here. While the animation quality isn't the best(this year's Gintama still manages to screw up even more ), it's not like this anime has no qualities AT ALL. It's worth mentioning that nowadays radical opinions tend to be more popular/visible on the internet, regardless of how absurd they are. What's more, it's easy to follow mainstream hate when an anime doesn't bother lowering itself to the level of this particular audience.

I get it it can be intentionally trying to be confusing or whatever, but hilarious how you said it doesn't have bad plot. The exposition is a mess, characters are dull as hell quickly getting killed. I thought maybe people opened their eyes after the mess of last episode, but nope, heck they even turned Rin a demi servant out of nowhere lol.
Also main character is one of the worst I have seen.

It's an honest toss up between him and homunculii boy (I honestly can't remember his name). Hell, Shiro I hate with a passion but at least he has some sort of a personality (no matter how idiotic it is and wants to make me bash my head on the table).
Mar 30, 2018 8:08 PM
Jan 2015
Poor pacing, anticlamatic battles and storylines, and visually lackluster fight scenes(especially by Shaft standards). Overall I don't hate it and I've found joy watching LE, mainly thanks to Nero and Rin. Still its probably my least favorite fate anime so far and a disappointment. Things might be able to turn around a bit with the last 4 episodes(eps 11-13 are going to be broadcasted later on), but I'm not going to put anything on it.
My Queens

Mar 30, 2018 9:22 PM
Mar 2018
Like other people said, it's mostly viewers who didn't play the game the ones who are hating it. Why are they watching this show when this is a continuation of the game? Who knows, this is as dumb as people who start watching a season two without watching season one first. You just need to compare reactions from people who played the game (the ones who should be watching it) vs anime onlys (why are you even here?) to see how ridiculous this is.

And apparently the show is "too confusing" or "too hard to follow" (Seriously? Do you multitask while watching it?), this already gives you a good idea of the kind of people who are hating Last Encore. Even people who haven't played the game but have a brain are able to understand what's going on (an anime only redditor wrote a great and accurate summary of the show so far on /r/anime).
Mar 31, 2018 5:06 AM
Jul 2018
xShigarakix said:
because animeonly plebs think that fate franchise is about the battles and edgy stuff this was never true,

Of course, this Fate/Extra have problems like the rushed battles (the first 3 episodes),

again this was never the main point of nasuverse, it about the interaction and ideals between master and servant, master and master, servant and servant, that's it,

the battle are not even important most powers are just beams anyways and this also a meme how all sabers using beamswords

some undeveloped characters

they already got character development in extra, no point to repeat it again, instead they got more development

and some unexplained things.

? dont' see it

It’s an anime, so mentioning ”anime-onlies” as an argument is stupid. Why should they care about anything else that is not in the anime while judging THE anime?
Mar 31, 2018 6:21 AM

Apr 2016
Here are the most likely possible for the disgustingly poor reception, and it could be any number of these.

1. People expected it to be an adaptation of Fate/Extra. They didn't realize that Kinoko Nasu write this wrote this as a new story based on Extra solely for the purposes of trying new fans in whilst most likely feeling that Extra wouldn't be good for adaptation.

2. It isn't animated by Ufotable. You know how some people are about that, even though this has the best visuals in the series, only being remotely rivaled by Zero and Heaven's Feel.

3. It is a very confusing puzzle thst pieces itself together regarding information about the main setting and main characters. I guess some people can't handle that and demand a more straightforward story? Given the convoluted world and lore for the Fate/Extra series (going based off Last Encore alone), if they told it to you more straightforwardly, which would result in many, many lengthy exposition dumps, it would be an absolute chore and would already be impossible to stomach all at once. This was one of my major problems with Mahouka.

4. They (erroneously) find the MC to be insanely bland. Yes, he is a reserved guy whose main aspect is his confusion and rage, by they is far more personality than say, Ritsuka from Fate/Grand Order First Order, and still more thank Sieg from Apocrypha has by the end.

Also, the fights here are infinitely better than those of Apocrypha. Yeah the best of Apocrypha's fights would fit right in with this one, but none of the Last Encore fights are incomprehensible messes of disconnected shots and annoying motion blur like a large amount of the fights in Apocrypha, nor is the frame rate absolutely jank either like in that show. Plus, the fist fight here was way better than that appalling excuse for a fist fight in Apocrypha. Also, the character develop way more here and aren't as atrocious as 80% of the cast of Apocrypha. It's narrative, while convoluted, is coherent and not riddled with as many holes, errors, contradictions, and missed opportunities as that show either. Also, neither of those two are even remotely as bad as the UBW 2010 Movie, let alone Grand Order First Order, which he the worst in the franchise by far.
Mar 31, 2018 6:25 AM

Feb 2017
christiansen said:
Like other people said, it's mostly viewers who didn't play the game the ones who are hating it. Why are they watching this show when this is a continuation of the game? Who knows, this is as dumb as people who start watching a season two without watching season one first. You just need to compare reactions from people who played the game (the ones who should be watching it) vs anime onlys (why are you even here?) to see how ridiculous this is.

And apparently the show is "too confusing" or "too hard to follow" (Seriously? Do you multitask while watching it?), this already gives you a good idea of the kind of people who are hating Last Encore. Even people who haven't played the game but have a brain are able to understand what's going on (an anime only redditor wrote a great and accurate summary of the show so far on /r/anime).

Why are anime-only people here? That is because Nasu himself said in his blog that he wants this show to be a starting point into the Extra universe for people who never played any of the extra games.
Mar 31, 2018 10:55 AM
Jul 2016
I know it will be unpleasant what I'm going to say to the Shaft fanboys, but let's think about this: several studios have acquired identities over the years. Many of them managed to assemble a team that managed to develop a style. Gainax was like that, the Madhouse until a few years ago [before One Punch Man] was like that, the Ufotable is like that. When a studio takes shape to the point of having an artistic identity that makes it special. Today the Trigger studio has this form that Gainax lost.

It is not uncommon for any director to be the major influence of a studio. For example, Hiroyuki Imaishi is a big influence on most of the animators of Studio Trigger. He is even the influence of Yoshimichi Kameda, who made tests to enter Gainax, but it was not time to show how he deals with designer. It was not to the taste of the studio's producers. Kameda after that continued to search for a studio, albeit maintaining his admiration for Gainax staff, specifically for Imaishi.

But Shaft clearly never had an identity. Proof of this is that his greatest successes only exist today thanks to Shinbou. However, the studio so relied on its identity to the director that practically all the works in recent years, relevant and irrelevant were directed by him. It is said that he has aspiring directors, but you hardly see them directing anything by themselves.

I think Shaft's biggest mistake was wanting to take advantage of a single creative mind, and transforming the studio's identity into the work of Shinbou, who is not a bad director, but should not have directed that work in the first place.
Mar 31, 2018 11:24 AM

May 2015
christiansen said:

Anime-only people are watching the show because it was NOT marketed as a show that required the viewer to have seen/read the source material for them to understand it. Now that it's almost over, it's pretty clear that it is was only meant for those that played the game, yes, but that doesn't excuse it's failings.

Mar 31, 2018 2:29 PM
Jul 2018
Tsarko said:
christiansen said:

Why are anime-only people here? That is because Nasu himself said in his blog that he wants this show to be a starting point into the Extra universe for people who never played any of the extra games.

But he then mentioned that it could have been appreciated both as an part of the series and as its own entry. You can't exactly blame the anime-only watchers (including myself) if the writer's wording was like that. Pretty sure if it was the case, he essentially welcomed the new comers to come over and watching it. That's the problem.

It would have been justified for example the entire DR3 scenario where the author of the show blatantly said that the anime sequel is only strictly for those that have played the original games. That would have been fine.

But it is otherwise taken as an entry that can be watched by both sides of the coin. That's more of bad or poor wording on Nasu's end, which while I won't give him a lot of shit for that, he essentially didn't made it rather clear enough.

Kittens-kun said:
christiansen said:

Anime-only people are watching the show because it was NOT marketed as a show that required the viewer to have seen/read the source material for them to understand it. Now that it's almost over, it's pretty clear that it is was only meant for those that played the game, yes, but that doesn't excuse it's failings.

Basically what he said. It was marketed as something that you don't need to know about the game, that people that are new can watch the latest installment without understanding the lore, but in the end that entire marketing backfired because there's a lot of stuff that don't really add up to the entire writing.
Mar 31, 2018 2:44 PM
Jul 2018
CodeBlazeFate said:
Here are the most likely possible for the disgustingly poor reception, and it could be any number of these.

1. People expected it to be an adaptation of Fate/Extra. They didn't realize that Kinoko Nasu write this wrote this as a new story based on Extra solely for the purposes of trying new fans in whilst most likely feeling that Extra wouldn't be good for adaptation.

2. It isn't animated by Ufotable. You know how some people are about that, even though this has the best visuals in the series, only being remotely rivaled by Zero and Heaven's Feel.

3. It is a very confusing puzzle thst pieces itself together regarding information about the main setting and main characters. I guess some people can't handle that and demand a more straightforward story? Given the convoluted world and lore for the Fate/Extra series (going based off Last Encore alone), if they told it to you more straightforwardly, which would result in many, many lengthy exposition dumps, it would be an absolute chore and would already be impossible to stomach all at once. This was one of my major problems with Mahouka.

4. They (erroneously) find the MC to be insanely bland. Yes, he is a reserved guy whose main aspect is his confusion and rage, by they is far more personality than say, Ritsuka from Fate/Grand Order First Order, and still more thank Sieg from Apocrypha has by the end.

Also, the fights here are infinitely better than those of Apocrypha. Yeah the best of Apocrypha's fights would fit right in with this one, but none of the Last Encore fights are incomprehensible messes of disconnected shots and annoying motion blur like a large amount of the fights in Apocrypha, nor is the frame rate absolutely jank either like in that show. Plus, the fist fight here was way better than that appalling excuse for a fist fight in Apocrypha. Also, the character develop way more here and aren't as atrocious as 80% of the cast of Apocrypha. It's narrative, while convoluted, is coherent and not riddled with as many holes, errors, contradictions, and missed opportunities as that show either. Also, neither of those two are even remotely as bad as the UBW 2010 Movie, let alone Grand Order First Order, which he the worst in the franchise by far.

If I could answer something for this (if you don't mind me), I can give a bit of an idea personally:

1. I don't have anything against the idea of Nasu trying to take this direction. I feel like it could have worked fine... until the series convolutes itself. This is by far one of the weakest or cheapest tactics to get me as a viewer invested to get or play the game. Instead, it only made me not want to go into it in the near future.

2. Not really me. I think the problem with this entire reason is more of a bias complaint for people that likes Ufotable. I mean granted I like them, but I don't mind anyone else doing the adaptions of Fate or anything. My problem comes from the fact that Shaft might have problems with their sources, and I believe a lot of them went on focusing on 3gatsu more than this.

3. I wouldn't have an issue if it was intentionally doing this for people to piece things together if they haven't left anything that might be stuff connected to the games. I seriously had to ask few people about certain stuff about the anime, and to this day the anime hasn't made that very transparent. That's one of my gripes with the anime. But my biggest gripe was the characters as they don't hold onto the series as much.

4. Hakuno to me is actually the best out of the series personally. He's actually the one that holds the show weight because I find the fact that he was built out of anger and negative so to speak interesting. Unlike Hakunon which the only thing she has is the fact that she's just there personally (now that I can see Hakunon as a character in the show, I never understood the reason why people wanted her to be there... aside from "assuming here btw" waifu baiting and yuri baiting. It would make the show worse for me).

Overall I personally think Extra just falls right onto its face honestly. I think the concept and the idea is fine. My problem comes from some information being missing as well as the characters not being actually engaging to where it can deflect the writing as well. Hakuno is the only good thing I personally think the show holds up to since the entire mystery revolves around him. Even if I say this, and while I find his part interesting, the entire writing is just filled with mumbled folders being pieced together incoherently and it looks like such a mess in the end.

I don't think Apocrypha is even that great, but despite the issues of the writing, you know what deflect that writing for me? The characters. They're not great, but they felt more lively and have something to stand on, despite some of them being killed relatively quickly, they hold something unlike Extra's. It doesn't help that the production when it comes to the fight scenes are just barebone slideshows. Its not even my main problem to be honest.

The best episode for me when it comes to visuals would be episode 6 since it had a lot from the director's own specialty when it comes to these type of works... unfortunately it didn't helped much with the overall product.
Mar 31, 2018 3:51 PM

Apr 2016
Wasshio said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

If I could answer something for this (if you don't mind me), I can give a bit of an idea personally:

1. I don't have anything against the idea of Nasu trying to take this direction. I feel like it could have worked fine... until the series convolutes itself. This is by far one of the weakest or cheapest tactics to get me as a viewer invested to get or play the game. Instead, it only made me not want to go into it in the near future.

2. Not really me. I think the problem with this entire reason is more of a bias complaint for people that likes Ufotable. I mean granted I like them, but I don't mind anyone else doing the adaptions of Fate or anything. My problem comes from the fact that Shaft might have problems with their sources, and I believe a lot of them went on focusing on 3gatsu more than this.

3. I wouldn't have an issue if it was intentionally doing this for people to piece things together if they haven't left anything that might be stuff connected to the games. I seriously had to ask few people about certain stuff about the anime, and to this day the anime hasn't made that very transparent. That's one of my gripes with the anime. But my biggest gripe was the characters as they don't hold onto the series as much.

4. Hakuno to me is actually the best out of the series personally. He's actually the one that holds the show weight because I find the fact that he was built out of anger and negative so to speak interesting. Unlike Hakunon which the only thing she has is the fact that she's just there personally (now that I can see Hakunon as a character in the show, I never understood the reason why people wanted her to be there... aside from "assuming here btw" waifu baiting and yuri baiting. It would make the show worse for me).

Overall I personally think Extra just falls right onto its face honestly. I think the concept and the idea is fine. My problem comes from some information being missing as well as the characters not being actually engaging to where it can deflect the writing as well. Hakuno is the only good thing I personally think the show holds up to since the entire mystery revolves around him. Even if I say this, and while I find his part interesting, the entire writing is just filled with mumbled folders being pieced together incoherently and it looks like such a mess in the end.

I don't think Apocrypha is even that great, but despite the issues of the writing, you know what deflect that writing for me? The characters. They're not great, but they felt more lively and have something to stand on, despite some of them being killed relatively quickly, they hold something unlike Extra's. It doesn't help that the production when it comes to the fight scenes are just barebone slideshows. Its not even my main problem to be honest.

The best episode for me when it comes to visuals would be episode 6 since it had a lot from the director's own specialty when it comes to these type of works... unfortunately it didn't helped much with the overall product.
1. To be fair, this means that the lore of the series it is loosely advertising is convoluted by default if it is presenting the information in a way in which you can look at it and say that even if it was straightforward it would be hard to follow. You could make the argument that the atypical presentation of the information makes that even worse, but eh.

2. TBH, there were no real animation or art issues aside from a few background faces looking like A-1 Pictures in episode 1. It moves just fine and it fan all be followed along perfectly, even if the action can occasionally feel slow and clunky.

3. I am not exactly sure if they had missed anything important (to be fair, it's dealing with world-building that was convoluted to begin with) but more so than being an intentional puzzle, it wasn't even remotely involving anything from the games in the first place, aside from the characters, background lore, and world-building mechanics.

4. Glad we agree that Hakuno is great.

It definitely doesn't come off as that incoherent to me. It's convoluted, sure, but I don't think the information is the problem. If anything, it's the pacing that's the big issue, as characters sometimes perform things like learn about an opponent's location, offscreen, without any explanation as to how.

TBH, I disagree heavily; the majority of the characters in Apocrypha were god awful. Apart from how 2-3 decent character dynamics (Reina and Jack, Semiramis and Shakespeare, and maybe Semiramis and Shiro Kotomine) were woefully undercooked due to the sheer lack of time for them to really come into their own, a majority of the characters were dry and dull at best (Astolfo, Chirion, Fiore and her brother, Karna, Siegfried) and intolerable at worst (Celenike, Atlanta). I think the only remotely decent characters (many of which could have been even better with more time) are: Sieg, Jeanne, Shakespeare, Semiramis, Jack, Reina, Shishigo, Mordred, and Vlad. That's roughly 1/3 of this 26 or so cast and I can't even call 1 of those 9 good, except Shakespeare; Shakespeare's the best. They weren't presented interestingly either, apart from maybe a few scenes.

Contrast this with Last Encore. Looking at the sum of their parts, a fair amount of these characters might not seem to interesting (notably the floor 2 guys and floor 5 guys). However, through the show's magnificent presentation of these characters, incredibly lame characters become somewhat entertaining, and already interesting and even depressing characters such as Alice and Shinji suddenly become wonderful and chilling to the bone. Hakunon and Nero are also great examples of this in my opinion.

Yeah, Wonderland was just...a new level of creative visuals, disturbing or not. Man, that was quite the treat to look at, even more so than the rest of the series.

Also, to anyone who claims this requires knowledge from the games...what the actual shit?! Nasu himself said it was specifically designed for all audiences in mind, new and old. This doesn't require knowledge from Fate/Extra and can be watched standalone. It's just that it was written in a way in which how it played out caused mass confusion for newcomers and Fate/Extra fans (the fact that MAL and other sources erroneously call it an adaptation of the games and many viewers get suckered into that lie, made all parties involved even more confused than intended). Complain about the convoluted nature of the lore here (which aside from the characters and art style, is the only thing it has in relation to the games), but don't think for eve a second that this is a bad adaptation of something it isn't adapting in the first place. This isn't Dies Irae or Blazblue Alter Memory.
CodeBlazeFateApr 1, 2018 9:18 AM
Mar 31, 2018 4:22 PM

Aug 2017
7/10 this anime. Greetings.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

120 by Remlz_77 »»
Aug 27, 12:14 AM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

136 by Shidoteki »»
Jul 8, 9:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.